Paying Thai girlfriend a "salary"

On 4/4/2019 at 6:32 PM, NCC1701A said:

set your budget (which should be zero) and tell her that is it. if she does not like it she will be instantly replaced. 

If you honestly believe the burd from Isaan loves you then your a bigger mug ... Give her the 50K and learn like a load of farangs have... My babe is a babe and lifts and lays me for 7k a month to look after her Dad and 2 kids ... She never asked me for a penny but thats what I give... Why... Because she never ever asked

• Like 1

First off........never look for love in a bar.

ANY lady that tells you anything about paying any fee for her or her family..........leave her right there........tell her.......wait right here.......I am going to go get the money...........AND NEVER LOOK BACK

It gives new meaning to A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON PARTED~!!!

• Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 6:05 PM, metempsychotic said:
On 4/4/2019 at 6:29 PM, baansgr said:

Everyone pays their Mrs a salary here, even those that swear blind they dont as they are Bangkok Chinese. Its the way of Thailand, hence why Im single. 50k is way too steep

mayhap you are single because you think all thai women are whores

every culture is different. in colombia if the gal you are dating asks how she is in bed the best most flattering answer to tell her is like "puta profesional" . = like a professional whore. upper class gals like to hear this as well.

Why is it so difficult to understand?  Nothing  is black and white.. Just imagine a sliding scale with one end representing two people  with the most extreme gap in age and looks,  the other being  a couple of similiar  age and attractivness. At the end  of the scale where there is the  closest match in age and attractiveness,  interlect and interests  etc, there is also the chance of very  little if any payment involved in the relationship, just like anywhere else in the world. Now slide the scale to where there is a wide gap in physical attraction or age , interest etc and the  amount you are likely to  be paying for the privalage of that girls company  gets  expensive. One way or the other she'll want her fair pay as she sees it.    Some play  the short  game some the long game but  one way or another she'll get her money. If you try to  resist thinking you  are smarter than her, she'll make your life living hell  and conconct all sorts of excuses how to  squeeze it from you.  If that doesnt work there the 'old  fell off a balcony' chestnut... The fee she asks should also tell you  how attractive you are to her...   50k / month I'd say she thinks you are reasonably stupid, unattractive or not  good in bed;  what ever yard stick she is measuring you  by.. but not quite as  far down the scale as that represented by  Nong Nat.  Good luck!

Edited by epicstuff
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, epicstuff said:

The fee she asks should also tell you  how attractive you are to her...   50k / month I'd say she thinks you are reasonably stupid, unattractive or not  good in bed;  what ever yard stick she is measuring you  by.. but not quite as  far down the scale as that represented by  Nong Nat.  Good luck!

I've always offered 10k/month, take it or leave it ................. they all took it.

All stunners as well.

I must be really young and hansum!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

On 4/5/2019 at 6:36 AM, Kadilo said:

Pish

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Exactly. 

Many in pattaya on 3000 a month retainer.

Plus lady drinks.  Plus the odd tricks. 

Once they hit 40 ish they convince themselves that they are old, and there's not as many coming from the farm to work here, these days. 

The family funds them a ticket to Korea or Japan.

And sends home the dollars. 

• Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 8:12 PM, dallen52 said:

Exactly. 

Many in pattaya on 3000 a month retainer.

Plus lady drinks.  Plus the odd tricks. 

Once they hit 40 ish they convince themselves that they are old, and there's not as many coming from the farm to work here, these days. 

The family funds them a ticket to Korea or Japan.

And sends home the dollars. 

They know they are old with 30 and granny old with 40. What's the condition of that retainer? That she never takes her clothes off and shows herself only after applying the make-up?

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:57 PM, BritManToo said:

I've always offered 10k/month, take it or leave it ................. they all took it.

All stunners as well.

I must be really young and hansum!

Probably they thought in his age that means action every 10 days. That's 3 times a month 3,000 per action. ???? 

P.S.: Don't take it personal hansum man.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Probably they thought in his age that means action every 10 days. That's 3 times a month 3,000 per action. ???? 

P.S.: Don't take it personal hansum man.

The first one I moved in insisted on 4x a day and tried for number 5 (usually unsuccessfully)

The next one (I married) was trying for a baby and said I had to do it 3x a day to ensure pregnancy.

Ten years later, 2-3x a week is all I can manage.

I must be very hansum.

• Like 2

I was told by a financially successful married Thai friend that the 50,000 is indeed a general benchmark of expectation. It's what he gives his wife and more but when he directed me to do the same in order to insure love and loyalty

I had to point out the major flaw that many guys who go to Thailand or live  there seem to ignore or overlook.  

Women outnumber men in Thailand . I posted this in another thread but it is also relevant here. Scarcity creates value , excess creates devaluation.  Also, the older they get the closer they are to expiration in their culture in addition to the baggage of kids from a previous relationship with a Thai guy before heading out to strike up a lucrative deal with a so called rich foreigner.  Trust me this is not the Kansas city strip club where 10 guys  sit around a fat mother of 5 pole dancer and throw tips hoping she will let them put a dollar in her bra.  The girls working in Thai bars are only a drop in the bucket compared to the ones who are available.  Widen your scope and you won't need a telescope to find them for a lot less than 50000bht a month.................

2 hours ago, Seth1a2a said:

I was told by a financially successful married Thai friend that the 50,000 is indeed a general benchmark of expectation. It's what he gives his wife and more but when he directed me to do the same in order to insure love and loyalty

I had to point out the major flaw that many guys who go to Thailand or live  there seem to ignore or overlook.  

Women outnumber men in Thailand . I posted this in another thread but it is also relevant here. Scarcity creates value , excess creates devaluation.  Also, the older they get the closer they are to expiration in their culture in addition to the baggage of kids from a previous relationship with a Thai guy before heading out to strike up a lucrative deal with a so called rich foreigner.  Trust me this is not the Kansas city strip club where 10 guys  sit around a fat mother of 5 pole dancer and throw tips hoping she will let them put a dollar in her bra.  The girls working in Thai bars are only a drop in the bucket compared to the ones who are available.  Widen your scope and you won't need a telescope to find them for a lot less than 50000bht a month.................

Is your friend one of those dirty old buggers who is 70y.o and want a 20y.o wife ??

if so then 50k seems a good deal to me..

10k baht for every 10years of age difference.

this is why its a good idea to go for lady who is only 10 years younger.

10 hours ago, Seth1a2a said:

Women outnumber men in Thailand . I posted this in another thread but it is also relevant here. Scarcity creates value , excess creates devaluation.

Have you got data, what is the ratio?
So far i know, anything more than about 51.5% female is considered extreme and i've never seen 52...maybe.  So how much difference would that make, practically?

44 minutes ago, Cat ji said:

So far i know, anything more than about 51.5% female is considered extreme and i've never seen 52...maybe.  So how much difference would that make, practically?

According to https://knoema.com/atlas/Thailand/topics/Demographics/Population/Male-to-female-ratio

The ratio was 51.16% females in 2015 ... it has fallen pretty consistently since 1950, they say, with women starting to outnumber men by 1985.

20 hours ago, Seth1a2a said:

Widen your scope and you won't need a telescope to find them for a lot less than 50000bht a month.................

very true i have met many nice ladies on the internet and never paid a cent for any of them. sure they may be trying to play the long game, and of course i pay for everything should we go out or go on holidays.

On 4/23/2019 at 9:39 PM, Dingo1170 said:

Hahaha you've been hit by, you've beenstruck by a smooth criminal, lol.<deleted> me mate, go hang out in Shopping Centres, restaurants, and meet a lady that has some self respect mate, not a blood sucking leech. She will be trying to do this across 4timezones, thats all they are good at. You will purchase her a motorbike, Iphone and tablet etc which she will somehow dutifully lose or get stolen all the time, extra of course will be needed becausegrandma or mama has a life threatening disease, and of course the absolute piece de resistance, the water buffalo has a <deleted> broken leg, hahaha. Also the motorbike will have its green book taken by a loan shark because she has refinanced the <deleted>. Take my advice, love is security for these <deleted> nothing else, I repeat nothing else, you will continually feel like your the second or third class person in this relationship. Generally it all comes unstuck when you decide to stay longer than a week or two, as she then has to start communicating with the other guys across the world, she can only say she has to go to jungle with no telephone reception for a short while, I guess by now your getting my drift. Take your time mate. Find an educated lady, they are so much easier on you at the end of the day. If a bar girl or thai freindly or Badoo girl can speak good english, or play good pool and has tattoos <deleted> run Forrest run. Better of sponsoring a Uni student at least they are trying to improve their lot. My girl has her own job own car own money and tries to pay her way for everything, I dont let her, I tell her to pay her car off sooner, she is a real diamond. Oh these uneducated barwhores from Isaan gamble your hard earned cash away without a thought as to how long it took you to make. Wise up Forrest.

Your girl sounds different.   ????

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2019 at 7:38 PM, Cat ji said:

You forgot the other three factors ...........

1) No Thai lady will sleep with any man for free. 

2) 75% of Thai men are broke.

3) 10% of Thai men want to be Thai women. 

Leaving only 15% of Thai men available to satisfy the remaining 110% of Thai 'women'.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You forgot the other three factors ...........

1) No Thai lady will sleep with any man for free. 

2) 75% of Thai men are broke.

3) 10% of Thai men want to be Thai women. 

Leaving only 15% of Thai men available to satisfy the remaining 110% of Thai 'women'.

1) false

2) no idea

3) i dont think think 10% of men are ladyboys

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:
8 hours ago, atyclb said:

1) false

2) no idea

3) i dont think think 10% of men are ladyboys

So you're claiming to be banging one without buying her a house?

roflmao

yes

Seems like a awful lot of expats in Thailand who couldn't score a female in their home country so they are willing to pay to play in Thailand. Paying your mate a salary is a bit more than embarrassing, especially since she will leave once the money stops. Desperation? Lack of Pride?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Dinosaur perspective:

Shortly after I met my Thai wife-to-be in 1977 up in Loei in the market, I did pay her to do my laundry (not much).  I don't think either one of us ever thought of the relationship as boyfriend/girlfriend.  I did hang out at her house sometimes and we'd sometimes see a movie with an entourage of siblings or her girlfriends in tow.  No good girl would be seen alone with an unrelated male friend back then.  I did kiss her once after we got engaged.  Simpler times.

When it came time for me to leave Thailand, I didn't want to leave her behind.  She really had no interest in coming to the US, but we had grown fond of each other.  In the last 40 or so years, she's worked her ass off, raised our two boys and cared for the house.  Worked part-time for many years as well.  She's always had joint access to our money and is frugal as hell. So there are some sensible ones out there.

However, she is of Vietnamese parentage, so there's perhaps a bit different mindset.  Hard-headed, ambitious, cheap-asses. 

So, guys, go slow, go easy and think with your head, not your pecker.

• Like 1