Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

20 hours ago, farmerjo said:

The big improvement for me is not the competition itself.

It's the playing surfaces we sandgropers introduced to the mexicans.????

Well living on the edge of a desert is hardly Mexico dear Fj...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Will27 said:

The count is only for VFL you say?

Well why did you include premierships from the AFL?

Which one is it?

If you're saying VFL premierships, that's a state league so you have to include wafl and sanfl.

This is the last time I WILL bang on about this...its pretty clear really.....the VFL introduced/invited the Eagles and Crows to join there league......Swans were already in Sydney and Lions/Bears up in Queensland by that time....later the VFL having 4 interstate teams in there comp decided to make it look professional especially for TV....so had a name change to the AFL.........the VFL became the AFL, the comp had always been about an expanded Victorian comp, with slight of hand, smoke and mirrors the WA and SA clubs particular were appeased, even gave them spots on the board....bit like the way Russia was and is controlling Eastern Europe, and so it came to pass that any one north of the Murray and west of Bordertown thinks incorrectly that they belong to a national comp....this is pure bullocks, they belong to an expanded Victorian football league named the AFL so they can reap lots of mula from Channel 7 and look grown up in the world sport...

As for the current VFL which is in fact a taken over VFA, it is well known the AFL are sitting on a golden egg so popular that the current misfits running the AFL cannot destroy it no matter how hard they try....I remind you of X....how it died an instant death after one show up....the rule changes everyone is sick off.....and the VFA/L...how by the take over Victorian AFL teams adopted a club and sent there listed players to play there which has destroyed the integrity of the original VFA, I use to be a devotee of the VFA, Preston and Coburg had been my teams, anyway one by one AFL based clubs have decided to run there own teams in the VFL, mind you the big boys in AFL house originaly had the misplaced idea that aligning a VFA/L club with a AFL club would save clubs money along with reduced list sizes.....as its now being seen that again it was a misguided idea, clubs want control of all there players......

As for counting premierships in the VFA/L no one in Victoria is taking notice  of this comp...since the AFL took it. over....

Got that WILL?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

Image result for wait, there's more images

There's  few more who have snuck under the radar.

Big rumours about Adam Hunter and let's not forget Mainwaring.

That whole team were in on it WILL....... the connection to the druggie night club owner was half the Eagles team were shipping the white powder interstate during the season......less police checks on a footy team wandering off an Boeing.......

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

That whole team were in on it WILL....... the connection to the druggie night club owner was half the Eagles team were shipping the white powder interstate during the season......less police checks on a footy team wandering off an Boeing.......

I've forwarded your details onto the AFL Royal commission mate. This is exactly the type of inside knowledge we need to have to have things set right

• Like 2

I wasnt going to bring up the Kerr affair after seeing it on one off the online papers but you know Books does like too stir the pot a lot....

So I WILL add my bit.....seems to be quite a few ex Eagles of that era depended on the white and crystal stuff, im inpressed Gardner has managed to keep a low profile since his playing days, still it could be anyday now we hear he has been arrested after being caught with several hundred kilos of the stuff in a submarine off the coast of WA somewhere.....

These guys should be running out of the MILLIONS the Eagles payed them so im expecting to hear about burgs and stick ups etc in the near future from a lot of these lads....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

For those who haven't heard of him, Hagdorn is pretty much a hack.

Some of his latest stuff was that Gaff had pretty much signed for Norf and Melbourne weren't going to sign Harry.

I wouldn't give him much credibility.

Freo predictably playing a straight bat.

Jesse Hogan has Fremantle’s full support despite reports the club was preparing to pay out his contract, writes Mark Robinson

Jesse Hogan might not play football again.
But it won't be because Fremantle will rip up his contract in the immediate future.
The revelation on radio on Wednesday that the Dockers were preparing to “buy out” Hogan’s contract, effectively ending his AFL career, has been privately shot down by the key stakeholders.

Fremantle football boss Peter Bell called Hogan’s manager, Jason Dover, and Hogan’s family on Wednesday and said it wasn’t happening.

Dover didn’t expect Bell to say anything else, seeing as the two have spoken every day since Hogan took leave for mental health reasons in late January, and they have practically spoken every other day in the past three months.
The Dockers and Dover were frustrated and mildly angry with what they believe was scuttlebutt from a Perth-based journalist.
Bell told Dover there had not been a meeting or discussion within the club about that possible scenario.
The Dockers were more than mildly angry when new coach Justin Longmuir was associated with the story.
It was said Longmuir was of the view Hogan should go.
Bell told Dover that also was not the case.

If anything, the Dockers have been brilliant with their support.
The other stakeholder is the AFL Players’ Association.

If the Dockers, or any club for that matter, was preparing to dump a player who was on mental health leave, then the AFLPA would be consulted. They have not.
The flash point radio report angered the AFLPA, which once again is concerned about their perception of a lack of accountability in the football media.
While the radio report has been totally dismissed, the long-term future of Hogan, 24, is clouded.
There may well come a day when the Dockers and Hogan’s management will need to meet to discuss if football indeed is on Hogan’s agenda, but clearly it isn’t now.
The prevailing view in the west is the commentary we’ve seen this week only adds to Hogan’s anxieties.
And the seemingly endless stories — truth or not — about Hogan’s social habits have a life of their own.
If true, Hogan wouldn’t be the first player to make wrong decisions while battling a mental illness.

Everyone one should relax.

let him be a Fevola,on field results count.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Do WE want to revisit the flag that most of us want stripped from the Eagles?

Books Grant and Rip have a vested interest here....I would vote with the red and white over this....

We are very selective about our fanbase Alex

If you answer 'Yes' to the following , you can proceed to the 2nd level of the application

1. DO you enjoy a cheeky Chardonnay while watching the game?
2. DO you support the LGBTQI community?

3. Do you dislike Eddie Mcguire?

Edited by BookmanBkk
  • Sad 1

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/china-pays-tribute-to-exhausted-coronavirus-staff-as-hospitals-scramble-for-supplies/news-story/95bb3b067270228d1b34f7fb2754070f Dare to say the China game by Port and the Saints could be cancelled....what a shame.......................................................on the brighter side when I leave in 11 days the airport should be close to deserted with less chance to pick up a bug and a good chance to get a burger at Burger King/Hungry Jacks ....

I have notice with great delight the few times ive ventured downtown the hordes seem more worried about Thais and westerners than the other way around, many are wearing face masks which also acts as a deterrent for several of them talking at the same time at high pitched screeching voices....this I have witnessed first had up close a number of times but not this trip......even it may affect the stock market and seen my shares do a nose dive im more than happy along with Trump "the one who cant be beaten" to see half the there country wiped out .....only becasue of there barbarian like behaviour when in public....ive seen some things that would make your eyes roll.....and lets not talk about my trip to HK 10 or so years ago......thats when I decided NO chance was I going to ever visit China...I did date a Chinese Malay Nurse once who only was Chinese but born in Malaysia (her story) who invited me to go on a trip with her to China, I was seriously thinking about it but ended up decline, dating her for 4 years I got the impression Chinese women were very submissive and extremely sexy and super slim...I found out that all of my thinking was totally WRONG....I did you know play the felid a bit when totally single, I met a few Chinese women along the way....none were submissive super slim or sexy....in fact a common thread weaved through theres persona....just like Thai women they love money and its number 1...unlike Thai women every Chinese is a potential business entrepreneur....and most likely going to be if not already successful....one who use to do my head in a lot.......forget her name now and ended up refusing to do any work for her in a polite way came out to study, (to AU) as a member of the communist party helped her get that permission to leave....when the ruckus of the University protests in that square way back where some were killed the AU gov announced amnesty to students who were already here....she by that time had already gone underground meaning dropped out of school and was working in sweat shops....building her fortune with the issues back home she took the chance too come clean, loving her as the west would, seeing it as a victory over communism they gave her every privilege known to man..... her story she dictated to me..how she got started in real business.....and mate she had 2 restaurants in china town..one very well known....but not by me as i dont eat chink food.....

Doing sweat shop work at home, sewing...and she did have a uni degree by the way....ventured forth into one of the many Chinese restaurant shops run by mum and pops chink of course all around Melbourne...like a cancer on the back of your dog they were everywhere....ordering from the menu....and this woman never misses anything....says to herself...I can cook this....and what she didnt know she would order and do a post mortem on it....not long after she got her first mum and pop Chinese restro going in the burbs....she knew to make money the best way was to "turn them over" so the road to Melbourne City started somewhere like Watsonia 20ks out....each restro got closer to her dream of a big city shop....she started ran for a year and sold till she got to the city....smart girl...but you couldnt work with her.....even her husband refused to join her in AU....he would vist her or she him but hadn't lived with her for 20 ys...even the lure of the money couldnt get him besides her....along the way the savy chick began to collect houses, by the time I got to know her the boutique builder I was doing some work for was building some units for her.....and just like she would do to me later was busting there balls....she of course never missed anything.....she thought she could do well in building....so this building company who by the way was run by a nice Chinese guy who apparently was so rich moved to AU and got involved with building just to have something to do.....as he didnt need to work and was barley 40....hand balled her off to me....by this time she decided she was the builder, gave her a price to frame 2 town houses, and im not expensive im fair but at the same time I expect to make a buck out of it.......two dicks and thats another story undercut me by 20%, I laughed when she said could I do better.....I was happy to get out of it by then...the writing was on the wall....of course these dudes realised they had screwed up.....the original builder had to get involved again and they dragged me into it too...bettween us we got her out of the mess but did you think she learned anything? chasing cheap prices can have big draw backs in building dear sirs....

Smart as a cookie she had amassed a nice portfolio of commercial properties around where I had grown up not to mention the 3 or 4 house's I knew she owned....being close to the tram line too La Trobe Uni which a lot of Chinese went to she decided to pull down one nice house and stick up 16 apartments on 2 levels for students.....again she asked me to price the frame this time I loaded it as there was no chance I was going to physically work on it again she found someone cheaper....she was annoyed I wouldnt do it for less....but gees im not chinese who works for $50 a day....and of course I was roped back in when she burned the framers....not one gang....not two gangs......but 3....she was running the show of course, didnt know a dam thing, bailing up guys who needed to get stuck into it to make a buck and they would end up walking.......I came back the first time to try and smooth it out, anyway after that I refused to even to meet her and yes she had more projects in the pipe line gave her a story I was winding down etc etc.....she was tying up my time and for NOTHING....Anyway this woman who briefly I flirted with the idea of dating as a window of opportunity did appear decided against as I would have to be a yes boy, but then again im sure she would have got me that M3 coupe id dreamed off, by this time she had divorced hubby.......Had gone to China and ordered up big...all windows archs and skirts basins kitchens you name it were bought and loaded to a or several containers and shipped over....Driving by seen gangs of chinks working on her units....by that time many where around she had now found her own type.....to do her work....seriously she was a ball breaker....but smart.....very smart....nothing was to much for her....the only trouble in her life was her son....dead beat he was....im sure he had a job, driving mums BMW pretty much all the time never knew what a days work was like...good time Charlie I use to mentally call him....

Then one nice Friday evening at a latin night club I seen a hot Chineses looking babe in the distance....she I thought was around mid 30s.....she was a serious stunner....I of course raced over once eyes had focused and brain had recorded said events....she wasnt going to leave my clutches and she didnt...all evening....proud to get her number life was beautiful......While gazing at her my mind recorded her as the "up grade" to my Chineses Nurse, similar looks indeed.......  Well I tried and tried but really never ever got far with her, she and I are still friends and we meet up every so often....turned out she was older than what i thought yet to delvge her age by the way.....ive known her about 13 ys now approx.....took the first 3 of them years to find out she was married.....so thats one good reason I never got anywhere with her.....then had to contend with a few more years of her anger during the divorce stage....so by that time my interest was slipping.....she knew I was keen on her...lets say I always made sure she knew that, but once learning of her "drama's" kept a respectable distance as you do waiting for your chance another day......(This in no way slowed me down in keeping my options open by the way) I use to flirt a lot with her and she did love it....im sure people use to think we were a couple....Anyway as the years roll on by you lean a bit about them....her ex had a business and pretty much spent most of the marriage working overseas, they would meet somewhere like Spain for a romantic 3 weeks or he would come home briefly from time to time, she lived in up market Glen Iris.....posh area by the way, her dad was a doctor...yet she never seemed snobby, she said she didnt get on with her sister's husband an aussie Italian builder  and she struggled with her mum.....are you seeing  the picture? she would have driven me nuts too.....a typical cancer the cup is half empty type, procrastinator and somewhat anal...all with a beautiful speaking voice...I still melt when I her her voice over the phone....im sure her ex didnt want to come home too, I was saved by the grace of god praise be to the exulted one up high as I would have jumped in for god dam sure and probably lived to regret it.....the chemistry has faded and what I know of her now NO chance....Chinese women are not soft and sensual.....

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/china-pays-tribute-to-exhausted-coronavirus-staff-as-hospitals-scramble-for-supplies/news-story/95bb3b067270228d1b34f7fb2754070f Dare to say the China game by Port and the Saints could be cancelled....what a shame.......................................................on the brighter side when I leave in 11 days the airport should be close to deserted with less chance to pick up a bug and a good chance to get a burger at Burger King/Hungry Jacks ....

I have notice with great delight the few times ive ventured downtown the hordes seem more worried about Thais and westerners than the other way around, many are wearing face masks which also acts as a deterrent for several of them talking at the same time at high pitched screeching voices....this I have witnessed first had up close a number of times but not this trip......even it may affect the stock market and seen my shares do a nose dive im more than happy along with Trump "the one who cant be beaten" to see half the there country wiped out .....only becasue of there barbarian like behaviour when in public....ive seen some things that would make your eyes roll.....and lets not talk about my trip to HK 10 or so years ago......thats when I decided NO chance was I going to ever visit China...I did date a Chinese Malay Nurse once who only was Chinese but born in Malaysia (her story) who invited me to go on a trip with her to China, I was seriously thinking about it but ended up decline, dating her for 4 years I got the impression Chinese women were very submissive and extremely sexy and super slim...I found out that all of my thinking was totally WRONG....I did you know play the felid a bit when totally single, I met a few Chinese women along the way....none were submissive super slim or sexy....in fact a common thread weaved through theres persona....just like Thai women they love money and its number 1...unlike Thai women every Chinese is a potential business entrepreneur....and most likely going to be if not already successful....one who use to do my head in a lot.......forget her name now and ended up refusing to do any work for her in a polite way came out to study, (to AU) as a member of the communist party helped her get that permission to leave....when the ruckus of the University protests in that square way back where some were killed the AU gov announced amnesty to students who were already here....she by that time had already gone underground meaning dropped out of school and was working in sweat shops....building her fortune with the issues back home she took the chance too come clean, loving her as the west would, seeing it as a victory over communism they gave her every privilege known to man..... her story she dictated to me..how she got started in real business.....and mate she had 2 restaurants in china town..one very well known....but not by me as i dont eat chink food.....

Doing sweat shop work at home, sewing...and she did have a uni degree by the way....ventured forth into one of the many Chinese restaurant shops run by mum and pops chink of course all around Melbourne...like a cancer on the back of your dog they were everywhere....ordering from the menu....and this woman never misses anything....says to herself...I can cook this....and what she didnt know she would order and do a post mortem on it....not long after she got her first mum and pop Chinese restro going in the burbs....she knew to make money the best way was to "turn them over" so the road to Melbourne City started somewhere like Watsonia 20ks out....each restro got closer to her dream of a big city shop....she started ran for a year and sold till she got to the city....smart girl...but you couldnt work with her.....even her husband refused to join her in AU....he would vist her or she him but hadn't lived with her for 20 ys...even the lure of the money couldnt get him besides her....along the way the savy chick began to collect houses, by the time I got to know her the boutique builder I was doing some work for was building some units for her.....and just like she would do to me later was busting there balls....she of course never missed anything.....she thought she could do well in building....so this building company who by the way was run by a nice Chinese guy who apparently was so rich moved to AU and got involved with building just to have something to do.....as he didnt need to work and was barley 40....hand balled her off to me....by this time she decided she was the builder, gave her a price to frame 2 town houses, and im not expensive im fair but at the same time I expect to make a buck out of it.......two dicks and thats another story undercut me by 20%, I laughed when she said could I do better.....I was happy to get out of it by then...the writing was on the wall....of course these dudes realised they had screwed up.....the original builder had to get involved again and they dragged me into it too...bettween us we got her out of the mess but did you think she learned anything? chasing cheap prices can have big draw backs in building dear sirs....

Smart as a cookie she had amassed a nice portfolio of commercial properties around where I had grown up not to mention the 3 or 4 house's I knew she owned....being close to the tram line too La Trobe Uni which a lot of Chinese went to she decided to pull down one nice house and stick up 16 apartments on 2 levels for students.....again she asked me to price the frame this time I loaded it as there was no chance I was going to physically work on it again she found someone cheaper....she was annoyed I wouldnt do it for less....but gees im not chinese who works for $50 a day....and of course I was roped back in when she burned the framers....not one gang....not two gangs......but 3....she was running the show of course, didnt know a dam thing, bailing up guys who needed to get stuck into it to make a buck and they would end up walking.......I came back the first time to try and smooth it out, anyway after that I refused to even to meet her and yes she had more projects in the pipe line gave her a story I was winding down etc etc.....she was tying up my time and for NOTHING....Anyway this woman who briefly I flirted with the idea of dating as a window of opportunity did appear decided against as I would have to be a yes boy, but then again im sure she would have got me that M3 coupe id dreamed off, by this time she had divorced hubby.......Had gone to China and ordered up big...all windows archs and skirts basins kitchens you name it were bought and loaded to a or several containers and shipped over....Driving by seen gangs of chinks working on her units....by that time many where around she had now found her own type.....to do her work....seriously she was a ball breaker....but smart.....very smart....nothing was to much for her....the only trouble in her life was her son....dead beat he was....im sure he had a job, driving mums BMW pretty much all the time never knew what a days work was like...good time Charlie I use to mentally call him....

Then one nice Friday evening at a latin night club I seen a hot Chineses looking babe in the distance....she I thought was around mid 30s.....she was a serious stunner....I of course raced over once eyes had focused and brain had recorded said events....she wasnt going to leave my clutches and she didnt...all evening....proud to get her number life was beautiful......While gazing at her my mind recorded her as the "up grade" to my Chineses Nurse, similar looks indeed.......  Well I tried and tried but really never ever got far with her, she and I are still friends and we meet up every so often....turned out she was older than what i thought yet to delvge her age by the way.....ive known her about 13 ys now approx.....took the first 3 of them years to find out she was married.....so thats one good reason I never got anywhere with her.....then had to contend with a few more years of her anger during the divorce stage....so by that time my interest was slipping.....she knew I was keen on her...lets say I always made sure she knew that, but once learning of her "drama's" kept a respectable distance as you do waiting for your chance another day......(This in no way slowed me down in keeping my options open by the way) I use to flirt a lot with her and she did love it....im sure people use to think we were a couple....Anyway as the years roll on by you lean a bit about them....her ex had a business and pretty much spent most of the marriage working overseas, they would meet somewhere like Spain for a romantic 3 weeks or he would come home briefly from time to time, she lived in up market Glen Iris.....posh area by the way, her dad was a doctor...yet she never seemed snobby, she said she didnt get on with her sister's husband an aussie Italian builder  and she struggled with her mum.....are you seeing  the picture? she would have driven me nuts too.....a typical cancer the cup is half empty type, procrastinator and somewhat anal...all with a beautiful speaking voice...I still melt when I her her voice over the phone....im sure her ex didnt want to come home too, I was saved by the grace of god praise be to the exulted one up high as I would have jumped in for god dam sure and probably lived to regret it.....the chemistry has faded and what I know of her now NO chance....Chinese women are not soft and sensual.....

Optimized-newgiphy.gif

Edited by Will27

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Saints home game also and no grounds available in Melbourne that weekend.  

14 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Congrats to your boys in the BBL Rip.

Lyon, Smith and Hazlewood were handy inclusions.

Good to see a WA boy get MOM.

Very good news.

The last time the Sixers won Philippe was 14 years old watching them beat the Scorchers in 2012.

• Like 2

Little if any interest shown by members here that the AFL women's league got underway this weekend......only reason I was aware was opening FB and seeing Daisey with twins after a game where Dee's cruise to a stunning 2 point victory overt Fj's beloved Roos.....

If in need of some entertainment today I can recommend "Uncut Gem" staring Adam Sandler out on Netflix you should be able to get it on a download somewhere, Adam and I haven't been getting a long for along time, loved his earlier works and I guess only ever seen him as a comedian, this movie is 2hrs and 20 min long and id say a dark comedy well black.....I thought I would be turning it off but nope....ended up loving it so if you like a black comedy about the life of a guy living on the edge this could be for you...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12307085 Some drama in Korat over night....and ive been there to T21, at first I thought it BKK....T21 in BKK is packed all the time, 20 dead....do they have the death sentence in Thailand?

On a lighter note...  https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=12307046 Pam at 54 and hubby at 74 end there 12 day marriage.....and everyone thought Pam was into Julian holed up in a British jail.....seems the 74 year old Jon still struggles to commit to a relationship....or could he not control her? We WILL never know until she writes that book....

Jen @ 50 https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=12305866 superbowel entertainment.....it was a latin affair....and why not? in Miami known for being the biggest Cuban city outside of Cuba, that outfit tames her latin hips....she obviously does little cardio in the gym other wise them hips would shrink....still a babe and I wouldnt crawl over her to get at Books....or WILL, in fact no one I know....I did watch the game of course and it was a good one too going down to the last quarter, at half time the cameras did swirl around the AListers recognising a number of hangers on wannabes made its there was Rupert and Gerry Hall, he in a baseball cap has adopted well to his new country, even from a far the camera caught every wrinkle on the old dude, hunched over looked a total miss match with the Ex mrs Jagger.....she obviously is in to wrinkles......so there is hope for us old dudes.....and she even pushing into her late 50s is still a babe...

https://www.the42.ie/katy-herron-feature-4997100-Feb2020/ even in the women's AFL there recruiting them from Ireland....Katy is a Bulldog mum at 22 and with a nice smile.....

https://www.thejournal.ie/leap-year-quiz-4996725-Feb2020/ Its a leap year.....for us that are single we need to find a place to hide, I was always under the impression if a woman asked to marry you on a leap year you could not refuse..it helps that Bookman and I are Pigs....were safe I think.....but the Thai women wouldnt know that....I WILL be out of the country soon and no Aussie woman I know wants me that I know....There is a survey or test of your knowledge over this quandary in that article, its sunday you have nothing to do today so do it.....

• Thanks 1