Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Well blow me down, Essendon 52 up late in the third...but wait...theres more to go with the steak knives....its a practice game and the first for the season....Blues can and will in prove....we think, where the other mob...well....say no more.

smile.pngbiggrin.pngclap2.gif 60 points

Edited by joboss
  • Like 1

I bet London to a brick that Woosha has told the boys that he wants to see them do beyond their best to win every game that they play this year.

Be it practice, NAB, Home & Away, all, and if they actually get in the finals it will be because they deserve to be there.

I bet London to a brick that Woosha has told the boys that he wants to see them do beyond their best to win every game that they play this year.

Be it practice, NAB, Home & Away, all, and if they actually get in the finals it will be because they deserve to be there.

Rather fanciful thoughts there from the western australian......

• Like 1

I think Caaaarlton got more of a surprise with that result than Essendon did.

As we saw with Hawks yesterday,leave out your best six and you get walloped.

There was enough to like about the Bombers that they wont finish last.

Come on Jo....brave statement for just one game...if the Bomber can do the Blues by 60 then how good are the Dees doing Port by 15 i think? and holding them scoreless in the third i might ask....

Put your money on the table, bets of less than $100 not allowed....Bomber for wooden spoon.....gees some people get excited easy...

• Like 1

Come on Jo....brave statement for just one game...if the Bomber can do the Blues by 60 then how good are the Dees doing Port by 15 i think? and holding them scoreless in the third i might ask....

Put your money on the table, bets of less than $100 not allowed....Bomber for wooden spoon.....gees some people get excited easy...

I'll just take it as you wont be tipping the bombers this year.biggrin.png

Can i add the Dee's brought P/A down to their level,then left them there.A lot of sides wont fall for that.tongue.png

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 2

Can i add the Dee's brought P/A down to their level,then left them there.A lot of sides wont fall for that.tongue.png

if u take chad wingards ego into consideration port will be playing with 19 this yeat

Thanks BM for posting "http://vaughnlive.tv/afldude"

Watching the Dockers v Crows game at Mt Barker now.

Picture was a bit jumpy but now had a couple of beers and things are looking better.

Currently FFC 63 Crows 57 .

Enjoying the game.

Yeah, a great find, apparently the guy streams AFL games regularly.

Enjoyed a bit of footy and the Crows losing by a few points was a bonus.... smile.png

Edited by sceadugenga
  • Like 2

Thanks BM for posting "http://vaughnlive.tv/afldude"

Watching the Dockers v Crows game at Mt Barker now.

Picture was a bit jumpy but now had a couple of beers and things are looking better.

Currently FFC 63 Crows 57 .

Enjoying the game.

Watched it myself on the AFL site and it was the same.Not a major problem probably had something to do with the signal from Mt Barker.

• Like 1

I think its safe to say i will start with 21 wins on the board in tipping, and a few more with the Dees since everyone thinks we will stray crap for ever.

• Like 1

I think its safe to say i will start with 21 wins on the board in tipping, and a few more with the Dees since everyone thinks we will stray crap for ever.

forever is a long time... though it will be extended when u lose Hogan to Freo

The truth is out in this mornings paper over the Bombers big win...the Blues put out a side with most of there good ordinary players out....no contest...im a believer that things like this are done for a reason, its pretty obvious if the Bombers were humiliated by the Blues where they were heading this season in terms of support and bums on seats and lets not forget ratings on free to air as well as foxtel.

On the other hand as Parkin pointed out the Blues missed a golden opportunity to build what should have been a win or at least a fiercely competitive game.

Meanwhile Hogan won't be going anywhere so dreamers can dream, BOOKIE, we saw what happened to the million $ a season full forward the Bulldogs recruited last season, hardly impressive and won't the blow touch be on him this season if he fails to kick 80 plus goals....Jack Watts can relax, by the way he was given some kudos for his game on the weekend.....

• Like 2

Brisbane desperate for a coach in 2017... forced to resign Leppa

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-29/resigning-of-lions-coach-leppitsch-is-imminent

THE RE-SIGNING of Brisbane Lions coach Justin Leppitsch is imminent, says CEO Greg Swann.

Leppitsch is out of contract at the end of 2016, and his one-year extension is "close".

"We're controlling the message – we'll announce it when we need to, but it's not far away," Swann said on Monday morning.

"More than likely it (one year) will be the option. I'll let you know when it's done."

Leppitsch has won 11 of his first 44 games in charge, but after stripping the Lions list back and rebuilding from scratch, the club believes he deserves longer to prove his worth.

'Melbourne Player lays tackle..fined for suspicious behaviour'

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-29/young-demon-avoids-ban-for-sling-tackle

MELBOURNE draftee Clayton Oliver has avoided suspension for a sling tackle on Port Adelaide's Aaron Young, with the Match Review Panel handing him a $1500 fine.

Oliver's tackle was graded careless with low impact to the head after Young avoided any injury as a result of the tackle, which sparked remonstrations from his Port teammates.

He can accept a $1000 fine and his first strike for a low-level offence with an early guilty plea.

The AFL is cracking down further on dangerous tackles this season, with umpires and the Match Review Panel instructed to apply a stricter adjudication and interpretation of tackles made with a lifting, slinging or rotating technique.

Eddie Throws a Tantrum because no one told him...

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has criticised the AFL's handling of the fixture change of their first-round meeting with Sydney. "We've got one million people working at the AFL, one of them could have called us," he said.

The Magpies are seething that they weren't officially notified about their season opener against the Swans being shifted from ANZ Stadium to the SCG, after Sydney negotiated their way out of the final year of their contract with the Olympic venue, and that they only found out about it via a media release.Earlier, Sydney president Andrew Pridham goaded Collingwood over their anger relating to the venue shift, sarcastically assuring the Magpies that the Harbour City has "perfectly good roads".

Pridham was unperturbed by the Magpies' fury, joking that he was "deeply disturbed" by their reaction.

"Situation normal," Pridham told SEN on Tuesday. "I wake up every morning worrying about Collingwood, so I'm deeply disturbed.

"I'm sure they'll be fine, we've moved the game from Homebush to Moore Park, not to Newcastle.

"We've got perfectly good roads and I'm sure in 20 minutes or so, they'll be there."

And as for Pridham's long-time sparring partner McGuire?

"Eddie's staying in my house, in my spare bedroom, so he's just called to make sure he can get a TV put in place," Pridham quipped.

McGuire described the venue situation as "rude" and supported his chief executive Gary Pert's calls for compensation for not only his club, but also the thousands of Magpies fans who had already made travel arrangements for the match.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/swans-president-andrew-pridham-mockingly-assures-collingwood-that-sydney-has-good-roads-20160229-gn6yiq.html#ixzz41c2zvQd6

Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

• Like 1

Reviewing every AFL Club’s Membership Campaign Slogan

Every year, some work experience kid in the marketing department has to come up with a marketing slogan for the club’s membership drive.

A line from a song is often used or sometimes something just bizarre. Strangely, despite most of them being innocuous, they can go spectacularly wrong, look at Essendon’s ‘Whatever it takes’ or Carlton’s ‘They know we’re coming.’

Let’s have a look at the 2016 crop and recommend some helpful alternatives.

http://titusoreily.com/reviewing-every-afl-clubs-membership-campaign-slogan-2/

Tipping Competition Reminder!

You can join anytime between now and the Start of the season.

The comp is run through Afl.com.au and you have to join the group there.

All instructions on how to join are in this post:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/796787-australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news/?p=10462884

signed up and in the comp so far are:

Ripstanley

Will27

AlexRRR

Farmerjo

Joboss

Radar501

Ron19

GrantSmith

Sceadunga

PM me if you have any questions or need help

Edited by BookMan