Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Good full forwards don't come up for sale that often.

Oscar McDonald is injured so he will be a plus.

Still doesn't account for a drop to 17th though.

I believe McCartin might be available at the end of the year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ozzydom said:

you mean Tom.????

Yes he meant Tom.....was still in the ephoria off the win there ozz...

Oscar everyone knows is a back man and im still peed off he hasnt come back since the drubbing Jerka Jenking gave him....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Will27 said:

Good full forwards don't come up for sale that often.

Oscar McDonald is injured so he will be a plus.

Still doesn't account for a drop to 17th though.

Very simple maths dear WILL....55% of the team didnt get a preseason to speak off....11 under the knife, well documented when they went looking for an excuse....

Nev Jetta was out half the season....Everyone knew about leaver...May has played 4 games T Macdonald carried an injury most of the year...Viney was out a bit too...gees a few others....think we one of the hardest hit injury wise this year.

BUT...there should have been a pick up in the second half of the season and there wasnt....becasue the smarties had been playing russian roulette with the assistant coaches...

Also and well documented by me....Baylie Frich god how ever you spell it was being sacrificed in defence all year long untill recently....dont like to tell Goodwin i told you so but i did tell everyone here he is a god dam speckie marking forward equal on the ground....and of course Mamouth Bren Pruss should be played rotating in the ruck and resting forward....had an off day yesterday but it was easy to see the damage our resting ruckman could do no?

What to do what to do????? having Hogan wouldnt have added more than a couple of goals and hes beginning to look like he has shares in Perth Royal Hospital hey? Tell ya where we failed...clearing Tyson to North....dont think hes done much there but a fit outside running mid we have missed all year long...all out premium mids are inside scrum types...not one of them knows how to get out wide and recive then run like a gazelle not a one....

So whats on the shopping list? a couple of outside mid forward types....this Langdon from Freo is he one? aparently were front box office to land the dude....We can make a nice decent package of Streach Jay Harris what ever and throw in Gartlet and the other duel name mid forward who has no longer got a clue...Number 30....

VandenBerg....love him....missed every game this season....you know what....clear him to the Swans.

And....Goodwin needs a mentor....just as the Pies restructred so should we... its possible Simple Simon is doing to much, seems tooooo nice with the boys tooooooo, did you notice yesterday Salem with arm over Goodwin's shoulder during the 3/4 huddle? i did....were is the fear of god? now if your loved to much there isnt to much incentive to get the hard yakka going is there?

• Like 2

Hope Titus O'Reily's review cheers you up FJ.

Brisbane (87) v North Melbourne (75)

There will rightly be a big focus on the free-kick awarded to Oscar McInerney in the dying stages of the game, but the umpiring had been rather abysmal throughout the game.

The free-kick was so bad that the AFL even admitted they were wrong. They rarely do that.

The umpires seemed to go out of their way in this one to find free kicks, often awarding them if someone lightly brushed an opponent. 

They went both ways too, against Brisbane and North. 

The Lions may have been lucky at the end, but they shouldn’t have needed the umpires to win, if they’d kicked a bit straighter during the game. 

After being jumped in the opening quarter, they clawed their way back, to the point it seemed very likely they might run over the top of them.

It means the Lions will be playing finals which are a tournament held at the end of the season to decide the premier.  

GOALS
Brisbane: Christensen 3, Lyons 2, Cameron 2, McInerney 2, McCluggage 2, Rich
North Melbourne: Brown 3, Wood 2, Larkey 2, Thomas 2, Higgins, Cunnington, Polec, 
BEST
Brisbane: Fisher, Stevic, Stephens
North Melbourne: Higgins, Cunnington, Polec, Dumont, Anderson, Williams

• Haha 2

Rises and sliders......your club in a nutshell..... https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-07-24/player-ratings-who-are-your-clubs-risers-and-sliders

Dee's riser is Wayne Harmes..... as a dedicated glutton for punshiment i watch this lot every week... and my thinking is Wayne is on par with last year in terms off getting the  ball, the stats might prove more awsum that pure sight gives but the fact is he dont hurt the opposition like he did last year...

The slider and its WILLs mate not Oscar who hasnt played a game since Jenkins killed him stone dead and Simon says there beefing him up to play a role on bigger men out at Casey wich you can say is the 2's but big bro Tom....harsh i thinks as the guy has been carrying an injury most of the year, i could name at least 16 sliders....with a few going to Freo for Langdon....

North....now who would have thought hey? Todd Goldstein....happens when an unpopular coach leaves i guess....

The slider is number 50 who would have looked good in the Demons forward line last year...Ben Brown....may have been in love with Scott...might be looking for a transfer too, i know a team desprate for a half decent forward....

Tigers riser is Don Prestia....took the money and has performed....

Slider is Dusty Martin...took the money bought NZ North Island so pop cant be evicted and now is playing out his contract....trying not to get injuries that will carry in to his old age...

Saints...riser is Jack Gresham...not a Stevens i notice oh well

Slider is another Jack...there got a few of them down there in the muddy paddocks Newnes...never heard of him...well there you are...

Swans....riser is George Hewett....you can tell i dont watch other teams much...dont know him...

Big slider is Isaac Heeney know a few people who wont like that....

WCE...riser is Dee bound Elliot Yeo...the sharp money is on him moving east....

Slider is Josh Kennedy......well blow me down with a feather....if hes there slider we will have him no questions asked....

Trade whispers .....Freo Pair Langdon whos been liken with the Dee's since the start of the year and Brad Hill are wanting out and to catch an eastern brezze....

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2019-unloved-experiment-aflx-wont-return-for-2020-according-to-essendon-great-tim-watson/news-story/25d441c6e174ade2be54d2a623f1bdb7 Thank GOD.......

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trade-talks-ramp-up-clubs-want-tight-controls-on-mid-season-trade-20190723-p52a1q.html This is pure bullocks, cant belive how dificult they want to make it.....out of contract or "you are free to seek out a new club" plus anyone outside the AFL thank you very much....

NFL starts soon...priase be to the one up high....go Browns Patriots Bills etc etc...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wendyfromoz said:

Cats to resume quest to lure star Saint.

TEN months after almost luring Jack Steven away from St Kilda, Geelong is preparing another bid for the four-time Saints best-and-fairest winner.

Geelong doesn't need another gun midfielder 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Thechook said:

Now being revealed that Steven is home sick which contributed to his mental health issues.  He wants to go home and be closer to family and the saints won't stand in his way.  

Geelong is a long way from Melbourne  70kms about an hours drive.  

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww home sick.......professional fooooooooie.....Confucius say Man with one hand in pocket not necessarily jingling change.....Confucius also says....When called idiot better to be quite, than open mouth and remove all dout....

• Like 1

Well chaps.....cemented to 17th spot with super glue of the space industry type....means were not going anywhere....coming up with a Ratten inspired Saints.....with so many outs tonight expect a waltz in the park for the Saints at Marvel formely known as Docklands that former disgraced Melbourne Mayor suggested to pull down, anyway on a better note this week the Victory have landed 2 Socceroos...not 1 but 2....Robbie Kruise is coming home from Germany and Andrew Nabbout slipping out of Sth Korea to play along side Olie, new coach Marco Kurz has been pictured and splashed all over the sports section of the Age wearing what Kev Muscat made famous.....the Mirabella embroded shirt and suite.......some one should fire bomb the Brunswick Mirabella store, just a suggestion....

There was a lot of that back in 70's and 80's especially along Sydney Rd Brunswick but hey Lygon st didnt escape it....i managed to get a half price lounge suite out of one of these stores before phuff.....it went up in smoke...now i know whythe owner was eager for me to pick it up early....

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 2

@ the 19 seconds to go mark it sumed up the demon season in a nutshell.....with apple tv giving me the shits...u need physic powers to operate it becasue there is absolutly nothing on the remote....but frustration.....think i will check out vodapone's new streaming box...at lest its remote has the up and down and this way side way and that sideway thingos on it....had to move to the pc......also an apple but no problems.....smart enough to turn the sound down on the game and have utube going on in the back ground...well...two basket cases playing a game of footy...so where did it all go wrong?

Positives? 35 n 38.....looking like something....eventualy....Hunt has had a good season...

The rest have droped at least 10% lot of reasons.....the game is super competitive and not much bettween 4th and the rest...

Goodwin should have a look at himself too, to much faith in ur players WILL bring you down...cut cut cut should be the off season mantra...still cant get over Salems arm over Goodwin during the 3/4 huddle last week....maye im old fashioned...

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:56 AM, Thechook said:

Now being revealed that Steven is home sick which contributed to his mental health issues.  He wants to go home and be closer to family and the saints won't stand in his way.  

Geelong is a long way from Melbourne  70kms about an hours drive.  

<deleted>!

Homesick, he's an hour away from home.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

@ the 19 seconds to go mark it sumed up the demon season in a nutshell.....with apple tv giving me the shits...u need physic powers to operate it becasue there is absolutly nothing on the remote....but frustration.....think i will check out vodapone's new streaming box...at lest its remote has the up and down and this way side way and that sideway thingos on it....had to move to the pc......also an apple but no problems.....smart enough to turn the sound down on the game and have utube going on in the back ground...well...two basket cases playing a game of footy...so where did it all go wrong?

Positives? 35 n 38.....looking like something....eventualy....Hunt has had a good season...

The rest have droped at least 10% lot of reasons.....the game is super competitive and not much bettween 4th and the rest...

Goodwin should have a look at himself too, to much faith in ur players WILL bring you down...cut cut cut should be the off season mantra...still cant get over Salems arm over Goodwin during the 3/4 huddle last week....maye im old fashioned...

Goodwin is lucky he was given an extension IMO.

I know there's a few players underdone but there were 15

players from last years prelim plus Leave in yesterdays side.

If Melbourne don't make finals next year, he's Max Gawn I reckon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Goodwin is lucky he was given an extension IMO.

I know there's a few players underdone but there were 15

players from last years prelim plus Leave in yesterdays side.

If Melbourne don't make finals next year, he's Max Gawn I reckon.

I want to make it perfectly clear if we don't hit the top 4 spot next year I personally will burn down the MCG....

Yes he's dam lucky...I suspect they knew the impending gloom that was to descend on the playing rabble so to nip it in the bud cause the last thing we need is a feeding frenzy by the press was to extend his contract....from this year I have seen no master strokes by the coach to suggest he has any real foresight or even great ideas about positioning....I mean Pruss and Fritch just yell at you....

Think its time clubs take a closer look at WCE, never down never far from being up when there not, pick off a flag every now and then, some good club running there....even Swans since the mid 90's....

Anyway some good blooding players this year, the 2 Wagners...42 is beginning to get games under his belt and looked good last night...35 and Tim Smith 38 look like key players in the future.....Streach WILL never make it, Gartlet won't get the team fired up...Jay Kennedy Harris is a passenger, one thing clear all season long is no outside mids with speed, they might've to make a hard decision on one of our grunt mids....trade bait....

Good luck to you mr Chooks and the Saints hope they keep you entertained for the next 4 weeks....all I can say I have the American football starting next month to take my mind away....

• Like 1

ATT: Radar

I'm more worried about next weeks game than I was 6 weeks ago.

Can you have a word to Teague about taking the foot of the gas for next week?

And while I'm at it, Rip, can you have a word to Horse about today's game as well?

Thanks boys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1