Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

On 14/12/2016 at 8:36 PM, joboss said:

Alex !  Turn on your phone,, accept that collect call from Havana.

Potential forward pocket.

tumblr_oi4g9tbFkQ1vljb6do1_1280.jpg

I couldnt find any with boobs like that....the one time i thought i struck gold they turned out to be padded....

35 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

It was the year of the underdogs, Bulldogs took the cup here in Oz, Leicester City took it in the premier league a million to one at season start to a lesser extent the Broncos took it in the US.....Best games of the season....so the Age says...

7... WCE 97 d GWS 96, round 21, home ground gaints away squirrels were the Eagles all year long and so it proved once again.  So it proves once again. We won this one, away!

37 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Breaking news for Dec 21 2016.....

The Age has added Chris Judge former WCE and Blue and now a budding fashion designer with the make over king who was once king of the football ground in Wayne Carey who not so long ago was running amuck smacking women about who looks out of place on the telly with the grin waiting his turn to say something on the game in hand....and of course Dee's marquee player Dasiy Pearce, a house hold name in the West because I've never heard of her, certainly does not look like a model in fact looks like one of the boys pictured with Judge and Carey....

Scott Pendlebury and wife Ales are expecting there first baby, mmm id like to make babies with Alex too....

Scott Pendlebury and wife Ales are expecting there first baby, mmm  id like to make babies with Alex too....   That's what Mrs Pendlebury said as well

• Like 1

Nice post Alex. It was a good season and the prelim a cracker. They do produce the best footy strangely.  That north demon game was something from the nineties though scoring 40 + goals. I thought Pagan was coaching the Roos again.

The AFL site have done a similar article with the top fifty moments. Ranging overview, not chronologically structured. 

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-12-18/greatest-season-of-all-top-50-countdown-3021

This photo will piss people off, and I don't mean too. But it does fit that category of year in review from my pov.

Sheedy leading the crowd from Federation square to MCG, round three.

essendon fans march to mcg v mlbourne.jpg

Edited by optad
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

......Gibbs is happy to be a Blue and expecting to stay a one club player....meanwhile he says its incorrect that his partner had driven the attempted push for home....we spoke about it all year long...apparently new baby was behind it all.....

Carlton was justifiably concerned that Gibbs would have racked up enough games with Adelaide that his young lad Charlie could have been lost under the father - son rule years down the track.

Oh, another thing, Alex.   Don't feel at all concerned about re-posting photos of that lovely Latina lass.

1477020504071.jpg

• Like 1

Ahhh Cuba was such a big hit for you guys i will display some talent for you from the Garden of Eden....

Pic 2...i have a selfie off myself in front of that fort......its on my line atvar....

Girl 3 is Books Gold Cost style....dontmind a bit of dark myself.....

and girl 1....well i was breathless there just about every day...

1jpg.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

and girl 1....well i was breathless there just about every day...

Could be a sign of age and lack of fitness Alex.

I'll get Chimps to send u a message... he has done elite training for all the good clubs

• Like 1

Thx to CNS for that story. 

Coach for life dropped some pearlers there. Might have been tempted to ask him, hypothetically of course, if their was another team he might like to 'renovate' and coach to liberate.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

That's the hard part with long term coaches,take North as an example.

Scott has been there a long time and unless given another 5 years for success,he could simply walk away at the end saying they didn't give me enough time.:smile:

Where do you think Norf will finish this year?

I can't see them making the 8.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I thought it would've been good for the club to part ways with Scott.

Cant help but think they should have gone with youth a few years back and they would be in a better position now...They seem to have had the potential talent around the place

• Like 1

About time!!

I've been saying this rule was stupid for a while...finally some sense!

Third man up' gets the chop in radical rule change

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-12-21/third-man-up-gets-the-chop-in-radical-rule-change

In a surprise move, the AFL notified clubs on Wednesday that next season only nominated ruckmen will be able to compete at a contest for a throw-in or ball-up.

Other players will therefore no longer be permitted to contest a ruck contest as 'third man up'.

A stricter interpretation of deliberate rushed behinds will also be introduced and the interpretation of where a player draws high contact will be simplified. 

However, theto ban 'third man up' decision is sure to spark debate, with coaches split as to whether a rule was necessary when consulted on the proposed change at the annual AFL laws summit on the day of the NAB AFL Draft

The AFL Commission approved the contentious recommendation from the League's football department that came after widespread consultation with a range of relevant stakeholders.

The AFL is understood to have been concerned that if it continued to allow players the ability to go 'third man up' the role of the ruckman would be under threat.

AFL football operations manager Mark Evans said it was important a change was made to protect one of the game's unique features.

"Eliminating the 'third man up' at ruck contests will support the recruitment of tall players and ensure our game continues to be played at the elite level by players of various sizes and differing abilities," Evans said

• Like 2

Hmm. Better for the integrity of the game to bring back pure rucking but might have made a difference to some clubs approach to the draft. 

Very happy to hear they are finally going stop rewarding the Selwood knee dip in a tackle for the for a high contact free. That one sux. Has become endemic adn and a blight. Play tall pls.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, optad said:

Hmm. Better for the integrity of the game to bring back pure rucking but might have made a difference to some clubs approach to the draft. 

Very happy to hear they are finally going stop rewarding the Selwood knee dip in a tackle for the for a high contact free. That one sux. Has become endemic adn and a blight. Play tall pls.

Your new to this forum kid....lot of debate about rule changes seems the brothers  here are now so accustomed to the AFL meddling every year the game hardly looks like it once was...im an advocate in leaving it alone and letting the coaches develop it.

You as an Essendon man would well recall Sheedy giving up professional fouls to curb the quick footed Blues back in the very early 80's hence the introducton of the 50 meter penalty, from that point in time it took the defensive edge out of the game, if you watch NFL its pleasing to see at times a team will give up yardage or foul for a defensive reason as the do in the round ball game..

As a foot note the round ball game has had next to no rule changes in more than 100 years...please consider AFL.

• Like 2

I dislike constant changes prone to the AFL too Alex, nonetheless the knee bending to elicit a high tackle is a blight on the game. Eliminating that occurrence is a good thing. Soliciting penalties in this manner is essentially unfair on the integrity of the tackler when everyone respects the normative high tackle rule. It forces a double think by the tackler when it should just be a physical reaction to the ball carrier. The true cry of ‘ball’ as it is sung around the ground elevates that action, not the insipid out clause devised by the ball carrier to force an arm onto his shoulders. Insipid is an apt description of that player’s option.

Calling that a professional foul and should remain, is a point of departure on topic Alex. I would prefer things to a lot of things to revert to a point in time, but they cannot and this is a kind of fix to an ugly problem and a good thing. The other items on that list perhaps could fall into your, ‘leave alone’ category and would be fine by me.

AFL is dynamic and less structured than the round ball and changes are less surprising however not going there. And sure, this is your space. Alternate views can be toxic in the offseason when its more about bums and tits. Not that I mind, although some were a little heavy for my liking, it’s all theatre. A bit like the photo above of Sheedy leading Essendon to the MCG for their first win against …. Melbourne.

Edited by optad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, optad said:

I dislike constant changes prone to the AFL too Alex, nonetheless the knee bending to elicit a high tackle is a blight on the game. Eliminating that occurrence is a good thing. Soliciting penalties in this manner is essentially unfair on the integrity of the tackler when everyone respects the normative high tackle rule. It forces a double think by the tackler when it should just be a physical reaction to the ball carrier. The true cry of ‘ball’ as it is sung around the ground elevates that action, not the insipid out clause devised by the ball carrier to force an arm onto his shoulders. Insipid is an apt description of that player’s option.

Calling that a professional foul and should remain, is a point of departure on topic Alex. I would prefer things to a lot of things to revert to a point in time, but they cannot and this is a kind of fix to an ugly problem and a good thing. The other items on that list perhaps could fall into your, ‘leave alone’ category and would be fine by me.

AFL is dynamic and less structured than the round ball and changes are less surprising however not going there. And sure, this is your space. Alternate views can be toxic in the offseason when its more about bums and tits. Not that I mind, although some were a little heavy for my liking, it’s all theatre. A bit like the photo above of Sheedy leading Essendon to the MCG for their first win against …. Melbourne.

There will always be "something" so let the coaches get rid of it....in the past 10 years its been unprecedient the amount of meddling by the AFL, and its fair to say fix one issue and 2 more arise due in part to that first fix....ive been singing the same tune since they brought in the 50 meter penalty, i saw nothing worng with giving up a 15 meter penalty to stop the run of the Blues back then, the coaches would have had come up with a way around that I'm dam sure,  another stupid law was the line across the centre during the ruck contest, come on it takes 2 to entangle them selves at the bounce, 3 going up in the ruck, if my maths is correct that leaves one free  player....Run run till you cant run more....more injuries....the latest? more of the same, it comes it goes and dies a natural death if left alone its called evolving ..means the game evolves somethings work today then it dont work next season and so it goes on.....so does life...you know that ordinary one we have? 

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Your new to this forum kid....lot of debate about rule changes seems the brothers  here are now so accustomed to the AFL meddling every year the game hardly looks like it once was...im an advocate in leaving it alone and letting the coaches develop it.

You as an Essendon man would well recall Sheedy giving up professional fouls to curb the quick footed Blues back in the very early 80's hence the introducton of the 50 meter penalty, from that point in time it took the defensive edge out of the game, if you watch NFL its pleasing to see at times a team will give up yardage or foul for a defensive reason as the do in the round ball game..

As a foot note the round ball game has had next to no rule changes in more than 100 years...please consider AFL.

You are comparing Trucks with bicycles here.

Defensively they are different solar systems.

Soccer can play defensively because they are protecting a small netted frame

NFL and Rugby games have a line that has to be crossed and can be defended.

AFL, a score can be done from outside 50 metres...

Defensive tactics of professional fouls surely detract form teh games? Time wasting tactics used as defensive measures, guided by coaches, don't favour the attacking team and reward poor play.

Coaches in any professional sport will try and bend and manipulate the rules to gain an advantage.
Bending the knees
Deliberate out of bounds
Rushed behinds

Rules are introduced and coaches look at ways to take advantage of the rules..

Australian Rules footy is an far  more complicated game than soccer, having 30% more on field players, larger grounds, different point scoring opportunities, more options of ball disposal and tackles and etcetera

As to your point that Soccer has not changed rules , that is simply not true.  

The Boffins at Soccer also realised the importance of attack over defence and introduced these huge rules changes:

Hence a series of amendments, often referred to as for the 'Good of the Game', which were designed to help promote attacking football. They began with the offside law in 1990. The advantage was now given to the attacking team. If the attacker was in line with the penultimate defender, he was now onside. In the same year, the 'professional foul' - denying an opponent a clear goal-scoring opportunity - became a sending-off offence.

Back-pass rule changed 
Despite these changes, tactics during the 1990 FIFA World Cup™ suggested something more needed to be done. The IFAB responded in 1992 by banning goalkeepers from handling deliberate back-passes. Although the new rule was greeted with scepticism by some at first, in the fullness of time it would become widely appreciated.

The game's Law-makers then struck another blow against cynicism in 1998 when the fierce tackle from behind became a red-card offence. With a new century approaching, the commitment to forward-thinking football could not have been clearer.

• Like 1