Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

9 hours ago, farmerjo said:

How far is this womens comp going?

Grass roots footy or just limited to one league for the one's the ufc rejects. 

The woman comp Mr Fj is an expertise in appeasing the footy mad fairer sex, the real die hard football supporter sees it as a gimmick, though the women in the round ball game i think now are included in the olympics so its not going to go away it will be hard to watch of course as skills mostly will be rather poor, if you tune into the VFL from time to time you can imagine that the sheilas wont even get close to that, i know one member here who will be all eyes, since Aussie rules isn't a world event it will be a purely local curtin raiser for the big boys, channel 7 the tabloid of TV is besides its self by broadcasting these sweating females yelping groaning and clawing there way around a paddock, me well....i have some class...i like my women well groomed and neatly dressed, maybe in time i might get swayed though its doubtful......

There is another way to look at it, Its filler for the silly season and Channel 7 will use it to warm up the ratings calendar for when ratings are back in full swing come March, its bound to get hungry football folk tuning in so as a marketing tool for both the AFL and 7 its likely to be a winner, expect it to stay though with the way the Tinker league operate you can expect many changes to the format in the future....

• Like 1

The girls will be great for corporate AFL and the game in general. It is a moneymaker no doubt, and great future investment. Given the changed laws over the last thirty years, AFL is now ideal for their participation. I have seen two games and like their attitude and their game's flow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, optad said:

The girls will be great for corporate AFL and the game in general. It is a moneymaker no doubt, and great future investment. Given the changed laws over the last thirty years, AFL is now ideal for their participation. I have seen two games and like their attitude and their game's flow. 

I can vouch for JoBlow on this...we would like to see the jumpers tighter with a bigger V neck....and they should develop a pushup sports bra....the shorts should be one size smaller and a throw back to the 70's, lace up on the sides would be cool....my ex wife use to wear a pair of them i banned her from wearing them out shopping, they could get some pointers from the NFL girls in dress style...

As for rules some changes should be made, like hair pulling and wrestling should be allowed....

When a goal is kicked rather than a high 5 butt slapping should be mandatory....Oh and lets not forget....they should wear make up, with make up touch up breaks every 10 min......

I think I've covered it all....if i left anything out Jo just post an update mate....

• Like 1

Well, the girls ran around okay end of 2016. Better than a lot of the blokes, game wise.  I saw a coupla games near northcote where the girls were closing as we would prepare. They were value added. Course that view won't swing with the dicks here. Someone mentioned cricket. I'd rather watch the girls kicking the footy than dave warner or smith try to emulate what i saw growing up. Those guys are suspiciously troubled.  Each to their own i s.pose

Edited by optad

3 minutes ago, optad said:

Well, the girls ran around okay end of 2016. Better than a lot of the blokes, game wise.  I saw a coupla games near northcote where the girls were closing as we would prepare. They were value added. Course that view won't swing with the dicks here. Someone mentioned cricket. I'd rather watch the girls kicking the footy than dave warner or smith try to emulate what i saw growing up watching. Those guys are female. Each to their own i pose.

It's a novelty.   I don't watch other women's sports apart from mud wrestling. I have no interest in women's football, I would rather watch boring soccer and that's never going to happen

Actually equity is why the money is flowing freely atm but I am not sure how many of you guys are involved at club level but it's not a novelty. Might be in Thailand with older p'sov but TV and AFL will script/finance this and then momentum will come too. There is money behind the push and their game is not so bad once you dust off the bias. It is staying. 

Far be it from me though to disturb you happy sanctity. 

12 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

I can vouch for JoBlow on this...we would like to see the jumpers tighter with a bigger V neck....and they should develop a pushup sports bra....the shorts should be one size smaller and a throw back to the 70's, lace up on the sides would be cool....my ex wife use to wear a pair of them i banned her from wearing them out shopping, they could get some pointers from the NFL girls in dress style...

As for rules some changes should be made, like hair pulling and wrestling should be allowed....

When a goal is kicked rather than a high 5 butt slapping should be mandatory....Oh and lets not forget....they should wear make up, with make up touch up breaks every 10 min......

I think I've covered it all....if i left anything out Jo just post an update mate....

Haha!!!   You have covered it..

I suggest a recruitment drive to Cuba and environs for new talent for the Woman’s AFL expanded competition 2018.

Maybe you could get Chimpy to help.

• Like 2

Agree with most everything you have said BM. 

I just think 'we' have discounted what is really happening on the ground. And by this I mean, literal participation rates and the potential media avenues. The girls are coming down to northcote in exponential numbers post those games with some publicity. It has caused increased involvement even from my student base. Parents too want  to watch son and daughters exercise. Semantically in this thread it's termed 'novelty'  but in my working world it has opened huge doors no one wants to see closed. Unless you hold views that needs borders to feel better about football. I understand that world too,  but all i see is growth. The media will conform. The AFL pledged  a wages program.  It is a pathway for girls. Maribyrnong high school has scholarships in place for gift female footballers. 

Change is not my problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, optad said:

Actually equity is why the money is flowing freely atm but I am not sure how many of you guys are involved at club level but it's not a novelty. Might be in Thailand with older p'sov but TV and AFL will script/finance this and then momentum will come too. There is money behind the push and their game is not so bad once you dust off the bias. It is staying. 

Far be it from me though to disturb you happy sanctity. 

Nothing to do with bias.

If I don't like it, I don't like it.

The fact that it's played by woman has nothing to do with it.

I don't find it enjoyable to watch.

End of.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, optad said:

Well, the girls ran around okay end of 2016. Better than a lot of the blokes, game wise.  I saw a coupla games near northcote where the girls were closing as we would prepare. They were value added. Course that view won't swing with the dicks here. Someone mentioned cricket. I'd rather watch the girls kicking the footy than dave warner or smith try to emulate what i saw growing up. Those guys are suspiciously troubled.  Each to their own i s.pose

To be fair to Warner, he has really pulled his head in this past few years.

Especially since being made VC.

Don't what Smith has done to rattle your cage, apart from make a truckload of runs.

Each to their own I guess............

Warner is a wnaker. Puff and toke but he will always remain so.  The Aus team has the gen 'y'  "me" / the kevin pietersen syndrome not the recent Micheal Hussey outlook . They took their integrity on leaving seemingly. Such a short period to lose so much.

Footy is better Will

Edited by optad

7 hours ago, joboss said:

Haha!!!   You have covered it..

I suggest a recruitment drive to Cuba and environs for new talent for the Woman’s AFL expanded competition 2018.

Maybe you could get Chimpy to help.

Ahhhh many a man has lost his head there in Havana....

9 hours ago, Thechook said:

It's a novelty.   I don't watch other women's sports apart from mud wrestling. I have no interest in women's football, I would rather watch boring soccer and that's never going to happen

9 hours ago, Thechook said:

Your all class Mr CHOOKS...

Chris Dawes honesty is almost too rich for the media.

He is a good person and very smart individual. I know his father well. Chris was never happy at melbourne but had a good crack at football.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/exdemon-chris-dawes-embarrassed-at-the-way-his-afl-career-finished-20161212-gt9c2a.html

Always another draft for the dees, though. 

5 hours ago, optad said:

Chris Dawes honesty is almost too rich for the media.

He is a good person and very smart individual. I know his father well. Chris was never happy at melbourne but had a good crack at football.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/exdemon-chris-dawes-embarrassed-at-the-way-his-afl-career-finished-20161212-gt9c2a.html

Always another draft for the dees, though. 

Im sure Chris was not happy at Melbourne because Paul Roos would have never recruited  him, he came because of that incompetent former Collingwood assistant coach Needle.....

From day one he was injury prone and he walked into a hot bed that was about to explode, no one at the club in those days was "happy" add the constant injuries what do you expect?

Even though we never saw much if any good footy from chris i was of the opinion that he was still worth a place on the list, a big robust froward like him are not falling out of the sky every draft, have no idea who they replaced him with, coming back from yet another injury this season he managed to have some impact up forward, I'm guessing he wasn't Roos or Goodwin's idea of the type of player they wanted.....Seeing the improvement to date i wont bag the decision.

The Dees were able to go after and get Mitch Clarke and Chris Dawes who both were the best players available in both the years they were available, even as a basket case the Dee's could pull it off....apart from the obvious Chris had little impact during his time at the club both had a private bed at St Vincents Hospital....i can say we came out in front with medical insurance on those 2 guys, Chris would have been lucky to play 15 games of a possible 80 and that other fella we got about maybe 25 in 3 seasons.....

7 hours ago, BookMan said:

The young scamp pulls the elite.  I've been living off his discards for years now

You guys wont let me forget.....the second pic is looking out my apartment window.......university girls, this is around 10.30 in the morning most are in class but there is a never ending procession in and out all day with many sitting on the step waiting for someone...great way to have your morning coffee 3 times....and pic 3.....i have some class Books....this is esmeralda or something like that just 22, she spoke no english yet we managed to communicate we had a few dates one was at a dance club, she moves with grace and poise the wiggling of the hips and there nice hips was a delight to see even better when she's in your arms....this girl would make the cut in the new AFL womens league she knows where the balls are.....

Ps i have a 33 second movie of miss e wriggling around the dance floor unfortunately ThaiVisa wont allow me to upload it claims the file is too big....

IMG_9191.JPG

fullsizeoutput_8c0.jpeg

IMG_8916.JPG

Edited by AlexRRR
added a word
  • Like 1

The whereabouts of Jobe Watson’s 2012 Brownlow Medal is still a mystery.

THE AFL is refusing to say if Jobe Watson has been asked to return his Brownlow Medal.  Asked where Watson’s medal was, his manager Craig Kelly said: “Dog ate it.”  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thechook said:

The whereabouts of Jobe Watson’s 2012 Brownlow Medal is still a mystery.

THE AFL is refusing to say if Jobe Watson has been asked to return his Brownlow Medal.  Asked where Watson’s medal was, his manager Craig Kelly said: “Dog ate it.”  

I wouldn't give it back of i was him...

What a kerfuffle the whole thing is...

The AFL should have brought in a similar rule change like when it made the Nathan Fyfe rule.  "...A player is ineligible unless he wears a man bun and is a media darling"

• Like 1