Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Im back.........soooooory for leaving without notification im sure I wasnt missed at all......I did have some "issues" prior to leaving for the Phillipines....as per usual women WILL try and push your boundaries, Big Mouth on a call asked to move our meeting I of course fell at her feet and obliged.....I couldnt upset her could I? within moments of ending the call she was delisted effective immediately, mush mush put it on me for a bikini again....to wear at my condo pool....silly girl is still in the loop....but on borrowed time.... the other 2 single mums....one was way to "romantically needy" for me the other well I didnt reply within her 1 hour window and gave me the chop with a few words on the way out....so with a lighter heart and more money in my pocket I did set sail for the Phillipines....well I flew actually....nice to be in la la land....4th vist and I hadn't noticed it before ...there very vague over there, yes slow and dippie.....not even cute.....wasnt to bad on the island as you kinda expect it to be sloooooow...once back on the mainland boy did it show......had to have words with a male flip who turned up after me at a shop front, let him know I was before him and words to the ho so cutie serving him that she (in a stern voice) needs to learn too pay attention, and lets not forget on going through the second lauggage scan.....yes one at the god dam front door then another as you go through immigration....like you could get a tank through un noticed but hey thats how they like to do it there...well this absolutely spunky late 30s flipper with a figure to admire and I did had been in front of me, she was questioning the line we were in..it did say filipino...but you know...they fill gaps here and there...after her seemingly voicing a concern of being in the correct line I ask her she said she's on a Brit passport...so you know she's ripped off some poor pommy for landing rights at Heathrow airport...I assured Her she was in the right spot.......anyway I found my self in front of her at the scanning machine.....the spoilt woman obviously isnt use to waiting and was quite pushy and I did notice....I kept my mouth shut as you do anyway im at the other end now trying to retrieve my gear when this person just couldnt wait for me to move on giving my bag a push when I still hadn't collected the 2 other items....I turn too her and in a clear voice everyone around could hear told her she was a "immature bitch".

Are coconuts more dangerous than sharks? https://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2405/are-150-people-killed-each-year-by-falling-coconuts/ apparently sooo.....I did ponder that question on the island while having my morning black double shot of expresso.....like there were coconuts on the beach so you know they do fall......

Well Volcano Taal decided to blow its top, was all over good publications, Phillipine CNN lived on it the entire week I was in Manila...and I was extremely lucky to grab a boat to the mainland when I did, 4 hours before it erupted, I was told they closed down the ports in the area that evening where I had been, I would have got marooned at the island port and all it was was a big tent....lots of ash fallen too so I would have looked like a <deleted> if I had of stayed, then the fear of them closing the airport before my flight was paramount.....I just dont know what possessed me to spend 8 days in Manila....And lets not talk about the food......

I rode there version of the MRT on Sunday, 1 hour wait, reminded me of my adolescent days way back when waiting for a Melbourne train to take us too seedy St Kilda on a sunny...sunday....an empty train did pass 45 min later which didnt stop thats keeping it green hey.... eventually a packed train did arrived....and I was in two minds to do the Japanese squash, the thought of another hour on the dark polluted station provoked me in to a charge at the door....we were packed like sardines....I kid you not, couldnt help but get personal will all around you...Air con was blowing a gail, from the roof down...45 min in a slow train will give you a cold head when you have no hair.....I keep mine extremely short, its fashionable you know....

Well out of boredom I went shopping on Friday, I walked up and down the streets  so many times I knew every crack in the pavement .....ps there footpaths are better than Thailands, at least the repair them, I ended up in an up market mall that id been before, 3 of them stuck together, Greenbelt Landmark and Glorietta, out in Makati which was just 3k walk from my condo but I decided to get a taxi instead, now I didnt have any faith off finding something id like, as you know....I been shopping in Manila before and only ever bought some items from Uniqo in The Mall of Asia....which Is now in AU by the way...well I found the flag store for Uniqo there and picked up a pullover in soft blue something like Norths poofy blue...almost temped to by another but limited colour range so held myself back....great super store by the way, even bigger than the 2 combined in BKK at Central World and Paragon...much bigger..2 levels in fact....Then on we plodd....Zara's, think thats how you spell it....some nice stuff in there, as you know im a jacket man I did find a jacket in there....only $70 too in AU im sure around 150, was on sale too.....the style is 60's, I use to own one well I bought the Levi version 2ys ago in black, back then we use to call them Fugitive jackets after the tv show The Fugitive....they haven't changed at all in like 60 ys this is in material and dark blue...for them fellas who are not seeing the picture these types of jackets are normally olive green for carpenters and navy for plumbers, they found there way to fashion conscious tradies a long time ago....and yes I have an olive green and black one for work....

You know within a short time id picked up two items, like this was unbelievable and in all places Manila....but wait.....Mango.....now I know a few asian women who go app for this place, one Indo Chinese I dated some years back use to melt at the knees when standing in front of one of  there stores..... so I decided to go in and saw what all the who hur was all about...they have Mango for men, to be precise its MNG Man....to make it more masculine....well I did like there gear but im at the wrong end of the age spectrum for a lot of it now, I did find and buy a blue sweatshirt we use to call wind cheaters this one was in that design but obviously an upmarket look, a kinda fine woven pattern it looked fantastic.....so having arrived with a back pack over my shoulders now had to contend with taking this stuff back to BKK and already a 20kgs when loaded suite case....

The Cuban way is now found in the Pacific order something and there out of stock and no apologies either this happened enough times for it to stick in my mind....Steak...."do not order steak in the Phillipines" its either you eat it or it will become the top of your leather shoe....pink cream? was told it is mayonnaise and its still disgusting, it also made its way on to a burger....which reminded me of the burger I ordered in Palawan some years back and how it destroyed it, anyway im looking forward to a pad thai down at tops for lunch today.....

• Like 1

Does football contribute to climate change?

http://www.climateaction.org/news/climate-change-is-threatening-the-future-of-uk-sport most of what im seeing is how the new climate condions affect the games....but kicking that bag of wind around....what does it mean?

Well getting some guy to pump up that ball is causing friction....thats heat...HEAT.....Running around trying to get possession is causing HEAT, hand balling and kicking is causing HEAT....coaches getting upset in the box is causing HEAT and bad karma....

Washing jumpers, polishing boots, running iPads and computers is causing HEAT....

Clubs like Demons and Saints dont have to worry as much as say Tigers and Eagles...not much effort down there except for the good life...

( I dont know....mush mush soft tissue brains how the hell did she get to 38 and have a kid and be a supervisor???? just told her she's boring....a deathly silence has fallen in line....this by the way is 9.45 am....running out of patience for this person...her days off are Tue and Wed and yesterday it took all day to wash clothes and clean a 20 sq m condo....she did check in now and then eventually said she would meet me for coffee and cake this was her suggestion by the way...this morning, I let her know im there between 10 and 11 with location sent....that was 7 am as I refused to talk with her last night due to her filipino vagueness, she looked right away but at 9.45 said she just woke up......" I dont know what you mean" was her reply......im off to my coffee shop for a does of caffeine and to calm down....to be continued....)

(12.51pm......she didnt show of course, at 10.59 a barrage of messages that contradicted each other as you would expect from someone playing games.....I had dropped out of the game sometime ago it seems she didnt notice....well I had been agro for sure and I did have a short fuse this morning......I also had issues's with my allergy yesterday, its a silent foe you never know until its on you and has your arm up your back....even with Taal the volcano carrying on 200ks from Manila Manila has cleaner air quality than BKK.....I had to buy a bottle mouth wash....at 11.02 I left my coffee shop....great coffee by the way, and ventured to Maccas near by, the fact I was a bit hungry at this time is a warning warning WILL Robinson for me...a double ocean fish burger as its envormentily friendly, (2 fish 1 bun less baking of bread of course) when the sore throat kicked in...and was thinking its my agro wanting to tell off this Isaan dipstick....but I refrained....silence is a killer...oh it is...some woman did it to me many years ago and from that experience I learned how lethal it is....though I dont seek revenge, once my mind is made up its over...mush mush has been delisted and dropped to the rookie list with absolutely no hope of getting any game time again.)

Air con on and I normally dont run it just fan but there obviously is <deleted> in the air...lot of Thais running around here with face masks on, agro seems to have left me and im not hungry anymore...

13:14 Books i was thinking i might
13:14 Books  im a bit concerned about teh lack of a challenge though
13:14 AlexRRR ???? lol
13:14 AlexRRR ???? u wont beat will

convo im having with bookman as I write...asked him if he was going to join TV tipping this year.....I know he was surprised I came second.....last year....like it wasnt the first time I was runner up...and like how far back did he actually win it? like when there were 4 tipsters in it....I bet...hahaha...

Anyway I will let him know when its time to register...poor guy hasn't had much to do last few winters.....

Climate change is it real...well of course it is BUT......the world has warmed up and frozen in the past.....so I dont buy into its us doing it....

13:19 Books r u still active oni TV?
13:19 AlexRRR ???? yes
13:19 Books whered u come last year?
13:20 AlexRRR ???? second
13:21 Books jeez
13:21 Books the bar is low forme
13:21 AlexRRR ???? lol
13:21 AlexRRR ???? only a few behind will dear sir

Hes coming back just told me I should be happy with 3rd spot...

And electric cars.....do you think your gonna be able to plug an extension lead into ur new moto? no sir you wont...your electricity provider will be happy to install a new dedicated plug in your garage that you will pay a daily  service charge for and supply you with a 2 meter long extension chord which is only good for one car.....installation fee......daily service charge and supply of extra extension leads to charge mrs sons and daughters car plus granys if she's living with you.... no one thought of that when campaigning for electric car uptake.....oh and the magnificent state of Victoria already has power supply issues when we get a hot day in Melbourne so what they gonna do when half the city is plugging in the car for charge over night? Your going to need more than one plug in that garage arnt you?

So is electric cars the answer? not in the state they WILL be sold, no sir..... pretty simple really isnt it...the whole body of the car needs to be a solar panel it just makes sense but they WILL sell you a product for 10 ys before they allow what I said because they need to recoup as much of there R&D costs back before the next storm....

I suggest a war....kill off 20% of the population thats a good start....destroy half the world which means new projects WILL be green...also American dept will get reduced either for winning the war or loosing it...they cant go wrong.....Its almost a dead cert Trump WILL be back, so thats looking a more likely senerio....

And the footy........sell off AFL house, get rid of Gillon and co, there making more hot air than all of Europe in total and unproductive as well....go back to a hand pump for pumping the footys....tell the interstate teams to go home and relaunch the VFL no more flying all over the place.....I rest my case.....

• Like 1

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12302406 progress its called....and Coles and Tesco would love this.....and its closer than you think, over here you dont have the self check out machines like we do back home in AU, use to be for like a small amount of items but increasingly less staff to man the normal check out lanes is forcing punters to do there entire check out them selves...I of course have principles....I see it as there duty to check me out if im doing a big shop...Phillipines has a "seniors" lane.....and in ordering even at a lot of shop fronts seniors get to go first....obviously I dont look old enough because I was ignored most of the time except at the supermarket check out...and thats only because I jumped into the seniors lane....ho and you know all the stuff written in here about registering your MRT and BTS rabbit cards....as a good citizen when I arrived I did just that....well the MRT gave me a present they up graded my card to a seniors card which gives me 50% off all travel on the MRT...such nice people...

Maccas near by are trialing ( yes I know...I know......I hardly ever eat there stuff but my excuse is I been sick well my gut has been playing up so simple food is all I can take, living on them fried rice and pad thai....trailing what back home is a do it urself build a maccas burger large tablet screen...here they were installed before I arrive so I know not what they were being used for, lately a cutie stands in front of it teaching people to do basic ordering of there meals then handing them a electronic notifier...( also exepts ur hard earned as well) I tried to order a cone yesterday on my own since cutie got busy...I gave up and crossed the path to KFC and got a human over the counter to do it for me...think it still has a few kinks to iron out....

A lovely lady supplied me with cool fresh sliced watermelon for 15B the other day just out front near maccas....I hardly ever walk past one of these without grabbing at least one serve....now this is the sort of thing I miss when I go home...not much else....

Just opend my Facebook....and there is Carlos Santana with stupid black hat on...71, I believe his birthday showed upon recently, now I love the band....but his verbal dialogue confuses me..... so much so I ended getting updates on his mystical spiritual journey, thinking I would stop getting all Santana updates was incorrect....here he is In Los Vegas were the Raiders are moving to in the new season...his team...he even wrote a song about them once.....donating a scarf to auction to raise money to feed poor kids....nice of him and the Band...

I like Woody Allen.....was reminded of that scrolling through FB...and I get all the propaganda on the Dee's too......Jonesy turns 32.....Daisey who popped out twins last year is on the comeback trail...she coments on C7 and captain of the Dee's fem team...and I thought she was gay....

I went to the toilet 4 times yesterday and may belly is queezy today, I know what did it....got into some bad habits while in the Phillipines...I did say we are not talking about there food.....I did get an AirBnB condo so I could do some cooking but alas they didnt even have a knife of any description in the joint...can you believe that? supermarket under condo building so I did venture forth into the shadow of the night and buy one for $2 only to be snookered when rummaging round for cooking utensils only to find one frying pan that had seen many many better days....as you know a non stick fry pan means nothing to asians....and to me now as well....oil is good...they been telling lies for so long we come to believe oil is a sin and a one way ticket to overweight.....we been lied too.....sugar is evil fat is good.....and sugar is what is killing my gut....Mango....I love mango the fruit as well as the store now, but mango dont like me....lot of other fruits too....and sausages....something they put in sausages no matter where I may be on earth does funny things to my gut...this is all in the last 5 ys....the pan had been battered and scratched to appear it had been in Bagdad during Desertstorm.... or one of them wars....the coating was like 40% missing and a cheap aluminium pan to boot....do you think I was going to cook in that? you dam right I was going to pass....

Windcheater girl invited herself over for the weekend its so nice of her to offer to have a few drinks with me if my gut allows it...I did ask if she was paying, and she can afford too I will add...so she offered to pay for a bottle of wine which I picked up at tops for her last night....sent her the pic and price....I did offer to pay the wine and she the meal...she took the wine option at 400B an aussie wine....as she's aware id take her to Wine Connection near by and it would be 1000 at least....since last time we did Wine Connection in Silom near her office and condo...she by the way is on a six figure salary per month, how do I know? she sent me her details when she was frantic about getting a visa to visit AU 18 months ago, told her she had no problems and they acutely rushed back her visa in record time....she had been a butch girl up until about 6 ys ago, lesbian of the male sort....she still wore her hair short when I first met her about 4 or 5 ys ago...its now got to sitting on her shoulders with a lot of encouragement from me, attractive without been a babe personality plus which is why I guess she ended up in the position shes in work wise, she has done well for herself...

Now I like her thinking.....she does have some masculine tendencies, like she's pretty much all over you when its romance time, just lay back fella and enjoy the ride...and the mouth...its a big one that can do some amazing things....I guess licking meow's made that a strong mouth that can go long distances.....I of course as you would have asked her questions on why she suddenly changed from women to men...she has assured me on several occasions she's into men only now, yet I still cant get my head around how you can suddenly do a 180 degree change....and still not be attracted to at least some women....she has sent me pics traveling to Japan and Korea with gfs and I immediately think.....you know.....And its not the first time either...TGF2 first relationship was with a butch co uni student and for 2 ys, like I couldnt get my head around that either....I must be missing something......

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12302810 now I ask you...what is wrong with some men? Even if she's a bit of a dragon its getting the salami in and better working condones....fool fool fool....

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12302747 not me fella.....I dont que for bull dust like this....and forget the potato chips with you burger, that happened in manila too....cheaper than giving you fries....did I tell you about the pink mayonnaise so they called it on my burger over there...didnt taste like mayonnaise ....once not so long ago a new donut stand for want of a better name open up in bkk and I was amused at the 300meter que that formed every day to get one of these donuts, every time I walked through Paragon there was a long que, now days they have an attendant that will ambush you, hitting you on  then dragging you to the stand and giving your a free donut to take home....

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12301100&&ref=topbox im getting hungry again.......think its time for burger on the way to my coffee shop...and im running late....can someone tell me what that thingo is in the middle the burger plz?

Its still some time to go for the footy.....Netflix has had a couple of very good sports docs on....one I highly recommend is...The Mind of Aaron Hernandez,  do yourself a favour, extremely well done, 3 part series on the former Patriots Tigh End who at 23 signed I think a 50 million dollar contract extension, for playing should have been a number 1 or at least a first round pic went to the Patts in the 4th round and was an instant star, why so late in the draft? why did his university where he still had a year to go push him out? check it out.... the other Maradona in Mexico....both Netflix only so you going to have to search torrent sites to get them, now looking like he's high as a kite or drunk actually gets the team up, interesting in the fact that Diego is seen as a hack and on wobbly knees full of arthritis do not understand why the man hasn't had them done.....insite to a tired fading star....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Well gang, a rumour is going through the village this morning like a bushfire raging out of control, that former tipping champ BookMan is returning after a long lay off.

Will he return like Ben Cousins?

Not the player he once was and it was pretty sad seeing him running around for Richmond.

A former champ who couldn't stay away but ultimately went on a year too long.

Or will he return like Conor McGregor?

Lost his last contest easily and directed his focus into other things, but

he couldn't stay away either.

Returned in impressive style to remind everyone that he still is dangerous.

Hopefully all will be revealed soon.

Watch this space.

Yes looking like a few dregs from the past are coming-out of hibernation......one in particular who was pushing the low IQ rate of Vic's in particular has awoken from its slumber....lovely  choice of words and the decorum of a elephant in a china shop....I suggest a book Called "How to Win Friends and Influence People".....ho he is a West Aussie too...that seems to explain a few things....may the fleas of a thousand camels awww im not vindictive.....

Edited by AlexRRR

43 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Its still some time to go for the footy.....Netflix has had a couple of very good sports docs on....one I highly recommend is...The Mind of Aaron Hernandez,  do yourself a favour, extremely well done, 3 part series on the former Patriots Tigh End who at 23 signed I think a 50 million dollar contract extension, for playing should have been a number 1 or at least a first round pic went to the Patts in the 4th round and was an instant star, why so late in the draft? why did his university where he still had a year to go push him out? check it out.... the other Maradona in Mexico....both Netflix only so you going to have to search torrent sites to get them, now looking like he's high as a kite or drunk actually gets the team up, interesting in the fact that Diego is seen as a hack and on wobbly knees full of arthritis do not understand why the man hasn't had them done.....insite to a tired fading star....

Mate

Agree with you about the Hernandez series.

Thought it was terrific.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, samran said:

Curious - does anyone here read the Mongrel Punt? Has kind of become my go to quick read for the weeks ups and downs in the industry. Great weekly wrap ups during the season as well. 

I read it during the season.

Really enjoy it.

• Like 1

Allow me to point out that it was decided at ThaiVisa Administration level that off topic posting would be allowed on this forum, in particular, outside of the AFL season.

Any member with a problem with this is advised to make his complaints to Admin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, samran said:

Curious - does anyone here read the Mongrel Punt? Has kind of become my go to quick read for the weeks ups and downs in the industry. Great weekly wrap ups during the season as well. 

where to find?....lot of Dee talk this season im expecting....

7 hours ago, Will27 said:

Well gang, a rumour is going through the village this morning like a bushfire raging out of control, that former tipping champ BookMan is returning after a long lay off.

Will he return like Ben Cousins?

Not the player he once was and it was pretty sad seeing him running around for Richmond.

A former champ who couldn't stay away but ultimately went on a year too long.

Or will he return like Conor McGregor?

Lost his last contest easily and directed his focus into other things, but

he couldn't stay away either.

Returned in impressive style to remind everyone that he still is dangerous.

Hopefully all will be revealed soon.

Watch this space.

Bring him out of retirement 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sceadugenga said:

Allow me to point out that it was decided at ThaiVisa Administration level that off topic posting would be allowed on this forum, in particular, outside of the AFL season.

Any member with a problem with this is advised to make his complaints to Admin.

Does that mean soccer

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Will27 said:

Thanks WILL...I had a filipino moment yesterday......I did google and find and saved....nothing on the team to beat this year.....think there a bit behind the times...or leaving the best till last....something like that...

Looking forward to the first game of the season dear...sir....in Perth....now what to make of my mob? well there not great starters then Gaints at the G.......looking like a zip and 2 then the rockets take off....we WILL be hard to stop after that...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

Thanks KhunWill
I heard your arms were getting heavy from carrying your trophy everywhere you go.  Please tell me it isn't true you call it 'my precious!'

Well, you can never have too many of a good thing ... or at lest that's what i tell my girlfriends

Well he's back...and comes with an ego the rise of china....dont tell the gang about your sad eyes dog what ever you dooooo cho cho beats him hands down.....

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Well he's back...and comes with an ego the rise of china....dont tell the gang about your sad eyes dog what ever you dooooo cho cho beats him hands down.....

Hey Buddy,

Good to see you again. 

I'm a little surprised to still see you here, given your love of the round ball game.
Is it the Melbourne Vixens you support? Or was it Sunshine Coast lightning?  

Couldn't believe he was considered to begin with.

Sorry Alex, he's Max Gawn.

Harley Bennell suffers fresh injury setback as he seeks Melbourne lifeline

Harley Bennell has broken down with yet another calf injury.

Bennell this week strained his troublesome left calf as he auditions for a fresh contract with Melbourne.

While the tear is only understood to be minor, it’s a potentially devastating blow for the injury-cursed midfielder, who is clinging to the possibility of securing a Demons contract under pre-season supplemental selection period rules.

Melbourne has been conscious of gently easing Bennell into its summer program, but the former Docker has still struggled to adapt.

Bennell hasn’t been able to clock big kilometres during training sessions, nor train with any intensity.

The goalkicking onballer, 27, hasn’t played since 2017 and has managed only two senior games since 2015 due to an endless string of calf tears on both legs.