Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

7 minutes ago, Will27 said:

The government wants to try and introduce a new Bill to help addicts.

BUT, you're not eligible if you have a criminal record.

That wipes out about 90% of them.....great idea.

And our tax dollars qualified these decision makers,

It’s disappointing.

• Like 1

“You shouldn't show this with Alex around.

He'll get so excited he'll think he's back in that seedy Havana hotel room with his Steatopygian, Mulatto girlfriend!

Haha!!!   This could give him a heart attack,,,

345281-catch-22-christmas (1).jpg

• Like 2

Article in the Herald Sun about the AFL offering to find rehab for Benny C.  

I can't help but wonder at the timing of this leaked news... The AFL getting on teh front foot ahead of the Players Association, in looking like they are the good guys?

How many ex-players have had drug issues like Cousins...an how many have the AFL offered full rehab for?

Here is the article:

EXCLUSIVE

THE AFL has made an unprecedented pledge to fund a drug rehabilitation program for fallen Brownlow Medallist Ben Cousins.

A rollcall of influential and business figures have lined up to offer help to Cousins, who revealed he is “living out of a backpack” this week in an interview with News Corp.

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan has told Cousins’ father the AFL would bankroll any anti-drug program or rehab facility which helped drag the 38-year-old out of his downward spiral.

McLachlan refused to comment on the conversation last night but it is understood the AFL believes it has an obligation to help one of its greatest stars.

That offer was made several months ago by McLachlan directly to Bryan Cousins and remains open-ended.

But the challenge remains in convincing him to attend a rehab facility given he has quickly relapsed after trips to rehabilitation centres in the past.

“The AFL has made clear they are there to help Ben, and if he can get to rehab they have said they have put aside money to support him,” a source close to the family said.

Kim Ledger, the father of the late actor Heath, said he has also reached out to the Cousins family in the battle to save Ben.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BookMan said:

Article in the Herald Sun about the AFL offering to find rehab for Benny C.  

I can't help but wonder at the timing of this leaked news... The AFL getting on teh front foot ahead of the Players Association, in looking like they are the good guys?

How many ex-players have had drug issues like Cousins...an how many have the AFL offered full rehab for?

Here is the article:

EXCLUSIVE

THE AFL has made an unprecedented pledge to fund a drug rehabilitation program for fallen Brownlow Medallist Ben Cousins.

A rollcall of influential and business figures have lined up to offer help to Cousins, who revealed he is “living out of a backpack” this week in an interview with News Corp.

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan has told Cousins’ father the AFL would bankroll any anti-drug program or rehab facility which helped drag the 38-year-old out of his downward spiral.

McLachlan refused to comment on the conversation last night but it is understood the AFL believes it has an obligation to help one of its greatest stars.

That offer was made several months ago by McLachlan directly to Bryan Cousins and remains open-ended.

But the challenge remains in convincing him to attend a rehab facility given he has quickly relapsed after trips to rehabilitation centres in the past.

“The AFL has made clear they are there to help Ben, and if he can get to rehab they have said they have put aside money to support him,” a source close to the family said.

Kim Ledger, the father of the late actor Heath, said he has also reached out to the Cousins family in the battle to save Ben.

He has had so many trying to help him.  he needs to stand up and want to help himself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

He has had so many trying to help him.  he needs to stand up and want to help himself.

Agreed...He has had family & friends  support over the years but the pull of the drugs are too much for him

Junkies and alkies are selfish people when it comes down to it

• Like 2

4 hours ago, joboss said:

“You shouldn't show this with Alex around.

He'll get so excited he'll think he's back in that seedy Havana hotel room with his Steatopygian, Mulatto girlfriend!

Haha!!!   This could give him a heart attack,,,

345281-catch-22-christmas (1).jpg

Chinmpy offered to set Alex up a while back with this sweet young thing...

MissChimpy.jpg

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, BookMan said:

Chinmpy offered to set Alex up a while back with this sweet young thing...

MissChimpy.jpg

The old chimp minster seems to do all right for himself if this little hot left over is being offered to Alex.  Tell him we will trade McCartin to Sydney for one of his scraps.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Hopefully no work this year,need to concentrate on my tipping and fantasy.:smile:

Is that Rod Grinter in your avatar.:smile:

you need to get your eye site tested fella.....if you cant tell the difference between a woman and a man i will worry about you.....Blonde? 

Woman...no idea who it is....not interested in the woman footy a Dee player female as in no penis....nice leg action dont you think?

7 hours ago, Thechook said:

Waste of supporters money, cant help who dont want or cant help themselves....

The life lesson is to be single and normal hitting 50...its a lesson money cant buy....old croc my mate was carrying on about 3 wives...well i was spared from that from the fruit cakes i met after going solo at 48.....i kinda have standards and i was reasonably lucky though ex wife struggled with mental illness during our marriage of 20 ys eventually it takes a toll..... sorry for who dont want to hear it but ben is looser big time and theres plenty like him, at least some i know have made en affort because they realise there not quite right....most of course dont get it...and i ve had a few relationships where thats been the case...1 in 5 aussies suffer mental illness at some point in there life and most of them are single because if you have issues in many cases that marriage wont last....think about it....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

..1 in 5 aussies suffer mental illness at some point in there life and most of them are single because if you have issues in many cases that marriage wont last....think about it....

The Percentage increases to 4/5 Aussies on Thaivisa, but 4.7/5 in Thailand are in a relationship...or relationships

5 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Waste of supporters money, cant help who dont want or cant help themselves....

The life lesson is to be single and normal hitting 50...its a lesson money cant buy....old croc my mate was carrying on about 3 wives...well i was spared from that from the fruit cakes i met after going solo at 48.....i kinda have standards and i was reasonably lucky though ex wife struggled with mental illness during our marriage of 20 ys eventually it takes a toll..... sorry for who dont want to hear it but ben is looser big time and theres plenty like him, at least some i know have made en affort because they realise there not quite right....most of course dont get it...and i ve had a few relationships where thats been the case...1 in 5 aussies suffer mental illness at some point in there life and most of them are single because if you have issues in many cases that marriage wont last....think about it....

Just to clarify, so you don't get too carried away about my life Alex.

I've only been officially married once, but I was also in two long term defacto relationships in Australia. All three relationships lasted about the same time, approx. ten years. The last lady I was with was 19 years younger than me. That ended when I was about 52 and, like you, I was not impressed with what I found were available in the pool of age appropriate, granny like piranhas'.

I was single for some years before finding my current Thai lady just over ten years ago. She visited Australia four times before I moved up here permanently in 2010.

Back to the footy, it is hard to feel for Bennie because of the amount of people who have tried to help him over the years without success. Few druggies get that level of support, but he has thrown it all away.

ST KILDA midfielder Luke Dunstan has received an infringement notice for being intoxicated in a public place early on Saturday morning. 

Dunstan was found asleep and was detained by the police before being fined and released.

The 21-year-old contacted the club immediately and fully co-operated with police.

He will face the club's leadership group next week to determine what internal sanctions he might face.

The Saints are on this leave this weekend having returned on Thursday from a training camp in New Zealand.

Saints football general manager Jamie Cox said Dunstan was apologetic and embarrassed by his actions. 

"Luke’s a trusted young man of strong character and we’re disappointed he has not met club expectations on this occasion," he told saints.com.au.

"This serves as a prescient reminder to our playing group of the importance of responsible consumption of alcohol." 

Dunstan has played 53 games in three seasons with the Saints.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Will27 said:

The government wants to try and introduce a new Bill to help addicts.

BUT, you're not eligible if you have a criminal record.

That wipes out about 90% of them.....great idea.

It was a very sad story to read yesterday. Almost as though the media gave him some slack without their sensational input. Almost toned it down. But addiction is a circle till broken. Same with this story. 

Harsh reality is that ice is tough to beat until there is nothing left. The proverbial 'rock bottom' is danker and colder than most of us know.

Cousins played the brand of football i love, spectators love. Never fit enough myself back then. Can only hope their are better outcomes hereon end.

19 hours ago, BookMan said:

It beggars the question though, no brownlow no post help..

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

ST KILDA midfielder Luke Dunstan has received an infringement notice for being intoxicated in a public place early on Saturday morning. 

Dunstan was found asleep and was detained by the police before being fined and released.

The 21-year-old contacted the club immediately and fully co-operated with police.

He will face the club's leadership group next week to determine what internal sanctions he might face.

The Saints are on this leave this weekend having returned on Thursday from a training camp in New Zealand.

Saints football general manager Jamie Cox said Dunstan was apologetic and embarrassed by his actions. 

"Luke’s a trusted young man of strong character and we’re disappointed he has not met club expectations on this occasion," he told saints.com.au.

"This serves as a prescient reminder to our playing group of the importance of responsible consumption of alcohol." 

Dunstan has played 53 games in three seasons with the Saints.

How does this minutiae even get to the media?

minutiae /mɪˈnjuːʃɪiː,mʌɪ-,-ʃɪʌɪ/ noun  the small, precise, or trivial details of something.

Footy clubs are so paranoid about PR transparency these days, they are quick to advise the media of any 'minutiae' transgressions by their players.

Much better than having such incidents leaked to gossip hounds like Damian Barrett to blow a story out of proportion, and then the club having to go into damage control.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Radar501 said:

minutiae /mɪˈnjuːʃɪiː,mʌɪ-,-ʃɪʌɪ/ noun  the small, precise, or trivial details of something.

Footy clubs are so paranoid about PR transparency these days, they are quick to advise the media of any 'minutiae' transgressions by their players.

Much better than having such incidents leaked to gossip hounds like Damian Barrett to blow a story out of proportion, and then the club having to go into damage control.

It is a minor incident.  he didnt really do anything bad only went to sleep sitting up on a bench at a taxi rank, waiting for a cab when the police drove by.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Radar501 said:

Glad you learnt something. 

But according to your logic, a football club advised the media in deference to a 'Damien Barrett' type report.

What club would do that in Cousins' case ?

Edited by optad

I'm  a little confused about this woman's league.  They say it will commence on Feb 3 and the grand final played as the curtain raiser for the Collingwood round 1 game.  The two ladies teams opening the competition will be  Collingwood V Carlton and they say the inaugural match (very 1st) has a long history of rivalry dating back to 1897.  How can a 1st have a long history of rivalry?  I'm not interested in this pre season women's crap and will be watching  the real teams and thier recruits go through their oakes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thechook said:

I'm  a little confused about this woman's league.  They say it will commence on Feb 3 and the grand final played as the curtain raiser for the Collingwood round 1 game.  The two ladies teams opening the competition will be  Collingwood V Carlton and they say the inaugural match (very 1st) has a long history of rivalry dating back to 1897.  How can a 1st have a long history of rivalry?  I'm not interested in this pre season women's crap and will be watching  the real teams and thier recruits go through their oakes. 

The Victorian Football League was established in 1896 when six of the strongest clubs in Victoria – Collingwood, Essendon, Fitzroy, Geelong, Melbourne and South Melbourne – broke away from the established Victorian Football Association to establish the new league.

Maybe the sheila's had a game in 1897 before the boys sent them back to baking cakes and washing jumpers.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Thechook said:

Thats an offensive pic

Was a very good players for us, walked in off the street and asked if he could train with us....apparently no one in the west saw anything in him...a Brownlow later got traded to the Pies and i have no idea why....a mate who's a pie man was besides himself.......mind you the Dee's toped up his hefty salary at the Pies....still no idea why he was moved on...

8 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Lazy boy col.....life almost caught up with him.....another who had it yet seldom used it...could have been anything yet his biggest claim to fame is falling from a balcony....the story of his career...