Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

38 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Well Peeps

That's it for a huge round of upsets.

Scea and FJ both did really well to get 5.

The Cherry Ripes go to FJ however for being closest to the pin.

The bye round starts next week.

Until then.

image.png.af83ba4c7a271362c07e51189fcd1975.png

Is it possible that I may be dreaming a bad dream.

Excellent news coming out of Europe....Roman Abramovich who has not much to do since the invasion and selling Chelsea WILL buy the Melbourne Demons.....which means Goodwin will be heading west before season ends.....this guy sacked 2 managers then 2 months later snared champions league trophies......

here we go here we go here we go go go......that was a nice dream last night...

• Haha 1

Good morning Billy, its AFL round 12 review. mid season and we learned a lot....Blues going now where fast, Cats wont win another flag this year...Sydney is in cardiac arrest...Demons blow there early premiership hype...Mr Magoo hasn't forgotten meeting Newcastle United fan in the early 00 in BKK searching for NU clothing saying it is a suffering following them....well he should also follow my team...

Demons vs Blues at the G, Its over vs it hasn't begun, i thought there should be a better game than this for a friday night but nope.... they're all a bit lame this week......I wouldnt be surprised and do pencil them in as Demons do loose 3 in a row all the god dam time, so if your looking to put a few bob on with great odds this is the game, Stats flatter the Demons, ladder position flatters the Demons, haven't really played a decent team all season by the way, there even playing below last years level, the entire team as dropped by 10% well Brayshaw and Gawn are holding there own while Al Bundy is slowly coming good, but Simon plz go back to resting one forward or dropping back into defence, not much point interchanging off the bench man...Hunter is back in.....couldnt hardly wait for his return....Big Tom out injured Hibbered managed, well he was caught out last week wasnt he Harmes omitted, well i was wondering if he was playing last week...suprise no surprise Tomlinson and Joel Smith in with Hunter,,,nothing to set the world on fire here men...slug feast, battle of we were once great for 5 minuets vs it hasn't begun yet and might never....

Magnificent Port against the slowly rising Hawks, even Kennet wont stop it but not this weekend, Kenny and co have it all sown up, mid season premiers should take the next decent job offered...as its highly unlikely they will be top 3 end of season....

Minced Eagles vs Meat Pies, well if there was going to be an upset this could be it, law of averages here and in Perth....but a bob down....thats gees i forget it's either 1 shilling or 2, well i was a baby when decimal currency came in, 1 shilling was 10 cents i think....Yes yes Pies travelling well....but Sidebottom who mops up very well and Elliot are out that gives the unknown Eagles a bit of a sniff...good luck Billy....

Dogs vs Cats, well they haven't lost 4 in a row since time began....well since the start of this century...but can you pick them.....no you cant, Bev should get it over the line in a close one...Cats injury list looks like the Eagles here...

Suns vs Crows on the vacation coast....tough one to pick.....i like the Crows meaning i like that they're come back without spending 30 ys wallowing around the bottom like the Demons do...Suns are getting there,, still tipping them to play finals this year men.....

Giants vs Tigers, the Hardwick effect, is it still there, are they an honest bunch? Giants win was enough for the next 6 weeks, Tigers for me....

Bombers vs North, Rattens got them firing.....lot of good inns for North.....flip a coin....a shilling.....heads North wins....

Lions Freo Saints and Swans take a da rest, Demons dont come back from a bye well either, in fact they dont do anything well.....noticed during the week the 2 highest winning margins were against us, was to scared to look at other stats....gees there S>>>>>H>>>>I>>>>T........i want Roman to take over.....im sure he is chukkling over Chelsea new coach, Roman knows how to lead and kick ass....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

Well that was a struggle, you know your travling like a wet sail when S Hunter is close to best on ground….

IMG_1707.jpeg

Was a terrible game to watch Uncle Alex.

I'm just getting ready for the Saturday afternoon blockbuster WC versus the Pies.

Danger game for Collingwood I reckon.

Pies by 109.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/3/2023 at 11:30 AM, Will27 said:

Was a terrible game to watch Uncle Alex.

I'm just getting ready for the Saturday afternoon blockbuster WC versus the Pies.

Danger game for Collingwood I reckon.

Pies by 109.

You looked good up to 3/4 time...Simpson looked like he was on retreat so calm was he...wont be long..

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

You looked good up to 3/4 time...Simpson looked like he was on retreat so calm was he...wont be long..

Losing Barrass before the bounce and 3 injured before quarter time didn't help.

Hope Norf can get up for FJ.

• Like 1

Well Gents

That's it for round 12.

This week's Turkish Delights go to Uncle Alex for picking the card.

Well done mate.

Also of note, is we have a new leader with FJ sitting on top.

Nice work fella.

Until next time.

image.png.c223868b40f03ba2b6f87430bd946620.png

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Will27 said:

Well Gents

That's it for round 12.

This week's Turkish Delights go to Uncle Alex for picking the card.

Well done mate.

Also of note, is we have a new leader with FJ sitting on top.

Nice work fella.

Until next time.

image.png.c223868b40f03ba2b6f87430bd946620.png

Fj on steroids.......or yabba...or both...

• Haha 1

Round 13 review today as tomorrow im busy.......

So what did we learn last week? Fj is on something....Blues are really bad, Demons are what i been saying all alone....Port is hot.....Cats dont loose 4 in a row...and North are better under Ratten....

Swans vs Saints, Bloods improving and at home could pull it off....what to do what to do? Saints are running like a Ford...hot and cold....what to do what to do? It annoys me that when i dropped my Mazda off for a service Ford is right next door....i know they use to be in bed together once....ummm...

Dogs vs Port....dont think it's a cracker jacker game Dogs looking at 3 outs in a row here men....Hinkley should keep it going...Mid season premiers for sure.......

Hawks vs Lions....yawn....what do you want me to say>? i say no chance Hawks....

Crows vs Eagles.....sorry Billy not this week either.....

Freo vs Tigers....Tigers record not so bad men....and let's hope they get over Freo shall we.....why dont i like Freo? arrrrr........ummmm.....

North vs Gaints, this ones for Ratts.....here we go here we go....so confident am i......

Blues hahahaha vs Bombers.....well id like the Blues to win but you know.....for Voss's sake hes a nice guy, Chubby cheeks has nothing to worry about here......bit of a yawn this week hey?

The Monday game Demons big freeze at the G vs the Pies.....well you know Neal-Bullen is out of contract and a FA end of season and one of just several playing well enough for me not to heep it on him....of course looking for a contract for life bestowed upon Oliver and Patricia and Brayshaw with the front 2 dropping off 20% due to there super is now set in stone .....should we resign him......??? no...not because hes not good enough purely for turning over the list that Simon should have done after that historic 2021....Demons just not hard enough at the ball men of course they will rise to the occasion like they all ways do...they lift to the opposition's ability and go close to matching it....so were not expecting them to come out and pile on 10 goals in the first quarter then shut it down, they just dont do things like that...nope...they will keep me on the edge of the sofa bobbing around with ever kick and mark then just fall asleep at the wheel when its time to kick on....the stats say the teams are close i say fooooie.......id give us a chance if Ben Brown is picked, hes about the only guy able to mark them long bombs we just like to do.....ps i cant see how having Grundy has given us an edge....found out in the Adelaide swimming pool when we needed crummers in the forward line.....might be  different in September on the hard MCG turf if we get there.....but...I recommend the Demons pursue Ange P who was appointed Spurs manager durning the week if he dont do much there, apparently took a team of aussie rules footy players under 12s they went on to win the state championships something like that....and he himself was one of the players...an under 23 player manager....plz Simon go to London and look up Ange end of season break you might learn something....

• Like 2

Good morning men...round 14 review.....so what did we learn from last week? Man on man the Pies hear footsteps, no Dusty Martins in the team to lift them when they need it.....we dont pick North again, Rattern back to Saints form....Freo are a bit  s   h   i   t t   i  y........Lions are not world beaters....Eagles are simply the worst there ever been....and the Blues stay the same.........and....if you're  a man of colour this time 2 and go sit in a Starbucks in the US and refuse to order a drink as well as refuse to leave then are taken away by the police and you managed to get it filmed and streamed you can end up getting Starbucks to pay for both your college degrees plus a settlement plus get them to contribute and set up a fund for wanna be entrepreneur's for men of colour... ii suggest you and i get on a plane to Detroit Billy....or LA they even looked down on me there and paint ourself purple and go into a Starbucks not order and make sure it gets filmed live to FB...and go home rich men..The area manger of that store was sacked cause Starbucks claim she couldnt handle the issue which was boloney of course she was awarded 600,000 plus quite a few million settlement plus judge said she can go them for court costs of 1m plus loss of salary for 4 ys...so there....who said the brothers are hard treated? I suggest all white folk in AU move to a deserted island in the Pacific somewhere and leave Oz for the natives and Araps as there close to the same colour as well as Sth American refugees that arrived in the 70's etc... as often there quite dark too......the world is becoming a joke no? but hey good luck to them 2 freeloaders who skinned Starbucks....

Port vs the Cats.........go Rinny....did you ever watch the Adventures of Ron Tin Tin? something like that....well Rinny always was the hero and the little kid sitting next to him was the human star....Port are Rinny here men, tonight, something to do on a Thursday night in Thailand....can the Cats bounce back? well of course they could but highly unlikely due to the fact its at the Adelaide Swimming Pool where the poor Demons almost drowned in the deep end...

Lions vs Swans......well we're expecting Fagan and co to bounce back from a shocker no? would you dare pick against them? well they do run Daniher up in that forward line, 7ft tall pelican poo...not a fan of what he does men...as he dont do it often enough and far from someone who can lift that team...Swans not the best this year and id say my man Lance stayed one year too long...

Gaints vs Freo, well you could flip a coin here...i wont let my animosity cloud my judgment, two clubs going nowhere this year....

Tigers vs Saints.....well well...i suggest this is the cracker of the round....prime time saturday night....it's fitting....sit down with your Chang Billy, Leo Fj and enjoy....

Blues vs Suns, this game is a boost to the Suns finals aspirations.....and maybe the last nail in the coffin for Voss....so sad....it's said he wont get the bullet...but but....cheer up Michael your a good assistant coach...

North vs the Dogs, tear them apart they will.....no contest, totally peed off after their efforts on the Apple isle....boooooo bahhhhhhh.....die a death......i could have won tipping....

Well thats it......6 clubs have the week off.....

• Like 2

11 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Jeez,Cats looked a million bucks then Dangerfield injury in marking contest.

No Dangerfield no Cats.

Can put a pencil through them for the rest of the year.

Don't be to hard on the Kangas Alex,now we have a Magoo's we have extra players to choose from and their form is good.

Something to look forward to in about 3 years time.

Will is getting away at the top of the leaderboard.

Ashes start tomorrow.

I totally forgot about last nights game....and i didn't know what to watch on netflix...

I been there fella.....6 ys it took.......and you end up hating your coach........

Willy is devastated and has more time to plot the action....unlike me i breeze through my tipping in 30 seconds....though if ii had of not picked North and picked Demons id be mid table now...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

I totally forgot about last nights game....and i didn't know what to watch on netflix...

I been there fella.....6 ys it took.......and you end up hating your coach........

Willy is devastated and has more time to plot the action....unlike me i breeze through my tipping in 30 seconds....though if ii had of not picked North and picked Demons id be mid table now...

You're not wrong Uncle Alex.

I'm actually looking forward to this weeks bye????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Will27 said:

You're not wrong Uncle Alex.

I'm actually looking forward to this weeks bye????

You only 2 years of this.........i suffered 50 years of it....im such a wreck i cant smell the flowers everything smells off manure.....you would be thinking id be enjoying the run of the last 4 or 5 ys.....no so heavily scared am i....

• Haha 2

Well Tipsters

That's it for round 14.

A huge effort from Rip Stanley to pick the card.

He gets the Westons Wagon Wheels for this week.

Until next time.

image.png.403407203bb27fc2b7ae8b6ea4994c03.png

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Here is some good news for Billy after a couple of trying years..... https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/harder-than-it-looks-afl-legend-ben-cousins-lands-new-tv-job/news-story/17791d62250288b54aa96f9880a0ef29 we will stay positive......

And we wont mention Barry will we Fj? ho you haven't heard?

Seems to be the way of the world these days Alex.

Passion has been replaced with Compassion.

Barry was before my time,just a young kid when he was at his peak,remember a news article when he got run over by his tractor on the farm and nearly lost his leg.

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Sorry for being:offtopic:

But what a win by the boys.

Just goes to show you how far cricket has come .....noticed when looking for something to watch on one of the streamers i subscribe to UAE has a cricket team...even Irish and a few others i never dreamed off....

• Like 2

12 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Seems to be the way of the world these days Alex.

Passion has been replaced with Compassion.

Barry was before my time,just a young kid when he was at his peak,remember a news article when he got run over by his tractor on the farm and nearly lost his leg.

While you were up in the hills of Luzon with no reliable net mr Fj it surfaced again, the little Aussie battler in Barry Cable had been accused of being a pedo.....case was found to be accurate says the judge, 79 years old......scared for the rest of his short life, AFL to strip him of what ever he is so there....

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/jun/16/barry-cable-former-afl-player-repeatedly-sexually-abused-girl-court-finds

Of course we are not suggesting anything wrong there at Arden st Fj...

Cable quickly "lost" all his money and declared bankrupt was it a ploy to not pay out? Awarded over 800,000$ to the woman involved who was i think 14 at the time....

I would like to know why people wait 40 years to do something about it, you have to think devious thoughts sometime but thats not to say it should be forgotten or justice not served, though this payout thing made famous in the holy land of USA is something that should be stamped out in these sorts of cases....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Just goes to show you how far cricket has come .....noticed when looking for something to watch on one of the streamers i subscribe to UAE has a cricket team...even Irish and a few others i never dreamed off....

Sorry to butt in "Origin 2" tonite, stream that! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I don't mind watching the Bum Sniffers in SOA TBH.

Ive been caught watching them too....state of origin is often a decent watch, the regular games on the other hand......ummmm

• Like 1