Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Copied from .. http://www.sportsfan.com.au/tigers-surprising-everyone-%C3%A2%E2%82%AC%E2%80%9C-except-themselves/tabid/91/newsid/171196/default.aspx?cid=SF_LOWDOWN_AFL_article_tigerssurprisingeveryoneexceptthemselves_030815

With Bulldogs in the mix, Tigers hot, WC with a question mark, Dockers susceptible, Swans unpredictable and Hawks maybe reading their own press...the only thing any of us can say with any certainty, is that the surprises will just keep coming.

I think I will tip with my gut for the rest of the H & A.

• Like 2

Geeeeeesssssss.......if i had of being on the ball fri morning i would have picked the 9 this week....work over load schedule to meet etc etc.....Tigers were on my mind when i hit the Hawks on the iPad ( you know..play it safe) ....and i should have known....the Dees....fair record agains the woods yes we loose more then beat them but i know my team...it was a gimme and i wasn't tuned in.

Yes Alex, I say the same thing EVERY week

Hey bokkie.. look at my first 2 weeks in tipping...that put me 5 down from the first weeks ummm that would just about have me top yes? plus...this week if i had been on the BALL think i might have been leading...

At least I'm above you hehehehehe.............will the ghost of joe be crowing at seasons end?

Its just lucky for you , as u have stated, that winning the Tipping comp isn't on your radar at all...though, it does seem you have thought about it quite a bit...gigglem.gif

Yes well i hardly thought i would be hovering around 3rd or 4th so that competitive spirt kicks in my man, same with the Fantasy i expected to struggle, i haven't taken much notice of "other teams" in a few years so I'm totally out of touch with players bar the house hold names, with the tipping i think its been just luck and intuition as for fantasy i just move on under performing players all the time by looking at averages over last 3 games, i got caught twice playing chooka with 4 out that last time 2 out game time with averages of 75 each and lost by 73....i have an idea for next season in regards to not getting caught short game time as i have in several this season.

Anyway as stated season start 2017 I'm relocating to Thailand and I'm going to have plenty of time on my hands, i will need a few distractions to keep me occupied, can't do the shopping thing like when i lived there in 2012 for the year, in the end i had to post clothes home ( 4 parcels in all) and left with 2 suite cases and carry on bag fully loaded...i just didn't realise how much shopping i had done until it was time to pack up and leave...but hey the $ was 31/32 in those days.

• Like 1

Bloody hell gang

The WB's have snuck under the radar. Everyones been talking

about Richmond but they've quietly slipped into 5th.

If Sydney get rolled by Geelong at Skilled on the weekend and they beat

Port, they will be in the 4 with a soft run home.

Bulldogs have surprise, and i have to say Beverige how ever you spell his name was exactly the type of ordinary player that could make a great coach, when at the Dees he was in and out but when in was a tryer and the one most likely on the bottom of the pack, no real skills no pace but just an honest goer.

Hardwick luckier and a bit more talent good solid defender without being outstanding like mick the malthouse also the type to make great coach...I said earlier in the year when the Thai mob were dismissing the Tigers i stuck by him and now i can say to you all....i told you so..

As for luke sorry he will have a great first year and may even get to the prelim but next year there all going to be wiser to the dogs and second year jitters will set in they will struggle comes down to a young playing group, they will rebound of course and who knows with the right trading could be a force and lets hope so its getting boring t the top seeing the same olds running around in sept.

Brendan McCartney should get a lot of credit..A lot of the youngsters coming through now can be attributed to his time at the dogs.

Now at Melbourne as a development and strategy coach

Havent i got something to look forward too?

Dees need 2 more wins for this season for me to be happy, i recon 8 and id say they have improved, be nice if they could actually win 2 in a row.

Ive always thought year 3 under Roos would be the year, the cancer of ghosts past should be eliminated by then, even we had high draft picks they were badly let down by a dysfunctional system that had operated for years so out they go and bring in the new but hey we got to keep jackie watts.....played a super game on the weekend equal second highest possession getter for us, Daws Dawks what ever has been badly under done with injuries last 2 seasons if the guy can string games together and have a full preseason that forward line all of a sudden begins to look like it can kick a lot more goals...hes a bull dozer, then there is Hogan who could be anything and the about time emerging Watts....wow is all i can say...lol

• Like 1

Geeeeeesssssss.......if i had of being on the ball fri morning i would have picked the 9 this week....work over load schedule to meet etc etc.....Tigers were on my mind when i hit the Hawks on the iPad ( you know..play it safe) ....and i should have known....the Dees....fair record agains the woods yes we loose more then beat them but i know my team...it was a gimme and i wasn't tuned in.

Geeeeeesssssss.......if i had of being on the ball fri morning i would have picked the 9 this week....work over load schedule to meet etc etc.

Also, if the cow hadn't calved it wouldn't have split it's #%&t.

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 1

A game that i've grown up with is getting harder to understand as every season passes by.

A captain and coach have every right to consult the umpires over there c-ockups.

Not a good look,please its called passion.

Now they want to bring in a forth umpire.

I suggest the the umpiring panel get their goal review system worked out first.

Since it was introduced,they never reverted to the old kick in rule so why should a side be penalised with players manned up after a review compared to the quick kick in when players are out of postion.

On a lighter note its multicultural round,cant wait to see what this brings out,dances and maybe a bit of praying on the field.

Edited by farmerjo

A game that i've grown up with is getting harder to understand as every season passes by.

A captain and coach have every right to consult the umpires over there c-ockups.

Not a good look,please its called passion.

Now they want to bring in a forth umpire.

I suggest the the umpiring panel get their goal review system worked out first.

Since it was introduced,they never reverted to the old kick in rule so why should a side be penalised with players manned up after a review compared to the quick kick in when players are out of postion.

Don't agree with you there mate. Sure a captain can ask the umps for clarification but the coach leaving the box

is a poor look. Not to mention sending the wrong message to his players.

In the WC game against Collingwood, WC got murdered and the free kick count was 24-8.

Didn't see Simmo running to the umps.

IMO, Cameron should worry the game being played and if he has an issue with the umps, there's a procedure in

place to do that during the week.

The umps shouldn't have to put up with interference during a game.

Cameron, in his first year would be better off concentrating on coaching IMO.

Agree about the goal review. They need decent camera's at all grounds. The ones

used in the WC/GC gamer were useless.

Agree to disagree Khun Willsmile.png

From a coaches perpective your in the moment,you dont want to wait till mid week to clarify a decision when the games on the line.

Smashing phones isn't a good look either but will continue to happen as long as they are supplied in coaches boxes.

Agree on the the avalible camera footage for goal decisions,but its more the rule about kicking out that concerns me.

Agree to disagree Khun Willsmile.png

From a coaches perpective your in the moment,you dont want to wait till mid week to clarify a decision when the games on the line.

Smashing phones isn't a good look either but will continue to happen as long as they are supplied in coaches boxes.

Agree on the the avalible camera footage for goal decisions,but its more the rule about kicking out that concerns me.

Fair enough, but I'm pretty sure it's in the rules that coaches are not to approach the umpires in that manner.

I think you're comparing apples and oranges to be honest.

If a coach loses his temper, then that's up to the coach but approaching umpires should never be acceptable.

Even the coaches association had given their input "His actions have since drawn criticism from the AFL Coach's Association

as well as League CEO Gillon McLachlan, who said it was "not a good look" for the game."

It's a hard enough job as it is without putting more pressure on them during a game.

If I was on the GWS board, I would be thinking "where's his head at ?" if he's caught up with stuff like that.

I watched tha game and thought the umpiring was ok with the usual dodgy ones to both sides.

So yep, we'll agree to disagreethumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Two down to one for a blatant punch in the head from Stevie J.

Three down to two for Zac Dawson smashing Cameron's nose with an elbow.

One wonders what one has to do to get 3 weeksrolleyes.gif

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-04/we-need-to-have-a-look-at-that-behind-the-scenes-at-the-afls-match-review-panel

Dawsons was really bad,almost if he was in the team to do this job on Cameron(sorry Ron)and make a front of it by putting Pearce forward as an experiment.

Conspiracy theorytongue.png

• Like 2

Anyone see a side outside the top 4 winnning this year?

Outside the top 2?

Looking like a double Perth Finals week

I'm stressed already Bookman sitting on the wooden spoon in the tipping.sad.png

But alot to look at coming up.

Are Freo capable of getting back to early season form=hahsip hahsip

WCE,how will they stand after the next 2 weeks and there confidence levels=hahsip hahsip

Hawks will get rolling again now.

What factor will Goodes have on his team=hahsip hahsip

Tigers have there days and a chance although north will snuff them in round 23.

Bulldogs unknown with depth under pressure.

Kangaroos wont win in perth.

Forget the rest.

Injuries will play a big part,lets see after round 23biggrin.png

• Like 2

Outside the top 2?

I can't someone out of the 4 but can see someone outside of the top 2.

I reckon most people still think the hawks are the team to beat and they could

finish outside of the top 2.

WC are no way a lock for top 2. Playing hawks and Freo in the next 2 weeks.

Lose both of them and could easily slip down to 3rd or 4th.

In fact, if we lose both and lose another one, say to the WB's, we could also

drop out of the 4.

I'm not sure if I'd prefer WC to finish 2nd and play hawthorn at home or 4th and play

the Dockers.

The Dockers seem a lock for first place.

I'll let you know in a fortnighttongue.png

• Like 2

This is the best finals mix we have had in years. Hawthorn look the ones to beat but i reckon any of the top 6 can do an upset to make the GF. Freo, Sydney, WCE, Richmond, Bulldogs.... any can pull it off.

Not liking sydney at all the past month... Can't see them turning it around....

• Like 1

Outside the top 2?

I'm stressed already Bookman sitting on the wooden spoon in the tipping.sad.png

But alot to look at coming up.

Are Freo capable of getting back to early season form=hahsip hahsip

WCE,how will they stand after the next 2 weeks and there confidence levels=hahsip hahsip

Hawks will get rolling again now.

What factor will Goodes have on his team=hahsip hahsip

Tigers have there days and a chance although north will snuff them in round 23.

Bulldogs unknown with depth under pressure.

Kangaroos wont win in perth.

Forget the rest.

Injuries will play a big part,lets see after round 23biggrin.png

Upset wise for a final, I like the Bulldogs most. They have nothing to lose and the exuberance of youth. Can't see them making the GF.

I wonder with Richmond. I just don't see them as top 4 but they have beaten the top sides. I know Khun Willy Wonka is a big fan of Dustin Martin.

Is it a case of Richmond developing a game plan based on a superior team, and how to nullify and win against the better team? SO they sacrifice their own game to counteract the opposition?

Whereas the top teams are having a game plan, assuming Richmond are the underdogs and not planning like they would against a Hawthorn or Freo? Not changing their game style as much?

Edited by BookMan

This is the best finals mix we have had in years. Hawthorn look the ones to beat but i reckon any of the top 6 can do an upset to make the GF. Freo, Sydney, WCE, Richmond, Bulldogs.... any can pull it off.

Not liking sydney at all the past month... Can't see them turning it around....

Bookman.your boys have a pretty good run home to the finals.

• Like 1

LANGUAGE 'THEMES' FOR THIS ROUND OF MATCHES

I like this.. Be great if can sync to the Weagles V Hawks on TV.

I hope Adam Simpson has been burning the candle working on a strategy to shut down the Hawks and out soar them in a shootout.

Might require some accurate goal scoring.

Adelaide v Richmond - GREEK
· Collingwood v Carlton - HINDI
· St Kilda v Fremantle - HINDI
· Western Bulldogs v Port Adelaide - MANDARIN
· Melbourne v North Melbourne - MANDARIN
· Brisbane v Gold Coast Suns - VIETNAMESE
· West Coast Eagles v Hawthorn - ITALIAN
· Geelong v Sydney - SPANISH
· GWS v Essendon - ARABIC

THE FOREIGN LANGUAGE BROADCASTS ARE AVAILABLE VIA AFL.COM.AU AND THE AFL APP.

The post round MRP will be conducted in Latin.... sad.png

Edited by joboss
  • Like 1

Here is the schedule of games for round 23. 1 game on Friday, 6 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday.

Round 23 fixture. All times local

Friday, September 4
Richmond v North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium, 7.50pm AEST

Saturday, September 5
Geelong v Adelaide at Simonds Stadium, 1.05pm AEST
Brisbane Lions v Western Bulldogs at the Gabba, 1.45pm AEST
Port Adelaide v Fremantle at Adelaide Oval, 3.20pm ACST
Hawthorn v Carlton at the MCG, 4.40pm AEST
West Coast v St Kilda at Domain Stadium, 5.40pm AWST
Sydney Swans v Gold Coast at the SCG, 7.20pm AEST

Sunday, September 6
Melbourne v GWS at Etihad Stadium, 1.10pm AEST
Collingwood v Essendon at the MCG, 3.20pm AEST

Edited by ripstanley
  • Like 1

This was mentioned in last night's AFL360...

http://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/2015/08/05/afl-accused-cheating-salary-cap/

Big ballsy allegations by Richard Colless (former Swans boss) but if he said they happened, there's a pretty bloody good chance they did...

Massive allegations...

personally, i'd like to know how Hawthorn can keep all their players under the salary cap

Tipping this week lads?

Still hope that Will27 and 'chooka the second 'Carnegie Joe lose their marbles and fall off the top of the ladder. never lose hope. Will has been looking wobbly.

Geeling to beat SYdney?

West COast to smash the Hawks?

Melbourne to beat the Roos?

Saints over Freo?

• Like 1

Tipping this week lads?

Still hope that Will27 and 'chooka the second 'Carnegie Joe lose their marbles and fall off the top of the ladder. never lose hope. Will has been looking wobbly.

Geeling to beat SYdney?

West COast to smash the Hawks?

Melbourne to beat the Roos?

Saints over Freo?

Yes

Yes

No

Yes

smile.png

• Like 2