Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Sad news from Geelong with Paul Crouch, 1989 Brownlow winner dying from a heart attack aged 51.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/paul-couch-dies-1989-brownlow-medal-winner-had-a-heart-attack-20160305-gnbblc.html

Ho my.....thats to young to go.....just goes to show you the worse of a life you lead the longer you live......better start drinking heavily smoking 30 a day and move next door to a Pattaya beer bar for ease of convenience..............you will live to 110 bookie.

Could even see a Dockers premiership,,,

Like your thinking. Anything that makes The Chook smile. thumbsup.gifwhistling.gif

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 2

Nobody mentioned the Bombers game yesterday I WILL....they got murdered by the Cats......still think there top 8 material? Let alone any wins maybe except against the Bules?

I thought u were the one predicting they were top 8?

Sydney Swan Garry Rohan sidelined again. Out for about 2 months or more.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-03/hamstring-outs-swan-gary-rohan-for-at-least-two-months

It's a big loss for Sydney. We had a lot of pace on the flanks and coming out of defense with jetta and Rohan... not having either ain't good

I have not seen the GWS v Sydney game yet (i will catchh that today) but reports say GWS was dominant out of defense and quick on the outside....either way GWS won the game

Periodic Tipping Comp reminder

gazman is in!

We now have signed up and in the comp:

Bookman

Ripstanley

Will27

AlexRRR

Farmerjo

Joboss

Radar501

Ron19

GrantSmith

Sceadunga

CynicalSailor (Pattaya Pies)

Gazman

I've sent a PM to chooks and xangsamhua...

Any other regular lurkers are welcome to join!

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

Dees sleeping first quarter as is per normal, playing against the wolf wolfs today came storming back in the second quarter, Hogan been rested with my man Jack playing up forward, those 10 years of experience paying dividends today, 7 marks and 2 goals for the first half but whats even better is his ground play....like a tall midfielders.

melbourne made a decent comeback.

Western Bulldogs were without 14 regular players, so it coul dbe a good season for them

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-06/determined-demons-outlast-young-bulldogs-side

Here is an action photo of Jack Watts carving up the opposition

post-147205-0-45220800-1457265683_thumb.

• Like 2

With the fantasy comp,

Am i right in thinking that last year we started in round 2 but if you already had your team in place you got locked out in round 1.

Only allowing you 2 changes for round 2???,where as if you didn't submit you had a fresh start of all picks in round 2.

Can someone clarify that please.wai2.gif

With the fantasy comp,

Am i right in thinking that last year we started in round 2 but if you already had your team in place you got locked out in round 1.

Only allowing you 2 changes for round 2???,where as if you didn't submit you had a fresh start of all picks in round 2.

I think we kicked off the head to head stuff in round 4? But could've been round 2...

You're allowed 2 changes per round after round 1 but before the first bounce of the first game of round 1 you can make as many changes as you like. If you didn't submit a team until round 2, I would imagine you would have had the pick of the litter but lost out in price fluctuations (or not) and you'd be (give or take) about 2000 points behind the rest...

Hope that clears that up :P

• Like 1

With the fantasy comp,

I think we kicked off the head to head stuff in round 4? But could've been round 2...

You're allowed 2 changes per round after round 1 but before the first bounce of the first game of round 1 you can make as many changes as you like. If you didn't submit a team until round 2, I would imagine you would have had the pick of the litter but lost out in price fluctuations (or not) and you'd be (give or take) about 2000 points behind the rest...

Hope that clears that up tongue.png

Thanks Grant,

Ok you would cop the prices changes but i was meaning your locked in round 1 of the official season and fantasy doesn't start till round 2.

So no points would be lost but you have a full selection where as if you lock in round 1 only to find when our comp starts you've got 6 players out and can only change 2.

Clear as mud or am i barking up the wrong tree with your not locked in until our comp starts.

My recollection is you start to actually play from round 3, the first 2 weeks you can fine tune with 2 interchanges, won't do you much good putting ur team together at the last min....as a good coach jo you should be checking on injuries from mid March and begin to adjust accordingly, looks like I will finish above you in fantasy as well....

• Like 1

Haven't looked for a while but the prestigious fantasy comp is up and running, do we have any more takers, just 6 of us so far...it's a shame Will he or won't he, Ronald and Books find it mucks up there hectic life too much to get involved.

• Like 1

My recollection is you start to actually play from round 3, the first 2 weeks you can fine tune with 2 interchanges, won't do you much good putting ur team together at the last min....as a good coach jo you should be checking on injuries from mid March and begin to adjust accordingly, looks like I will finish above you in fantasy as well....

So why don't we start from round 1 or is that not possible.

Mr JO, the powers that be and set up fantasy being AFL have it set that way, maybe if we take up the paid version we could jigg things around, don't know, the way it is gives you 2 weeks JO to fine tune before you hit the action, I think it works fine unless 5 of your midfielders go down with in those 2 weeks, from what I saw last season I was often caught short early on, I think I've addressed that part this time....tip....choose at least one player per grouping you know plays around 18 to 20 games in a season who can cover an injured player.

• Like 1

So why don't we start from round 1 or is that not possible.
Starts in 24 days, round two. I regenerated my team from last season only 4 changes and managed to squeeze fyfe into my star studded midfield which now has the top six midfielders. Much better side this year. When I regenerated my team it also regenerated league from last year automatically. A one stop shop.
  • Like 1

Mr JO, the powers that be and set up fantasy being AFL have it set that way, maybe if we take up the paid version we could jigg things around, don't know, the way it is gives you 2 weeks JO to fine tune before you hit the action, I think it works fine unless 5 of your midfielders go down with in those 2 weeks, from what I saw last season I was often caught short early on, I think I've addressed that part this time....tip....choose at least one player per grouping you know plays around 18 to 20 games in a season who can cover an injured player.

your correct AlexRRR and what will happen is at the conclusion of round one the AFL will automatically fill the league with other teams to make up the competition. Last year when I set up the league paid $10 made it private for us and this allowed me to set it up so we played twice. I hit the regenerate button which automatically reactivated last year's league and sent out emails. You can be in more than one league with a single team

Periodic Tipping Comp reminder

gazman is in!

We now have signed up and in the comp:

Bookman

Ripstanley

Will27

AlexRRR

Farmerjo

Joboss

Radar501

Ron19

GrantSmith

Sceadunga

CynicalSailor (Pattaya Pies)

Gazman

I've sent a PM to chooks and xangsamhua...

Any other regular lurkers are welcome to join!

I'm in
  • Like 1

Ok,got it.biggrin.png

Righto boys......looks like CHOOKS has got last years fantasy up and running...i just saw the email for Martin i assume that is you chooks? what to do what to do...do we really want to have 2 comps going with the same teams in them?

You seem to know more about fantasy mr chooka than JO, what to do what to do?

• Like 2

Righto boys......looks like CHOOKS has got last years fantasy up and running...i just saw the email for Martin i assume that is you chooks? what to do what to do...do we really want to have 2 comps going with the same teams in them?

You seem to know more about fantasy mr chooka than JO, what to do what to do?

Yes that is my name, nothing to hide. I played in 3 leagues last year, one team. Got smashed in one but finals in others. Nothing to do Alex but to go with the flow. You are the premiers and can you go a fourganism as hawks supporters claim
  • Like 1

Eddie everywhere has joined the push for the end of Ethiad stadium, selling peanuts to premier Andrews is easy it seems, they wanna spend your money Rhalps of the world by sticking Richmond station underground and connecting it with a tunnel, razz Hisense , they say shift but that's impossible and put the new 60 odd thousand footy stadium there, so that means 2 super stadiums will be torn down and be rebuilt elsewhere plus the station, gees were in Star Wars territory now.

Mind you Andrews didn't want to use federal money on freeways in Melbourne but was happy to use vic tax payers money to get out of the contract if labour agree to this I'm going to be a refugee out of here.

Meanwhile my man jack is out of contract end of season, at 24 and being rather tall and good looking the footy world is his oyster, a very smart campaign by the lad to date, and the very fact the Dee's are brimming with excitement for the first time in 10 seasons sees the young man more than happy to stay and that was from his very own mouth, he is looking for a good season from himself obviously so his pay check can double, been saying it a while, he's ready anytime now for that break out season, this might be it.

• Like 2

Eddie everywhere has joined the push for the end of Ethiad stadium, selling peanuts to premier Andrews is easy it seems, they wanna spend your money Rhalps of the world by sticking Richmond station underground and connecting it with a tunnel, razz Hisense , they say shift but that's impossible and put the new 60 odd thousand footy stadium there, so that means 2 super stadiums will be torn down and be rebuilt elsewhere plus the station, gees were in Star Wars territory now.

Mind you Andrews didn't want to use federal money on freeways in Melbourne but was happy to use vic tax payers money to get out of the contract if labour agree to this I'm going to be a refugee out of here.

Meanwhile my man jack is out of contract end of season, at 24 and being rather tall and good looking the footy world is his oyster, a very smart campaign by the lad to date, and the very fact the Dee's are brimming with excitement for the first time in 10 seasons sees the young man more than happy to stay and that was from his very own mouth, he is looking for a good season from himself obviously so his pay check can double, been saying it a while, he's ready anytime now for that break out season, this might be it.

The AFL will fully own the stadium soon enough... What better deal for them than to sell the stadium at a big profit then have the government subsidize the building of a new stadium.

What would seem fantasy and ludicrous to most of us could well be a reality. In Sydney they are doing the same thing.. Building a brand new stadium that is not needed and will most likely be underutilized and under filled.. by demolishing an existing stadium. All at taxpayers expense.

Speaking of Jack Watts...Chimpy was out and about early this morning.. managed to get this photo of Jack Watts leading the Melbourne boys in their new training regime

attachicon.gifJackwatts2.jpg

You don't know Melbourne Bookie, Docklands/Ethiad is a relatively new and reasonably high tech stadium, The AFL will own it out right from 2015, what they all grizzle about is the $ there not been made by the clubs they think they should be getting because of the original deal though its been improved.

Eddie has got into it because the Pies moved there base into the olympic area and what better than to have his club as a founding member of the new higher tech stadium.

In $ terms it makes no sense to do what these clever little dickies wanna dooooo, the AFL don't take over the ground for another 9 years to start with and the cost to build 2 new stadiums plus demolish one will cost twice what they get for Docklands to start with. The only way Eddie will get it built is sucking up to Andrews, and they way he's going he won't be around for long, plus your gonna put the tennis folks nose out of joint Heizen or what ever its called is also relatively new, no mate we don't need another relocated stadium.

And by the way, the whole idea of getting more bums on seats is flawed, the push is for you the little man to watch it on free to air, foxtell and your iPad and phone....

Mr Chooks, if your running in several comps i assume the same team? And if it is when you make changes to one does it automatically make changes to each team you run in different comps, or can you run each team independly form the other?