Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

The extreme booing by the swans fans towards jetta. Last year when Goodes was booed Swans fans screamed racism. How bloody hypocritical. The booing was far more deafening than Goodes ever got.

hardly a sound was heard... until he kicked for the set shot at goal

totally diff scenarios too. all ex players are booed by there ex club fans

• Like 2

Rumour has it James heard has split with his wife and is expecting a child with a french lady he met during his trip to Europe.

Well your a marvel CHOOKS...you must work for ASIO...you god dam best tipper and fantasy man and know everything thats going on......

The rest of us in here better watch our backs if he falls behind.

if chooks falls behind me it is not my back I'll be covering
I'm behind you at the moment.
it feels good too

The extreme booing by the swans fans towards jetta. Last year when Goodes was booed Swans fans screamed racism. How bloody hypocritical. The booing was far more deafening than Goodes ever got.

Very true Bookman. The booing is not racist but as you state it is an ex club player.

• Like 2

Very true Bookman. The booing is not racist but as you state it is an ex club player.

The afl stated last year after the princess Goodes was booed, booing of a player is unacceptable and won't be tolerated. Clubs were warned.

Rumour has it James heard has split with his wife and is expecting a child with a french lady he met during his trip to Europe.

Well your a marvel CHOOKS...you must work for ASIO...you god dam best tipper and fantasy man and know everything thats going on......

The rest of us in here better watch our backs if he falls behind.

if chooks falls behind me it is not my back I'll be covering
I'm behind you at the moment.

hahaha .........................................................................................and there your staying.............................i bought a bullet proof vest yesterday..............................................................................and you can't blackmail me either...i live a clean life........stuck out here in the burbs with indians around me....nothing is going on.

The afl stated last year after the princess Goodes was booed, booing of a player is unacceptable and won't be tolerated. Clubs were warned.

Jeez, what's the world coming to when you can't even boo a player whose jumped shipfacepalm.gif

TBH, I didn't even notice it.

Lewis Jetta booed as Sydney beats West Coast

Sydney ambassador Chris Bath has led criticism of Swans fans who booed Lewis Jetta on Saturday afternoon.

The television journalist and presenter took to Twitter to express her disapproval of supporters who jeered at the 26-year-old, who played more than 125 games for the Swans before being traded to West Coast at the end of last year.

1461415699451.jpg Lance Franklin of the Swans and Lewis Jetta of the Eagles greet each other after the game. Photo: Getty Images

Although it is common for supporters to boo at players who chose to leave their clubs, Bath said there was no place for the abuse in the AFL.

It is a difficult topic for some Sydney fans, because their own star Adam Goodes was the subject of weekly jeering in 2015, abuse widely acknowledged as being motivated at least in part by racism, or a dislike for Goodes' activism on behalf of the Aboriginal community.

Jetta's extended family live in Western Australia and living closer to them was understood to be one of the primary reasons for him leaving Sydney.

Reminded me of the Dockers of yesteryear - kicking across the face of goals and hitting the opposition on the chest 10 metres out!

Are the players trying to get rid of Joyce?

Yep,,, Back to the Dockers of old.

Next step is to sack the coach.

• Like 1

Reminded me of the Dockers of yesteryear - kicking across the face of goals and hitting the opposition on the chest 10 metres out!

Hogan might end up staying at Melbourne if this continues

Freo lost its best assistant coach in Brett Kirk to Sydney... where he is working with the forwards... who have been much bwtwe this year.

Chimps had lunch with Kirky last week and got some good goss about Ross

• Like 1

Freo lost its best assistant coach in Brett Kirk to Sydney... where he is working with the forwards... who have been much bwtwe this year.

What goss is that?

Maybe Mick Malthouse offering inside advice about a nice villa in Europe to rent for the Northern summer.burp.gif

3 Clubs looking down the barrel, interesting Lyon and Buckley got contract extensions before the start of the season.....What do those clubs know?

WILL's Tigers, will now start fresh, Martin isn't getting enough of the ball, was a slow started last year too, players coming back....expect to see an improvement from them, I'm staking my reputation on that...

The gap has closed on the Hawks they just know how to win, at this early stage I'm liking the Swans big time and of course the Dee's, I've only been moody once this year after a game.

• Like 2

What goss is that?

Maybe Mick Malthouse offering inside advice about a nice villa in Europe to rent for the Northern summer.burp.gif

The payout from Collingwood was a French Rivera apartment, the pay out from Carlton was a chalet in Aspen......

• Like 1

3 Clubs looking down the barrel, interesting Lyon and Buckley got contract extensions before the start of the season.....What do those clubs know?

WILL's Tigers, will now start fresh, Martin isn't getting enough of the ball, was a slow started last year too, players coming back....expect to see an improvement from them, I'm staking my reputation on that...

The gap has closed on the Hawks they just know how to win, at this early stage I'm liking the Swans big time and of course the Dee's, I've only been moody once this year after a game.

what is up with your lad hogan?

the guy is a match winner but today played more like Travis Cloke of recent weeks

At 1-4, it would be difficult for Richmond not to make some improvement. They were favorites with the betting egencies for that game too

Freo has some big headaches of course. 0-5. DOes it get any worse for a team that was top of the table last year?

Well yes it does...it is possible Fyfe is injured again...calamitous really.

The BIG issue in the room regarding Freo for me, is where are the younger up and coming players coming from? I seem to remember when Ross left St Kilda, there was not a lot of up and comers ready to fill the void.

I said before round 1 and after round 1 that Freo would be lucky to make the top 8 this year...and so it has been...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-24/injury-blow-for-reigning-brownlow-medallist-fyfe

As for Buckley...why did Collingwood resign him so early? There doesn't seem any need for it and all this rebuilding they have been doing? They are worse than last year, while teams such as ST Kilda, Western Bulldogs and even Carlton have turned things around much better with young lists.

Sometimes you just need a fresh injection of coaching blood and ideas... Maybe Eddie should have grabbed a few from the coaching sausage factory at Hawthorn...

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

Agree 100% with this. When i read what Kochie has said last week i was surprised. He shouldn't be saying stuff like that. He isn't the coach and it just adds pressure to players and staff.

If it was to be said, should have been done behind closed doors...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-24/kochie-went-too-far-cornes

PORT Adelaide chairman David Koch should not have expressed his grievances via social media and should have addressed it in-house instead, Power premiership player Kane Cornes says.

Koch, 60, slammed his team following its heavy 86-point loss to GWS last Sunday, responding to a fan on Twitter to brand the performance "a disgrace".

Port a disgrace, chairman Kochie declares

He added that such performance undermined "a historic week" in which the club signed a memorandum of understanding to play an AFL match in China for premiership points.

The Port president defended his remarks on Saturday night and said the playing group should "harden up" if they were offended by his social media outburst.

Cornes, 33, said Koch made an error of judgment by posting his tweets last week, but made another mistake by not backtracking on his comments in a pre-game interview on Channel Seven.

"He shouldn't be responding to a fan on Twitter on a Sunday night after that performance … he should be doing that in the right way," Cornes, a four-time Power best and fairest winner, told Crocmedia on Sunday.

"If he has that opinion, he needs to tell the players that first – face-to-face in a meeting.

"But then last night, I would've loved for him to come out and have said, 'Look, it was (in) the heat of the moment, we'd had a big week, we'd announced China, and then the players performed like that, I was frustrated, I sent the tweet out (and) it was the wrong place to do it.

"But he didn't, he stood by his comments, and then to go even further and tell the players to harden up, it's not what the club needs."

On Saturday night, Koch acknowledged his tweets had "unsettled" some of the Power's playing group, but did not back away from his strong stance.

• Like 1

Not sure why I called Ross Lyon, Joyce. but thanks all for understanding what I meant.

• Like 1

Please Alex leave the Swans alone. w00t.gifcrying.gif

PS Good win by Melbourne

Ive been on the Swans bandwagon for years MR, since the Paul Roos days and apart from Hawthorn easily the best run club with the best club culture and best choices of coaches.

The Hawks of today are like the Hawks of the 70's and 80's then they had a stream of top coaches but they also had about 7 300 plus gamers that were the back bone of that club, Clarkson is of course a great coach but your only as good as you back room staff and players make you.

Hopefully the Roos/Swans influence will rub off on to the hapless Dee's its not enough to emerge from the wilderness we need the ability to keep reinventing our selves like the clubs mentioned....

Ps.....including preseason and I've watched every game 5 of the 6 were like yesterdays only the Essendon game was a blith......thats 6 wins 2 losses.....yes yes preseason dont count i know but they did beat Port and Bulldogs and i forget the other team....But BUT BUT....Saints we struggle against there up next, though im more confident about our chances today than anytime in the last 6 years.

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 2

what is up with your lad hogan?

the guy is a match winner but today played more like Travis Cloke of recent weeks

Its the second year blues, and he's getting more attention but hey he's still effective 2 behinds yesterday normaly he would have poped them and dont forget the work further up the ground....seems a few coaches these days are getting there forwards to do a la Franklin, Hogan and Rewoalt especially the latter were pretty good playing further up the ground.

• Like 1

At 1-4, it would be difficult for Richmond not to make some improvement. They were favorites with the betting egencies for that game too

Freo has some big headaches of course. 0-5. DOes it get any worse for a team that was top of the table last year?

Well yes it does...it is possible Fyfe is injured again...calamitous really.

The BIG issue in the room regarding Freo for me, is where are the younger up and coming players coming from? I seem to remember when Ross left St Kilda, there was not a lot of up and comers ready to fill the void.

I said before round 1 and after round 1 that Freo would be lucky to make the top 8 this year...and so it has been...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-24/injury-blow-for-reigning-brownlow-medallist-fyfe

As for Buckley...why did Collingwood resign him so early? There doesn't seem any need for it and all this rebuilding they have been doing? They are worse than last year, while teams such as ST Kilda, Western Bulldogs and even Carlton have turned things around much better with young lists.

Sometimes you just need a fresh injection of coaching blood and ideas... Maybe Eddie should have grabbed a few from the coaching sausage factory at Hawthorn...

Tigers will improve from this week, we belted them around this time last season too, there well coached and have had injuries to key players, Martin didn't get going till around round 7 and was burning by round 15, i defended them last year and I'm doing it again, they will make the 8.

Yep Freo look like there gone, to me a club that dies so quickly smells....the stench is overpowering, me thinks a shake up is needed and it would start with recruiters and a few mangers.

The Woods, its the former club captain turned coach syndrome, pretty boy Buckley needs to be somewhere else, as Voss failed though for different reasons so will Buckley if he is cut soon, me thinks Eddie will give the kid slack and pretty much change the team, at some point soon when they realise there not going anywhere they will begin to blood some young players, a total shake up of the list under team rebuilding will probably save Mr Buckley were at another club he would have been chopped up and feed to the crocs by now.

• Like 2

So what is the media's golden boy Alex Rance going to get?

I think low impact, 2 down to 1 but wouldn't be surprised if it was medium so 3 down to 2.

Looked worse than it was. Just a cheap act. Not a good look for the game.

Loved the commentary "totally out of character", "he was frustrated", etc etc.

If it was Harry halfback flanker or Norrie No Name who did it, would've been

"Cheap", "unnecessary".

• Like 2