Foreigner quota exceeded at The Base

PascalB

On 4/12/2019 at 9:26 AM, Father Fintan Stack said:

This ridiculous law is another reason not to buy a condo (like you needed one, I know).

Now if you are a foreign Base condo owner you can only sell to a Thai...

Good luck with that. 

Love this very effective clarification...

11 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

I’ve never worked here so never had a free place to live. My investment in condos have all been for personal use.

so we’re both lucky in different ways. I still maintain it’s possible to buy well and sell at a profit.

And sure beats working for low wages in the Thailand heat and traffic and buying houses for an ex.

If signing a sales contract ALWAYS insist to put  a clause in it, that if registration don't/can not ,  register in foreign name  the sale becomes  void at no costs , and because this....never ever give a deposit , (as agents know the costs to go court to get your deposit back, would be lengthy and costs higher than deposit worth, and so a nice side earner for forgetting some specialty's concerning condo , but give seller enough assurance insight you have the money , or put it on frozen account and use the bank as escrow to check all , worth the fee :thumbsup:

If agent refuse ….walk ….something could be  fishy 

31 minutes ago, david555 said:

If signing a sales contract ALWAYS insist to put  a clause in it, that if registration don't/can not ,  register in foreign name  the sale becomes  void at no costs , and because this....never ever give a deposit , (as agents know the costs to go court to get your deposit back, would be lengthy and costs higher than deposit worth, and so a nice side earner for forgetting some specialty's concerning condo , but give seller enough assurance insight you have the money , or put it on frozen account and use the bank as escrow to check all , worth the fee :thumbsup:

If agent refuse ….walk ….something could be  fishy 

You still have to take them to court regardless if they refuse to pay you back so just never pay a deposit.

8 minutes ago, tabarin said:

You still have to take them to court regardless if they refuse to pay you back so just never pay a deposit.

That was my point I wrote down not to give deposit  , I see no reason an agent or seller would refuse if they see you have the money if at good trust ... , especially in this low real estate climate now …, and more … there was a period years ago they relaxed the 49% quota up to 52% I believe (not sure about the %..) , but now back in the 48% those foreign owners can keep them , but not selling in foreign name anymore …, so there are still some on the market as those

14 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

In what world does any agent/developer sell you a condo without a deposit??

In a buyers world …. are you in the agents business as I expected some replying ?…:biggrin:, they can refuse of course , throwing away a concluded sale ...:tongue:

BTW.  I would stay away far from any developer in Pattaya , I would only have interest on resales from owners not in company's 

O.K. you go refuse a sale for the price you like , can see money on bank .Can go with me to the lady second floor Pattaya Klang Kasikorn  , who does te F.E.T. forms and can assure you all is O.K. , and knowing in a few days a few millions are in your pocket ….and you go refuse that …?? :cheesy:  oh you must be kidding 

1 hour ago, david555 said:

O.K. you go refuse a sale for the price you like , can see money on bank .Can go with me to the lady second floor Pattaya Klang Kasikorn  , who does te F.E.T. forms and can assure you all is O.K. , and knowing in a few days a few millions are in your pocket ….and you go refuse that …?? :cheesy:  oh you must be kidding 

When you’ve done that deal show me the proof....until then.....

1 minute ago, Fairynuff said:

When you’ve done that deal show me the proof....until then.....

No need to prove you anything , I know you and me can never make a deal , this is my way or no way , same for you ….plenty others to deal with ,for you as well , for me if needed , and some others also shall refuse as they have their little "side profit " by asking more than the owner asks ….I stick with  my rules in "Siam's Pirate Bay "...Pattaya's better name.... 

I learned in my life to say NO...:wink:

Cheers 

7 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

In what world does any agent/developer sell you a condo without a deposit??

The simple answer is NEVER buy a condo off plan, for many reasons. Choose the condo you want, already built, and offer to pay the full amount at the Land office when you have the chanote in your, foreign, name. If they don't agree then bye bye sale.

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

The simple answer is NEVER buy a condo off plan, for many reasons. Choose the condo you want, already built, and offer to pay the full amount at the Land office when you have the chanote in your, foreign, name. If they don't agree then bye bye sale.

Glad to see that I am not the only one to see when money on bank and F.E.T. form available there is no need for deposit when signature and I.D. is given , then it is only on to the seller or agent to take care he can deliver all the needed documents for a quick sale in day's ( juristic letters , more specific if free of debts to management...!)… up to them at that moment , but most of them if inquiring , don't even know if the condo still on market for sale or even which floor it is  (lol)….exception agents possible....but rare to find :biggrin:

I could understand a deposit could be given if candidate buyer should need longer time to transfer the money , or need a loan , so if he wish to reserve that condo …., BUT I see  no need for deposit (unless you are a newbie moron to Pattaya real estate world..:whistling:) for a quick sale condo opportunity in day's !

6 hours ago, Henryford said:

Of all the condos I’ve bought three were off plan. For the first, It was a great buy. The building finished just 2 months late, I was able to make changes to the original floor plan at no extra cost and when I sold it after 9 years of living in it I sold for approximately 80% above the purchase price. My second off plan I still own and use it when I want to get out of Bangkok. I knew from day one it will be difficult to sell but I bought it with that in mind. My third venture was perhaps a mistake. When I sold it I got my money back plus a little extra. Buying off plan IS good if you have your head screwed on right.

11 hours ago, david555 said:

No need to prove you anything , I know you and me can never make a deal , this is my way or no way , same for you ….plenty others to deal with ,for you as well , for me if needed , and some others also shall refuse as they have their little "side profit " by asking more than the owner asks ….I stick with  my rules in "Siam's Pirate Bay "...Pattaya's better name.... 

I learned in my life to say NO...:wink:

Cheers 

Pattaya may well be a different story, I decided long ago it’s not for me and the property market ditto

Archived