Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Tipping Competition Reminder!

You can join anytime between now and the Start of the season.

The comp is run through Afl.com.au and you have to join the group there.

All instructions on how to join are in this post:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/796787-australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news/?p=10462884

signed up and in the comp so far are:

Ripstanley

Will27

AlexRRR

Farmerjo

Joboss

Radar501

Ron19

GrantSmith

Sceadunga

PM me if you have any questions or need help

Where is your name Bookman?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/796787-australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news/?p=10462884

Ripstanley

Will27

AlexRRR

Farmerjo

Joboss

Radar501

Ron19

GrantSmith

Sceadunga

Im in there too

Ripstanley

Will27

AlexRRR

Farmerjo

Joboss

Radar501

Ron19

GrantSmith

Sceadunga

Im in there too

Is Gazman on the list yet.Think he's another one and the Lions man Mr X.

• Like 1

Ripstanley

Will27

AlexRRR

Farmerjo

Joboss

Radar501

Ron19

GrantSmith

Sceadunga

Im in there too

Is Gazman on the list yet.Think he's another one and the Lions man Mr X.
gazman

xangsamhua

chooks

cynicalsailor

have not joined the comp yet

I joined this arvo???

Yep, you are in CS.

We now have:

Signed up and in the comp so far are:

Bookman

Ripstanley

Will27

AlexRRR

Farmerjo

Joboss

Radar501

Ron19

GrantSmith

Sceadunga

CynicalSailor (Pattaya Pies)

Edited by BookMan

New Perth Stadium... Possibly Not ready for Round One

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-02/new-perth-stadiums-progress-in-pictures

Stevie J to play first game for GWS...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-02/giants-give-stevie-j-his-first-run

Collingwood supporters cannot find SCG. AFL sends emergency response team, trained in reading and being able to catch Buses and trains, to help with crisis situation:

The AFL and Collingwood have moved to address the concerns of Pies supporters inconvenienced by the venue change for the round one road game against Sydney.

It was announced on Monday that the clubs' season opener would be switched to the SCG from ANZ Stadium, leaving many Pies supporters who had intended to travel to Sydney for the Easter long weekend in a jam.

The AFL general manager of clubs and operations, Travis Auld, met with Collingwood officials on Tuesday to develop a plan to help fans who had already made travel arrangements based on the game being scheduled at ANZ Stadium.

"Having spoken to Collingwood, the AFL is encouraging fans who have booked accommodation in the Homebush area to contact Collingwood," Auld said.

"The AFL will work with Collingwood to offer alternate travel arrangements to the SCG for those fans."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwood-and-afl-to-help-supporters-ahead-of-round-one-sydney-game-20160301-gn832b.html#ixzz41iTELQV2
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Collingwood supporters cannot find SCG. AFL sends emergency response team, trained in reading and being able to catch Buses and trains, to help with crisis situation:

The AFL and Collingwood have moved to address the concerns of Pies supporters inconvenienced by the venue change for the round one road game against Sydney.

It was announced on Monday that the clubs' season opener would be switched to the SCG from ANZ Stadium, leaving many Pies supporters who had intended to travel to Sydney for the Easter long weekend in a jam.

The AFL general manager of clubs and operations, Travis Auld, met with Collingwood officials on Tuesday to develop a plan to help fans who had already made travel arrangements based on the game being scheduled at ANZ Stadium.

"Having spoken to Collingwood, the AFL is encouraging fans who have booked accommodation in the Homebush area to contact Collingwood," Auld said.

"The AFL will work with Collingwood to offer alternate travel arrangements to the SCG for those fans."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwood-and-afl-to-help-supporters-ahead-of-round-one-sydney-game-20160301-gn832b.html#ixzz41iTELQV2

Paddy Wagons should suffice. whistling.gif

• Like 1

Paddy Wagons should suffice. whistling.gif

They call them 'Taxis' down that way

• Like 1

I joined this arvo???

Yep, you are in CS.

We now have:

Signed up and in the comp so far are:

Bookman

Ripstanley

Will27

AlexRRR

Farmerjo

Joboss

Radar501

Ron19

GrantSmith

Sceadunga

CynicalSailor (Pattaya Pies)

I hope you haven't put the names in order of how it will finish Bookman.

Must be a mistake,Alex is above me.biggrin.png

sorry

. will27 should have been one from the bottom... just above where chooks will be

• Like 2

You heard it first from me about 6 months ago when I mentioned in here that Lord Mayor Doyle wanted Eitithad stadium bulldozed, we'll talk has started on what to do what to do over the stadium, yep that piece of land in now reportedly worth around a billion $, kennet has come in defence of the stadium but there are eyes and souls willing for it to go...

Meanwhile last night in the round ball game Sydney FC took 3 points in there Asians Championship game against a Chinese power house boasting a 70 million $ recent signing, 2-1 was the score line while in cold Osaka Melb Victory took on Japanese champions Gamba Osaka drawing 1-1, what's so amazing about this you ask? The Aleague has a salary cap, the Asian clubs do not that's what's amazing about the score line, I watched both games and the level the Aussies played at was very good though they lack technical ability but that comes with players who are on 100,000 a game not a year like our guys.

Ron19 will be happy.

Dockers give Lyon three more years

Fremantle coach Ross Lyon has been given a three-year contract extension to run until 2020.

The decision was announced at the Dockers season launch at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre this morning.

Lyon, 49, who joined Freo in September 2011 when he controversially replaced Mark Harvey, led the team to their first AFL grand final in 2013, where they were beaten by Hawthorn.

030316sptdpckers007_1bdf17b-1bdf17c.jpgPicture: Ian Munro/The West Australian

Under Lyon the Dockers won a minor premiership last year but were beaten in the preliminary final at home to the Hawks.

Lyon thanked Fremantle's hierarchy for initiating the conversation over a contract extension.

"Ultimately none of us are satisfied with where we're at," Lyon said.

"We're certainly aiming for a premiership and you don't shy away from that.

"Particularly by the end of this tenure, I'll have no excuse to not have achieved that because we're fully resourced, fully supported and I've certainly got a timeframe where I can make short-term and long-term decisions to get us where we want to be."

Lyon said he viewed Fremantle as legitimate contenders for the premiership this season.

"I'm sure that we'll be there when the whips are cracking," he said.

• Like 2

Ron19 will be happy.

Fremantle coach Ross Lyon has been given a three-year contract extension to run until 2020.

The decision was announced at the Dockers season launch at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre this morning.

Lyon, 49, who joined Freo in September 2011 when he controversially replaced Mark Harvey, led the team to their first AFL grand final in 2013, where they were beaten by Hawthorn.

Under Lyon the Dockers won a minor premiership last year but were beaten in the preliminary final at home to the Hawks.

Lyon thanked Fremantle's hierarchy for initiating the conversation over a contract extension.

"Particularly by the end of this tenure, I'll have no excuse to not have achieved that because we're fully resourced, fully supported and I've certainly got a timeframe where I can make short-term and long-term decisions to get us where we want to be."

Lyon said he viewed Fremantle as legitimate contenders for the premiership this season.

Yes very happy, by the way where is the Chook with his slant on this ? wai.gif

• Like 1

Fremantle Sign Lyon until 2020...Lyon promises to maintain record of no GF wins

Fremantle Dockers coach Ross Lyon has signed a new deal which could see him at the club until the end of the 2020 season.

Lyon joined the Dockers from St Kilda during 2011 AFL final series and has led Fremantle to four successive final series', including the club's first grand final appearance in 2013.

The new deal means the 49-year-old will have five years to win an elusive premiership for himself and the Dockers.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/fremantle-dockers/fremantle-dockers-coach-ross-lyon-signs-with-club-until-2020-20160303-gn9721.html#ixzz41oOSFn7Y

• Like 2

Eddie throws a tantrum...demands Sydney reveal Game plan for future matches

Eddie Mcguire has come out swinging in his feud with the Sydney Swans. Eddie has attacked the Swans for their lack of respect towards Collingwood.

"Collingwood demands respect We are a proud club and the AFL competition is nothing without us. For Sydney to do what it has done is outrageous!!

Thousands of Collingwood fans had arranged accommodation in local parks at the Homebush area and now we are forced to share the Moore park and Centennial park surroundings with local vagrants".

Sydney Swans President Andrew Pridham responded to Collingwood: "AFL has been played on the SCG for 30 years now and the ground has all the facilities you have at other grounds. We are even willing to provide shower facilities for Collingwood supporters, something most do not have at their own homes".

The Collingwood president responded by declaring that Collingwood supporters did in fact have shower facilities, but they were not allowed in individual trailer homes, but rather they were in shared block facilities.

"Furthermore, Collingwood demand that Sydney share their game plan with us before every match. We are Collingwood. I am Eddie. We are the AFL."

Chimpy
DailyChimpFiles

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

Ron19 will be happy.

Good move costly sacking if it came to that...

• Like 2

Sad news from Geelong with Paul Crouch, 1989 Brownlow winner dying from a heart attack aged 51.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/paul-couch-dies-1989-brownlow-medal-winner-had-a-heart-attack-20160305-gnbblc.html

Ho my.....thats to young to go.....just goes to show you the worse of a life you lead the longer you live......better start drinking heavily smoking 30 a day and move next door to a Pattaya beer bar for ease of convenience..............you will live to 110 bookie.