Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

4 hours ago, farmerjo said:

It's that time of year Alex,kicking back watching the crops grow and doing all the little mr fixit jobs for the mrs around the house.

Being a cricket buff as well,been watching the shield(marsh) match WA v Vics on cricket.com.au,hopefully we can bowl you out today for an outright.

Sorry no bigger windows,small will be back in fashion before you know it and if we ever have day light saving here i will have saved on replacement curtain costs.

Speaking of cars had when you look back mine definately weren't chick pullers.

HQ ute,Cortina TF,XD falcon,Mazda 626,Mitsubishi Magna,FJ 40 landcruiser,HX holden ute,Hilux ute,another Hilux ute,International Scout ute,Toyota personnel carrier(great for the bowls and cricket teams)and since in Thailand 3x Mazda BT50's.

Picked up 4 wickets in the first session FJ.

Maxwell looking dangerous.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Nearly there,couple of more wickets after tea and will probably need to get 30 runs.????

We got the choccies FJ.

Jhye Richardson is bowling well.

Reckon he would've been handy in the Ashes.

• Like 1

I was a bit out chasing 30,needed nine.

It's all changed this year,we were once the Warriors????,they were the Bushrangers.

Now i guess we just sent the Mexicans back across the border.????

Sorry it's off topic but  AFL is all about the girls teams now on the website.

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 2

On 10/24/2019 at 1:29 AM, farmerjo said:

Keyless start!

I never would of made it home from the pub after training in one of those.

The house keys would not of fitted.????

Congrats on the new pride and joy.

Key less start means country bumcking, the key stays in your pocket, when you jump in in said mobile the key is doing an alien transmitting thingo like your phone, you know where all going to get brain cancer with all these things anyway the modern starship picks up the transmission and allows the car to start when you push a button....i didnt realize how much i would miss that feature..;;... did you know that the old Jags had push button starts? catch was you had to stick the key into the dash and turn it to on then press the chrome metal button near by...Anyway Fj keyless start would have been to your benift in your <deleted> pot days before TW tamed you....even blind in both eyes from the grog all you had to do was run your hand over the dash untill you found it then presto your on your way...

We have come along way from Buffalo pulling the cart and the crank handle in front of the engine Fj, ive seen some of the antiques in Thailand....they call cars, one ex TGF's old man had a Ford Cortina in baby silver blue, around early 60's vintage it was his take the mrs to the supermarket or market transport the rest of the time he had a Vesper copy....Ho and i did want to buy a real vesper 60's job i stumbled across in a night market back in 2012, no push button start on that dear Fj...it was a jump crack with the good old right leg, only wanted 65,000 B at the time....31B to the $ then.....peanuts for a real Itailan Vesper....

• Like 2

Just a quick update 24 hrs after picking up the Golf.....it has keyless entry......it means fj even blind drunk you can get into the car and start it, though i strongly recomend you dont especialy in Thailand, enough idiots on the road there and i normaly avoid driving there if i can.

The key stays in your pocket only have to rub ur greasy finger over the sensor in the door handle to lock and unlock...jump in and press that big shiny silver buitton to fire up the turbo...

My only disappointment is that the car did not come with this great feature when parked and engine off the side mirrors tuck in so idiots like me who sometimes get close to park cars clip mirrors driving past....Well to be fair to me firday some ass hole in a duel cab 4WD sped up and forced me into a narrow space...cliping mirrors of a parked car so hard it poped out off its internal socket...hope he gets his karma soon..like all 4 wheels falling off at 100ks an hour down hill ...the other time on the Westgate bridge a very wide semi trailer ripped off my mirror, bith times in my ute...so there.....lucky i have a panel beater for a brother with his own shop...

• Like 2

It's happening early Alex!

What's the verdict gang?

As usual, Radar's mob get's a gimme for round 1:tongue:

Round 1 fixtures.

Thursday, March 19

Richmond v Carlton at the MCG, 7.25pm AEDT

Friday, March 20

Western Bulldogs v Collingwood at Marvel Stadium, 7.50pm AEDT

Saturday, March 21

Essendon v Fremantle at Marvel Stadium, 1.45pm AEDT
Adelaide v Sydney at Adelaide Oval, 4.05pm ACDT
Greater Western Sydney v Geelong at Giants Stadium, 7.25pm AEDT
Gold Coast v Port Adelaide at Metricon Stadium, 6.25pm AEST

Sunday, March 22

North Melbourne v St Kilda at Marvel Stadium, 1.10pm AEDT
Hawthorn v Brisbane at the MCG, 3.20pm AEDT
West Coast v Melbourne at Optus Stadium, 3.20pm AWST

• Like 2

On 10/27/2019 at 11:18 AM, Will27 said:

I preferred Stevie Nicks myself.

Having said that, I wouldn't be kicking her out of bed for farting.

Word on the Soi is that Alex preferred the other blonde.

Benny I think his name was.

Speaking of Triumph's.

The brother had a Spitfire and a Stag.

Both nice cars but always needing repairs.

He also had a Alfa Romeo Spyder which was great.

Image result for alfa romeo spyder

Edit* Nice touch with the ladies wearing the Carlton jumpers Radar.

I do have a thing for blondes and mousie colored hair on females...i use to like some aussie tv star for quite a while then Kim showed up, Bassenger, a few more blondes along the way untill Scarlett arrived....Johansson not sure what her color hair is but she WILL do me, like my cars i change my women too....

Older brother of a mate and his mates all driving Trump TR4,5 andmaybe a 6 in there toooo...now there a hot machine still...after that...TR6 guy got his little bro to work, my mate, building a XU1 out of a Torana droped a 186s in it and it flew...he never left anything stock, when he got married and got his butcher business going his last car before suburbia was a honey, bought a Holden 1962 had done just 32,000 miles were talking mid 70's droped a 186S in it of course, 4 speed manaro box and diff with HR rear end fitted it out with Austin 1800 interior, rear seats of course were stripped and put over the orginals...looked magic...even put in air con before the days of it being normal...bloody was quick, they were a bunch of petrol heads at the end of the street...gleaming yellow XY phase 3 that threw me into the boot when he took off...ex bathurst one too restored, and before that same guy with a Beetle with full blown Porcher bits twiking his mucle of love.....wheels so wide he flared the guards....

Another mate restored a E type Jag felt funny driving it down Lygon st, put the foot down and 10 meters of bonet flew up like it was going to jet off....of course it wasnt stock, banna in color red leather, (he played around with a Cooper S for a while too) , poor guy sunk every $ he earned into this jag for 3 or 4 ys, he looked like a beggar no money for clothes or grooming...well he was still an apprentice motor mechanic but hey...after a couple of years he said the car was driving him nuts any sound he tear the car down to find it...so he sold it.....helped him buy his first house.

I did hot up a XT falcon 302 once, jag man helped me, should have flew like a rocket instead it was a slug, well it wasnt a slug better than your average work car for sure, i dont know why i just didnt get a buzz outof it so i got rid of it and ended up with the S a real fun car...

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1