Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

What did you make of Jetta's 1st appearance in the blue and gold boys.

I did not see the game fj what was your take on him

I saw him run over to take a kick from a point to double his stats.biggrin.png

Seriously i can understand key position players not getting a kick in a scrambling game that offers poor delivery but his effort was heartless

unless the coach told him not to go near the ball to keep his opposition away from it.

There was more to like about 10 other youngsters that had a dip.

I missed the second half, thankfully.

Was flicking between the game and the cricket.

TBH, I didn't even realise he was playing until

you mentioned it. I never saw him at all?

• Like 2

What did you make of Jetta's 1st appearance in the blue and gold boys.

I did not see the game fj what was your take on him

Seriously i can understand key position players not getting a kick in a scrambling game that offers poor delivery but his effort was heartless

unless the coach told him not to go near the ball to keep his opposition away from it.

you mentioned it. I never saw him at all

Okay then it looks like he is still sulking. Maybe he want to come back to Sydney

Personally i think Mills will struggle for time to deliver the ball properly in a normal fixture with his ball drop.

Not to say he wont modify it over time.

The Swans did dig in when the rain came and had the aid of a 14 goal breeze.biggrin.png

i only saw the first quarter but sydney defence didnt look great... seeing as port was missing 15 players...

tippet seemed back to his worst early on... doing everything to avoid taking a mark or leading...

on a brighter note. Majak Daw looked like he has picked up a lot of pace and was running after the contest.

im looking firward to watching him every week

A lot to like and a lot to dislike from the boys today...

Callum Mills - future brownlow winner... Racked up 22 touches in his first senior(ish) game..

Callum Sinclair - looks like Sam Reid will have to find a new nickname...

Buddy - looked good, looked like he was enjoying himself out there...

SpiderMan - I'm taking a punt on him at 34/1 for the brownlow this year, especially if he gets through injury free...

Isaac Heeney - would do well to ditch his missus... Sluggish and taken off looking worried about his knee..

Jordan Dawson - diamond in the rough? Lynchy seemed to think so and Dunstall was about to blow his load over him as well..

George Hewitt - like the look of this kid, probably still needs to find his feet but didn't look too out of his depth.

Dean Towers - looked good today, kicked the Swans only super goal (with a little help from the umps) but also got a little bit cocky in the final quarter, would've liked to see him more focussed..

Rampe - how he made the leadership group is beyond me, bloke needs a <deleted> haircut...

Cinderella - I think Lynchy summed it up best when he said that he's better suited as a ruckman with the ability to roam forward... I think he was most effective in and around the ruck today.. Seems to be taking yoga lessons

Hanners - not as solid as Parker, but, wasn't afraid to get in amongst it..

Kennedy - still getting used to being a dad I reckon...

Grundy - why oh why... Sluggish and uninterested, will struggle this season..

As for Port...

Well... They had plenty go against them today... Especially the last quarter.. When you're kicking the ball forward off the half back flank and your half back takes the mark in your defensive 50, things aren't going your way...

Neade was the standout, bloke never gave up...

AlexRRR will be disappointed that Jimmy Toumpas also seems to be thriving at Alberton, played pretty solid...

Both sides I felt lacked pace (the last quarter not withstanding) and the Swans definitely lacked polish...

Nice summary GS

Just caught the replay and didn't mind some things in the end

Defence was a bit haphazard, but we can put a lot of this down to lack of tackling by the Swans. It's a big part of their game, and the orders were out for the day to avoid injury and tackling.

Likewise Brandon BJ Jack and Tommy Tradebait Mitchell must have been under orders to maintain their ineffective disposal rate. I think Tommy had one of his shots for goals and missed the lot.

I liked Dean Towers. He can stay and play some more

The BIG boy Toby Nankervis would be great to see him step up and into the ruck. He has some decent size. Didn't mind Callum Sinclair either. Still hard to believe West Coast would give him up... Apparently West Coast hasn't bothered to teach him some basic marking techniques so we will have to get to work on that.

Hair Nets. Good grief! Both Tippet and Dane Golden Locks Rampe have decided they are Samson like and cannot possibly get their flowing locks cut off. Better to get the strands under the hair net and away from the eyes rather than the simplicity of using some scissors.

Rampe spent 23% of his on field time last year flicking the hair away from his eyes and i suspect he couldn't even see the ball some times. If they must wear them I'd like to see the hair nets come in the Swans colors and logos.

Heeney looked on song, before being taken off with some knee issue. He is so clean and quick with his decisions and ball movements.

Callum Mills looks the goods. Shouldn't expect too much of an 18 year old in his first year, but we will anyway.

Cunningham looked good, and Parker back in form

Steak-knives Talia didn't show much, and we probably could have offered some sporks for him.

Franklin, imposible to judge based on that run... Not sure what he was doing. Maybe part of his return therapy to just run around playing all positions and have a bit of fun.

I am a strong advocate for trying all positions

Brownlow wise...well. I feel for the Sydney boys. So much talent cannibalizing each others votes week in week out. kennedy, Hannebery, Parker, Heeney, Mills, Franklin...Not like the one man band Fyfe over at Freo grabbing armfuls of cheap votes

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Personally i think Mills will struggle for time to deliver the ball properly in a normal fixture with his ball drop.

Not to say he wont modify it over time.

The Swans did dig in when the rain came and had the aid of a 14 goal breeze.biggrin.png

i only saw the first quarter but sydney defence didnt look great... seeing as port was missing 15 players...

tippet seemed back to his worst early on... doing everything to avoid taking a mark or leading...

on a brighter note. Majak Daw looked like he has picked up a lot of pace and was running after the contest.

im looking firward to watching him every week

A lot to like and a lot to dislike from the boys today...

Callum Mills - future brownlow winner... Racked up 22 touches in his first senior(ish) game..

Callum Sinclair - looks like Sam Reid will have to find a new nickname...

Buddy - looked good, looked like he was enjoying himself out there...

SpiderMan - I'm taking a punt on him at 34/1 for the brownlow this year, especially if he gets through injury free...

Isaac Heeney - would do well to ditch his missus... Sluggish and taken off looking worried about his knee..

Jordan Dawson - diamond in the rough? Lynchy seemed to think so and Dunstall was about to blow his load over him as well..

George Hewitt - like the look of this kid, probably still needs to find his feet but didn't look too out of his depth.

Dean Towers - looked good today, kicked the Swans only super goal (with a little help from the umps) but also got a little bit cocky in the final quarter, would've liked to see him more focussed..

Rampe - how he made the leadership group is beyond me, bloke needs a <deleted> haircut...

Cinderella - I think Lynchy summed it up best when he said that he's better suited as a ruckman with the ability to roam forward... I think he was most effective in and around the ruck today.. Seems to be taking yoga lessons

Hanners - not as solid as Parker, but, wasn't afraid to get in amongst it..

Kennedy - still getting used to being a dad I reckon...

Grundy - why oh why... Sluggish and uninterested, will struggle this season..

As for Port...

Well... They had plenty go against them today... Especially the last quarter.. When you're kicking the ball forward off the half back flank and your half back takes the mark in your defensive 50, things aren't going your way...

Neade was the standout, bloke never gave up...

AlexRRR will be disappointed that Jimmy Toumpas also seems to be thriving at Alberton, played pretty solid...

Both sides I felt lacked pace (the last quarter not withstanding) and the Swans definitely lacked polish...

Nice summary GS

Just caught the replay and didn't mind some things in the end

Defence was a bit haphazard, but we can put a lot of this down to lack of tackling by the Swans. It's a big part of their game, and the orders were out for the day to avoid injury and tackling.

Likewise Brandon BJ Jack and Tommy Tradebait Mitchell must have been under orders to maintain their ineffective disposal rate. I think Tommy had one of his shots for goals and missed the lot.

I liked Dean Towers. He can stay and play some more

The BIG boy Toby Nankervis would be great to see him step up and into the ruck. He has some decent size. Didn't mind Callum Sinclair either. Still hard to believe West Coast would give him up... Apparently West Coast hasn't bothered to teach him some basic marking techniques so we will have to get to work on that.

Hair Nets. Good grief! Both Tippet and Dane Golden Locks Rampe have decided they are Samson like and cannot possibly get their flowing locks cut off. Better to get the strands under the hair net and away from the eyes rather than the simplicity of using some scissors.

Rampe spent 23% of his on field time last year flicking the hair away from his eyes and i suspect he couldn't even see the ball some times. If they must wear them I'd like to see the hair nets come in the Swans colors and logos.

Heeney looked on song, before being taken off with some knee issue. He is so clean and quick with his decisions and ball movements.

Callum Mills looks the goods. Shouldn't expect too much of an 18 year old in his first year, but we will anyway.

Cunningham looked good, and Parker back in form

Steak-knives Talia didn't show much, and we probably could have offered some sporks for him.

Franklin, imposible to judge based on that run... Not sure what he was doing. Maybe part of his return therapy to just run around playing all positions and have a bit of fun.

I am a strong advocate for trying all positions

Brownlow wise...well. I feel for the Sydney boys. So much talent cannibalizing each others votes week in week out. kennedy, Hannebery, Parker, Heeney, Mills, Franklin...Not like the one man band Fyfe over at Freo grabbing armfuls of cheap votes

You haven't changed and are still talking crap.

• Like 1

you mentioned it. I never saw him at all

Okay then it looks like he is still sulking. Maybe he want to come back to Sydney

Maybe he's not sulking.

Maybe he's just a classic downhill skier.

I didn't see enough of him in Sydney to make the call as yet.

I'd imagine he'll get a million possessions next game at Subi when WC play a stronger side.

Too early to rate the swap for Sinkers.

• Like 1

The first female AFL field umpire will officiate on Sunday for the Nab Challenge game Carlon V Essendon.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-22/eleni-glouftsis-to-become-afls-first-female-field-umpire/7189716

Photo include in story.

It will bring some interest to the game

Yep seems to be the way footy is going.

Give 10 years of the girls comp then they will want to play with the boys.

The tackle will be gone by then.

• Like 1

The first female AFL field umpire will officiate on Sunday for the Nab Challenge game Carlon V Essendon.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-22/eleni-glouftsis-to-become-afls-first-female-field-umpire/7189716

Photo include in story.

I wonder which commentator will be the first to say if she had played with men she would understand the game better
  • Like 1

TRLSHARLEY.jpg

Harley Bennell trained with the main group for the first time on Monday.

Recruit Harley Bennell made his first appearance with the main training group, and displayed his renowned pace and skills.

HBLS2.jpg

Bennell ran hard throughout training, and covered a lot of the ground before delighting onlookers with a goal from 40 metres out on the boundary

Photo include in story.

I wonder which commentator will be the first to say if she had played with men she would understand the game better

I'm not that old and when i played girls had to give the game away at 12 years old because of certain body parts.

Are they saying they don't excist in aussie women anymore.laugh.png

I'm not that old and when i played girls had to give the game away at 12 years old because of certain body parts.

Would have been men making up those rues back in the day. Poor fragile little girls...

In reality, the dangly bits of a man are far more prone to being lacerated or torn off

Visually, women look better too

TRLSHARLEY.jpg

Harley Bennell trained with the main group for the first time on Monday.

Recruit Harley Bennell made his first appearance with the main training group, and displayed his renowned pace and skills.

HBLS2.jpg

Bennell ran hard throughout training, and covered a lot of the ground before delighting onlookers with a goal from 40 metres out on the boundary

He is looking fit and hungry there.

if he can stay away form the nose powder he could have a blinder of a year... or maybe it helps him

• Like 1

Would have been men making up those rues back in the day. Poor fragile little girls...

In reality, the dangly bits of a man are far more prone to being lacerated or torn off

There's a game for women,it's called netball.

Josh Bruce Signals his intention to leave St Kilda

OUT-OF-CONTRACT St Kilda forward Josh Bruce is happy to stay at the Saints but isn’t in a hurry to sign a new deal.

As previously reported by AFL.com.au, St Kilda and Bruce’s management have opened talks about a new contract and the Saints are confident he will stay at the club.

Bruce said he wasn't in a rush to pen a new deal.

"I think my manager and the club are in talks at the moment. I’m obviously happy at the Saints but I don’t think we’re in a massive rush," Bruce said on Monday.

"At this stage, [i’m] pretty happy."

The 23-year-old kicked 50 goals last year in his breakout season. He had mostly played as a defender in his two years at GWS before being traded to St Kilda at the end of 2013 for pick No. 48.

The Saints are planning on playing Bruce and 2014 No.1 draft pick Paddy McCartin together in attack.

Captain Nick Riewoldt will continue to play up forward but coach Alan Richardson recently told AFL.com.au the champion may spend more time in the midfield.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-22/josh-bruce-happy-at-saints-but-in-no-rush-to-sign-new-contract

You haven't changed and are still talking crap.

Chimpy tells me I have changed a lot this past year. Far more handsome

Complements from a monkey that sleeps on the fan,,,

U must be a hansum fella.

Edited by joboss
  • Like 1

There's a game for women,it's called netball.

Emptyball......

• Like 2

Buckley confident as he enters 5th year of his 10 year rebuild plan...

Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley denies there is any added pressure on his shoulders heading into season 2016 and welcomes the heightened expectations surrounding him and his team.

This season is widely viewed as the most important of Buckley's coaching career given the Magpies have gradually declined in each of his four years at the helm.

Collingwood have gone from being preliminary finalists in 2012 to losing an elimination final in 2013 to finishing 11th in 2014 and ending up in 12th spot last season.

But despite having recently missed out on finals action in consecutive years for the first time in a decade, Buckley is extremely bullish of what his playing list can achieve.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/collingwood-magpies/outofcontract-collingwood-coach-nathan-buckley-not-feeling-added-pressure-this-season-20160223-gn1dca.html#ixzz4134kWDr8
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook