Paying Thai girlfriend a "salary"

2 hours ago, Pravda said:

I had a Thai girlfriend back home.... meaning not in Thailand. She was on student visa age 26 and I had just split from my long time gf at age 39. She was my girlfriend for over a year and I surely didn't pay for it. Best sex ever.... she was an epic squirter.

Yes, when we both went to Thailand to visit her family to introduce me, her father probably mentioned I wasn't rich, so she dumped me.

It is quite ironic that I was able to find a younger Thai woman back home, but here it is proving to be a challenge. Maybe I am doing it wrong ie. not flashing cash,

dare you claim non compensated dating-sex even if true as you will be met with scorn and/or disbelief

• Like 1

Funny subject.

I know a few both older Thai and farang guys.

my Aussie friend say 10k per month is the going rate if live with her.

My Brit friend agree, but the 10k, it is the allowance to buy food and keep house for both.

My Thai buddy says he pay his mia noi (20 years younger) 10,000 baht a month and he see her maybe 3 or 4 times a month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Pravda said:

I had a Thai girlfriend back home.... meaning not in Thailand. She was on student visa age 26 and I had just split from my long time gf at age 39. She was my girlfriend for over a year and I surely didn't pay for it. Best sex ever....<removed>

Yes, when we both went to Thailand to visit her family to introduce me, her father probably mentioned I wasn't rich, so she dumped me.

It is quite ironic that I was able to find a younger Thai woman back home, but here it is proving to be a challenge. Maybe I am doing it wrong ie. not flashing cash,

Didn't you post this a couple of months ago?  "So, I have what is considered a good educated wife, with a nice job with a very decent salary from international company.  She owns a house and has significant savings."

Why would you be having problems getting a GF? 

• Like 1

I am new to this site but I notice that somewhere along many of the threads, someone "outs" the OP as a lying troll. Is this site full of fake questions which then get like 20 pages of responses? lol

• Like 1

Many ladies in Thailand want someone to take care of them. They have family to take care of maybe even a baby. If you learn about Thai culture you will start to see the pressure Mom and Dad put on the children to send money home. Many Thai's are dirt poor. The girls go to places like Pattaya to be prostitutes while the family turn a blind eye as long as the daughter sends home money. The thing is, ladies don't want to work for it or they do the easiest thing they can. Lazy, no skills, they think they can make a lot of money and or find a rich foreigner to "Take Care of them." They just want it given to them. There are many many stories of a foreign man falling in love with a Thai lady who gives everything to his new Thai love only for her to disappear and him lose everything. Some times it ends with him taking his own life. My lady has a job but she still needs some help because of a family commitment she made. My advice is don't look for a girlfriend that requires payment. Look for one that has a job that is not in a bar or better yet not even in places like Pattaya and certainly don't pay 50,000 baht a month. That's crazy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, firemans35 said:

My lady has a job but she still needs some help because of a family commitment she made. My advice is don't look for a girlfriend that requires payment.

Don't look for girls like this, but you admit to having one.

How does that double standard work for you?

• Like 1

Would you put a GF on salary back home?

If you put any woman on salary, she is NOT your GF.

If then you are simply paying for sex, why delude yourself into thinking you have a true relationship?

Respect yourself and the woman/women involved.

If you’re OK being a “John,” OK (I guess).  But paid-for sex grows weary for many men after the “kid in a candy shop” phase wanes.

If you want a real GF, approach her as an equal.  Pay for dates, but don’t pay her rent, etc., and see how long she stays around.

Edited by Brightly
  • Like 1

Maybe a good idea to put my wife on a salary ... at present she just has access to our bank account.

When we go out to eat ...she pays

Shopping ...she pays

Cloths ... she pays

Maid ... she pays

Golf ... she pays

I pay for petrol, phones, my beer etc...

I cannot understand how she gets through so much money every month ... 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2019 at 5:30 AM, suz123 said:

I am new to this site but I notice that somewhere along many of the threads, someone "outs" the OP as a lying troll. Is this site full of fake questions which then get like 20 pages of responses? lol

Ah ...there are no flys on you ... the owners love it as looks good to advertisers ...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Maybe a good idea to put my wife on a salary ... at present she just has access to our bank account.

When we go out to eat ...she pays

Shopping ...she pays

Cloths ... she pays

Maid ... she pays

Golf ... she pays

I pay for petrol, phones, my beer etc...

I cannot understand how she gets through so much money every month ... 

But who puts the money in the joint account, end result same so who cares.

On 4/4/2019 at 6:05 PM, FarangOnTour said:

4 customers per week her weekly income is 12000bhat

4 weeks per months, leaves her with a monthly average of 48000bhat

:welcomeani:How about a customer 1 hr 2000 baht 6 times a day leaves her with 336,000 Baht a month, plus at least one BF sending her money every month to stop her working in a bar . I think that would be a better calculation. :coffee1:

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Olmate said:

But who puts the money in the joint account, end result same so who cares.

Actually as she is 64 years old and we have been married 17 years I am quite happy that she doesn't work ...we survive on our pensions ...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Hows the sex?

Cut down a lot in the last few years...I try to limit her to just a couple of times a day now... anyway she gets embarrassed cause the maid knows why we disappear in the afternoon 

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 2:27 AM, wisperone said:

Seems like a awful lot of expats in Thailand who couldn't score a female in their home country so they are willing to pay to play in Thailand. Paying your mate a salary is a bit more than embarrassing, especially since she will leave once the money stops. Desperation? Lack of Pride?

Better yo give them a salary instead of being nickel and dimes everyday, you are more in control, tell them you have money, buy it if you like it

• Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 6:53 AM, Benmart said:

Your question seems to beg, "How can I engage into a business relationship masquarading as love; devoid of the reality that I am but one of thousands who have come, depleated their resources and left as a broken and pathetic shell of a man?".

I've been visiting since 1993 and retired here since 2013. I've seen a fair bit and done many unwise things, all costly and heart breaking. I have learned to enjoy my own company and that of other sober souls. There are opportunities to release physical tension via horizontal entertainment, but caution and moderation are my companions.

Read, research and confer; but not with drunks in barrooms. Their comments may be tainted and distorted by alcohol and mental health issues. Good luck.

Yup......well said.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

And so did I in my early days but 1000-2000 short time is a night and day difference to the required monthly stipend.........no comparison at all actually.

Anyone that falls in the trap of paying XX,000 thousand BHAT a month, every month IS A FOOL~!!

10K/month, bangs me 3x a week (tested disease free) and helps with the 8 year old (she takes him to school, I collect him). Worthwhile, a kid needs a mom and a dad in the house IMHO.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I never faulted or disrespected a Bargirl.

If you asked them and they were honest.......do you enjoy working in the bar?

A very high percentage would be saying NO.

They are just trying to better themselves, nothing at all wrong with that.

They have 3 choices:

1.) Get a very low paying job in factory or elsewhere

2.) Stay at home and work in the rice field for free with Mom n Dad

3. Go to Pattaya and work the Bars and troll for Farangs.

She sees her Sister or Auntie come back to Issarn with money, nice clothes, jewelry, nice shoes, nice purse.........Wow.......how can I do that?

Just come back with me and I will show you.

If you have been here any length of time, by various means you have heard the stories, or it has happened to you, or a friend that 99% of Bar love.....ends in some version of disaster.

I should post this as a Thread:

How many of you fell in love with the first Bargirl u had sex with and thought, this is AMAZING.......and sitting in the Bar thinking......I m coming back here, open a Bar and have all these Girls around me all day n night.......it can’t get no better than this?

I DID~!!

I was a MadMan my first month, most days doing 3  day.

Fortunately for me, by the end of that month, I was pretty well bored with it.

Now been married to the same lady close to my age for 12 yrs and never been in any of the scams or paid a monthly rent.

My best wishes to all of you.

Edited by Captain 776

30 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

10K/month, bangs me 3x a week (tested disease free) and helps with the 8 year old (she takes him to school, I collect him). Worthwhile, a kid needs a mom and a dad in the house IMHO.

Standard and good luck to you.

The only reason I am giving my girlfriend any money is because I told her to quit her job doing mind numbing QA 10hrs/day for 20k/month to pursue something better. Other than that I buy the food and pay for the condo where we live but I never sent her anything like a salary. I am also working on talking her out of the Sin Sod, I don't like the concept of putting a burden on the youngs to please the olds who are already set in life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Road Warrior said:

IF THAI GIRLFRIEND /WIFE WANTS SALARY TELL TO GET A JOB !!!

it IS a job?  they look at it that way?  being with an old farang 20/30 years older rather than that lean, young Thai or do you think they really prefer old farts from another country? I can't see anything wrong with paying them and all my friends do, one way or another.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm shagging an ancient Thai geezers meea noi. (Thats a nice change, eh?)

He pays her 2OK a month.

He also Bought her a 3 bed 3 bath house and car.

I live in, and take care groceries, garden, maid, some benzine, frequent dining out, and a fair bit of booze.

Everybody sabai and kwaam sanuk!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

My friend gives his Thai girlfriend/housekeeper 7000 baht a month as a salary and spending money.  Works for them.  I have been single for a long time because I am not interested in paying out the sums girls ask me for.  If she lives with you and you are picking up all the bills, 10K a month for spending cash should be enough. 

• Like 2