Paying Thai girlfriend a "salary"

18 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Thai men are free.

Thai women are rarely broke

Thai's call anyone who is gay a ladyboy so 10% is probably accurate.  

1) normal dating does exist and not limited to thai males

2) the ones hunting farangs for financial benefits often have money problems

3) not in my experience

10 hours ago, wisperone said:

Seems like a awful lot of expats in Thailand who couldn't score a female in their home country so they are willing to pay to play in Thailand. Paying your mate a salary is a bit more than embarrassing, especially since she will leave once the money stops. Desperation? Lack of Pride?

get a dog

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 6:29 PM, baansgr said:

Everyone pays their Mrs a salary here, even those that swear blind they dont as they are Bangkok Chinese. Its the way of Thailand, hence why Im single. 50k is way too steep

12- 15 K ,   OK .

Salary is age related , younger lady , want salary more .  555

On 6/4/2019 at 2:27 AM, wisperone said:

Seems like a awful lot of expats in Thailand who couldn't score a female in their home country so they are willing to pay to play in Thailand. Paying your mate a salary is a bit more than embarrassing, especially since she will leave once the money stops. Desperation? Lack of Pride?

More like realists and don't have to try and impress mom anymore.  The major difference is in Thailand one gets some bang for the buck.

22 hours ago, atyclb said:

1) normal dating does exist and not limited to thai males

2) the ones hunting farangs for financial benefits often have money problems

3) not in my experience

1) Normal sin sod exists in Thailand.

2) All women have money problems, it's not country specific.

3. Ask a Thai person.  Often a young male who is obviously gay will be referred to as a ladyboy by the family or friends of the family.  If you don't know any Thai families well you would not know this.  Although government school teachers all know it. 

19 minutes ago, elliss said:

12- 15 K ,   OK .

Salary is age related , younger lady , want salary more .  555

Or age related being the male is older.  My first mistress happened when I was in my 50's.  Never occurred to me to rent anyone an apartment or give them an allowance in Tampa before that.  However after my 50th birthday it did seem normal.  My father did the same thing at about the same age except he had two (dad had a bit of money). 

46 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

1) Normal sin sod exists in Thailand.

2) All women have money problems, it's not country specific.

3. Ask a Thai person.  Often a young male who is obviously gay will be referred to as a ladyboy by the family or friends of the family.  If you don't know any Thai families well you would not know this.  Although government school teachers all know it. 

1 . dating means no sinsot. dating like in the west, japan or hk. 

2 in my experience all women in thailand do not have money problems, some. in the usa i have rarely known any that had money problems.  i cannot speak for your experiences

3 i have had and still have gay thai friends but i havn't heard their families refer to them as ladyboys. maybe some. my friends distinguish between lbgt categories.

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

2 in my experience all women in thailand do not have money problems, some. in the usa i have rarely known any that had money problems.  i cannot speak for your experiences

3 i have had and still have gay thai friends but i havn't heard their families refer to them as ladyboys. maybe some. my friends distinguish between lbgt categories.

1) Most still pay sinsot in Thailand.

2) How many Western wives have you had?  Most realize they have major money problems when the divorce court judge asks them.

3. I don't think you know any Thai families well enough to discuss young children.  Men are different.  Children and young people are referred to as ladyboy if they are gay - some men too.  Ask a teacher.  

I really don't know why we would have such radical differences in experience except that I'm old and have had many relationships in both America and Thailand and you are young and have had few anywhere.  Only thing I come up with. 

22 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:
1 hour ago, atyclb said:

1) Most still pay sinsot in Thailand.

2) How many Western wives have you had?  Most realize they have major money problems when the divorce court judge asks them.

3. I don't think you know any Thai families well enough to discuss young children.  Men are different.  Children and young people are referred to as ladyboy if they are gay - some men too.  Ask a teacher.  

I really don't know why we would have such radical differences in experience except that I'm old and have had many relationships in both America and Thailand and you are young and have had few anywhere.  Only thing I come up with. 

dating, not marriage, where sinsaut is applicable

had one western wife, an attorney.    had prenup with second wife, an it/computer person.

not worth arguing about the third issue.

If you listen to NOTHING ELSE.........listen to this:

Any relationship were you are required to pay a monthly fee.........for whichever of the many reasons she chooses from the list..........IS A DEAD END STREET.........and that street leaves YOU broke and hopefully still alive.

NEVER justify it to yourself or let any bargirl or massage girl justify it for you.

If u fall into that trap.......YOU DESERVE EVERYTHING U WILL GET.

There is at least one poster a week Telling his tale of woe.

DONT BE THE NEXT ONE.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

If you listen to NOTHING ELSE.........listen to this:

Any relationship were you are required to pay a monthly fee.........for whichever of the many reasons she chooses from the list..........IS A DEAD END STREET.........and that street leaves YOU broke and hopefully still alive.

NEVER justify it to yourself or let any bargirl or massage girl justify it for you.

If u fall into that trap.......YOU DESERVE EVERYTHING U WILL GET.

There is at least one poster a week Telling his tale of woe.

DONT BE THE NEXT ONE.

I would disagree, the worst relationship I ever had in my life was with a woman who loved me and married me for 30 years. All the women I paid directly (by the night or by the month) have been totally enjoyable and satisfying.

Tales of woe only ever happen to those whom enable the woman to get control (or entitlement) to their assets.

Control your feelings, control your money.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I would disagree, the worst relationship I ever had in my life was with a woman who loved me and married me for 30 years. All the women I paid directly (by the night or by the month) have been totally enjoyable and satisfying.

Tales of woe only ever happen to those whom enable the woman to get control (or entitlement) to their assets.

Control your feelings, control your money.

Then u were in the .1%.......99.9 End in failure........overwhelming statistics verify it

On 6/3/2019 at 5:27 PM, BritManToo said:

You forgot the other three factors ...........

1) No Thai lady will sleep with any man for free. 

2) 75% of Thai men are broke.

3) 10% of Thai men want to be Thai women. 

Leaving only 15% of Thai men available to satisfy the remaining 110% of Thai 'women'.

*well put........any of these guys saying they never paid are ____________~!!

Fill in the blank.

3 weeks or so of 3 different ladies a day was all that crap I was interested in.......been here 14 yrs.

I am 66 my wife is 60........ had a job in const building materials for 23 yrs when I met her.

Happiest 12 yrs with her and paying a monthly premium was never part of the deal.

If your wife or GF is less than 1/2 your age and u got her at a bar.......you are doomed.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

YMMV. In my personal experience my first Thai gf was essentially a bar girl - the first month sex was nice but it made me feel like a walking ATM. By the second month sex decreased, demands for money didn't, and she started getting crazier and insanely jealous. By the third month she was physically assaulting me when I went out drinking with friends. There was no 4th month.

After I dumped crazy I realized "renting" is better short term, so I'd only see them once, with the hotter ones going a few more times but never more than that. I also had many "free" one night stands for various reasons: some because they liked me, some because they were obsessed with my friends (I guess they thought banging me would make them jealous), some because I simply didn't realize they expected money and they never asked, and some because they were playing the long game which never came. It's worth mentioning that in most "free" cases I did buy drinks or bottles for them and often also their friends - so it wasn't completely free.

Eventually got bored and wanted something more substantial, so went online dating and found a couple of nice girls and went on dates with them. No money involved and there never was an expectation of it from either. I ended up choosing the one I liked more and she became my girlfriend for the next two years. Other than one (overpriced) trip to Phuket, and the occasional dinner - I didn't really spend anything on her beyond 7-11 food. She was a sweetheart for the first year or so, but eventually with the ill advice of her friends she became pushy to move in together, started insisting I call her "miah" (wife), and got increasingly jealous. Eventually I had to let her go when she made a copy of my key without permission and essentially moved herself in. I am now happily single again.

Anyway - bottom line: you're going to have good experiences and bad experiences regardless of whether you're paying or not. The key is to find a woman that fits YOUR demands, and those are different for every guy. But to relate to the OP here - if a woman likes you she'd be willing to compromise on money, she'll be kinder, and easier to live with. Women who demand expensive rent are strictly business and have zero care or respect for you, they'll cheat on you the first opportunity they get (to make extra money), and they'll leave you as soon as the well dries out. I've banged enough girls with "boyfriends" to be very skeptical of any girl, let alone a paid girl.

P.S. Sorry for writing a book 555

• Like 2

1.Incorrect.

2. Plenty of young women sleep with a bloke for free.

3. In fact there are plenty of Thai women who also pay the bloke to sleep with them, either directly or indirectly.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Captain 776 said:

Then u were in the .1%.......99.9 End in failure........overwhelming statistics verify it

Make that 2.  I've never had any problems with relationships with the pay as you go women and only got into trouble with wives telling me all kinds of lies to get married and then took me to the cleaners via divorce court.  Don't make any difference in the long run.  You pay if you are married or renting for the night only renting for the night is far cheaper. 

58 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

1.Incorrect.

3. In fact there are plenty of Thai women who also pay the bloke to sleep with them, either directly or indirectly.

I don't think it is country specific.  I've gotten a lot of free sex and also got crabs, clap, and a few more for free.  No such thing as a free lunch.  It's just nature.  Male birds build a female a nest and humans out of caves do the same thing. 

1 hour ago, Captain 776 said:

Happiest 12 yrs with her and paying a monthly premium was never part of the deal.

If your wife or GF is less than 1/2 your age and u got her at a bar.......you are doomed.

Had a friend in 1968 who met a ladyboy in a bar and took her home to Montana.  They are still happily married.  How can you say anybody is doomed?  God are we?  I've lived happily with hookers in Vietnam, Taiwan, Thailand and Tampa. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

1.Incorrect.

you wont win any popularity contests on tvf saying stuff like that even if it is true lol.

i agree with you

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Or age related being the male is older. 

NO,    Thai lady older than forty , no salary . free. 

Edited by elliss

On 4/4/2019 at 1:49 PM, kenk24 said:

At those price levels, you are not a boyfriend but a customer.... if you want something more real, get out of the areas where the industry flourishes and meet some other types... good luck. 

Though many here will tell you that being a customer is cheaper.

you always pay for sex one way or the other,treat your love life like your mobile phone-----no contract,just pay as you go,after all why have the whole 15 rounds of a relationship,when you can have the edited highlights.

On 4/4/2019 at 7:48 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

You should pay her at least 50k per month and additionally all the daily expenses like food, make-up, new clothes, disco, etc.

If you are not willing to pay the bare minimum then you are obviously not the guy for Thailand.

If I remember, I'll ask my wife if she can recall how much I paid her to do my laundry 42 years ago shortly before we married.  It wasn't much, 555.  Hell, my house rent was 500 Baht a month.  The electric bill was maybe 10 Baht a month for a couple light bulbs, a fan and a cassette player. I would have bought more electricity, but there wasn't much left in the wires. 

8 hours ago, kingdong said:

you always pay for sex one way or the other,treat your love life like your mobile phone-----no contract,just pay as you go,after all why have the whole 15 rounds of a relationship,when you can have the edited highlights.

Because I am not shallow... there is so much way beyond sex in a relationship. There are the pleasures of a warm family and depth of familial relationships that last for decades. 

ps - my marriage has no contract.. It can be whatever you mutually want it to be... and since I have no watch or clock, I sleep with my mobile phone though it has nothing to do with my love life. 

As to paying for sex one way or the other, sure, I understand that pov...  

37 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Because I am not shallow... there is so much way beyond sex in a relationship. There are the pleasures of a warm family and depth of familial relationships that last for decades. 

This is your fantasy life.

Her fantasy life involves a bigger house, new car, more money, less you and far more cats.

Edited by BritManToo

On 5/6/2019 at 3:13 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

??????

Back in the 50s and 60s it was normal for a wife to stay home and not work a paid job.

My Brit wife was a stay at home mom until 2009 when she divorced me.

Strangely enough it coincided with my retirement, no money, no wife.

16 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

far more cats.

my wife prefers dogs... and you missed on some of the details but your general point is correct - - maybe the difference is that I have tried to help my wife live her fantasies as I have lived mine as well... isn't that what a good marriage would be, when people help each other achieve their wants, hopes and dreams? 

• Like 2

You forgot the other three factors ...........

2) 75% of Thai men are broke.

3) 10% of Thai men want to be Thai women. 

Leaving only 15% of Thai men available to satisfy the remaining 110% of Thai 'women'.

I had a Thai girlfriend back home.... meaning not in Thailand. She was on student visa age 26 and I had just split from my long time gf at age 39. She was my girlfriend for over a year and I surely didn't pay for it. Best sex ever....<removed>

Yes, when we both went to Thailand to visit her family to introduce me, her father probably mentioned I wasn't rich, so she dumped me.

It is quite ironic that I was able to find a younger Thai woman back home, but here it is proving to be a challenge. Maybe I am doing it wrong ie. not flashing cash,

• Like 1