Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

On 7/6/2019 at 10:38 AM, Will27 said:

For Alex and Radar.

Courtesy of Titus.

Carlton vs Melbourne (MCG) Fox 1:10pm

Two sides who have spent the last few decades tormenting their fans on a level that would normally be referred to as bullying.

I’m looking forward to going to this about as much as a serious surgery with no anaesthetic.

The Blues fans started the season with no hope and things got worse from there, until David Teague came along and suddenly the Carlton faithful have hope.

Melbourne fans started the season with hope and then it plummeted away like a plane in a downward tailspin, except there’s no end to it. There’s no sweet ground rising up to take away all this pain.

A loss here and it won’t be the worst humiliation they’ve had in recent years; it will just be another they can add to the very impressive collection they’ve built up.

Either side can lose this, Melbourne should win, but they shouldn’t be 16th on the ladder, so making the impossible come true is sort of their thing, in a negative way.

Carlton wins here and they would need to start seriously considering making Teague their permeant coach. I know he doesn’t bring the big reputation Carlton boards usually go for, but he wins, and I think Blues fans could come to like that.

In this case I think the Dees will win but I’m not confident.

Carlton for me

• Like 1

McGovern and Barrass giving it the Harry Highpants treatment after last nights derby.

Jeremy McGovern and Tom Barrass show off their new shorts style.Jeremy McGovern and Tom Barrass show off their new shorts style.Picture: AFL Photos

Edited by Will27
  • Haha 1

You can check your AFL Tipping competition overall ranking on the site Gaz, it's right under your name.

I suspect that many have had a bad year, I'm 46044 / 267884 which is higher than deserves.

I'm sure that there are thousands well below you.

• Like 1

A wrap up of the Melbourne/Carlton game courtesy of Mr O'Reily.

Carlton (100) v Melbourne (105)

There was not a lot of winners in this. Carlton didn’t win, football certainly lost, and Melbourne, while technically getting four points, didn’t really win.

Carlton probably came the closest to winning, they had Patrick Cripps, Harry McKay and Charlie Curnow all missing and still almost won. 

If they managed to learn how to start games, they’d be unstoppable. 

The game itself was a glorified game of kick to kick, as both teams turned the ball over with such regularity they might as well have all been wearing the same jumpers.

Melbourne dominated for large parts of this game and had a 38-point lead in the third quarter and still managed to give up their lead.

Now to be fair, Melbourne had lost Marty Hore after he suffered a broken collarbone, Tom McDonald, who’d booted six until he went off after hurting his knee and Harry Petty who was on the bench with a concussion.

Add to this Max Gawn was an out before the game. 

Still, it’s hard not to think there were plenty of times Melbourne could have finished the job early only to not convert their opportunities.

When a Mitch Hannan kick from beyond 60m bounced all the way to an unguarded goal square, only to stop dead, millimetres from goal, every Melbourne fan saw it as a metaphor for our cursed existence.

Luckily, Jayden Hunt can kick straight, or this might have been it for me. 

Well, not really, I’ve sunk too much into this to pull out now. Yes, I know it’s the sunk cost fallacy. That’s Melbourne’s business model.

The Melbourne Football Club undermines every economist who has ever advocated Rational choice theory as a way of modelling society.

As for Carlton, Teague certainly has them fighting. The Blues could certainly do worse for a coach and have, frequently.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

Oh yes....sitting comfortably on the couch during the 3rd quarter....then to pull the brakes on......no need for being negative, im sure Goodwin was relived casue there heading for a hiding next 7 weeks....

But hey....my fita manger team Leeds United were buzzing through the lower ranks only spent one year in the championship finnished top of the ladder....toooooo be on struggle street in the Premier league....looking down the barrel of relegation for most of the second half of the season to narrowly escape the drop....a few tweks a new playlist a few new players and WILL's ur uncle sitting pretty at 2cd at 5=0=1.....there for the maths could be a rejuvinated team with several low draft picks creaming the opposition next year...sim salsa bin who?

You still here Alex, heard you were off on a holiday to mount pinay,

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ozzydom said:

You still here Alex, heard you were off on a holiday to mount pinay,

Ahhh thats august and i canceled today....glad i got a flexi but......they want a new date unbelievable hey? so i got a couple of weeks to work out my trip to phillie with side trip over to see you and uncle WILL, say nov ok?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Radar501 said:

Letters To The Editor, Herald - Sun Newspaper, 8th July 2019.   CYRIL SAID.........

DSC00021.JPG

Im ashamed of you RADAR....its called progress......are you one of them fellas that has the radio dial glued to Gold FM?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Radar501 said:

I'm very UNASHAMED of how I like my footy, Alexis   Can't remember when I saw the last decent hip and shoulder that rattled a few bones......coz  all the players are sheet scared that the bump might go high and then get rubbed out for a game or two.

If wasting most of the game by kicking back and forward around witches hats in the back half is called progress, then I am a T-rex and refuse to evolve.

And wots this Gold FM thingy?   My little transistor radio dial used to move between 3XY for me head banging music and 3DB for me sports.   Both AM stations and both extinct for about three decades now.

Teddy Whitten Snr. would be rolling in his grave the way AFL is heading.

VH-MJO-01-740.jpg

You couldnt have watched sunday's game then fella......

That dreadful paper goes with 3DB...awful....