BREAKING: Rumors abound! Has Big Joke been transferred to RTP headquarters?

rooster59

6 hours ago, Hayduke said:

The big BJ has just been too relaxed, good-natured and easy going. The Junta wants someone who will whip the Immigration Gestapo into a lean, mean repression machine. The security of the nation is at stake...and there needs to be a ruthless crack down on the subversive and dangerous foreigners.

Be careful what you wish for!

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Go to sukhumvit soi 11 as an indian and try to get in a club, they kick ur ass on the street...

That was last year. Nowadays Levels is full of Indians. Used to be a great club, now some nights look like we're in Mumbai...

39 minutes ago, balo said:

He stepped on too many toes, simple as that.  

Now everyone can relax, even the criminals , they will all be back and steal, scam and fake visas. 

And we can continue to visit our nearest agent and get a 1 year visa for 15k. "800k ? No ploblem." 

Dude, don't be so sure. It is unlikely that a regulation--even an insane regulation--once implemented will ever be rolled back.  It may be ignored, but not rescinded.  That would involve publicly admitting an error, and that's a loss of face, and we certainly couldn't have that!

11 minutes ago, rexall said:

It may be ignored, but not rescinded.  That would involve publicly admitting an error, and that's a loss of face, and we certainly couldn't have that!

True, but if it's ignored it will still be business as usual. 

I think he was thought useful to the powers that be in the run up to the election.  But even they started to lose faith when Thais started to be targeted.

The bottom line is he's been scaring away westerners, who are thin on the ground anyway due to the west's ongoing financial woes.  Thailand sorely misses the Brits and Yanks of yesteryear- these cohorts being by far the most popular.

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

Be careful what you wish / pray for... 

Surely it cant get anyworse..  A more flexible immigration system will stop the 5% slide in values of property. Build all you like but if you cant get the bods to fill them then a rethink is necessary. I remember the good old days.. 

30 minutes ago, rexall said:

Dude, don't be so sure. It is unlikely that a regulation--even an insane regulation--once implemented will ever be rolled back.  It may be ignored, but not rescinded.  That would involve publicly admitting an error, and that's a loss of face, and we certainly couldn't have that!

Do you remember the close at 1am rules etc........  what time do clubs close now? when the sun rises.. 

3 minutes ago, somnumna said:

Surely it cant get anyworse..  A more flexible immigration system will stop the 5% slide in values of property. Build all you like but if you cant get the bods to fill them then a rethink is necessary. I remember the good old days.. 

I think the condo market has been deader than dead for a while now....No westerner with half a brain will be buying with the visa rules in constant flux......Westerners are just not buying period..Thats untold millions and billions down the drain....Big Joke is lucky to have only been fired....

12 minutes ago, somnumna said:

Surely it cant get anyworse..  A more flexible immigration system will stop the 5% slide in values of property. 

I doubt that people who cannot show 800k in their account or 65k monthly income will buy condos

2 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

They treat indians and chinese like shit, worse than us man... Those aren't stupid either, they know exactly they aren't liked here. Go to sukhumvit soi 11 as an indian and try to get in a club, they kick ur ass on the street...

Japanese and Westerners are a huge percentage of spending power here,  enough to cause a recession when kicked out.

Saves a lot of washing up though, five Indians and only one glass to clean.

2 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

They treat indians and chinese like shit, worse than us man... Those aren't stupid either, they know exactly they aren't liked here. Go to sukhumvit soi 11 as an indian and try to get in a club, they kick ur ass on the street...

Japanese and Westerners are a huge percentage of spending power here,  enough to cause a recession when kicked out.

That's soi 11.

Many other places welcome these high spending individuals.  Not just farang hangouts.

Thailand world on weight of numbers. 1,000 Indians or  Chinese equals 100 farang 

So they welcome the numbers.. . . . You can't fix stupid.

24 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

I doubt that people who cannot show 800k in their account or 65k monthly income will buy condos

Whats your reasoning behind the property slump then.. I think there is alotta people who would disagree with your reasoning so far.  Lets be totally honest here. Falang feel not wanted. The Visa regs has been the catalyst behind that. With BJ out if they relax the rules people will come back (over time) and they wont mind spending again. Cause and effect mate.. Your doubts etc are not really constructive to the statement i made.. 

29 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

I think the condo market has been deader than dead for a while now....No westerner with half a brain will be buying with the visa rules in constant flux......Westerners are just not buying period..Thats untold millions and billions down the drain....Big Joke is lucky to have only been fired....

Agreed.. I hope and pray for some common sense to rule. Wont hold my breath though..

48 minutes ago, somnumna said:

What 5% property slide?  In your mind or do you have some link?

3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

What 5% property slide?  In your mind or do you have some link?

Sure scroll to the bottom.... 4.7%......... Slide i rounded it a bit ????  https://www.thailand-property.com/properties-for-rent/unixx-south-pattaya_p2716/2-bedrooms?min_sqm=40&sort=min_price

• ฿ 3,473,225
  • Median price/sqm.
    ฿ 66,214
  • Annual growth
    -4.7%
  • Median rent price
    ฿ 20,188
  • Rental yield
    7.0%
The median list price for condos in Pattaya is ฿ 3,473,225. The median list price has gone down by 4.7% over the last year. The median list price per square meter for condos in Pattaya is ฿ 66,214 per sqm. 

The median rent price for condos in Pattaya is ฿ 20,188.

The gross rental yield on condos in Pattaya is 7.0%.

2 hours ago, balo said:

He stepped on too many toes, simple as that.  

Now everyone can relax, even the criminals , they will all be back and steal, scam and fake visas. 

And we can continue to visit our nearest agent and get a 1 year visa for 15k. "800k ? No ploblem." 

limit your exposure. smart

14 minutes ago, somnumna said:

Whats your reasoning behind the property slump then.. I think there is alotta people who would disagree with your reasoning so far.  Lets be totally honest here. Falang feel not wanted. The Visa regs has been the catalyst behind that. With BJ out if they relax the rules people will come back (over time) and they wont mind spending again. Cause and effect mate.. Your doubts etc are not really constructive to the statement i made.. 

It might be the gold digger mentality of the developers. There was built far above the demand. The condo market is only partly dead. Quality places are still sought-after with rising prices.

I don't think the visa regs have anything to do with the gerneral decline. Well-off foreigners who can afford to buy condos don't have problems with visas or extensions.

Another reason might be the decline of the major western currencies. With the same price in THB my condo would be 45 percent more expensive than 10 years ago, when i bought it.

5 hours ago, Dario said:

The source is not Google. Someone else has already mentioned the source. I don't want to do it. I would have to fear for my safety and I would be a fool to do this. Just trust me. 

You can follow AMM quite easily on facebook its no real secret

7 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

It might be the gold digger mentality of the developers. There was built far above the demand. The condo market is only partly dead. Quality places are still sought-after with rising prices.

I don't think the visa regs have anything to do with the gerneral decline. Well-off foreigners who can afford to buy condos don't have problems with visas or extensions.

Another reason might be the decline of the major western currencies. With the same price in THB my condo would be 45 percent more expensive than 10 years ago, when i bought it.

Well it made me change mind ….. all the sudden changes , controlling your money as you are a minor ….. would not buy a condo anymore as long they keep doing this .

The good part in it is that now I don't transfer no more my currency in to Th., so eating now  the strong baht that was waiting on bank for  when a condo of choice would appear ,and keeping my week €  in home country … as a GBP stays a pound and a Euro a euro in home country ….not buying anymore until relaxing rules again in Thailand

5 hours ago, sambum said:

Depends if they're married to a Thai national or not! If they are, then 40,000 baht a month is the requirement, but don't ask me why a farang married to a Thai would seem to need less money than a single one!

Because he not have to pay bar fine anymore. instead he buy wife house. 

Makes you think how insecure our position is here. We live in a country where the Chief of Immigration can be tossed out without warning. Then what chance for those of us who depend on the same Immigration's favour for our visas? Without which we are all persona non grata.

Archived