Visa agent recommendation

Hello:

I've been working in Bkk for a few years now planning to retire soon. Want to transition to a retirement visa/extension within the next few months. Yes, I have learned lurking here that DIY is possible and obviously cheap. But I would prefer to have the help of an agent at first.

My case should be fairly straightforward. I have no problems with any of the financial requirements so no dodgy maneuvers - just an agent to handle the paper/leg work.

I am looking for reliable person or small visa business with reasonable fees, not an entity like Sunbelt or Siam Legal, to shepherd me through. Thank you for recommendations in the Bkk area.

Agents were charging 17K ,   however when  BJ.  enhanced the thai economy ,   hiked  to 20K .

However that said , you do not have the black mail burden of 800k .

Agents , are  more cost effective,  Good luck .

Edited by elliss

copy-paste from inbox, post about 4 years ago.  Forum thread was about getting suitable bank account/s set up but I chatted to the guy who posted it and got the contact number for the lawyer.

I always get a lawyer. Have found new one in recent years. We've cultivate good communications. They are not high priced. When his name is mentioned here, I am flagged. The upside, he knows us. What we want to achieve. Knows the path of least resistance. No gimmics, results. He has his feet on the ground and is good man. Whatever papers I receive, I understand, I'm guest of the Thai people. No complaints, life is good. Let the good times roll. Possession of lawyer is 9/10ths of law.

Edited by Cat ji
  • Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 12:42 AM, Cat ji said:

copy-paste from inbox, post about 4 years ago.  Forum thread was about getting suitable bank account/s set up but I chatted to the guy who posted it and got the contact number for the lawyer.

Thank you, Cat ji.

Just to clarify, is the number <contact by personal message> from your image in the earlier mail that of the recommended visa agent?

Edited by ubonjoe
removed phone number (forum rule)

Yes, a post by him in a facebook group.  Can't say whether scumbag or not, don't know. ???? 

The recommended lawyer, I'll PM you the phone number. I must search gmail now, I think he did contact me by email.  The forum member who posted that was last active December 31, 2015.

• Like 1

Googling "visa agent Bangkok" kicks up a big list. I'll put down a few here in case a TV member sees one and reacts, yep good or nope stay away.

Bangkok Buddy (been around a long time? remember from Stickman?)

Thai Visa Expert

Speedy Visa (advertises no funds required, how does that work?)

Key Visa

Thai Visa Express

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Chicksaw said:

David Lam at TSL Associates across street from US embassy in big bldg. I paid 15k for extension, They took me to CW and it was quick, no hassles. Only had to go in to take pic. Used 800k method with my money. I don't know anything about the illegal dealings that everyone talks about on forum.

Edited by BertM
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BertM said:

David Lam at TSL Associates across street from US embassy in big bldg. I paid 15k for extension, They took me to CW and it was quick, no hassles. Only had to go in to take pic. Used 800k method with my money. I don't know anything about the illegal dealings that everyone talks about on forum.

You had Non-Immigrant O-A visa?
Did they tell you anything about how to manage the 90-day reports?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cat ji said:

You had Non-Immigrant O-A visa?
Did they tell you anything about how to manage the 90-day reports?

I had a non O visa. He takes care of 90 day reports.

Edited by BertM
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Chicksaw said:

Thanks, I did think of that but home is the US which I left more than 30 years ago. Pretty much no place to stay nor friends/relatives. Which is why I want to change my status here if possible.

I am in a similar situation with places to stay in US. But I would seriously consider spending money on a Vegas holiday to qualify  for my visa over paying an agent for ? ? ?

10 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Ask

CaptainJack

He's out of Thailand and afraid to come back because an agent messed up his Visa application.

If you know enough to check if the agent is doing the right thing you know enough to do it yourself. 

If I remember correctly he started a thread about retirees worried about medical insurance here in Thailand (said his reason to leave was because he couldn't afford a safe level of insurance) and exploring options in Central America.

In any case, to my mind the chance of a reliable agent (which is why I am looking for references) who does visas for a living screwing up is much less than that of a noob expat. I include myself in this category though know many of you aren't and can easily DIY (hats off to experts like Ubonjoe).

My mentality, think of it what you will, is that if 10k b or so a year buys me complete peace of mind and I can forget about how to stay here and focus on things to do instead, then that's money well spent.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Peasandmash said:

I am in a similar situation with places to stay in US. But I would seriously consider spending money on a Vegas holiday to qualify  for my visa over paying an agent for ? ? ?

Not having a residential address in the US might make it tough to fill out a visa app there. I am not sure a hotel will do.

But if you win big enough at Vegas you might get the Elite. Good for 20 years plus you get to sail past grubby people like me standing in line at Immigration with your nose in the air.????