Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Quick straw poll gang.

Can anyone see one of last years top 4 teams dropping out this year?

And if so, who will replace them?

For me, I reckon the 4 will stay the same, maybe not in the same order though.

Double post

Edited by farmerjo

Grey areas in third man up need addressing

Have a look at this, he spoke well and made a a lot of sense I thought. Didn't duck anything including the fact that Fremantle are also guilty of using the tactic.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2016-02-24/lyons-plan-for-sandi-absence

It's a hard one Ron,

I've always been an advocate of clearing players away from ball ups and that would help,ok two go up from one team but your one short on the ground and it evens up.

It's got to the point it's just a scramble around the ball now,handballs look more like throws than throws do and how you can handball over your head behind you is beyond me.

Instead off having to change rules all the time,clearing the players away from the ball would do the same.

I've watched that incident a few times and it appears to me Sandilands has been penalised for being too tall.

Agree with you on that but can't agree with the MRP not looking at the incident also in the 3rd quarter of Fyfe being gang tackled in particular No6 Richmond coming in late and putting in a couple of good ones.

• Like 1

For what I'm worth fellas, Tigers to go up and up, and Hawks to go down down down, in the 8 hovering around 4, 5 and 6 all year...is what my crystal ball sees....Freo a real chance to slip down too...this season we will see how good Chooks mate Lyon is, since they didnt plug that hole in offence...though the word is that there made a move on Hogan, he's not out of contract till end of 17 so he is unless to them in this premiership window, In my book the Hawks are ageing no half a dozen 300 gamers this time and the desire is spent, if they play Collingwood in a final this season they can kiss there backsides goodbye, as when we played them for 4 on the trot the heavy hands came out...

Hardwick and Lyon are the 2 best coaches that haven't won a flag coaching right now, Longmire in my humble opinion is also a very good coach, they have a great system up there and i can't see them slipping out of the top 4.

Scott and North are due to kick arse and lets not forget the other Scott and the Cats best at recruiting this season and already more than a decent team..the 4 could look a lot different that it has for a couple of years.

Hawthorn could slip right back... but then again..

AS you say, they have some aging players and bench rotations are down to 90 this year, from 120, but no Sub. So in some ways that is one full quarter less of rotations.

Some teams with older key players might find it tougher towards the end of a game, inc.. Freo, North and Hawthorn. Western Bulldogs defensive unit also comes to mind.

HOgan announced he will put off contract tals until the end of this year, with his contract to run to the end of 2017... Not what Melbourne want to hear, so I hope for their sakes they have a good season.

Hawthorn will probably snaffle him..

• Like 2

I wouldn't read to much into hogan putting off contract talks, he's yet unproven one season does not make you a star, his manager knows it, if they sign up now he would come cheap but if another solid year his pay could double, there also waiting on the out come of new player payment talks this year, Dees in the box seat for him to stay, 3rd year player isn't going anywhere, and let's not forget afl isn't soccer where 2 or 3 new players can move a team way up the ladder, if he stays or if he goes won't make much difference to where we end up on the ladder.

And further more you can bet your bottom dollar the afl powers want the kid in a Dee's jumper full stop, if for anything at least for marketing

• Like 2

Wow bookie....only 20 min and you got 3 hungry tipsters already....some of you guys just can't wait....and who's the Blue?

Radar501 by the looks of things

Who is Radar? to embarrassed to post the few years?

He's posted a number of times the last couple of years...

I'm sure we will see a lot more of him this year

Collingwood deny 100% Ben Reid injured again.. Sydney to soon announce Sam 'Butterfingers' Reid, also 100% definitely not injured...maybe

COLLINGWOOD has rejected claims that key defender Ben Reid has suffered a setback with his troublesome calf.

Reid failed to train on Tuesday, sparking rumours he had again seriously injured his calf.

However Magpies football chief Neil Balme hosed down speculation, declaring it was a long-term plan for the 2011 All Australian to miss the club's NAB Challenge opener against Geelong on Friday night.

"He certainly hasn't torn his calf. I can certainly answer that," Balme said on SEN on Friday morning.

"He might be a bit sore, he might be a bit this.

"He'll play in the NAB Challenge and that's what we've always planned for him to do. No one's going to play three games.

"Watch this space on Reidy."

The speculation came after Reid was one of the standout players in last Thursday night's intraclub game at Olympic Park Oval.

The 26-year-old moved without restriction and showed how important he will be to the team's fortunes this season with expert set-up play from the back half.

Coach Nathan Buckley said on Tuesday that Reid had completed 75-80 per cent of the pre-season, giving himself a good chance at an uninterrupted year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-26/pies-hose-down-ben-reid-injury-speculation

ST Kilda send their Top 100 ranked players to Charity Cricket match...

St Kilda FC criticised after none of its players turn up for charity cricket match with Seaford Cricket ClubHE Saints were meant to come marching into Seaford last night for a charity cricket match.

But not one player from the AFL club turned up for the McGrath Foundation Pink Stumps breast cancer fundraiser against Seaford Tigers Cricket Club.

St Kilda has been slammed for showing “contempt” towards the fixture and the Frankston community. Last year the match raised $5000 for charity.

The Saints chose the date of this year’s match with the Tigers, but were represented by only one person, understood to have been an office intern.

The Saints even tweeted the event three days ago.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/south-east/st-kilda-fc-criticised-after-none-of-its-players-turn-up-for-charity-cricket-match-with-seaford-cricket-club/news-story/5ad81a646dd871bed3b4eef9b421d209

Signed up for tipping so far:

Bookman

Ripstanley

Will27

Alexrrr

Farmerjo

Joboss

Radar501

+

Ron19

GrantSmith

Sceadunga

If you think you joined the tipping and your name doesn't appear on the list it means you are not in the comp yet

If anyone has any issues problems when joining up you can PM me

Bookman

Ripstanley

Will27

Alexrrr

Farmerjo

Joboss

Radar501

+

Ron19

GrantSmith

Sceadunga

If you think you joined the tipping and your name doesn't appear on the list it means you are not in the comp yet

Can you do anything about getting old and silly? rolleyes.gif

Looks like you made it into the comp okay Scea

• Like 2

Bookman

Ripstanley

Will27

Alexrrr

Farmerjo

Joboss

Radar501

+

Ron19

GrantSmith

Sceadunga

Can you do anything about getting old and silly? rolleyes.gif

I don't know but if you find out can you let me know.

• Like 2

Well...isnt Apple/AFL quick to take your money and give you nothing......signed up for AFL live this morning, everything went smooth and quick, Dees playing a practice game this afternoon so i thought i would watch it....used the already AFL app on my iPad to do it all, once transaction was completed tried to log in....nope looks like i need a Telstra id....dont have one....god dam amazing...money has gone apple has taken it and confirmed, first call to telstra send me to filipino call centre who have no idea what AFL is...move to another sweet young thing, call is terminated....wonderful start to the day...second call....on hold.....music playing....ummm....ive got 3 hours to get this resolved....somehow i have a feeling it won't be today.

• Like 2

Yep i was right not going to get resolved today....second call did manage to get my telstra id......i have landline and net with this company but only because they pretty much have the monopoly in this area, i have mobile with an independent and thats the sticking point it seems......to get AFL live you need a telstra mobile.....if this is the case wouldn't it have been polite when signing up that there would have been points to be checked off before the quick grab of your $?.

Its a saturday no one is manning an office in Australia and that practice game I'm going to miss.