BREAKING: Rumors abound! Has Big Joke been transferred to RTP headquarters?

rooster59

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

because he was effective? 

There is a saying in the NFL, "the thing they hire you for is the thing they fire you for" (Coach Cowher) 

Yes effective as tourist police captain and therefore should have stayed as tourist police captain or move up a rank in tourist police division . Not skip few ranks and be made chief of a totally different division ????

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Letseng said:

In my native language we have a saying which means : the successor is rarely an improvement.

I'll keep fingers crossed for you.

We have a saying;

'The farther a monkey climbs up a tree, the more it exposes it's arse!

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

I always thought of him as more like Mark Anthony;  the doer, but no politician, inevitably brought down by his own naivety.  Would make a great play, or a movie.  Bradly Cooper could play Big Joke and Merrill Streap could play the PM.  

As an Aussie, Roger Rogerson came to mind. The outward behaviour being just a show.

53 minutes ago, ukrules said:

He has been causing problems for immigration offices all over the country

And that's a good thing - he worked against their corruption, of cause problem for the corrupt

- but I don't think this has to do with his downfall 

3 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Was bound to happen as he was trying to do a good job. In the process he has upset the easy lives of countless Immigration 'Officials' who have had been made to 'work' with their perks cut off or cut down, slices of which are no longer going up the line to the top.

Are you sure? The Agents seemed to be doing business as usual.

8 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

We have a saying;

'The farther a monkey climbs up a tree, the more it exposes it's arse!

and don't forget the Peter Principle "where a bureaucrat rises to the height of their incompetence""

5 minutes ago, patsfangr said:

Hopefully a new thread will be started which will require that only facts be posted. This one has suffered the usual TV deterioration into speculation, "witty" quips, useless tangents. 

You do realize that this is Thailand, and the discussion of rumors is a national pastime? 

34 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Take each retiree and multiply by 16 hours of paperwork and figure the cost of the added labor.  Each department I assume has a budget if it like any other bureaucracy that I know of and those budgets did not take into consideration the added burden of checking each foreigner and tucking him at night and getting him up in the morning and making a report of the action.  

"the added burden of checking each foreigner and tucking him at night and getting him up in the morning and making a report of the action."

And precisely whose fault is that? Have you heard the expression "making a rod for your own back"?

In an earlier post, I pointed out all the unnecessary and useless information that has to be supplied to Immigration in order to apply for an extension to a visa, so don't blame me for the fact that it takes them 16 hours to check it!

4 hours ago, Moonlover said:

And mine took about 5 mins at Sakon Nakhon just a few days ago. But I had to make a 50kls round trip to make the report because the online system is a useless joke.

Plus it is a totally unnecessary imposition.

My recent 90 day report took more than an hour in Samut Prakan, with 60 people in the queue before me.

24 minutes ago, patsfangr said:

Hopefully a new thread will be started which will require that only facts be posted. This one has suffered the usual TV deterioration into speculation, "witty" quips, useless tangents. 

Fun at parties?

90 day reporting in Phuket takes less than three minutes, it is a drive though service like McDonalds.

Drive up to the window, hand in your passport, zap, comes back out with a cherry kob khun ka and new slip of paper in your passport and new reporting date.

Easy peezy.

3 minutes ago, high plane drifter said:

word of advice,,,never trust a Thai police, it does not matter how good and honest they look

& never take advice from a stranger :wink:      :whistling:

1 hour ago, Hayduke said:

The big BJ has just been too relaxed, good-natured and easy going. The Junta wants someone who will whip the Immigration Gestapo into a lean, mean repression machine. The security of the nation is at stake...and there needs to be a ruthless crack down on the subversive and dangerous foreigners.

But why, when he cleared out all the illegals in such a short time.    Or so he said.

5 hours ago, tlandtday said:

maybe the usa had put down the hammer? 

I would rather not joke about that. 

The U.S. gets blamed enough for all the negative issues around the globe, 

while other nation cry foul for the U.S. not intervene. 

For now and in this region, it's best to look to the Chinese, 

they have all the clout here. 

The Chinese know it, so we might as well just admit it, 

and move on...save us all alot of time, 

and avoid any issues with denial.

28 minutes ago, somnumna said:

Every-time my wife buys flowers and puts fruit up on the shelf and prays silently to her statue.............. I have been secretly adding my own prayers to the mix.... Today they got answered.

It works guys... and Gals.... ????????  ................... Somnumna...  https://youtu.be/q968xSxYN38

Be careful what you wish / pray for... 

4 hours ago, Pib said:

I nominate ubonjoe to replace Big Joke as the immigration commander.  Do I hear a second?

Second that!  I told you Big Joke sooner or later you going to step on someone toes and it better not be the Chinese Triads who pretty much have taken over.

He stepped on too many toes, simple as that.  

Now everyone can relax, even the criminals , they will all be back and steal, scam and fake visas. 

And we can continue to visit our nearest agent and get a 1 year visa for 15k. "800k ? No ploblem." 

24 minutes ago, balo said:

He stepped on too many toes, simple as that.  

Now everyone can relax, even the criminals , they will all be back and steal, scam and fake visas. 

And we can continue to visit our nearest agent and get a 1 year visa for 15k. "800k ? No ploblem." 

Desk 8 K. Tic Jomtien immigration.

Business as usual. 

Archived