Brexiteer Lords try to thwart law forcing May to request EU exit delay

webfact

15 hours ago, dunroaming said:

snip...

If a long extension leaves us stuck in the EU we should be as difficult as possible. We could veto any increase in the budget, obstruct the putative EU army and block Mr Macron’s integrationist schemes.

Interesting.
Apparently, the UK has the ability to prevent budget issues, the brainwave of an EU army, and further integration policies through its VETO law.
If I think of the countless Brexiteers postings that have represented the UK as a command recipient of the EU.
And now it turns out that the UK with its VETO power can strongly influence or even block EU decisions.

Ashes now on the propaganda heads.

Edited by tomacht8

10 hours ago, nontabury said:

Unfortunately the Brexiteers were never in a position to take control,thanks to remainer May.

Nonsense, they had many chances to get rid of may.

52 minutes ago, evadgib said:

You were shortlisted for a Image result for thanks emoji until I saw your last line.

Fair enough. Although it is quite clear what his aims are, of course Brexiteers are not intentionally helping Putin. I may have been a bit provocative!

• Like 2

I think the EU offer of a longer flexible delay is wise, and TM's reluctance to accept it could well be based on her concerns about EU elections, and party interests. The EU are saying as soon as we can sort it out the delay period ends. What could be simpler.

I expect that the vast majority of people in the UK, and the EU, and businesses in particular, are totally sick of cliff edge politics. Politicians just please do your damn job, go away and come up with a solution, no more cliff edges, or no deal threats. Many people are simply losing the will to live, and would now accept any sort of reasonable compromise. 

Many Brexiteers have reluctantly accepted that they are not going to get their dream version of Brexit, and Remainers have accepted that in some way or another we are actually likely to leave the EU.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Perhaps a strong BREXIT PARTY[emoji6]

Yes, it is the total inability of the political establishment to find a compromise which shows their incompetence. Having said that, most remainers are willing to compromise. Brexiteers not ..... that is what is pushing us over the cliff. Brexiteers want the stalemate so that we end up with no deal. Perhaps we should hang 5 MP's a day (drawn by lot) until a deal is agreed. I reckon it would only take one or two days [emoji1787].

Whatever happens, the tories are going the same way as Thailand's Democrats, oblivion. We just do not know what will replace them, not a Future Forward unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 3:38 AM, Thingamabob said:

People should understand that there is no escape from the EU. Just ask the Danes, the French and the Irish, to name but a few. 

People should understand that there is no escape from the EU with in us. Just ask the Vikings, the Saxons, the Normans and the Romans, to name but a few. 

Edited by Basil B

3 hours ago, nontabury said:

That has been the problem from word go. She was elected as the P.m. not by the people, but by her fellow remain supporting colleagues. And furthmore she has kept her position by those same Remain supporting colleagues. In total approximately 200 people. There is one certainty,she would never put herself up for endorsement by the thousands of Conservative party members, let alone by the general public.

Excuses from brexiteers. There was no plan and no negotiation position. Hence no brexiteer wanted to step in, because they did have plenty of opportunities.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Any photos yet from the Hard Brexiteer March 29 Leave Party?

IMG_0154.JPG
Sorry, not allowed inside. It got very messy towards the end, but everybody had a jolly good time.
You Remainers wouldn’t have liked it, far too raucous for such delicate souls.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Loiner said:

So you were there? Which side were you negotiating for?

Empty-handed and without a clue, that is how Davis arrived at the first meeting. The EU however had used the nine months after the referendum to prepare for the negotiations.

I'm not going to repost the May Corbyn kissing cartoon,  it is ugly and crude. It goes way beyond a cartoonists legitimate right to be provocative and descends into brainless viciousness. This isn't actually funny, it just leaves a foul taste in your mouth.

I bet you are the life and soul of the party at the convention for Victorian Gentlefolk.
  • Haha 1

Empty-handed and without a clue, that is how Davis arrived at the first meeting. The EU however had used the nine months after the referendum to prepare for the negotiations.

Bloody hell, another one that was there. No wonder TVF is running wick with Remainers - they must all be EU negotiators in their spare time.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/5/2019 at 6:39 AM, SheungWan said:

Hello! Royal Prerogative is back from the Hard Brexiteer Team! We missed you!

and the royal organization isn't elected, don't forget that when you get all precious about lack of democracy in the EU. What is happening in all this chaos is democracy at work, it is chaotic because the majority for brexit was so small.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aright said:

Democracy at work? 

We Remainers thought British interests might be democratically represented in parliament by MP's standing by their endorsement of their Article 50 vote and manifesto pledges. We were wrong to trust them; many turned out to be self serving pro EU MP's.

Did you by any chance mean "We Leavers" not "We Remainers", otherwise your post doesn't really make sense.