New Pattaya police chief praises the "fast response" of his "hero" officers

webfact

New Pattaya police chief praises the "fast response" of his "hero" officers

8pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

The new Pattaya police chief Pol Col Prawit Chorseng praised officers under his command after a Thai man was revived in a gas station toilets. 

He hailed their fast response and resourcefulness. 

Two police sergeants are set to be honored after saving the life of a 35-40 year old man. Two members of the public also helped restore the man's pulse after he fell unconscious in the toilets of the Bang Jak station at the central Pattaya intersection. 

The man is out of danger and recovering in hospital, relatives told Sanook. 

The police heroes - as Sanook called them - were Senior Sgt Majors Srisawat Thiwongsa, a traffic cop, and investigator Jaturong Kreethawet who were quickly on the scene.

1732929.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Pol Col Prawit - who took over from Pol Col Apichai Krobpetch recently - said that these were fine examples to other men on the force and they would be honored for their actions. 

He said that since he came to head up the Pattaya force he had instilled in his men an ethic of fast response, resourcefulness, awareness and problem solving.

He was determined that his men would help and assist foreign and Thai tourists in particular.

The members of the public who helped in the CPR were not named. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-09

12 minutes ago, webfact said:

Two members of the public also helped restore the man's pulse after he fell unconscious in the toilets of the Bang Jak station at the central Pattaya intersection. 

Perhaps something to do with a foul odour in the toilets, hampered by lack of ventilation.

4 minutes ago, champers said:

Medals for tbe 2 BIB and well done them  .......  and the 2 foreigners don't even get a mention. They must have been in the way.

They'll probably be charged with causing the odour, making the guy fall unconscious.

Glad the man was revived and hopefully fully recovered. I look forward to any improvement in police services, particulary traffic enforcement, bus chaos, taxis that don't use meters, songtaews that operate as taxis and are not licensed as such, scooter rentals that have commandered public roads and on and on. This new Chief has many opportunities, and not just the usual photo ops.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

who can be proud to wear their uniforms.

You may have gone a little to far in with your exuberance with the above statement, I know its hard to find "positives" at times but no need to go overboard ???? 

1 hour ago, CGW said:

You may have gone a little to far in with your exuberance with the above statement, I know its hard to find "positives" at times but no need to go overboard ???? 

overboard you say ? .. so what's wrong ? you don't know how to swim in a stormy mind maybe ? ????

p.s. welcome to my ignore list as this is your second troll response in less then 1 hour today ????

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, champers said:

Medals for tbe 2 BIB and well done them  .......  and the 2 foreigners don't even get a mention. They must have been in the way.

What two foreigners are you talking about? I must have missed something because I read "two members of the public", and considering the VAST majority of people walking around in Thailand are Thai, I wouldn't assume they were foreigners -- unless there's something i'm missing. I didn't see a link offering a full(er) story. 

The only mention of foreigners that I saw was the police chief's thought that "He was determined that his men would help and assist foreign and Thai tourists in particular."  But I thought that was a weird thing to say. Why wouldn't they be obliged to help anyone who is in distress equally, rather than tourists in particular? Are they going to assess a situation with someone's life in danger and decide to ignore it or give it a lower priority because they determine the person isn't a tourist?  

Edited by Inn Between

A few years ago we were knocking the lack of first aid knowledge of Thai's, very few Thai's knew about CPR.

What difference a few years makes, now let's roll out a programme of AED's placement in the communities.

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

As the new chief at Pattaya Police Station, Colonel Chorseng is more politician than cop, so he would be a skilled public relations spin doctor. A single good news article like this may be seen to balance out the endless accounts of incompetence, bribery, protection rackets etc etc by the local BIB.

Maybe the new boss has arrived with honorable intentions to clean up the station's issues of endemic corruption.

Nice story though.

Edited by Rimmer
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, CGW said:

O dear ???? reminded me of my ex wife, spent a lot of time on her ignore list.

OK, I agree to go on your "ignore" list, but remember you can remove me any-time if you want to indulge in some light-hearted banter and consider somebody elses POV, apart from your own. ????

Welcome to Observer90201's "Ignore List". I have been a proud member of the club now for some time. Anyone else wishing to join should find it easy as he appears to take things very personally and doesn't seem to enjoy friendly repartee with fellow members.

20 hours ago, Kim J said:

Well that is a refreshing change. When you see Pattaya Police and ''fast response'' mentioned together, one could be excused of automatically thinking someone was racing to be the first to find that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Fast is a relative term. In the life of a Dragon Fly that survives 24 hours then fast would be less than 1 minute. However for a shark, around 200 million years fast could be a century.

30 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

However for a shark, around 200 million years fast could be a century.

So you read somewhere that sharks have been around for 200 million years and you believe them to be the same ones?

Edited by jacko45k