Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Looks like Kane Cornes is watching TVF.

Apr 29, 2020 AFL - we are worried about the competitive advantage of the Perth teams having a group kick-to-kick. Also AFL - Hey Richmond heres 7 games in a row at the MCG

5FotEvVT_normal.jpg
SEN 1116

@1116sen
This is an absolute joke" Kane Cornes blasts “VFL-centric” AFL for reported shutdown of WA advantage | http://sen.lu/2W2GWnS | #AFL
Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Looks like Kane Cornes is watching TVF.

Apr 29, 2020 AFL - we are worried about the competitive advantage of the Perth teams having a group kick-to-kick. Also AFL - Hey Richmond heres 7 games in a row at the MCG

✅

5FotEvVT_normal.jpg
SEN 1116

@1116sen
This is an absolute joke" Kane Cornes blasts “VFL-centric” AFL for reported shutdown of WA advantage | http://sen.lu/2W2GWnS | #AFL

He is stalking you Khun WIll

• Haha 2

On 4/28/2020 at 10:31 AM, Will27 said:

Now let me think, would I prefer to play Geelong at the Cattery or at home?

Would Collingwood prefer to play WC at the Gee or in Perth?

Home ground advantages are real uncle Alex.

That's one of the reasons Geelong keeps playing finals.

They're almost unbeatable on their home deck so they bank

about 10 wins a year.

But they keep getting found out at the MCG during finals.

geesssssss might be becasue the Cats are a good team that win at home often, even a under dunnie mob like mine have done em at home not that long ago, same weagkles.....if your a top club it WILL be hard to be beaten at home....wheres a Tigers Pies and Dees and who ever else call the G home are much less likely to win even as a top club if there playing another top club especialy a co tenant so there for the maths says MCC should get rid of the other 3 and just leave it the G to the Dees like it was for 90 years....before...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/28/2020 at 10:50 AM, Will27 said:

When the Hawks won their 3peat, they finished below all three of their interstate opponents on the ladder,

yet got a home ground advantage in the GF's.

In 2015, we belted them at home in the qualifying final but they got us in the GF on their home deck.

That's why Brisbane's 3peat, IMO is much more impressive.

Ask any Melbourne club if they'd prefer to play an interstate side in the GF or a Melbourne

based side and I reckon in the vast majority (if not all) of cases, they'd pick the interstate clubs.

I'm not crying over it, because it is what it is.

But saying their is no home ground advantage is pure folly.

Break out the voilins.....hey CHOOK...every year, yes every year we go over this....like its a stuck vinal record...did have the odd 33RPM get stuck.....im not even going to bang on how they all wanted to jump in and onto the gravey train that was the VFL nor will i remind the AFL is a renamed VFL....Next year im just going to ignore it....ALL....

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/28/2020 at 11:22 AM, Will27 said:

On the QT, Chimpy just sent me this photo he took of Uncle Alex's backyard.

Big knickers on a washing line. Stock Photo

Dont laugh....the young kiki under daks resembled them.....well close...thats why i took it upon myself to try and get her to upgrade her daks.,...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Dont laugh....the young kiki under daks resembled them.....well close...thats why i took it upon myself to try and get her to upgrade her daks.,...

If she was always walking around in the nude  why'd u bother?

2 minutes ago, Will27 said:

It's back baby!

I assume BM, Uncle Alex and Radar are shipping a few crates to Chiang Rai for Rip, Scea and myself as I type.

The Polly Waffle is back!

https___prod.static9.net.jpg

Really one of my all time favourites.

Glad that Nestle sold the label to someone else rather than just shut it down

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BookmanBkk said:

For reference, this is more the type i go for. Note the plain white underwear.

BooksStyle1.jpg

No football, in lockdown so the boys are going through the lingerie catalogues.  Let me guess, trying to find something nice for a mother's day gift.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

No football, in lockdown so the boys are going through the lingerie catalogues.  Let me guess, trying to find something nice for a mother's day gift.

Spot on mate

Its hard to keep track of all the past and present GFs so Chimps did me up an excellent hard copy alphabetical catalogue of the past greatest hits

Edited by BookmanBkk

On 4/30/2020 at 8:53 PM, Will27 said:

It's back baby!

I assume BM, Uncle Alex and Radar are shipping a few crates to Chiang Rai for Rip, Scea and myself as I type.

The Polly Waffle is back!

https___prod.static9.net.jpg

My go to chokie bar when I was growing up along with the Vanila slice and a bag of Twistes....thanks mum...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Will27 said:

I'm starting to like the Cornes family:smile:

The AFL must make the fixture more equitable following the coronavirus pandemic

As much as we love it and despite all the thrills, excitement, joy and heartache it has given us over the years, the AFL is a flawed competition.

However, as with a much-loved relative or friend we’ve overlooked the flaws, or at the very least, tolerated them.

There will never be a better time to get it right.

With this COVID-19 disrupted season the AFL virtually has a clean slate with which to design a much more equitable competition.

Football is definitely going to look a lot different when it eventually resumes. Let’s ensure it looks a lot better.

The biggest problem of the competition is the fixture.

It’s easy to call it a fixture because the system is rigged to give the biggest advantage to the strongly supported Victorian clubs.

When AFL executives’ key performance indicators are based on attendances and television ratings (and therefore revenue), their fixture is going to favour clubs like Collingwood, Richmond and Essendon.

For instance, last season Collingwood was gifted 10 matches that were played in the coveted Thursday or Friday timeslots.

Even a club like Carlton, which by any measure has been a basket-case for the best part of a decade, is scheduled to play in prime spots like the season-opener.

It is a draw weighted very heavily in favour of the Melbourne-based teams.

How often, for instance, is one of the popular Melbourne-based teams scheduled to play the dreaded Sunday evening game on the MCG? Rarely.

The non-Victorian teams, especially those from Perth, are severely disadvantaged by having to travel every second week.

The grind of having to fly in and play every second week takes its toll.

In the 33 years that the Eagles have been in the AFL, not one West Coast player has reached the 300-game milestone.

Given the club’s history of success it’s an amazing statistic.

It would be met with typical Victorian hysteria but it would be much fairer in a 22 round season if the non-Victorian teams were scheduled to play two more minor round games on their home grounds.

That would mean fewer games on the MCG or at the Marvel Stadium and sometimes two games on the same weekend in Adelaide and Perth but why couldn’t that work?

Last season Richmond played 13 games on the MCG, including the last six matches of the minor round (as well as four games at Marvel).

It’s an enormous, unfair advantage.

However, note the outcry when Adelaide Oval was mooted as one of the hubs for this pandemic-impacted season.

“Too much of a home-ground advantage for Port and the Crows”, they wailed.

The hypocrisy is overwhelming. Actually the hubs are another way of ensuring equity in a season.

Players accommodated in similar facilities playing on standardised grounds would definitely even out the competition.

Then there is the inequity of teams not having to play each other twice over the course of a complete season.

Of course it would be ideal to have a season in which teams play each other twice in a home and away scenario but a 34 round minor season would be far too long for our physically demanding game.

However, a 17 round season where teams only play each other once would be fairer than the lopsided fixture we currently have.

Given the suggestion that football is going to resume with vastly reduced playing lists it’s not ridiculous to suggest the season should be shorter.

Another advantage the Victorian teams have is in recruiting.

The salary cap is designed to equalise the competition but sometimes it’s not about the money. Former GWS star Taylor Adams, who was recruited to Collingwood in 2014, said it all last week: “One of the big reasons I wanted to go to Collingwood was to play in big games like Anzac Day”.

The non-Victorian clubs need salary cap relief to retain their players. Don’t hold your breath though.

We saw what happened when Sydney’s cost-of-living allowance was constantly attacked by Eddie McGuire. Eventually it was removed.

These are crazy, uncertain times in which we are living.

Football has lost much of its relevance as we battle through the biggest crisis of our lifetime. However, football will return and after the crisis there is always hope, optimism and the opportunity to rebuild.

Please build it better.

Yes well I dont agree with to much of it sirs...........the best way to go about things is play each other once then the rest of the games are seeded to position of ladder of the last year....so bottom dwellers play bottom dwellers of the year gone by....

Again lads if your gonna share grounds your gonna have issues playing on that same ground, so the Tigers and the G well they got the Dee's Hawks and Pies along with there hosting....really dont get it but hey im a devotee off if ya good ya win anywhere...... now this buz off the Hub I smug gest take the 17 and half teams to the Alice...in the shadow off the rock and play there....all the Motels and her name slips me now but she was a babe are vacant due to social cleansing, and anyway it wasnt so looooing ago where Freo and Eagles like who could win there? so if your racking up the wins at home then knocking them off over the boarder your like higher up the ladder to get all the benefits of home ground during the finals......case in question as the hot to trott Dee's cut down by playing over in Perth, Martha....Martha Davis was her name...she was spunky in those days....way back in 2018...yes we were crucified by a bad system...we could have won the flag that year.....having to play the Eagles on there home ground in a final cost us a flag.....

The humble dunnie roll....its origins...... https://www.bbc.com/reel/video/p08bcq86/do-we-really-need-toilet-paper- I liked it when the colonials tried to introduce the dunnie roll to the Indians....from India..... yes smearing the poo over your ass is very primitive I thinks....I got out of that habit when I started to go to Thailand.... You can buy the Jap versions of there wash and dry dunnie seats there in Thai... I almost did back in 2012 to bring home...but no hot water bit..... Sister has one and I used them in Japan.....actually the exTGF didnt mention her experience on the dunnie.....in Japan....oh talking about dunnies....one time on a road trip through Chaing Rai it was the central night market the other is the street they closed off which I liked much better.....anyway and I still got the pic of the guy with the Mexican mo, you guys who live there is he still the toilet attendant there? well the dunnie was set up like Fort Knox and he the Mexican mo man took your Bhat, I did complain when I came out that I had to pay for a pee and there was no soap to wash my hands.....annoyed I was from a lack of response from him I took his pic.... Then one time I and a date were at the Saxophone Club at Victory Monument in BKK....now a few times id been there had noticed they had two <deleted>ters a western style one and an asian squat one.....never in my wildest dreams did I think id ever get to use them...just pee out the booze at the urinal, well this particular night my dinner went right through me in record time...this will teach me from changing my normal meal there from Phad Thai to something else.....well the very first trip to the toilet I was extremely lucky and got the western dunnie....the next 4 trips I got the asian squat....and I had no time to wait for the other to get free.....The supreme being had smiled upon me by allowing to basically get most of my meal out in the first time trip, as squating with a full load was going to be very messy indeed....and I was in long trousers that night......I had visions of poker dots at the rear of my trousers....lucky I was....anyway I haven't been back since....Terminal 21 down the road a bit...I enjoy going to there dunnies.....every floor there is a new theme....I partially like the Persian dunnie.....its really posh, looking like a Persian palace, you feel pretty good having a pee in that one....the other that you get a kick out of is the Hollywood one, has movie star pics etc about the place....I like them all there...been to every dunnie in T21.....the Korat Version by the way was pee poor compared....

Now a bus stop in some flea bittern town in Rajasthan in India, well I needed a face mask with filters to survive longer than a pee in there....mate it stunk like you cant believe......pulling my t-shirt up above my nose didnt help one bit....nope.....stunk like someone died last week in there....couldnt get out of there fast enough....and this was common in India, there toilets just stunk...when Kiki and I went to a nice modern local shopping centre in New Deli I thought.....id be right having a pee.....WRONG.....now I walk into his very modern smart looking toilet and it had them you know I call them toilet lollies in the urinal.....the stench from the urine over took the lollies....not as bad as the never seen a cleaner toilets but still enough I needed to pull my tshirt up overly nose.....must Be the spices them Indians eat.....has to be..... Now a real good dunnie was back in Rajasthan, Kiki and I were walking along the road when I spied an Enfield motor bike, I knew the Indians had started making them pretty much a copy of the originals....same name too....maybe they bought the company....I dont know.....winter time and similar to Melbourne but not quite as cold, Kiki was in sandals as Thai women often are so she followed me stepping over the puddles as it had rained to get to the bike....before she could put her foot down 2 Indian men graded her.....no..no...pointing to a wall.....well well....we were stepping through wee.....it was there outside loo.....the bike was parked near there out side loo....amazed was i...I took pic of the wall.....on the corner of a Main Street and what we would say a lane....they had a nip wall to one side only and thats the lane side, the white wash looking render had been burned a deep golden yellow in the spot where the men peed on it......There a disgusting lot over there...... And back in New Delhi we be walking around and for some reason the stench would be stronger at night, there main area where we would be staying...and thats because the original hotel I booked I walked out off in disgust it hadn't been cleaned In god knows how long.....dirty finger prints on light switches, toilet had over flushed leaving tracers of the brown stuff behind the pan, so much dust on the furniture the first time I put something on the table a cloud dust came up and hit Kiki in the face.....well wasnt hard to run ur finger across the furniture to make it look like a Collingwood footy jumper......wasnt taking any chances so walked into something like the Sheridan there cost me an arm and leg but at least it was farang style...andmore than 5 stars...Miss Kiki loved it there I might add..... anyway walking around near that hotel there was a big and I mean a very big colonial development there with numerous large victorian columns.....all used as pee spots by the local Indians....nearly every one stunk of urine...and seemed stronger at night.....ahhh I Will never forget India.....Im normally regular so I avoided going to the loo for number 2 when I was there thank god....I dont think I would have survived longer than the 45 seconds in an Indian loo, if the stench didnt get you something else would have......

We can now relax.....Kim has turned up https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52508437 The Americans need someone to blame....soon they WILL shift the blame game to the North Koreans over the Corvid-19 as the Chinks are not going to wear it....and the Yanks could suffer a trade back lash if they keep it up so having Kim back gives them a scape goat....no one WILL notice, Chinese and Korean look the same the press WILL now have to look for something else to write about....

Edited by AlexRRR
I LOVE the Eagles
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Yes well I dont agree with to much of it sirs...........the best way to go about things is play each other once then the rest of the games are seeded to position of ladder of the last year....so bottom dwellers play bottom dwellers of the year gone by....

Again lads if your gonna share grounds your gonna have issues playing on that same ground, so the Tigers and the G well they got the Dee's Hawks and Pies along with there hosting....really dont get it but hey im a devotee off if ya good ya win anywhere...... now this buz off the Hub I smug gest take the 17 and half teams to the Alice...in the shadow off the rock and play there....all the Motels and her name slips me now but she was a babe are vacant due to social cleansing, and anyway it wasnt so looooing ago where Freo and Eagles like who could win there? so if your racking up the wins at home then knocking them off over the boarder your like higher up the ladder to get all the benefits of home ground during the finals......case in question as the hot to trott Dee's cut down by playing over in Perth, Martha....Martha Davis was her name...she was spunky in those days....way back in 2018...yes we were crucified by a bad system...we could have won the flag that year.....having to play the Eagles on there home ground in a final cost us a flag.....

The humble dunnie roll....its origins...... https://www.bbc.com/reel/video/p08bcq86/do-we-really-need-toilet-paper- I liked it when the colonials tried to introduce the dunnie roll to the Indians....from India..... yes smearing the poo over your ass is very primitive I thinks....I got out of that habit when I started to go to Thailand.... You can buy the Jap versions of there wash and dry dunnie seats there in Thai... I almost did back in 2012 to bring home...but no hot water bit..... Sister has one and I used them in Japan.....actually the exTGF didnt mention her experience on the dunnie.....in Japan....oh talking about dunnies....one time on a road trip through Chaing Rai it was the central night market the other is the street they closed off which I liked much better.....anyway and I still got the pic of the guy with the Mexican mo, you guys who live there is he still the toilet attendant there? well the dunnie was set up like Fort Knox and he the Mexican mo man took your Bhat, I did complain when I came out that I had to pay for a pee and there was no soap to wash my hands.....annoyed I was from a lack of response from him I took his pic.... Then one time I and a date were at the Saxophone Club at Victory Monument in BKK....now a few times id been there had noticed they had two <deleted>ters a western style one and an asian squat one.....never in my wildest dreams did I think id ever get to use them...just pee out the booze at the urinal, well this particular night my dinner went right through me in record time...this will teach me from changing my normal meal there from Phad Thai to something else.....well the very first trip to the toilet I was extremely lucky and got the western dunnie....the next 4 trips I got the asian squat....and I had no time to wait for the other to get free.....The supreme being had smiled upon me by allowing to basically get most of my meal out in the first time trip, as squating with a full load was going to be very messy indeed....and I was in long trousers that night......I had visions of poker dots at the rear of my trousers....lucky I was....anyway I haven't been back since....Terminal 21 down the road a bit...I enjoy going to there dunnies.....every floor there is a new theme....I partially like the Persian dunnie.....its really posh, looking like a Persian palace, you feel pretty good having a pee in that one....the other that you get a kick out of is the Hollywood one, has movie star pics etc about the place....I like them all there...been to every dunnie in T21.....the Korat Version by the way was pee poor compared....

Now a bus stop in some flea bittern town in Rajasthan in India, well I needed a face mask with filters to survive longer than a pee in there....mate it stunk like you cant believe......pulling my t-shirt up above my nose didnt help one bit....nope.....stunk like someone died last week in there....couldnt get out of there fast enough....and this was common in India, there toilets just stunk...when Kiki and I went to a nice modern local shopping centre in New Deli I thought.....id be right having a pee.....WRONG.....now I walk into his very modern smart looking toilet and it had them you know I call them toilet lollies in the urinal.....the stench from the urine over took the lollies....not as bad as the never seen a cleaner toilets but still enough I needed to pull my tshirt up overly nose.....must Be the spices them Indians eat.....has to be..... Now a real good dunnie was back in Rajasthan, Kiki and I were walking along the road when I spied an Enfield motor bike, I knew the Indians had started making them pretty much a copy of the originals....same name too....maybe they bought the company....I dont know.....winter time and similar to Melbourne but not quite as cold, Kiki was in sandals as Thai women often are so she followed me stepping over the puddles as it had rained to get to the bike....before she could put her foot down 2 Indian men graded her.....no..no...pointing to a wall.....well well....we were stepping through wee.....it was there outside loo.....the bike was parked near there out side loo....amazed was i...I took pic of the wall.....on the corner of a Main Street and what we would say a lane....they had a nip wall to one side only and thats the lane side, the white wash looking render had been burned a deep golden yellow in the spot where the men peed on it......There a disgusting lot over there...... And back in New Delhi we be walking around and for some reason the stench would be stronger at night, there main area where we would be staying...and thats because the original hotel I booked I walked out off in disgust it hadn't been cleaned In god knows how long.....dirty finger prints on light switches, toilet had over flushed leaving tracers of the brown stuff behind the pan, so much dust on the furniture the first time I put something on the table a cloud dust came up and hit Kiki in the face.....well wasnt hard to run ur finger across the furniture to make it look like a Collingwood footy jumper......wasnt taking any chances so walked into something like the Sheridan there cost me an arm and leg but at least it was farang style...andmore than 5 stars...Miss Kiki loved it there I might add..... anyway walking around near that hotel there was a big and I mean a very big colonial development there with numerous large victorian columns.....all used as pee spots by the local Indians....nearly every one stunk of urine...and seemed stronger at night.....ahhh I Will never forget India.....Im normally regular so I avoided going to the loo for number 2 when I was there thank god....I dont think I would have survived longer than the 45 seconds in an Indian loo, if the stench didnt get you something else would have......

We can now relax.....Kim has turned up https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52508437 The Americans need someone to blame....soon they WILL shift the blame game to the North Koreans over the Corvid-19 as the Chinks are not going to wear it....and the Yanks could suffer a trade back lash if they keep it up so having Kim back gives them a scape goat....no one WILL notice, Chinese and Korean look the same the press WILL now have to look for something else to write about....

You went to India for a tour of their toilet facilities?? ????

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Will27 said:

I'm starting to like the Cornes family:smile:

The AFL must make the fixture more equitable following the coronavirus pandemic

As much as we love it and despite all the thrills, excitement, joy and heartache it has given us over the years, the AFL is a flawed competition.

However, as with a much-loved relative or friend we’ve overlooked the flaws, or at the very least, tolerated them.

There will never be a better time to get it right.

With this COVID-19 disrupted season the AFL virtually has a clean slate with which to design a much more equitable competition.

Football is definitely going to look a lot different when it eventually resumes. Let’s ensure it looks a lot better.

The biggest problem of the competition is the fixture.

It’s easy to call it a fixture because the system is rigged to give the biggest advantage to the strongly supported Victorian clubs.

When AFL executives’ key performance indicators are based on attendances and television ratings (and therefore revenue), their fixture is going to favour clubs like Collingwood, Richmond and Essendon.

For instance, last season Collingwood was gifted 10 matches that were played in the coveted Thursday or Friday timeslots.

Even a club like Carlton, which by any measure has been a basket-case for the best part of a decade, is scheduled to play in prime spots like the season-opener.

It is a draw weighted very heavily in favour of the Melbourne-based teams.

How often, for instance, is one of the popular Melbourne-based teams scheduled to play the dreaded Sunday evening game on the MCG? Rarely.

The non-Victorian teams, especially those from Perth, are severely disadvantaged by having to travel every second week.

The grind of having to fly in and play every second week takes its toll.

In the 33 years that the Eagles have been in the AFL, not one West Coast player has reached the 300-game milestone.

Given the club’s history of success it’s an amazing statistic.

It would be met with typical Victorian hysteria but it would be much fairer in a 22 round season if the non-Victorian teams were scheduled to play two more minor round games on their home grounds.

That would mean fewer games on the MCG or at the Marvel Stadium and sometimes two games on the same weekend in Adelaide and Perth but why couldn’t that work?

Last season Richmond played 13 games on the MCG, including the last six matches of the minor round (as well as four games at Marvel).

It’s an enormous, unfair advantage.

However, note the outcry when Adelaide Oval was mooted as one of the hubs for this pandemic-impacted season.

“Too much of a home-ground advantage for Port and the Crows”, they wailed.

The hypocrisy is overwhelming. Actually the hubs are another way of ensuring equity in a season.

Players accommodated in similar facilities playing on standardised grounds would definitely even out the competition.

Then there is the inequity of teams not having to play each other twice over the course of a complete season.

Of course it would be ideal to have a season in which teams play each other twice in a home and away scenario but a 34 round minor season would be far too long for our physically demanding game.

However, a 17 round season where teams only play each other once would be fairer than the lopsided fixture we currently have.

Given the suggestion that football is going to resume with vastly reduced playing lists it’s not ridiculous to suggest the season should be shorter.

Another advantage the Victorian teams have is in recruiting.

The salary cap is designed to equalise the competition but sometimes it’s not about the money. Former GWS star Taylor Adams, who was recruited to Collingwood in 2014, said it all last week: “One of the big reasons I wanted to go to Collingwood was to play in big games like Anzac Day”.

The non-Victorian clubs need salary cap relief to retain their players. Don’t hold your breath though.

We saw what happened when Sydney’s cost-of-living allowance was constantly attacked by Eddie McGuire. Eventually it was removed.

These are crazy, uncertain times in which we are living.Soccer or Union

Football has lost much of its relevance as we battle through the biggest crisis of our lifetime. However, football will return and after the crisis there is always hope, optimism and the opportunity to rebuild.

Please build it better.

Its a good enough article from Kane. I'd like to see him have provided some hard stats to go with his statements but the underlying theme i agree with. Why are other AFL journalists so quiet on this matter?

COLA was important for the AFL to ensure its Sydney based teams could attract decent players and maintain success of some sort. Losing or adding COLA has a few years effect before real consequences are seen. Sydney is struggling to attract decent players form other clubs and even with COLA , struggled to attract decent payers form other clubs.
There was a lot of whining and dummy spitting from Victorian club supporters when Buddy Franklin chose the Swans, with Eddie leading the charge that it was because of the COLA advantage we got him. That wasn't true of course, as even with COLA we had struggled to attract so many decent players, but were able to keep those we had.

Buddy was payed an extra 10%, the same as every other SYdney player, under the COLA.  So, he didnt get anything more special than any other player, just a larger base salary. 
With Eddie leading the dummy spitting and the public following like sheeples, the AFl took their bat and ball and took away COLA.

It was a short sighted business decision that you expect from amateurs running Soccer or Union. A well run large corporation wold understand that the revenue derived from Northern markets far exceeds the financial input required to run those markets.
It is okay when teams like Hawthorn, Collingwood, Melbourne, Geelong can recruit decent players from other teams at will, because Victoria is the HUB of AFL.  Even with the 10% extra Sydney struggled, and in future will struggle more. GWS will enter that zone at some stage, and for a club with no hardcore grafted on supporters, the AFL has put back growth in the Northern states by years.

For me, the MCG and the finals in Melbourne is a massive advantage. The real issue behind the curtain is why the AFL Grand final was locked in for 50 years to the MCG. That is the real unfair advantage gifted to Victorian clubs

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Its a good enough article from Kane. I'd like to see him have provided some hard stats to go with his statements but the underlying theme i agree with. Why are other AFL journalists so quiet on this matter?

COLA was important for the AFL to ensure its Sydney based teams could attract decent players and maintain success of some sort. Losing or adding COLA has a few years effect before real consequences are seen. Sydney is struggling to attract decent players form other clubs and even with COLA , struggled to attract decent payers form other clubs.
There was a lot of whining and dummy spitting from Victorian club supporters when Buddy Franklin chose the Swans, with Eddie leading the charge that it was because of the COLA advantage we got him. That wasn't true of course, as even with COLA we had struggled to attract so many decent players, but were able to keep those we had.

Buddy was payed an extra 10%, the same as every other SYdney player, under the COLA.  So, he didnt get anything more special than any other player, just a larger base salary. 
With Eddie leading the dummy spitting and the public following like sheeples, the AFl took their bat and ball and took away COLA.

It was a short sighted business decision that you expect from amateurs running Soccer or Union. A well run large corporation wold understand that the revenue derived from Northern markets far exceeds the financial input required to run those markets.
It is okay when teams like Hawthorn, Collingwood, Melbourne, Geelong can recruit decent players from other teams at will, because Victoria is the HUB of AFL.  Even with the 10% extra Sydney struggled, and in future will struggle more. GWS will enter that zone at some stage, and for a club with no hardcore grafted on supporters, the AFL has put back growth in the Northern states by years.

For me, the MCG and the finals in Melbourne is a massive advantage. The real issue behind the curtain is why the AFL Grand final was locked in for 50 years to the MCG. That is the real unfair advantage gifted to Victorian clubs

It's actually from his old man Graham.

A good point about it being hard to recruit players.

With the odd exception like Kelly, the only players who go to WA

are WA players.

So Free Agency makes it hard as people like Tom Lynch will always pick a

Victorian club. I realise there's a bigger pool to go to, but it's mainly the bigger clubs

who get the superstars.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

You went to India for a tour of their toilet facilities?? ????

No Sir it was a by product of a travel experience, kinda amazing that places like there Taj Mahal and there forts and the odd palace you could eat off the floor they were so clean but once out on the street you needed to watch your steps in case you stepped onto cow dung.....and the normal broken paths here and there.....one thing I kinda liked was there garbage collection......no bins to speak off, well I never seen one anywhere .....they street cleaners would collect the rubbish which could be anything and pile it high in a street, so high it would be around the 3 meter mark, pretty good together <deleted> to stack that high I thought...then along would come a tip truck and bob cat and scoop it up....

On an over night bus, slapping the back of the seat a cloud of dust like an explosion of an atomic bomb would filter into our breathing space...one thing that got me was the exTGF never ever said a word about any of the dirt......Anyway I had armed her well though, I had heard stories and my brothers work partner who is a sidi yoga devotee and lived in India for a while pre warned me.....so in the TGF hand back were disposable antiseptic wipes and antiseptic hand was....im proud to say neither off us got ill in the 2 weeks we travels around....if you seen and smelt what I had you would recommend us for bravery award from Scott Mo....

Ps....I did notice on that bus and a few others including the tuk tuks and anything that had a chrome handle bar to hold it looked like army fatigues...you kinda didnt want to touch them...mountains of built up sweat and grime and never ever in your widest dreams cleaned....I do say Kiki was very good at getting the wipes out as I did forget where I was a few times.....

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Will27 said:

It's actually from his old man Graham.

A good point about it being hard to recruit players.

With the odd exception like Kelly, the only players who go to WA

are WA players.

So Free Agency makes it hard as people like Tom Lynch will always pick a

Victorian club. I realise there's a bigger pool to go to, but it's mainly the bigger clubs

who get the superstars.

Baaaaa....Gaff is a Vic and choose to stay......and the Freo capitano of yesterday's year a Vic is still living in Perth after retirement....fooie i say....you make them feel at home, find them a nice blonde gf and WILL's your uncle....

The reason is Books.....that Victoria are very good at getting major events....we pride ourselves on it, big revenue earner since we dont have anything else here, the State gov to sweeten the deal gave the AFL 500 million big ones along as they tied the GF ups for the next 150 years....and nearly half that money has gone back to WA and NSW etc etc...

its long a matter of time as the country grows up the GF will become portable.....but even in the UK most major finals are played in the one stadium in London sir so its not like its an abnormality 

And I ask you in serious ness...assuming other states have grounds with around the 100,000 capacity could would Sydney be able to fill that ground if Sydney wasnt playing in it? same goes with Lions and Freo....id say Eagles could get close to a fill in Perth of around 100,000....so if you can honestly answer that no joking....we WILL put it on the table for Gill....

13 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Baaaaa....Gaff is a Vic and choose to stay......and the Freo capitano of yesterday's year a Vic is still living in Perth after retirement....fooie i say....you make them feel at home, find them a nice blonde gf and WILL's your uncle....

Have another coffee and read it again Uncle.

It's hard for WA to attract non Western Australian players to WA.

Gaff was drafted and we have a pretty good record of retaining players.

Same goes for the big Pavlova, was drafted, not a FA.

Also, he's from SA.

But apart from those two blues, your post is pretty accurate:biggrin:

• Haha 1

The reason is Books.....that Victoria are very good at getting major events....we pride ourselves on it, big revenue earner since we dont have anything else here, the State gov to sweeten the deal gave the AFL 500 million big ones along as they tied the GF ups for the next 150 years....and nearly half that money has gone back to WA and NSW etc etc...

its long a matter of time as the country grows up the GF will become portable.....but even in the UK most major finals are played in the one stadium in London sir so its not like its an abnormality 

And I ask you in serious ness...assuming other states have grounds with around the 100,000 capacity could would Sydney be able to fill that ground if Sydney wasnt playing in it? same goes with Lions and Freo....id say Eagles could get close to a fill in Perth of around 100,000....so if you can honestly answer that no joking....we WILL put it on the table for Gill....

:biggrin:

:biggrin: