Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

This weeks winner is Carnegie Joe with 7/9. Xangsamhua and GrannysApples also picked 7/9. Good tipping. Carnegie Joe is aslo the overall leader on 135. He is 3 clear of Will27. Only 2 rounds to go.

Nice work.

KhunWilly just keeps pulling further away...as does Carnegie Joe.

Still...second is something to remember. No trophy inscription mind you, but memorable...

You're working beautifully BookManbiggrin.png

• Like 2

Next year we may have to make a rule that if you are banned from Thaivisa then you are deleted from our comp. When the comp is set up we can stipulate rules. What are your thoughts?

I'm not so much for that rule. Easy to get banned these days. Really, could happen to any of us.

How about... Entry if you are an established member on TV posting on this thread or on Thaivisa?

Carnegiejoe was around only a couple of weeks...

There are probably another half a dozen blokes who post who semi regularly id love to see join next year

I have to disagree with you BookMan.

Imagine if we had 7 or 8 TV members who joined who have no intention in posting.

IMO, the tipping comp is just a bonus of posting in this forum. Adds to the banter and discussion.

If we had 13 or 14 people tipping and only half posting, it would it take away from the comp.

As for Carnegiejoe, surely he is the Corey Mckernan/Chris Grant of the comp........inelligible.

If I remember correctly, a few people asked ripstanely early on,about having more than one account

and were (rightly) told 1 ID per person.

Unless we're told otherwise, CJ and Chooka are both one and the same.

Nuff saidtongue.png

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

I like the way Ross Lyon put their loss down to comedy capers.

When you run as hard as they did early,fatigue will set in eventually and mistakes will happen.

Are Freo fit enough to go all the way?

After last weeks derby and today's game against North, I reckon it would be extremely unlikely

for Freo to win the flag.

I just don't reckon they can score enough goals. If you get 5 or 6 goals in front of them, they're just about gone.

And their oppostion is never really out of the game as Freo generally don't score heavily enough.

Today's game was a perfect example. They kicked 7 in the first quarter and could only imagine another 5 for the game.

They might be a chance if hawthorn get knocked out as I can't see them scoring enough to stop the hawks in Melbourne.

• Like 1

Yeah I thought it was pretty much agreed that Carnegie Joe was Chooka and we just left it at that. Not sure what the old fella did to get banned but it was good to know that we didn't treat him like a lepper and banished him from.

Freo starting to show their true colours? Another 2012? Hold onto your hats boys, the business end isn't far away...

Fyfe in strife? Robbo doesn't seem to think so, thought the commentators jumped the gun, the way the MRP's gone the last few weeks, he'll be ok based on the medical report. But if he's found guilty and given a fine, will he challenge it?

Thanks to Khun Will27 for managing to get a call into Simmo... Was getting worried there for a second.. Lol

• Like 2

When you run as hard as they did early,fatigue will set in eventually and mistakes will happen.

After last weeks derby and today's game against North, I reckon it would be extremely unlikely

for Freo to win the flag.

I just don't reckon they can score enough goals. If you get 5 or 6 goals in front of them, they're just about gone.

And their oppostion is never really out of the game as Freo generally don't score heavily enough.

Today's game was a perfect example. They kicked 7 in the first quarter and could only imagine another 5 for the game.

They might be a chance if hawthorn get knocked out as I can't see them scoring enough to stop the hawks in Melbourne.

I'm not saying they will win the flag but don't write them off just yet. Their stats were'nt that bad and would be rueing missed shots for goal from close in.

"It was a frustrating day," Lyon said.

"I thought we had plenty of opportunities to be in a more commanding position.

"I thought in the third quarter ... we should have gone three or four goals up, (but) it was just comedy capers or turnovers, missed handballs, misses (for goal) from 20m, dropped marks, kick-ins over the line - in the end it takes a bit of a toll."

Ron19

I thought 2 of thoses misses from Chris Mayne were unforgivable.

Two years ago he just couldn't miss.

• Like 1

My man Roos serves it up in todays paper, no excuses and were not were we where, ummm in a bit if a shittie mood he was, Freo and GWS next 2 rounds....thats it for the season boys we sit on 6 wins for the year...

I can tell him what the problem is....there are at least half a dozen players not capable of playing 4 quarters.

Out of contract Garland, keep if not expensive

Howe....let him go

the rest

Chris Dawes...injured most of the time, key forward because of size and position gets another year

Cross.....been a fair player but was totally out played last 2 games, too old should retire.

Dunn.... Required, one of my favourites.

Frost...makes up numbers on the list still too prove himself.

Gartlet....well if the ball doesn't come your way with any precision hardly his fault.

Gawn..ruck future superstar

Grimes.....if can stay healthy worthy team member, one of the few goers for the entire game yesterday.

Hogan....on everybody wish list, worth 10 million a season.

Jamar.....delist..

Jetta....been around for ever and a day, good when his good rest of the time a passenger should join cousin in Sydney might make him a better player.

Matt Jones.....Trade Trade Trade

N Jones.....El Capitano of fast sunk ship...out of form at the moment.

Kennedy Harris.....keep due to many delistings to come gets another year.

Kent...never heard of him...makes up numbers on the list

L Heritier....i expected better from him...still expect him to be a valuable player for us in the future.

Tom Macdonald....untouchable.

Michie......shown nothing in 2 seasons to excite me...trade'

Newton....another high draft pick....not enough shown to keep

Cam Pederson...due to so many future delistings gets another year...to be fair was playing well until injured.

Salem.....possible future quality player to keep.

Spencer...back up ruck man worthy of hanging on to for a few years.

Strech, fist season needs to get much much quicker if he intends on making a mark in the AFL to short to play in 99% of positions, dad was a star wingman this guy is as tall as Bartlet was and half as quick.

Terlich....another high pick and been around awhile, if you haven't been able get a game in this team your not going to get a game anywhere. delist

Toumpas....came with big wraps, high draft pick, has everything but injured a lot, finally showed whats capable of before injured again....ummm...so many to get booted saves him from getting traded.

Jack the boss Trentgrove.....loved him hope he can get over this 2 year injury, quality midfield when fit...

Tyson....ok player nothing outstanding well not yet, still expect more from him.

Vandenburg....good first year even if faded by seasons end hang on to for another season.

Bernie Vince.....Untouchable and the best buy yet since Roos take over.

Viney.....had an ordinary day yesterday, bit undersized looks very promising only needs to be 75% as good as pop and the guy is a star.

Watts...untouchable...after dropping himself performance improved 150%, fair player even if others don't see it, good reliable game from him yesterday one of the few 100 min triers.

Fitzpatrick.....untouchable, key position player and a tall....ruck back forward, shows class if can stay healthy.

Brayshaw.....future quality midfielder keep at all costs

Who not mentioned means didn't even rate with me either injured or yet to have played a game.

I will submit to the team meeting this morning so we can prepare for the Draft and Trade week.

Classifieds

Melbourne Football Club

Wanted

2 new coaches,one to drive the bus and the other full of players.tongue.png

• Like 2

No.

At the derby a couple of weeks ago, many Freo supporters (21 yrs members), knowing that I am an Eagles supporter, mentioned to me that they do not believe that Freo has the goods to win a premiership.

But they are good sports and wished me luck and encouragement that the Eagles could go all the way and line up for the GF.

Normally a side sitting clear on top of the ladder this time of year would be clear favourites.

I think its the way they win doesn't install confidence into the punters.

The Eagles on the other hand are flying with attacking,entertaining footy.

Cant wait for the Eagles v Crows game.

I like West Coast.. Seem likely to challenge Hawthorn...They are gaining confidence and have so many avenues to goal.

Unlikely but possible winner? Richmond? Sydney?

• Like 1

My man Roos serves it up in todays paper, no excuses and were not were we where, ummm in a bit if a shittie mood he was, Freo and GWS next 2 rounds....thats it for the season boys we sit on 6 wins for the year...

I can tell him what the problem is....there are at least half a dozen players not capable of playing 4 quarters.

Out of contract Garland, keep if not expensive

Howe....let him go

the rest

Chris Dawes...injured most of the time, key forward because of size and position gets another year

Cross.....been a fair player but was totally out played last 2 games, too old should retire.

Dunn.... Required, one of my favourites.

Frost...makes up numbers on the list still too prove himself.

Gartlet....well if the ball doesn't come your way with any precision hardly his fault.

Gawn..ruck future superstar

Grimes.....if can stay healthy worthy team member, one of the few goers for the entire game yesterday.

Hogan....on everybody wish list, worth 10 million a season.

Jamar.....delist..

Jetta....been around for ever and a day, good when his good rest of the time a passenger should join cousin in Sydney might make him a better player.

Matt Jones.....Trade Trade Trade

N Jones.....El Capitano of fast sunk ship...out of form at the moment.

Kennedy Harris.....keep due to many delistings to come gets another year.

Kent...never heard of him...makes up numbers on the list

L Heritier....i expected better from him...still expect him to be a valuable player for us in the future.

Tom Macdonald....untouchable.

Michie......shown nothing in 2 seasons to excite me...trade'

Newton....another high draft pick....not enough shown to keep

Cam Pederson...due to so many future delistings gets another year...to be fair was playing well until injured.

Salem.....possible future quality player to keep.

Spencer...back up ruck man worthy of hanging on to for a few years.

Strech, fist season needs to get much much quicker if he intends on making a mark in the AFL to short to play in 99% of positions, dad was a star wingman this guy is as tall as Bartlet was and half as quick.

Terlich....another high pick and been around awhile, if you haven't been able get a game in this team your not going to get a game anywhere. delist

Toumpas....came with big wraps, high draft pick, has everything but injured a lot, finally showed whats capable of before injured again....ummm...so many to get booted saves him from getting traded.

Jack the boss Trentgrove.....loved him hope he can get over this 2 year injury, quality midfield when fit...

Tyson....ok player nothing outstanding well not yet, still expect more from him.

Vandenburg....good first year even if faded by seasons end hang on to for another season.

Bernie Vince.....Untouchable and the best buy yet since Roos take over.

Viney.....had an ordinary day yesterday, bit undersized looks very promising only needs to be 75% as good as pop and the guy is a star.

Watts...untouchable...after dropping himself performance improved 150%, fair player even if others don't see it, good reliable game from him yesterday one of the few 100 min triers.

Fitzpatrick.....untouchable, key position player and a tall....ruck back forward, shows class if can stay healthy.

Brayshaw.....future quality midfielder keep at all costs

Who not mentioned means didn't even rate with me either injured or yet to have played a game.

I will submit to the team meeting this morning so we can prepare for the Draft and Trade week.

Nice work Alex

Well guys its a bit early to speculate but right now looking at the 8 the only 2 sides i would think who couldn't make the GF would be Bulldogs ( lack of experience and when the heat of finals is on it will show up like that Bowing jet hitting one of the twin towers) and the other The Crows.

That means i think the other 6 are more than capable, most consistant team of the second half have been the WCE, Freo are still heavyweights and Lyon is too good a coach to just let it fade away, i think this weekends loss will do more good than bad and the Dees will cope another hiding when we front up to them the Power will give a bit more stick, i recon Freo will take good care of this stop start team.

Hawks you really can't discount them and would be fav with WCE to make the GF, but....but...they are beatable, Lions and Blues, an easy stride into the finals.

Swans....ahhhhhh sneaky pete's, very experienced finals side defiantly discount at your own peril, Saints and GC, should be able to do a clean sweep of both.

Bulldogs...great season but will become undone and underdone when the more experienced heavyweights get them, North and the Lions, could easily win both and get to a preliminary final.

Tigers, i like em, great coach i think, could do it and get to GF but...yes that word but...lacks enough finals experience like the teams mentioned above when the crunch is on....next season for them i think. Bombers and North, i think they can win both

North....ummm...playing well lets see next 2 weeks Dogs and Tigers, high % should keep them in the 8 even if loose both but then there just making up the numbers.

WCE, reasonably solid can be beaten but easily best team in second half of the season, Crows away Saints at home, should have enough gas in the tank to clean these two up.

Crows to be replaced by the Cats, WCE @ home the Cats it pussyland, did ok for the season considering.

Cats....bad start to the season i think a few of the veterans have seen better days can string a few wins together 2 or 3 would be there limit meaning they go out second week of the finals, Woods this week, they can't get much lower, Crows in week 23, the veterans will rise and carry the flag one more time before madam guillotine comes down to do its work at season's end.

Boys I'm going to stick my neck out and tell you who i like for the GF, i think Freo will bounce back as long as the Dees don't do them this week, laughable it is but stranger things have happen, Ross the boss Lyon will push the over drive button and keep us to a miserly 5 goals, the other side i like who like Freo are there but don't seem to be kicking up much of a storm....Swans.. both teams smarting from recent GF losses both with lots of finals experience and both have the reason to have that drive to get there.

• Like 1

I had to post my GF prediction's early as I'm off to Japan tuesday, meeting my ONLY TGF ( for your info Bookie..obviously a younger fitter man you are) running around and pandering to her wims not much time to do more than check in on fantasy and tipping........i know some of you will miss me and theres a couple who won't and i don't care.

• Like 2

Fyfe cleared. Hodge given 3 down to 2.

Seems you become a protected species when you're a Brownlow favorite...

RAGING Brownlow Medal favourite Nat Fyfe remains eligible for the game's highest individual honour after the Match Review Panel dismissed his report for a front-on bump on Ben Jacobs.

The Fremantle midfielder came under scrutiny when he was reported for making forceful contact with Jacobs in the Dockers' loss to North Melbourne on Sunday at Etihad Stadium.

A financial sanction – which would have been his third of the season – would have incurred an automatic one-week suspension for Fyfe and ruled him out of the Brownlow race.

Third time lucky: Why Fyfe deserved to be cleared

However, the MRP believed Fyfe was making a legitimate attempt to win the loose ball, and that he contested the ball with his arms reaching out in front of his body.

The MRP said he made "incidental" high contact to Jacobs' face with his arm and a free kick was paid.

Although Fyfe's body then followed through and hit Jacobs' chest, the panel said there was insufficient forceful high contact to see him receive a third fine.

Fyfe will be free to play for the Dockers in their clash with Melbourne on Sunday at Domain Stadium, where a win will see the club sew up a top-two position on the ladder.

Fremantle is yet to have a player win the Brownlow Medal since entering the competition in 1995.

• Like 2

I guess you've forgotten the good runs that Buddy and Goodsey have received from the MRPtongue.png

I reckon Fyfe was a fine at worst. Still would have made him ineligible but to lose a Brownlow

over something like that would be an injustice I reckon. No malice at all in that.

Think Hodgey was lucky to get 3 down to 2. If you have a bad record, I don't think you should be eligible for an early plea discount.

hey hey hey...

Sydney plays by it own rules u know

• Like 1

I had to post my GF prediction's early as I'm off to Japan tuesday, meeting my ONLY TGF ( for your info Bookie..obviously a younger fitter man you are) running around and pandering to her wims not much time to do more than check in on fantasy and tipping........i know some of you will miss me and theres a couple who won't and i don't care.

From you fantasy revelations i think we all know who you do care about gigglem.gif

enjoy your time with your GF mate

I guess you've forgotten the good runs that Buddy and Goodsey have received from the MRPtongue.png

I reckon Fyfe was a fine at worst. Still would have made him ineligible but to lose a Brownlow

over something like that would be an injustice I reckon. No malice at all in that.

Think Hodgey was lucky to get 3 down to 2. If you have a bad record, I don't think you should be eligible for an early plea discount.

What do Fyfe and Goodesey have in common? :P No forgetting here mate... Ablett Jnr another example...

Fyfe should've been fined, the system this year was set up exactly for him and yet he still - almost - found a way to beat those rules and lose another Brownlow. I will be laughing rather loudly if he doesn't win this year.

What do Fyfe and Goodesey have in common? tongue.png No forgetting here mate... Ablett Jnr another example...

Fyfe should've been fined, the system this year was set up exactly for him and yet he still - almost - found a way to beat those rules and lose another Brownlow. I will be laughing rather loudly if he doesn't win this year.

Would you have made these comments if he hadn't been reported in the 1st place ?

• Like 1

From you fantasy revelations i think we all know who you do care about gigglem.gif

enjoy your time with your GF mate

You're killing me BookManfacepalm.gif

• Like 1

What do Fyfe and Goodesey have in common? tongue.png No forgetting here mate... Ablett Jnr another example...

I'd love to see Fyfey win it.

Probably hasn't polled too many votes since he got corked by Mitchell but might be sitting on around 20 votes

after his first 8 games.

If Fyfe doesn't win it, I wouldn't mind seeing Priddas, hanners or Danger get it.

I hope Mitchell doesn't win it and I don't reckon Goldstein should either.

• Like 1