Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

34 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

Why would the Swans want a player with a horror injury run?

If you can get him right, he's an absolute gun.

Depends what you have to give for him but key forwards

like him don't grow on tree's.

I'd be going all out to get him

Buddy ain't getting any younger either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Will27 said:

If you can get him right, he's an absolute gun.

Depends what you have to give for him but key forwards

like him don't grow on tree's.

I'd be going all out to get him

Buddy ain't getting any younger either.

It's a done deal mate.  He'll be a free agent and we will get him for free

21 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

It's a done deal mate.  He'll be a free agent and we will get him for free

Not sure if you will get him for free.

Think he will still be a restricted free agent which means Essendon could match any offer.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

Not sure if you will get him for free.

Think he will still be a restricted free agent which means Essendon could match any offer.

Can't see any club holding a player against their will if they want to go. The clubs like to talk it up, but what would be the point? 

Essendon have also lost their bargaining power to get a good trade. If Daniher doesn't play most of this year, like last year, he is high injury risk and no recent game form.

Compensation pick 2nd rounder

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Can't see any club holding a player against their will if they want to go. The clubs like to talk it up, but what would be the point? 

Essendon have also lost their bargaining power to get a good trade. If Daniher doesn't play most of this year, like last year, he is high injury risk and no recent game form.

Compensation pick 2nd rounder

I think they will receive a first rounder.

They might go to the trade table like when Danger went to Sydney.

Should've flicked him this year methinks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

I think they will receive a first rounder.

They might go to the trade table like when Danger went to Sydney.

Should've flicked him this year methinks.

Given he has been injured and off the park for 2 years a 1st rounder would be high I reckon.

Buddy Franklin as a free agent got the Hawks pick 19 as a compo pick.  

7 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

Hey, we re-signed Sam Reid for 10 years!

Daniher will come to us cheap , and if we can get his injuries right, he is a 60 goal a year forward.  Not many of those around

Sounds like a Harry B  Dee's took a punt on...and cost exactly zero........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

New thinking in the Premier League......and dare I say all codes WILL be watching with interest...https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/03/premier-league-big-six-cash-overseas-tv-rights-rise-35-per-cent/ 4.35 billion pounds, 48% of the mula comes from overseas broadcast revenue, 2019 to 2022...but wait....kicking it around is thinking that the League should do a Netflix style subscription, costs jumping out to they say 70 to 80 quid to watch in GB a month ( there claiming its getting away from the average Joe) the guys kicking it around suggest a approx 10 quid a month subscription world wide claiming they could net 11 billion quid doing it this way....

Set up costs could dampen hope for the EPL thought im sure they could partner up with someone, anyway they are looking into to it and I like the idea, it could be beneficial for a number of codes though realistically they would likely need to partner up with a provider who would then package off in a Netflix format.....the streaming wars are just beginning.....and yes thats someone like Kayo who lets face it is Fox and over priced with a <deleted> line up of programs.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/08/premier-league-netflix-tv-sports-rights read about it here......

• Thanks 1

I must say, it ain't looking good for Beams.

Collingwood star Dayne Beams injured in Melbourne car crash

Witnesses have claimed Collingwood star Dayne Beams was unconscious for as long as 10 minutes following a car accident in Melbourne's east.

The footballer was taken to hospital with minor injuries after his car struck a pole on Park Road at Donvale yesterday.

Photos obtained by 9News show emergency services at the crash site about 4.45pm.

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fimageresiz

Witnesses said the car's airbags went off and the 30-year-old was knocked out by the impact.

The crash also triggered a blackout for local homes for hours after a roadside power pole split.

9News understands the power returned at 2am this morning.

Victoria Police spokeswoman Scout Rigoni said the exact cause of the crash was under investigation.

"The only occupant of the vehicle, a man aged in his 30s, was taken to hospital for observation and assessment," she said.

The club issued a statement today, confirming Beams had been injured in a car crash.

"Collingwood can confirm that Dayne Beams was involved in a motor vehicle accident yesterday afternoon," the statement read.

"Dayne was admitted to hospital with minor injuries from the incident. He remained in hospital overnight."

No one else was injured in the accident.

Beams, who celebrated his 30th birthday on Wednesday, has been absent from the Magpies for several months as he deals with mental health issues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Radar501 said:

WOW!!!!     Been on the dark side of the moon for a few weeks, and I've just had to plough thru seventeen pages of new content........and welcome back Mr Bookman.

February 14,    Happy Valentine's Day y'all.

Chris-Judd-Autobiography.jpg

Thanks radar! good to be back

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I must say, it ain't looking good for Beams.

Collingwood star Dayne Beams injured in Melbourne car crash

Witnesses have claimed Collingwood star Dayne Beams was unconscious for as long as 10 minutes following a car accident in Melbourne's east.

The footballer was taken to hospital with minor injuries after his car struck a pole on Park Road at Donvale yesterday.

Photos obtained by 9News show emergency services at the crash site about 4.45pm.

Witnesses said the car's airbags went off and the 30-year-old was knocked out by the impact.

The crash also triggered a blackout for local homes for hours after a roadside power pole split.

9News understands the power returned at 2am this morning.

Victoria Police spokeswoman Scout Rigoni said the exact cause of the crash was under investigation.

"The only occupant of the vehicle, a man aged in his 30s, was taken to hospital for observation and assessment," she said.

The club issued a statement today, confirming Beams had been injured in a car crash.

"Collingwood can confirm that Dayne Beams was involved in a motor vehicle accident yesterday afternoon," the statement read.

"Dayne was admitted to hospital with minor injuries from the incident. He remained in hospital overnight."

No one else was injured in the accident.

Beams, who celebrated his 30th birthday on Wednesday, has been absent from the Magpies for several months as he deals with mental health issues.

What a mess the Beams affair has become.

Rumour was Eddie paid off his gambling debts

Well chaps its about 5 weeks to go......for the footy to begin....and not a soul has stirred mentioning the tipping that Books is eager to participate in....we should charge him an entrance fee....

Well holy souls..I hear chanting from my open 5th floor condo sliding door....ommmmmm.........WILL has been polishing up the 65inch telly.....Fj getting the chores done, cause hes been super quite here......wonder if his mrs has encouraged him to replace that front window that looks like a pigeon hole?  and I will re subscribe to kayo on return.....which is next week.....

Was out on the town last night...Valenties evening normally I go under ground on the 14th due to not having an interest in my life and there for I feel to cheap to pay for a meal to a woman who just wants to spend valentines evening with a guy...and believe me....in the past ive had women more than keen to meet up on the 14th...at least here in BKK...had one taxi across town at her cost just to have dinner with a man (me, but wouldnt have mattered who just as long as it was a man) on the evening of the 14th......a university lecturer she was.....and probably the dumbest wench ive ever met...accident prone too.....knew her for about 6 months before we met on the 14th, fell down her stairs once and broke her foot, crashed her car....a trail of debris followed her, I of course couldnt believe she actually taught uni kids...anyway she stayed long enough to eat then ran....you know Thais, will travel all day to spend the evening somewhere then travel all day the next day to go home....anyway she met some guy had it plastered all over her timeline in line then 3 months later seen her back in Thai friendly....

I ended up about $130 lighter once dinner drinks and dropping off my friend by taxi at evenings end....known her long a long time to ascertain shes was worth blowing some doe on, Windcheater girl had been angling to coming over last night after work and staying at the time I hadn't realised it was Valentines evening anyway I got out of it and even managed to get her to agree to pay for dinner at wine connection tonight.....she can afford it.....last nights friend pulled out her new iPhone 11pro when grandma called her to check up on her....Windcherater girl has the latest high end Galaxy and me just last years humble XR....im being left behind....ho and there both wearing them fitness wearables too.....at least mine looks like an Apple Watch.....

Well went to Oscars nice bar cum restaurant, little bit pricey especially for drinks...3 wines and a beer over 800....Corona of course...and just $2 dearer than the local brew it was a no brainer...but not cold...wish someone would teach them where the settings are on the f******ing fridge, big problem here that setting....you know they buy the fridge get it installed and forget....the establishment had 1 free ladies drink which my friend didnt like but the hordes of freelancers apparently loved....well I assume they were, well at least half of them....never seen so many women come alone to anywhere in Thailand like this place where no drink is below 180 a pop unless they were getting paid or something for free or both....3 scretchers were sitting besides me especially the one closest to me....mid 30s in after 5 gear looking good but sounding like a train with its brakes jammed on....gave a few looks over my shoulder that didnt work eventually turned with my steak knife in hand with eye brows wrinkled and mouth turned up looking a bit like the devious Jack Nicolson...that did the trick....

These girls of course had a desperado farang feeding there ego...took a good look at him and thought he could do better or was extremely rich...or both..... by 10 the place had turned into a club...I been there before but never seen this so at this point..well 30 min later popped over the road and above the Aussie pub to a new club called bafro...know one of the partners from my salsa trawling of BKK days who invited me to come check it out...totaly different vibe and music to boot...paying for drinks with my credit card becasue its a night club and couldnt fit that amount cash in my wallet stayed 45 min then headed home....

I was reminded this morning I fell asleep in the taxi.....well my excuse is I dont do this sort of thing anymore, grandma was not waiting at the gate so I did proceed home with no stress attached....my friend said she also had given up the hard clubbing life style 7 ys before and now was into beach hills and green pastures, we had meant to go away together this trip but couldnt seem to merge the time at the same time, also destination was an issue...she wanted beach I wanted high country, she even went as far as send me a pic of her in a swim suite to get the point across....anway she changed her tune by yesterday....high country is now on her list of must do soon....so its going to have to be next time....

The monks have fired up again.....Checked out Pattaya earlier in the week....3 nights....ummm....not my thing thats for sure, though do like the hum I get from high density living, interesting concept with a supermarket of disinterested hookers lining up the walk of shame alone the beach road....like the taxi drivers in BKK they have got in most cases zero customer service knowledge....around 50% are on there phones, 30% are in groups and not engaging as you walk by 10% are just oblivious to you full stop then most of the remaining 10% throw a dumb smile with a few " can go with you?" or words to that affect...quality was a little higher than expected but not by much, this was a pure reconnaissance mission to see if I could fit in with all the dead beats and desperates, so what did I learn?

Stay further way from Walking St, stay 5 nights instead of 2 weeks...learn to sleep during the day as unlikely to get better by going out before 11 pm...my sleep pattern has been thrown out, walk slower as I did miss a couple of good ones as my policy is never to look or go back...or get a wife....

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Thechook said:

Don't worry Alex you know I always set it up.  And who's in for fantasy

3 out of 4 years being at the top took it out of me young man......tell ya what....get Books playing fantasy football and im in......this I got to see....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

3 out of 4 years being at the top took it out of me young man......tell ya what....get Books playing fantasy football and im in......this I got to see....

You won 3 out 4 years?

You said before that coming second or third is the same as finishing last.

I would have thought so many years of defeat had worn you out 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

You won 3 out 4 years?

You said before that coming second or third is the same as finishing last.

I would have thought so many years of defeat had worn you out 

come on fella...your so good you tell us all lets see how good in fantasy footy you are....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

I'm guessing Mr Martin doesn't have any rockets in his backyard.

I wouldn't like to be in his lawyers shoes though.

No sympathy for me.

If he behaved himself, he'd still have his visa.

• Like 2