Paying Thai girlfriend a "salary"

3 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

All the 70 year old here with 20 year old gals that swear the gals love them. But why do they all pay them? Oh, true love!

true they all pay unless their name is ron jeremy and they the figurative "carnegie endowment"

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2019 at 10:32 PM, Small Joke said:

I'm shagging an ancient Thai geezers meea noi. (Thats a nice change, eh?)

He pays her 2OK a month.

He also Bought her a 3 bed 3 bath house and car.

I live in, and take care groceries, garden, maid, some benzine, frequent dining out, and a fair bit of booze.

Everybody sabai and kwaam sanuk!

Post pics.  (The mia noi and the maid.)  "Pics or it didn't happen."
Benzine?...for?

You live in the house, so does the ancient Thai guy make an appointment before he comes, or he doesn't come any more, just pays? ????

Edited by Cat ji
punctuation

16 minutes ago, Cat ji said:
On 7/10/2019 at 3:32 AM, Small Joke said:

I'm shagging an ancient Thai geezers meea noi. (Thats a nice change, eh?)

He pays her 2OK a month.

He also Bought her a 3 bed 3 bath house and car.

I live in, and take care groceries, garden, maid, some benzine, frequent dining out, and a fair bit of booze.

Everybody sabai and kwaam sanuk!

Post pics.  (The mia noi and the maid.)  "Pics or it didn't happen."
Benzine?...for?

You live in the house, so does the ancient Thai guy make an appointment before he comes, or he doesn't come any more, just pays? ????

credible story but would be very leary about living with her in the house her owner bought her.  he can easily hire some thugs to re-educate the guy.  though she is a mia noi and the guy has a real wife in his eyes she is his property, period.

don't ask me how i have acquired this insight

a dangerous and risky situation.

• Like 1

if you can speak thai there is a dearth of women that will co habitate with you and generally no stipend needed.  so you get a roomate with benefits and lose your freedom and most of them get boring fast owing to what's not between their ears.

On 4/4/2019 at 7:26 PM, Kenny202 said:

Mate. I assume the girls you are meeting are from bars or maybe internet dating sites. The paying your girl a wage thing is not Thai culture, it is bargirl culture. ...

All of this 100%!

I have been down that road and it is a waste of ****ing time, money, and resources.

Not all girls on dating sites are money grubbers, but most are.

You have to find where you want to live and then find the girl there and you can meet someone with education that's not a bar girl, not a massage girl, not a spa girl that has a good job. They exist.

That being said you have to realize that this is the number one country for trading up.

If you hook up with someone and you are taking care of her she's always going to be looking for someone who's going to take better care of her until you have kids, because then the value of her sin sod is going to drop like a rock through the glass floor.

Do not look to convert a bar girl or a massage girl or a spa girl it's not going to happen.

There are girls on ThaiFriendly who had flat out said if you give me a salary of 50000 per month I'll do whatever you want cook and clean your house take care of you 100%.

It is way too much.

And these girls aren't making 3000 a go ... they're making more like 1500, 2000. In CM.

Nana girls get 1000 because the market is saturated by supply.  Buyer's market, because if you charge more than a thousand, a customer will walk to find a deal.

Realize that the economics that you're plotting out are roughly accurate... isaan farm girls are not making 300 baht a day.  

When you're working out your calculations figure 30 Baht an hour, 10 hour days, 6 days a week.

That's more or less the legal minimum wage Countrywide though I guess people get away with it paying less.

Figure that if she has a tie boyfriend he's going to be making unless he's high so about 9,000 per month and that's what he's going to be handing over to her in exchange for her cooking cleaning the place and living as a couple... in a little small place that's 2500 - 3000 baht per rent month rent.. low end.  It would be a small place outside of town or a tiny fan apartment with no air con, eating Rice Street Food  for 30 per meal, along with a cheap five-year-old motorcycle that breaks down and doesn't have turn signals or brake light working.

now the idea is this is what girls who work at the mall are pulling down is 9000 per month.

It's not the idea that you can just walk up to her and say here is 9,000 baht per month...quit your job and be my girlfriend... she sees $.

The old saw is if you ask an old Thai woman, granny how much money should I ask for from my boyfriend per month? the correct answer is "girl, as much as you can get."

Think about this.

Know an English teacher mid 30s that dates Thai women. Their policy.. "as soon as a girl asks for money, boot her out."

Another guy who is early 30s, has an older woman in her 40s, does not give her anything, just buys her food when they go out. She tells her friends how lucky, how generous he is, which is a lie, but it gives her street cred, to the other gossips on her small soi.

Some guys pay rent, food, give their lady some spending money...

Because if they don't, you are not "cave man providing."

If some other cave man has a bigger cave, more money, more status, speaks Thai, she will ponder and maybe partake the greener grass.

50,000 per month?  You can find stunners happy with less.

A lot of these girls string out 3, 4, 5 guys.

You will not know what is up if you do not speak Thai, and you live overseas.

You have to live with her daily, and know her schedule...

It is a different culture, and the girls on the take are expert players at the long con.

Top of this thread has the best advice... do not get sucked in by looks, promises, etc. Do not show weakness. Have a spine.  Thai guys will not put up with Borderline or Bipolar bullshit or jealous rages.

You can be happy here, but it takes a few years, and sometimes many mistakes to learn the culture, and see the signs.

Best advice that worked for me was find a woman with education, smart, that doesn't drink, smoke or gamble.

Not bar girls. Those sometimes work out... but mostly tragedy for the hapless foreigner that loses time, and piles of money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

if you can speak thai there is a dearth of women that will co habitate with you and generally no stipend needed.  so you get a roomate with benefits and lose your freedom and most of them get boring fast owing to what's not between their ears.

No need to speak Thai. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

I usually set my sights on empty spaces a bit lower than between their ears..

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I usually set my sights on empty spaces a bit lower than between their ears..

Yeah if I want a conversation with a woman Ill talk on WeChat to my Masters Degree soon to be Phd daughter. Then after 5 minutes I give up and go back to Fox news, hockey, football, my photography or weed.

• Like 2

On 6/7/2019 at 10:28 AM, firemans35 said:

Many ladies in Thailand want someone to take care of them. They have family to take care of maybe even a baby. If you learn about Thai culture you will start to see the pressure Mom and Dad put on the children to send money home. Many Thai's are dirt poor. The girls go to places like Pattaya to be prostitutes while the family turn a blind eye as long as the daughter sends home money. The thing is, ladies don't want to work for it or they do the easiest thing they can. Lazy, no skills, they think they can make a lot of money and or find a rich foreigner to "Take Care of them." 

Yep.  I know a lot of westerners in CM. Pretty average to give around 10k Baht per month. Some give zero, but they cycle through a lot of girls, and are just cynical.

The happiest guys I know are here, are: been here for years, speak Thai, tight with money, not lost in drink, and are either

1) married, have kids, run a business with their "puying tii dii."

2) single older guy, bounces around countries, usually a vet, saw combat and anything less is not something to stress over, retirement visas here in Thailand, and in the Phillipines, maybe a regular gik girl or two, but not serious.

• Like 1

Why would anybody with a brain pay a salary to a woman who's already got several "salaries" from people who might believe that this woman loves them?>

Why buying a whole cow if you only want a glass of milk?

50,000 baht a month buys you a lot of love...aeehh sex. Don't fool yourself. 

Money doesn't buy you love, nor friends.

On 4/4/2019 at 9:18 PM, vinniekintana said:

You must be insane to pay a salary at your age 

Plenty of govt employees out there...get one of them

Job security for life and free govt healthcare for you also (if you marry one)

There are certainly a lot of government employees that are equivalent rank of Lieutenant Colonel or Colonel who are near 40, Masters or PhD, (albeit from Thailand, but still), that speak passable English, speak a few other languages, can cook, looking for a decent guy who wants a quiet life.

I am asked at least once a week, via intermediaries, do I know any Farang, jai dii, who will accept an older 30s+ Govt. Officer Thai lady.

After 30, a Thai lady is seen as over the hill in Thai culture, generally.

Edited by DeathShroud
  • Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 12:29 PM, baansgr said:

Everyone pays their Mrs a salary here, even those that swear blind they dont

Can't speak for Mrs but that statement does not apply to all girlfriends.  Having been bitten by both wives and girlfreinds in the past, I made it very clear to my current girlfriend that I was not in the business of paying for a girlfriend. I also made it clear that if the relationship develops, it will be a partnership and as we do in the West, our salaries would have to be combined.

That's worked so far - 8 months down the line and it won't change. I'm not saying that (if the relationship develops), I won't pay more than her % of things, I earn far more than she does, its only fair. I will also expect to pay for the big things, I have more money than she does but as for paying her a salary - not this century. I guess if you marry or date a gold digger/ex bar girl/freelancer etc. - you might find it hard to have that kind of understanding. 

Its not always as you describe you know? - times are changing, at least in some sectors of society.  I have quite a few Thai friends who are in relationships with foreigners, I don't know of any of them where the guy is paying any salary to my friends.  One friend however, is supporting her foreign boyfriend through university in Bangkok.

I guess it depends on the circles you move in.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2019 at 10:50 AM, dotpoom said:

Call it whatever you like (didn't read all the post).

I hooked up with my lady because I liked her. I retired myself when I "discovered" this wonderful country at the age of 51 and wanted to get the most out of my new life of freedom (was one year recovered from alcoholism at the time) so I decided to spend the next few years travelling the width and breath of Thailand. I certainly wasn't going to do this on my "owneo" and leave my new found love at home, working in a job that paid pittance as far as I was concerned. So I simply told her to pack in the job, pack her bags as we were heading off into the wild blue yonder. I also made it clear to her that she would not be losing any money...I will give her the same amount every month (that way she could still fulfill her obligations to her Mother etc.,.

Best decision I ever made. I would never have stayed in Thailand alone. Am still with her. I have been here 19 yrs. now. I have a nice property, 2 cars and two motorbikes. The only reason I mention the "material" things is to point out that they are all due to her (she made it possible for me to stay here).

Had I never met her and returned home after the first 5 years or so through loneliness or whatever....If lucky...I would be existing in a studio flat that cost the whole of my pension in rent alone and if even more lucky....would be sitting in front of a one bar electric fire...just waiting to die.

Poignant, and oh, so true. I was broke in America, with 15$ left at the end of the month, for years. 2br house in a drug infested rustbelt neighborhood, cable, phones, van, my car, her car.  

Here, I got a nice PC, a decent laptop, a deluxe gaming laptop, decent rented 3br home, new 2019 honda... shelves of books, Nanny, laundry service, decent restaurants out, private language lessons sabai simple life, and time...

Zero comparison. Much better life in LOS.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2019 at 9:55 AM, marcusarelus said:

Lucky you.  Mine cost me child support for 3 kids - 18 years and a half a million dollar house. 

I’m pretty sure if you stayed married you still would had to pay for three kids? Maybe it would have cost you more than the neatly packaged child support payments?  They would have needed a house to live in?  So maybe having three kids was the main cost, not the marriage/divorce per se??

1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

Why would anybody with a brain pay a salary to a woman who's already got several "salaries" from people who might believe that this woman loves them?>

If you are paying her, she is not your girlfriend, she's a hooker.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:
5 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

please dont ruin our self deluded fairy tales even if your name is ron jeremy . hehe

ps; ron jeremy doesn't get it for free, he gets paid for doing it

Edited by atyclb

22 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:
On 8/17/2019 at 8:50 PM, Isaanbiker said:

other concept is thai culture. if she lives with you can be considered a wife and arguably justify financial support but in case of wife it is covering household expenses and not really payiing a salary. 

If you are not living in Thailand, she will take whatever pitiful amount you offer her, be silently insulted, and all the while she tells you she loves you, she will be looking for another donor who can offer her much more.

Here is a tip!

Any woman that asks you how much you will pay her is the wrong woman and has no interest in YOU and all the interest in the world in your money. RED FLAG!

It takes some time and experience to realize that if a woman really loves you and wants you, she won't ever ask for anything except you.

There are Thai girls working in the bars (selling themselves every night) and when the bar closes, they will zip off on the back of their Thai boyfriends motorbike; giving him all the money they earned

Got it now?

If it is all about the money and not all about you, you lose and get burned.

Remember that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

If you are not living in Thailand, she will take whatever pitiful amount you offer her, be silently insulted, and all the while she tells you she loves you, she will be looking for another donor who can offer her much more.

Here is a tip!

Any woman that asks you how much you will pay her is the wrong woman and has no interest in YOU and all the interest in the world in your money. RED FLAG!

It takes some time and experience to realize that if a woman really loves you and wants you, she won't ever ask for anything except you.

There are Thai girls working in the bars (selling themselves every night) and when the bar closes, they will zip off on the back of their Thai boyfriends motorbike; giving him all the money they earned

Got it now?

Remember that. 

Blimey that must of been one serious scalding you got to harp on about the same drivel every opportunity. 

Get over it. 

14 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Got it now?

Remember that. 

that's a given, that's the business. just a business, nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 1

I always like to know the price up front.

Much cheaper than your house and pension in the west when they leave.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2019 at 9:36 PM, KhaoYai said:

I also made it clear that if the relationship develops, it will be a partnership and as we do in the West, our salaries would have to be combined.

Your salary 100,000bht, her salary 50bht = 50,025bht each.

Yep, you're onto a good deal there.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I always like to know the price up front.

Much cheaper than your house and pension in the west when they leave.

rationalization

• Sad 1