Brexit: UK passports issued without 'European Union' label

rooster59

Brexit: UK passports issued without 'European Union' label

D3ZQLO7W4AAfMQ8.jpg

British passports are being issued without the words 'European Union' on the cover, despite the delay to Brexit.

The new burgundy passports were introduced from 30 March, the day after the UK was supposed to leave the EU, but some people may still receive the old version until stocks run out.

One recipient said she was "truly appalled" at the change.

Dark blue passports resembling the pre-EU British design are due to be issued from the end of the year.

Full story: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47833702

BBC: 2019-04-06

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, SweetStickyRice said:

Hopefully other countries follow suit and the EU goes up in flames.

Brexit is your decision (I suppose you are a brexiter ), it doesn't mean that other european want to leave

don't speak for  other people 

I wonder how many people who, like me, have recently renewed their passports, went to check. Yeah, still have European Union on mine. Actually, this is gonna be a serious hassle for younger guys wanting to travel around Europe, no problem for the guy who's never left his village I suppose. I'm an old fogey so don't really care, did the Grand Tour years ago. 

5 hours ago, Mavideol said:

would you follow somebody that jumped from the 10th floor

Hi Mavideol ...don't try to discuss with idiots like Sweetstickyrice who thinks that the EU is something like the former USSR with a Politburo in Brussels while in fact all 27 remaining member states - even the smallest - have full veto right on every decision. 
Kenneth Clarke the dean of the House of Commons wrote in the English version of Der Spiegel last week QUOTE There was always a group of nationalists in the Tory party that didn't come to terms with our changed role in the world. In their eyes we have an imperial destiny UNQUOTE

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, the guest said:

Rather jumping the gun isn't it ?

I wonder what it says in side?

Probably be a collectors item, soon be as rare as Rocking Horse Shit.

But it gives the Brexiteers some cheer, as they haven't had much recently. :clap2:

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

. . . and the fake news of Project Fear.

Speaking of JRM...

Saying "if we hold European Elections, Tommy B*ll*cks will be elected on a UKIP ticket".

Surely he knows election law better than we do, Tommy's criminal convictions will prevent his nominations from being accepted.

Edited by Basil B