Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

You're a good man.

I don't want to reveal too much but I will tell you of one trade I think he is interested in

Sydney is willing to give 4 players in exchange for Nathan Fyfe.

We will give Tommy tradebait Mitchell, Sam Reid, Mike pike, and Cam McCarthy.

Chimpy and I reckon it is a great deal and Ross seems quite interested at this stage

You're a good man.

I don't want to reveal too much but I will tell you of one trade I think he is interested in

Chimpy and I reckon it is a great deal and Ross seems quite interested at this stage

BookMan, seems you will have to throw in a sweetener to get the new 1 million dollar man.

Throw in Aliir Aliir and a carton of Red Rocks and you might have a sneaky chance.

Fyfe joins AFL’s million-dollar club

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/30810958/fyfe-joins-afls-1m-club/

• Like 1

You're a good man.

BookMan, seems you will have to throw in a sweetener to get the new 1 million dollar man.

Throw in Aliir Aliir and a carton of Red Rocks and you might have a sneaky chance.

Fyfe joins AFL’s million-dollar club

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/30810958/fyfe-joins-afls-1m-club/

Ailir might be worth keeping at this stage but we will happily throw in Tom derickx

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

• Like 1

For those (like me) who couldn't open it.

Garry Lyon and best friend Bill Brownless in feud that is threatening AFL Footy Show line-up

EXCLUSIVE: A feud between Garry Lyon and best friend Bill Brownless has threatened to disrupt the make-up of The Footy Show this year.

The Herald Sun understands the two have fallen out over a deeply private matter which has affected both Lyon and Brownless personally.

Brownless is said to be devastated by the turn of events and has conceded to friends that his mateship with Lyon is virtually over.

It’s believed Lyon, who is said to be under incredible stress because of the situation, hasn’t yet committed to the season-opening show, expected to be on March 23, the day before the AFL season kicks off at the MCG.

The probability of Brownless and Lyon working together this year remains remote.

To complicate matters, Brownless’ former wife Nicki and Lyon’s wife Melissa were understood to be best buddies as well, with both families frequently holidaying together.

Both Lyon and Brownless, who were contemporaries on the field and have worked together on The Footy Show for at least 15 years, did not return calls from Herald Sun last night.

A senior Channel Nine executive also did not return calls yesterday.

It’s understood people at Channel Nine are aware of the details of why the friendship took a sudden nosedive.

Lyon and Brownless underpin Channel Nine’s flagship sports show, with their blokey humour and close relationship a winner with viewers.

Lyon’s camaraderie with Sam Newman is also a reason why the show has been a TV phenomenon.

Brownless and Lyon are also key on-air talent at radio station Triple M, although the pair are not on the air together.

Lyon is the face of the station’s game coverage on Friday night and Saturday, while Brownless does a weekday program with James Brayshaw, who is also the co-host of The Footy Show.

Sources told the Herald Sun yesterday Brownless was unaware if he was appearing on the The Footy Show this year.

Lyon’s position will be determined over the coming weeks.

A TV institution, The Footy Show and Brownless came under fire late last year when he called a mother and daughter “strippers” at a junior football function.

AFL chief Gillon McLachlan spoke to Channel Nine managing director Ian Paterson about the sexist gaffes.

It was a difficult year for the ever-popular Brownless.

In July, he spoke of the pain caused by the split with Nicki.

“I didn’t see it coming, so that hurt,” Brownless said.

“And I took a while to get over it. But you’ve got to get back up because that’s what I do, you’ve got to be up and bubbly. We all get down but it’s about getting back on the bike.”

• Like 2

Or

Go Go Fyfe, it's a great deal

Go Get F^*@ sounds like a more appropriate deal. smile.png

Geez, that isn't the message Chimpy is getting from Rossco... he seems very keen, according to chimps.

Maybe Ross is thinking of heading to Sydney? After all, your best assistant coach in Brert Kirk left for Sydney last year

Garry Lyon and best friend Bill Brownless in feud that is threatening AFL Footy Show line-up

EXCLUSIVE: A feud between Garry Lyon and best friend Bill Brownless has threatened to disrupt the make-up of The Footy Show this year.

The Herald Sun understands the two have fallen out over a deeply private matter which has affected both Lyon and Brownless personally.

Brownless is said to be devastated by the turn of events and has conceded to friends that his mateship with Lyon is virtually over.

It’s believed Lyon, who is said to be under incredible stress because of the situation, hasn’t yet committed to the season-opening show, expected to be on March 23, the day before the AFL season kicks off at the MCG.

The probability of Brownless and Lyon working together this year remains remote.

To complicate matters, Brownless’ former wife Nicki and Lyon’s wife Melissa were understood to be best buddies as well, with both families frequently holidaying together.

Both Lyon and Brownless, who were contemporaries on the field and have worked together on The Footy Show for at least 15 years, did not return calls from Herald Sun last night.

It’s understood people at Channel Nine are aware of the details of why the friendship took a sudden nosedive.

Lyon and Brownless underpin Channel Nine’s flagship sports show, with their blokey humour and close relationship a winner with viewers.

Lyon’s camaraderie with Sam Newman is also a reason why the show has been a TV phenomenon.

Brownless and Lyon are also key on-air talent at radio station Triple M, although the pair are not on the air together.

Lyon is the face of the station’s game coverage on Friday night and Saturday, while Brownless does a weekday program with James Brayshaw, who is also the co-host of The Footy Show.

Sources told the Herald Sun yesterday Brownless was unaware if he was appearing on the The Footy Show this year.

A TV institution, The Footy Show and Brownless came under fire late last year when he called a mother and daughter “strippers” at a junior football function.

AFL chief Gillon McLachlan spoke to Channel Nine managing director Ian Paterson about the sexist gaffes.

“And I took a while to get over it. But you’ve got to get back up because that’s what I do, you’ve got to be up and bubbly. We all get down but it’s about getting back on the bike.”

Something to do with the marriage split up? Unwanted advice? Lack of support?

Hopefully not a Wayne Carey incident...

Or

Geez, that isn't the message Chimpy is getting from Rossco... he seems very keen, according to chimps.

Maybe Ross is thinking of heading to Sydney? After all, your best assistant coach in Brert Kirk left for Sydney last year

You mean this bloke?

• Like 1

Or

You mean this bloke?

Bahahaahahaha, what a tosser!
  • Like 1

Something to do with the marriage split up? Unwanted advice? Lack of support?

Hopefully not a Wayne Carey incident...

If I were a betting man, I reckon the story involves a penis.

Or at least a "dxxkhxxd"

Edited by joboss
  • Like 1

You mean this bloke?

Some quality footage there...you can see why he was so highly valued at Freo... The entire freo team at the airport, not a dry eye in the group, as Kirky's plane left for his final destination of Sydney

You might remember Chimpy reporting from the Swans pre season training last year, on some of Kirky's new coaching methods.

He really does like the players to feel good about themselves, to open up, to share, to communicate their most in depth feelings and dreams and hopes for the future.

Chimpy has an open invitation this year from Kirky and Johnny L to come along and see what teh group are doing. Bring your own candle and Yoga mats!

The plot thickens

Garry Lyon to stand down from media roles as he seeks treatment for mental health condition

By

9NEWS

Garry Lyon. (File image)

The Footy Show and Footy Classified co-host Garry Lyon will stand down from media duties while he takes time to recover from an ongoing mental health condition.

The full Nine Network statement is below:

Garry Lyon will stand down from his various media duties while he seeks treatment for an ongoing mental health condition.

For several months The Footy Show and Footy Classified co-host has been suffering from a serious mental health condition and he will take time out from all media roles to recover. There is no set timeframe as to when he will return to television.

“We are all supporting Garry and hope he will be back to good health very soon. Our priority is his wellbeing,” said Ian Paterson, Managing Director Nine Melbourne.

“Garry has our full support. From here on, it’s a private and personal matter and we ask that be respected.”

The Footy Show will return next month. James Brayshaw will host the show solo until Garry is fit to return.

Damian Barrett will fill in for Garry on Footy Classified during his absence.

© ninemsn 2016

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/entertainment/2016/02/13/14/08/the-footy-show-cohost-garry-lyon-stand-down-mental-health-condition#Qm0rIz8uBrm83bGy.99
  • Like 1

Some quality footage there...you can see why he was so highly valued at Freo... The entire freo team at the airport, not a dry eye in the group, as Kirky's plane left for his final destination of Sydney

You might remember Chimpy reporting from the Swans pre season training last year, on some of Kirky's new coaching methods.

He really does like the players to feel good about themselves, to open up, to share, to communicate their most in depth feelings and dreams and hopes for the future.

Chimpy has an open invitation this year from Kirky and Johnny L to come along and see what teh group are doing. Bring your own candle and Yoga mats!

I heard that when he asked Freo for a transfer back to the Swans, they gave him 2 application forms in case he lost onetongue.png

• Like 1

I heard that when he asked Freo for a transfer back to the Swans, they gave him 2 application forms in case he lost onetongue.png

I heard the same thing about the applications, but that Ross asked Kirky to fill one in for him too

• Like 1

I wonder what's really happening with Garry Lyon and Billy Brownless. The true story will come out. It always does. Anyone heard a rumour?

A longtime friendship beyond repair, both wives get a mention... seems only one way this is headed

Edited by kkerry
  • Like 1