Gang of thieving Don Muang Airport staff exposed by woman using ‘Find My iPhone feature

rooster59

1 hour ago, monkeycu said:

If you don't like it here, don't come.

A person can get ripped off in any country, not just Thailand

don't be too concerned .... like most whingers here ... they don't even live here now.

they most likely got burnt by a thai gf and now they have a chip on their shoulder about everthing thai.

11 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I am in two minds as to which is more incredible, The fact that people still place expensive items in the check in baggage, or the fact that she could do without her phone for several hours.....( unless she had more than one of course ). 

The flight from Udon Thani to BKK is I'm sure not more than an hour & a bit so not "several hours" as you have suggested... plus phones have to be switched off during the flight so maybe she did check her phone into the hold luggage believing she did not need to use it !

Obviously there is a link with the X-ray department in hold luggage screening area & staff who are tipped off before the bags are loaded onto carts & taken to the aircraft.

I have a history in aviation & know the process of baggage & passenger handling from check-in time at the desk to departures!

THE HOLD BAGGAGE X-RAY SCANNERS ARE TIPPING OFF PERSONNEL THAT THERE IS SOMETHING IN THE BAG THAT IS WORTH TAKING BEFORE IT IS PUT ONTO THE CARTS TO BE LOADED ONTO THE AIRCRAFT.

Back in 2003, returning from my first ever trip to Siem Reap, Cambodia on a Bangkok Airways flight to Don Muang, I had to check-in my backpack containing my camera with all the pictures I took from my trip.

After arrival in Bangkok, the camera was gone. I had assumed it was stolen by the Siem Reap airport staff, but reading this makes me think it could just as well have been the Don Muang airport staff.

13 hours ago, dcsw53 said:

The powers that be are too busy organising a cover up. With the video cameras in baggage handling this must be a large scale operation and if details get out it could harm tourust numbers.

In most other countries it would be the police who did the tracking, not the victim, no doubt they were too busy with their brown envelopes

How would the police be able to track the iPhone?

The victim should be the only one with the appropriate passwords and ID

to trigger the app.

On 4/1/2019 at 12:34 AM, shy coconut said:

How would the police be able to track the iPhone?

The victim should be the only one with the appropriate passwords and ID

to trigger the app.

Don't bring logic in to this, he just wanted a way to shoehorn "brown envelope" in to this thread as it was missing it so far - that's not good enough for Thai Visa.

On 3/31/2019 at 1:18 PM, quadperfect said:

This story pretty much sums up everything one needs to know about thailand.

Yes, a woman stole a phone - that sums everything up about Thailand doesn't it.  

Last week I was in the delightful coastal city of Pattaya and left my phone in a bar, only realising the next day.  I retraced my steps and got it back - someone at the bar found it and locked it away in the hope I would come back.  That pretty much sums up everything one needs to know about Thailand.

(And it was a bar I'd never been to in my life - they didn't know me)

Archived