Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

2 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Wonder if Luke Beveridge was on Thai Visa at the quarter time break.????

19 scoring shots to 12 tells me the result was right.

But beware of the Eagles when they get their midfielders back,some of their ball movement was scary good.

I'm a little concerned about the night GF at the Gabba.

I fear it will turn into a NRL scrummage and all the high quality will be lost unless they allow the old steel screw-in's for a few weeks.

The other thing on my mind is the kick in rule,let's go back to kicking it out of the square since that's why it is marked on the oval.

All the new rule is doing is taking away attacking footy as sides don't want to be done on turnover,stupid rule,get rid of it.????

I agree FJ, we were outplayed most of the night but could have stolen it at the end with a bit of luck.

The score review system really is an embarrassment foe the league IMO.

I agree 100% about a night GF in Qld.

If it gets slippery it will reduce the spectacle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Wonder if Luke Beveridge was on Thai Visa at the quarter time break.????

19 scoring shots to 12 tells me the result was right.

But beware of the Eagles when they get their midfielders back,some of their ball movement was scary good.

I'm a little concerned about the night GF at the Gabba.

I fear it will turn into a NRL scrummage and all the high quality will be lost unless they allow the old steel screw-in's for a few weeks.

The other thing on my mind is the kick in rule,let's go back to kicking it out of the square since that's why it is marked on the oval.

All the new rule is doing is taking away attacking footy as sides don't want to be done on turnover,stupid rule,get rid of it.????

????

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

"Eagles go down again".

Sorry, I thought we won last week.

I'll have to go back and check.

We definitely don't play Qld as well as I'd like though.

To say it has nothing to do with losing NN is a tad naive Uncle Alex.

Take Shuey and Yeo out of our midfield along with NN who has far and away been the

best ruckman in the comp this year and I thought we'd struggle against the Dogs.

Reckon the Dogs have the midfield in the comp.

The Bont's goal was a point and we still had a chance to snatch it but Darling missed near the end.

Reckon Geelong and Richmond are the best 2 sides in it by a distance.

Port and Brisbane will be dangerous if they get 2 home finals though.

WC will be there and there abouts.

Not losing faith in the boys at all.

They usually never let us down over the journey.

** Edit: Catching up with Scea for lunch today.

I hope he doesn't wear his Port Adelaide polo shirt like before.

Thought that was a bit unsavoury:biggrin:

Someones a bit prickly today......pity the dog and the TMrs.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

I agree FJ, we were outplayed most of the night but could have stolen it at the end with a bit of luck.

The score review system really is an embarrassment foe the league IMO.

I agree 100% about a night GF in Qld.

If it gets slippery it will reduce the spectacle.

I caught up with the decision on Access All Areas and it looked the right call

16 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I was going to pick the Dockers Uncle Alex but didn't have the minerals.

I had the Dockers and switch yesterday........3/4 time and its painful...19 points down and the Dee's are screeming....Your gone Goodwin....

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Will27 said:

<deleted>.

Just read that Jack Redden is out for the year.

Yeo, Redden, Shuey and Hutchings from the midfield.

We're Max Gawn.

Well Egs might not win again......

Max played well, but he isnt a leader, just listened to the Fox panel pretty much say theres plenty of talent there just playing as individuals, and without coming out and saying it.....its the coach...it would kill the Demons if they kept the coach.

Ive banged on enough......he donest have enough of the players results and the way they  play say everything...

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Is Bartlett on the phone to Ross "the boss" Lyon.......??????....its a total rebuild if they stick with Goodwin next year.....

Im gonna stick my neck out and say end of season Simon is gone....

With the reduction in soft cap spending, any payout of Goody will have to come out of that....not a great option for Melbourne

• Like 1

8 hours ago, farmerjo said:

The conditions in Cairns weren't to AFL standards.

You were unlucky enough to have games in the centre and the tropics.  

Well we were not playing alone.......

Laying in bed this morning ......thanks corvid 19, so much free time we dont get tired.....

Roos had Dee's playing better with less better troops, Sheedy was around for ever becasue he was ruthless in turning over his list, Longmire is doing the same, sure they had a core group that hung around for ever but that luck in getting quilty that was A well coached B pure quality says it all...

Petracca and Weiderman were meant to be the "next big thing" there both been slow to "mature" guys like Neal-Bullen and Spargo showed more promise in here first year, Tom Macdonald has gone backwrds under Goodwin, Oscar Macdonald and Nev Jetta have been singled out and constantly dropped, Oscal i thought played well the previous week....Jetta god knows what Goodwin thinks, is better than most exect for say May and Hibered down back...

Viney, Vandenberg, Salem, Oliver, May, Hibbered, Langdon and Gawn pretty much turn up most of the time add Petracca thats the core that keeps us running.....

Fritsch, Hannan, Leaver the 2 Wagners, Harmes, Melksham and Brayshaw have gone backwards, Mitch Brown hasnt been given a chance the ex Bomber has played 2 games.

Jayden Hunt and Nathan jones have been crucified under Goodwin, Oscar Baker and Joel Smith talls along with Breydon Preuss and i like this guy over Gawn, shows some animal....just not given chances with the first two not progressing and been around for 3 to4 seasons now...

Then you get Sparrow and Pickett plus a few others who just havent "come on" Pickett gets game time but really hes still 2 or 3 seasons away from being something........I would have thought they would have taken mocca magic aside and taught him to slow down a bit and work on his game some since he constantly is over running the ball and kicking in haste....

From where i sit Melbourne is poorly coached....Not saying this list is a top 3 team no not at all, even the core group is playing 10% under there best most of the time, some guys wont get better so im aware of that....but who are they?

Think Bartlett WILL need to have a sit down and think over a bottle of Johnny Walker, what to do what to do???? blow 2 ys salary on a dead beat coach??? Im pretty sure Goodwin hasnt reached his contract targets which would mean terminating him cheaply, they dont have air tight contracts like the sepcial one, no new and inxperianced coach is in a  position to demand a lock tight contract....

To keep Goodwin beyond this year WILL put us back 3 to 5 years do they risk it? Remember we have no first or second round draft picks this year, they sold there soul to the devil last year.....

Do they do a Collingwood and force Goodwin to delegate more? have they even looked at the coaching structures to know if its even needed? 

Ricco as an assitant.......all eyebrows were raised......

Look Norths Scott and Ross Lyon are sitting there....experianced coaches, maybe even Clarkson could now be persuaded to toss it in at the Hawks, an Ex Dee he might be ready for a new challenge....its too soon but another ex Dee in Luke Bevriage could be probed.....We dont want another inexperianced coach.....or throw another 6 million at Paul Roos.....thats my pic....

3 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

When you see the reverse angle they showed on Access All Areas, you couldn't have over ruled the umpires call.

The close up there could be a parallax error

You can spin it as much as you like.

Just get the right call.

It's like the cricket, too much weight is put on the umps call where you can get 2 decisions

on the same delivery depending on the original call. So if the ump calls that a point, it stays a point.

If the umpire thinks it's to close to call, they should be able to refer it without making a soft call.

Edited by Will27
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

You can spin it as much as you like.

Just get the right call.

It's like the cricket, too much weight is put on the umps call where you can get 2 decisions

on the same delivery depending on the original call. So if the ump calls that a point, it stays a point.

If the umpire thinks it's to close to call, they should be able to refer it without making a soft call.

Could have gone either way as you say, but the call looks okay as it was on the other camera angle.  Looks to be 30cm over the line

Eagles also had their chance to win with a soft free a minute later down in front of the sticks and sprayed it wide under pressure ????

7 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Could have gone either way as you say, but the call looks okay as it was on the other camera angle.  Looks to be 30cm over the line

Eagles also had their chance to win with a soft free a minute later down in front of the sticks and sprayed it wide under pressure ????

I didn't say the decision cost us the game.

I said we had a chance to steal it in a previous post.

We were pretty much outplayed from quarter time on.

I still think the score review system is terrible.

A few weeks ago they didn't even have camera's on the goal line in Darwin which

might've cost the Saints a game.

Just get it right.

• Sad 1