Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 6:30 AM, Thechook said:

Who's excited?  The AFLW kicks off in 13 days.

IMO, it's pretty much for friends and relatives Chooks.

Let's see how may would turn up if it wasn't free entry.

• Like 1

Tiss almost the season to be jolly.....Dee's to be numero uno.....but alas in a far off land the Tom Brady show on feb 3 will be in full swing....the man who has re written the record books in American football takes the big stage again for the 3rd super bowl in a row..but life wasn't always like that...the Pats where the Hawks and Roos of the NFL the boys you beat up on the way to the playoffs, now New England is the worlds 6th most valuable football team....

As your aware the yanks have two conferences and a number of divisions ,the Pats have won there division 10 times on the trott hold the longest win record and number of times to a super-bowl in 9 with 5 wins also there conference winning 16 0f 18 AFC all since Brady and coach Billy Belichick took over at the turn of the century 2000.....Brady at 41 yes amazing....no one gets rid of the football faster than he..more faster than a speeding bullet higher than a skyscraper its wiz bam touchdown...Brady has made a deal with the Mrs to play on to 45, has a weird diet, sells his cook books for $US200, and only on 20.5 million US dollars a season, he could command much more rather than line his pockets the fact he is on less helps with getting better players into the team, smart guy, they do have salary caps in the US by the way.

The Patriots lost the big one last year so there itching to atone, up against the Rams with a young QB and coach it will be the masters against the rookies, the Pats coasted all season long dint look either great or bad but when the play offs came they stepped up a few notches, chewing up the clock with the run game early to grind teams into the ground...the advantage is the team winning the toss elects to kick so wining or loosing the toss means the Pats will start with the ball...

I will search for my Patriots T-shirt I picked up in LA in 2016 and of course be wearing it on feb 3...By the way Tom can give heart to other aspiring footballers...he was picked up at pick 199 in the draft of I think 1999, now in the land of the long Yank QB's go early if they think there any good, Baker Mayfield was taken at 1 last year by the Browns in fact most of the decent QB's go very early certainly with in the top ten, teams trade up to get there hands on a QB if in need....

Melbourne Victory steady as she goes beats Sydney City last night 2-1 in a great game, steady one point off top spot and were only half way through the season minus a K Honda who hasn't played for 8 games should be close to returning was spotted in the stands last night.. Looking at the Victory team a lot of depth and I've noticed great recruitment this season with there Swedish striker fresh from the World Cup as was Honda, German FB who is out injured and a top line Spanish mid....the Asian champions league games are coming up I dare too say the Victory are looking to get out of the group stages with this team for the first time...Its reported that the best player in the Aleague K Honda is on a 3 million dollar deal for one season....eat your heart out Tom Mitchel...

Well the SoccerRoos where spaded by the Dubai Devils yesterday better known as host nation UAE, same old clap trap...attack at all costs and leave the back exposed sooner or later and that's what happened with a shit kick back to Ryan with said defender wearing blinkers...Another long winded World Cup campaign coming up....Im send out a note to the FAA, for <deleted> sake hire a Italian or German coach who will teach the Socceroos to defend FIRST... Sorry we aint going anywhere with Aussie coaches running the national team...my man Kev Muscat WILL be in line to take over from Arnold in 3 years time if he continues to keep Victory upon as he has for So long....and talking of Kev rocked up to the Fox after game review calm as a cucumber....helps when you haven't lost a game like forever, head shaved cean but with a 2 day growth....no don't looks so good.....some salt and pepper facial hair no Kev plz shave before a game its just not you....talking of 3 day growths....myself and a mate pioneered The 3 day growth look from the early seventies we were way ahead of our time, as tradies we didn't need to look smart for a house frame....I in fact have continued with this look through out my life the fact is I got use to shaving twice a week and I aint changing for anybody...can you imagin how much money ive saved razor blades?

24 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Soccer womens league are prettier....

Oh boy! Those soccer ladies can hammer the ball though. They kick it hard. Soccer bores me a bit as I've been spoilt with AFL but I'd prefer to watch ladies soccer to WAFL. But the other way round for the chaps.

Go Tiger!

Oh dear....AFL tampering.....womens league now AFLX is on...

AFLX 2019 draft date confirmed: Inaugural draft to be televised

A date for the AFLX draft has been set, with the inaugural event featuring four superstars of the game to be televised next week.

The AFL confirmed on Monday night the four AFLX captains for 2019 would “build their superhero teams” via a draft that will be broadcast live on Fox Footy.

Patrick Dangerfield (Bolts), Nat Fyfe (Flyers), Jack Riewoldt (Rampage) and Eddie Betts (Deadlys) will hand-pick their teams during the draft, which will be held at 7pm (AEDT) on Wednesday February 6. They’ll have a pool of around 100 players to choose from.

Get the ultimate AFL experience on your phone with the FOX FOOTY App. Download it NOW for FREE on iOS and Android!

The selection order will be determined pre-draft, with the captains to pick out one of four pink AFLX Sherrin footballs that will be numbered. They’ll then have up to 30 seconds to make their pick — and if they fail to make a call in their allocated time, the draft will continue, meaning they won’t have the chance to fill their team of 14 until the end of the draft.

A maximum of four players per AFL club can compete in the event.

Theres more dribble of course....gees its preaching to the converted cause they wont win any new converts to this, guess I WILL tune in since I subscribe to Kayo just for a lookie see some bored evening, seems the AFL are looking to swallow up more TV time, dont make sense to me I just can't fathom why its at all needed, if anything crap like this pollutes the real deal, ok ok lot of us are not interested in the womens league and I'm still to tune in to even have a peek but gees who would watch this drivel? 

You can have to much of a good thing the 6 months of an AFL season its enough AFL house we dont need anymore hybrid off anything, its doubtful that X will be anymore than a summer diversion from surfing and beach babe watching...

• Like 2

Well AFLW is underway and they bill it as arch rivals Collingwood & Geelong.  Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this Geelong ' s first game?  They also billed the legends of the game, how does one become a legend after 6 games?  

Gave it 15 minutes of viewing and pure and absolutely poor skills and rubbish. 

Why is the AFL spending hundreds of millions on this absolute rubbish?  It's still free admissions and no revenue gained

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thechook said:

Well AFLW is underway and they bill it as arch rivals Collingwood & Geelong.  Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this Geelong ' s first game?  They also billed the legends of the game, how does one become a legend after 6 games?  

Gave it 15 minutes of viewing and pure and absolutely poor skills and rubbish. 

Why is the AFL spending hundreds of millions on this absolute rubbish?  It's still free admissions and no revenue gained

In response to that I,d just like to say,

GO TIGER!

Really looking forward to the boys are back tune and bananas and boomerangs from pockets.

Let the lady's play. No harm done.

When they play just schedule a nap.

Fantasy....not sure i can do it again after 2 GF losses.....

For AFL X.... tuned into the Rugby Union version on the weekend they call it sevens something or other, 7 players, full on running for 7 minutes a half, now i can watch some rugby from time to time so i thought id give it a go, watched 3 games in row in NZ, wont go into details only to say it sucks, so of course its a direct copy as we have come to see the AFL hardly have an original bone in any of there bodies...

The draft being televised??????? of course its a direct copy of the NFL....the catch is....all these blokes that are getting drafted most are on national TV in college football so these guys are already known....very unlike our system here.

Playing in China...another not original idea NFL play in England and Mexico in one off games.

Id like to remind the brothers here the Nab cup and all its inceptions and reincarnations eventually led to what we got now which again is a copy of preseason NFL.... i recall it being on a Wednesday night live in Victoria way back, was fine as i was a junkie then and watch any football, it had so many changes only for the brass to realise it wasn't so popular.

Sim city salsa.....

• Thanks 1

Sorry Alex.

AFL 2019: Malcolm Blight says Jack Watts could be ‘the worst No. 1 pick ever’

Australian Football Hall of Fame legend Malcolm Blight has delivered a scathing assessment of Power forward Jack Watts, claiming he “might be the worst No. 1 pick ever”.

A video of Watts snorting a white powder at last year’s Oktoberfest in Munich was widely circulated in recent days.

The Power released a statement on Sunday, explaining the powder Watts consumed was a legal substance known as ‘Wiesn Pulver’.

Watts then addressed the issue at Alberton on Monday, labelling the footage a “pretty shocking look”.

Watts, who won the Larke Medal in his draft year, entered the AFL with grand expectations after being taken by Melbourne with Pick 1 in the 2008 national draft. He was then traded to Port Adelaide at the end of 2017.

Despite threatening at various stages, Watts hasn’t developed into the AFL player many — especially Blight — hoped he could be at this stage.

And the North Melbourne great and dual Adelaide premiership coach didn’t miss when addressing Watts on Monday night.

“He’s 27 years of age, what he did — who’d want to do that anyhow and who cares. But what I want to talk about is his football career,” Blight told Sportsday SA.

“At 27, you’re supposed to get smarter and better. Of all the (draft pick) No. 1s, five years either side of him … from 2003 to 2007: Adam Cooney, Brownlow Medallist, Brett Deledio, best and fairest winner, Marc Murphy, best and fairest winner, Bryce Gibbs, best and fairest winner, Matthew Krezuer, great warhorse. They’re the five before him, head and shoulders above him.

“The five after: Tom Scully, works his butt off every game he plays, David Swallow, terrific player at the Suns, Jonathon Patton, when he plays — he’s had some injuries — but a beast, Lachie Whitfield, All-Australian, Tom Boyd, premiership player.

“That’s his peer group. You know where he sits? Screamingly last.

“He might be the worst No. 1 pick ever.”

Watts has endured a controversial few months after he was at the centre of a texting scandal in October.

Melbourne great Garry Lyon said the Power should sanction Watts.

“It’s been pointed out this substance he’s seen to be sniffing off the chest of a woman at Oktoberfest is legal. Now, they will investigate that, but the stupidity involved in this on different levels,” Lyon said on SEN on Monday morning.

“From a Port Adelaide point of view, they’d just look at that and shake their head and say, ‘Jack what could you possibly achieve from something like this?’

“It’s a legal substance and it is the off-season, but what a stupid look for the competition and kids that are coming up.

“We know that drugs are huge issue in society and sport. For the look itself, he deserves to be fined at least. From what we are told it’s not illegal, but the look is terrible.

“It’s not a hanging offence, it’s just a silly look.”

• Like 2

On 2/5/2019 at 1:32 PM, Will27 said:

Sorry Alex.

AFL 2019: Malcolm Blight says Jack Watts could be ‘the worst No. 1 pick ever’

Australian Football Hall of Fame legend Malcolm Blight has delivered a scathing assessment of Power forward Jack Watts, claiming he “might be the worst No. 1 pick ever”.

A video of Watts snorting a white powder at last year’s Oktoberfest in Munich was widely circulated in recent days.

The Power released a statement on Sunday, explaining the powder Watts consumed was a legal substance known as ‘Wiesn Pulver’.

Watts then addressed the issue at Alberton on Monday, labelling the footage a “pretty shocking look”.

Watts, who won the Larke Medal in his draft year, entered the AFL with grand expectations after being taken by Melbourne with Pick 1 in the 2008 national draft. He was then traded to Port Adelaide at the end of 2017.

Despite threatening at various stages, Watts hasn’t developed into the AFL player many — especially Blight — hoped he could be at this stage.

And the North Melbourne great and dual Adelaide premiership coach didn’t miss when addressing Watts on Monday night.

“He’s 27 years of age, what he did — who’d want to do that anyhow and who cares. But what I want to talk about is his football career,” Blight told Sportsday SA.

“At 27, you’re supposed to get smarter and better. Of all the (draft pick) No. 1s, five years either side of him … from 2003 to 2007: Adam Cooney, Brownlow Medallist, Brett Deledio, best and fairest winner, Marc Murphy, best and fairest winner, Bryce Gibbs, best and fairest winner, Matthew Krezuer, great warhorse. They’re the five before him, head and shoulders above him.

“The five after: Tom Scully, works his butt off every game he plays, David Swallow, terrific player at the Suns, Jonathon Patton, when he plays — he’s had some injuries — but a beast, Lachie Whitfield, All-Australian, Tom Boyd, premiership player.

“That’s his peer group. You know where he sits? Screamingly last.

“He might be the worst No. 1 pick ever.”

Watts has endured a controversial few months after he was at the centre of a texting scandal in October.

Melbourne great Garry Lyon said the Power should sanction Watts.

“It’s been pointed out this substance he’s seen to be sniffing off the chest of a woman at Oktoberfest is legal. Now, they will investigate that, but the stupidity involved in this on different levels,” Lyon said on SEN on Monday morning.

“From a Port Adelaide point of view, they’d just look at that and shake their head and say, ‘Jack what could you possibly achieve from something like this?’

“It’s a legal substance and it is the off-season, but what a stupid look for the competition and kids that are coming up.

“We know that drugs are huge issue in society and sport. For the look itself, he deserves to be fined at least. From what we are told it’s not illegal, but the look is terrible.

“It’s not a hanging offence, it’s just a silly look.”

These dills get payed to much money you know...as far as the powder goes....

He was a better player at Melbourne, Roos got a better run out of him than Goodwin, Roos had him roaming half back.... centre as a loose man type he was easily the best kick in the team and could drop it on your chest from a mile away...

With winter like condions in the middle of summer  and feeling lazy tuned into the new streaming app...and woe behold Demons womens playing Pies womens.....0-2 a piece at quarter time is my log in time....well i was bored...so i watched the game....the blonde pony tails attracted me at first with the Dee's having a nice sprinkling of them...particular miss 13.

Sha Salone sister of Crow Salone interviewed at half time a blonde, played her first game for the Dee's last week and went down with an ACL during the game....nice legs....

Dee's take command late in the second with 2 goals and almost a third in the last 90 seconds, umps throw the ball in 15 meters in from the boundary line, they let the play go too, takes a bit for the ump to give a free in this game...

Standard? awww not to bad...some nice flashes of play, entertaining? well its summer and i could find other things to do if it wasn't like winter today, myself and Chooks cant be good judges as Victoria Park had a pretty good crowed to watch this game and like in the thousands....7228 people....

Dee's do it easy though it was a battle of defences Pies winless, havent won a game ever in AFLW.

5G.....warning warning WILL Robinson, there are 2 5G bands...the one there rolling out now Sudds will be obsolete within a few years, gimmick is all it is, clearly written in black and white in the Age last week the latest iPhones on 4G are actually faster than the new 5G... also if you rush out and get that expensive Samsung to impress your walking street TGF's it might not even work in Thailand as most countries that have 5G or is in the pipe line dont support the useless technology that Optus and co are offering to you an Aussie and a consumer because we dont complain and have deep pockets thank you so much Singapore telco...

It is with great pleasure to announce that Keishu Honda WILL be on the bench tomorrow afternoon and is expected to be subbed in during the second half of the very big match of the day where 1st plays 2cd winner will go or stay top...8 weeks out and on 3 million big ones for the season hope they get him to resign for next year...if i could get him he was in my pc fifa manger team and starred toooooooo....

Smith the Dee defender with the famous father who took mark of the century over Champion of the Lions all those years ago is tipped to go forward this year....191 cm excellent on the ground and a far grab of the ball like pop said today in the big small paper ..... and it makes sense too, i think he's ok down back but i just cant see him as a defender at all, with mercenary Hogan gone we are one big body and hard tackler down up forward...... makes sense....it makes sense....it really does....

• Like 1

Yeah, it's becoming apparent the technology is levelling out.

A decent 4g phone from 4 years ago gets the movie adult and sports streaming, Google searching, and messaging done. What more do you need except bragging rights. I'll continue with my z3 Sony. Connects up to my tv with a solid connection  cable. No lagging.  newer phones don't have that mhl ability. 

Speaking of which. Swift streams showing all the Oz tv stations  ATM working well on about 4mbps net. Even the fox footy. It does come and go.

There is a black version that I use which is ad free. Go for it.

Watched about 10 mins of ladies footy. Enough. But I'm fasting at the moment so maybe it's me not focusing well. 

What we really need is free internet.

Wish governments would grow a pair and stop telcos from ripping us off.

On 2/9/2019 at 8:04 PM, stud858 said:

Yeah, it's becoming apparent the technology is levelling out.

A decent 4g phone from 4 years ago gets the movie adult and sports streaming, Google searching, and messaging done. What more do you need except bragging rights. I'll continue with my z3 Sony. Connects up to my tv with a solid connection  cable. No lagging.  newer phones don't have that mhl ability. 

Speaking of which. Swift streams showing all the Oz tv stations  ATM working well on about 4mbps net. Even the fox footy. It does come and go.

There is a black version that I use which is ad free. Go for it.

Watched about 10 mins of ladies footy. Enough. But I'm fasting at the moment so maybe it's me not focusing well. 

What we really need is free internet.

Wish governments would grow a pair and stop telcos from ripping us off.

Free internet???? are you crazy?

The world is going streaming never before has the market been so big...NBN?? hahahaha....my phone is quicker.....just standard Vodaphone wifi.. it like up loads a pic or short short movie in a split second....when its running on the home network....well i have time to make a cup of coffee...

Fasting???? i do the 18/6 have for nearly a year, dont help with weight loss ive noticed but might help if i eat less.....hehe...

Dee's rated 2cd best team in the league Richmond number 1 by by excuse the spelling Petcham....something like that, was instrumental in the Premiership team of the hapless Port Adelaide then later Hawks...and we all know he hit a wall at the Saints and left like a speeding bullet...

Says the Eagles at 7.....yes you read right, id say as he's a recruiter he's looking at what there added as well as what there got...apparently foreseen the rise of the Pies and is saying the Bombers are on the rise too...you can read it in the Canberra times....its amazing them news apps arant they...pinching info from all over the place....Ps...Bullies to stay bottom 4...

The big game was a draw last week as was it last night...my man Honda scoring a penalty to draw level...at Eden park in NZ against the high flying Phoenix. now it seems contracts in soccer are not worth anything, there coach is already casting dout he will not see out his 2 year deal less than a year in... Openly in the media....scratch your head....

• Like 1

I think big bash is on English BT sport channel too if 7 not streaming well. 

Enjoy the game.

I'm usually getting decent stream around 5-10 Mbps.

I use happy dtac "net boost" via their app and pay 79 baht for 5 GB (7 days)higher speed.

AIS doesn't have any such option. Important to get our streaming good when the footy games start and on those rainy days when Aplus isn't working or you live in Australia and can't afford the fox footy channel.

Go Tiger!

17 minutes ago, stud858 said:

I think big bash is on English BT sport channel too if 7 not streaming well. 

Enjoy the game.

I'm usually getting decent stream around 5-10 Mbps.

I use happy dtac "net boost" via their app and pay 79 baht for 5 GB (7 days)higher speed.

AIS doesn't have any such option. Important to get our streaming good when the footy games start and on those rainy days when Aplus isn't working or you live in Australia and can't afford the fox footy channel.

Go Tiger!

Umm i have Kayo sudds....and use True in Thailand way better wifi, when i wanna watch the Dee's i make my way down to the Aussie pub in soi 11 i think order my lunch and check out the waitress legs as they zoom past, must say they do have some pretty decent waitress there couple have legs to die for, they will tune in to the Aleague for you as well.

Did the switch to kayo form AFL live or what ever you call it so i get to see the game on the 65inch telly instead of a quarter of my iPad screen....

Not into the cricket fella....by the way the NE Patriots one the big one and guess what? there colours are the same as the Dee's, Victory one the Aleague Flag last season in 2018 so its looking good this year....

9 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Umm i have Kayo sudds....and use True in Thailand way better wifi, when i wanna watch the Dee's i make my way down to the Aussie pub in soi 11 i think order my lunch and check out the waitress legs as they zoom past, must say they do have some pretty decent waitress there couple have legs to die for, they will tune in to the Aleague for you as well.

Did the switch to kayo form AFL live or what ever you call it so i get to see the game on the 65inch telly instead of a quarter of my iPad screen....

Not into the cricket fella....by the way the NE Patriots one the big one and guess what? there colours are the same as the Dee's, Victory one the Aleague Flag last season in 2018 so its looking good this year....

Ok. Look out for me. Dees v tigers. Ill be the one with the black and yellow scarf around my neck.

1 hour ago, stud858 said:

Ok. Look out for me. Dees v tigers. Ill be the one with the black and yellow scarf around my neck.

Im unlikely to be in Thailand at that time but you never know....

Ps its way to hot for a scarf dear boy...

• Like 1