BREAKING: Rumors abound! Has Big Joke been transferred to RTP headquarters?

rooster59

59 minutes ago, scorecard said:

What's your source for ... he was arrested at the Pullman hotel ...accused of a crime used by a certain somebody ... computers seized...  ?

The source is blocked by the Thai authorities, because the Thai government doesn't want you to know all the true facts. The source is very reliable, I can attest this. The source knows everything what is going on here. I cannot say more.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ukrules said:

Khaosod English also have an article on this, no reasons given for the transfer.

He has been causing problems for immigration offices all over the country and the shit is only just starting to hit the fan.

I have no knowledge of how Immigration works or the politics within the agency. But I have worked at another Thai institution. And this I do know of that institution: if you change things too much, make waves, make life harder for the staff or the underlings, then they will all work quietly but unrelentingly to see you are got rid of.

5 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Well that link to the Bangkok Post won't be up for long. But thanks anyway.

Nothing in the current BKK Post report that hasn't already been said and reported elsewhere.

And absolutely nothing about any potential machinations or hotel meetings....

2 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

could be, or he could be make a new department to track down all the farangs online..

who are repeating defaming rubbish they cant prove and really know nothing about.

Possibly ,  he is opening a new Thai dating site.  

No Lies/ Thais Allowed. com.

4 minutes ago, Dario said:

The source is blocked by the Thai authorities, because the Thai government doesn't want you to know all the true facts. The source is very reliable, I can attest this. The source knows everything what is going on here. I cannot say more.

"The source knows everything"... You mean the source is Google? :whistling: :wink:

Seriously, why not give a link if this source is so good ? :ermm:

No website is blocked for who want see it.

Just now, Pattaya46 said:

"The source knows everything"... You mean the source is Google? :whistling: :wink:

Because the source is persona non grata in Thailand because of his publications. PM for details.

3 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Was bound to happen as he was trying to do a good job. In the process he has upset the easy lives of countless Immigration 'Officials' who have had been made to 'work' with their perks cut off or cut down, slices of which are no longer going up the line to the top.

100 % correct 

4 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

The source is not Google. Someone else has already mentioned the source. I don't want to do it. I would have to fear for my safety and I would be a fool to do this. Just trust me. 

Perhaps he did having too much attention

on 'own people' cases?

Having them scunder in fear and after some

lobbying behind his and his posters

He went suddenly to an post where moving

space was more limited and now taking orders

instead of giving

Seems like the good old immigration bureau ganged up on him about the lack of brown paper bags on there desks? 

Makes sense  how are the immigration officers  going to pay for the Baan the 2 Mercedes  in their driveway  the kids to go to uni and become another engineer or Bussiness management degree  and the overseas holiday to Japan to go skiing with the beloved family. 

I believe he is on the way  up to stand next to the Rooster to be his personal lackey and protector. 

1 hour ago, jlwilliamsjr18 said:

GOOD! Now can we roll back to more reasonable, reliable and friendlier retirement visa requirements.  Best news would be going back to allow embassies to issue affidavit letters.  Logic would dictate, the more money a retiree has access to, the better for the country.  

I hope that you are right, but I heard (from an ex British Embassy employee) that they weren't keen on doing the letters anyway, due to staffing problems, and the fact that they are moving to smaller premises would imply that the problem would only be exacerbated.

Also, a bit of "face" and "spitting out the dummy" is involved, so re the letters, I wouldn't hold your breath.

However, the acceptance of Bank Statements from one's home country would be a good thing, as a previous statement from Immigration implied that a Tax statement would be acceptable, so it shows that they can  read English when they need to!

11 minutes ago, shadowofacloud said:

Oh, Bangkok Post also on the black list? Wasn't aware.

We do nto have permission from BP to post links to their stories. Their decision, not ours.

Post with link removed.

1 hour ago, sfokevin said:

Under the present rules these average retirees do not meet the 65K cashcow rule and should be deported... :coffee1:

Depends if they're married to a Thai national or not! If they are, then 40,000 baht a month is the requirement, but don't ask me why a farang married to a Thai would seem to need less money than a single one!

Hmmmm ? Just a tool of others, ... did his job, and now the old status qoe can just flop back in ? ....

These corrupt call centers, and the Criminals that run, and staff them are cheating people all over the world !!! ... Particularly OLD people !!! .... I like him. ... Thanks. Big Jok ... Good luck with Retirement. .... A Pity that you could not get a few more of those Corrupt, and Criminal bastards out of Thailand.

Still, Like Deng Jo Ping, in Main Land China, ...  he might come back ? I superpose ? ... Like Deng came back quite seriously 3 times, I think, over his life span I think ? .... And ended up Leader of the Whole of Mainland China once ? ... But I am not to sure how Thais would go in this sort of line ??? ... Like I have heard it said, ... that "All Good Thai's, re Politicians ? ... Die out side the country" ! ? ... ??? ... Right ? 

54 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I say again, they don't care that much, if at all. Yes, its all very irritating, and it winds me up as well, but it is what is is. Jai Yen Yen as Mrs P keeps saying to me when I get enraged at one more idiocy.  

I think that they do care! In that they have found another way to make it more difficult for the farang - it seems to be a game with some of them! 

3 hours ago, david555 said:

O.K. can we have now  a review of his list of measures …. specially the 3 month' full seasoning AFTER stamp+ the 50% seasoning  until new ret.ext application by the new boss...:thumbsup:

In my native language we have a saying which means : the successor is rarely an improvement.

I'll keep fingers crossed for you.

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

Do you really think there was any turmoil likely to effect the overall running of the country by a change of the rules regarding foreigners and money. 

Far too many TVF members think their presence in Thailand is important, well guess what, it's not. If all expats left tomorrow, the effect would be equivalent to you not peeing into the ocean. 

Bit of an exaggeration on your part, as well as TVF members overestimating their importance!

But to put it in a nutshell, take the numbers of TVF members (mostly retirees I presume), add them to the non TVF members who are retired here, add in the numbers of other Western nationalities retirees, and then multiply that by an AVERAGE of 500,000 baht a year that under the new rules are to be deposited in a THAI bank, and I would suggest that it's not like "peeing in the ocean"!

Perhaps the accounting and personnel departments just put a pencil to the cost of implimentation of his new rules.  It's not cost effective to do all that checking every 90 days.  It was a big mistake = cost in the millions.  You have one politician touting marriage to a Farang as the way out of poverty and another cop kicking them out of the country.  Something has to give.  

2 minutes ago, Letseng said:

In my native language we have a saying which means : the successor is rarely an improvement.

I'll keep fingers crossed for you.

We also say "new brooms clean good /better " ...

27 minutes ago, maddox41 said:

Seems like the good old immigration bureau ganged up on him about the lack of brown paper bags on there desks? 

Makes sense  how are the immigration officers  going to pay for the Baan the 2 Mercedes  in their driveway  the kids to go to uni and become another engineer or Bussiness management degree  and the overseas holiday to Japan to go skiing with the beloved family. 

I believe he is on the way  up to stand next to the Rooster to be his personal lackey and protector. 

Believe you forgot of your list the propensity of Mia Nois to support for the morally deficient RTP.

Just now, sambum said:

Bit of an exaggeration on your part, as well as TVF members overestimating their importance!

But to put it in a nutshell, take the numbers of TVF members (mostly retirees I presume), add them to the non TVF members who are retired here, add in the numbers of other Western nationalities retirees, and then multiply that by an AVERAGE of 500,000 baht a year that under the new rules are to be deposited in a THAI bank, and I would suggest that it's not like "pissing in the ocean"!

Take each retiree and multiply by 16 hours of paperwork and figure the cost of the added labor.  Each department I assume has a budget if it like any other bureaucracy that I know of and those budgets did not take into consideration the added burden of checking each foreigner and tucking him at night and getting him up in the morning and making a report of the action.  

Archived