Registering address

Hi, need some advice on registering my address

Arrived Thailand 28 Oct 2018 (O-A Retirement Visa from Canberra)

90 days reporting late January 2019 reported to Jomtien Immigration

Left Thailand 28 February 2019

Arrived Thailand 07 April 2019

Will I need to register my address using the TM28/30 form with Jomtien Immigration immediately?

Or do I wait until my 90 days reporting in early July & submit my rent receipt as per my 1st visit in January 2019?

Will the owners of my hotel need to submit any residency documents for me?

Cheers

Edited by swordfisch

16 minutes ago, geisha said:

Hi Ubonjoe, but who will give him the famous slip of paper to put in the passport “ notification of address” ? If the hotel/ condo does it all online, does one still have to go personally to Jomtien IO ?

The slip of paper is not need if staying anyplace that registers their tenants online.

Only a payment receipt or some other proof of where they are staying would be needed. Immigration can check a database to see if the report was done.

THanks UJ , up to now, I have always been registered online by my condo office, and have also gone personally to Jomtien , filled in the Notification paper, given them the copy of my online registration from the office, passport etc ,but they never told me this wasn’t necessary, and I thought I needed to because I always have one extension during my winter stay. 

I recently flew to Bangkok and stayed overnight in a hotel and then flew home the next day.  I then spent 4 hours round trip (not including getting all the paperwork ready) going to Chiang Khan and waiting to do my TM30 ... only to be told that the hotel in BKK did not report my stay (and I was given back my documents as not needed), so it was a wasted trip.

I then asked the IO if the hotel would be fined for not reporting me and she said no, the hotels in "the big cities" are not required to report (optional) your stay there if it is only for 1 or 2 nights.

I then asked about staying in a hotel in Loei or any other "small city" and she said that they are required to report you even if just for one night.  

Where is the logic in that and how is a person to know whether they reported your stay or not?  What happens the next time I go to BKK and stay overnight and skip my TM30 only to find out later that they indeed reported my stay (and then I might be fined?).

Please don't say to do the TM30 online, it is not even possible here.

I'm just trying to make sure that I follow all the rules but this gets awful frustrating at times.  

Forgot to mention that the reason I have to report the TM30 (and not the landlord) is that I live in a rented house and do not wish to bother him to do it for me all the time (he works everyday and is unavailable) so I must take a copy of his ID card, tabian ban, signed power of attorney and other paperwork every time I go.

I thought that the power of attorney (once turned in) would suffice so that my wife and I could do it ourselves from then on but I was wrong.  The power of attorney form must be signed and witnessed (and turned in) each time my landlord is not present.

7 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

I recently flew to Bangkok and stayed overnight in a hotel and then flew home the next day.  I then spent 4 hours round trip (not including getting all the paperwork ready) going to Chiang Khan and waiting to do my TM30 ... only to be told that the hotel in BKK did not report my stay (and I was given back my documents as not needed), so it was a wasted trip.

I then asked the IO if the hotel would be fined for not reporting me and she said no, the hotels in "the big cities" are not required to report (optional) your stay there if it is only for 1 or 2 nights.

I then asked about staying in a hotel in Loei or any other "small city" and she said that they are required to report you even if just for one night.  

Where is the logic in that and how is a person to know whether they reported your stay or not?  What happens the next time I go to BKK and stay overnight and skip my TM30 only to find out later that they indeed reported my stay (and then I might be fined?).

Please don't say to do the TM30 online, it is not even possible here.

I'm just trying to make sure that I follow all the rules but this gets awful frustrating at times.  

I (my wife) do the TM 30 report online after I come back to Thailand from abroad. I travel within Thailand 7 or 8 times a year. So far no problem whatsoever.

Reckon you tink too mut.

• Like 1

Do I need to renew my registration with a new TM30 when I return from a trip to UK (10 days) are return to the same address on my last TM30 and have the slip in my passport?  I'm a bit confused on this point. 

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Do I need to renew my registration with a new TM30 when I return from a trip to UK (10 days) are return to the same address on my last TM30 and have the slip in my passport?  I'm a bit confused on this point. 

I believe you use Jomtiem?

If that is the case I would say no, not required. 

There is no harm in trying to submit one if you have concerns. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I believe you use Jomtiem?

If that is the case I would say no, not required. 

There is no harm in trying to submit one if you have concerns. 

I do use J.  It would be nice not to have to spend yet more time in Immigration when I return. I guess that the worst that can happen is that I get a fine when and if it gets picked up, well, Mrs P gets fined.     

8 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I do use J.  It would be nice not to have to spend yet more time in Immigration when I return. I guess that the worst that can happen is that I get a fine when and if it gets picked up, well, Mrs P gets fined.     

Well the WORST might well be both of you being fined. ????I have never submitted a TM30 and when I have done extension renewal, re-entry permits etc it seems not to have been an issue. I expect one day I will be challenged and fined and mend my ways, but there have been many statements ex Jomtiem that my circumstances do not warrant it. (Been on a retirement Ext many years living in same, my, place). 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

It seems that every Immigration office has different rules regarding the TM30 (along with everything else).

In Loei, you cannot succeed in doing a simple 90 day report unless your TM30's are current and that means doing one EVERY TIME you come back into the country or you come home from a short stay elsewhere (hotel in Thailand etc.).  They know.

If you try to do a 90 day report and you are missing a TM30, you will have to file your TM30 first and then get the paper stapled into your passport before you are allowed to do your 90 day report or extension request etc.

Even though they have a copy of my one year lease on a house, they know where I live and a TM28 is required IF and WHEN I move, they still require a hand delivered TM30 each and every time I go out of the house. 

If they raise the fine to 10,000 baht for reporting late (after 24 hours), I pity the poor souls who miss one or report later than 24 hours after returning.

11 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

I (my wife) do the TM 30 report online after I come back to Thailand from abroad. I travel within Thailand 7 or 8 times a year. So far no problem whatsoever.

Reckon you tink too mut.

Okay if I think too much, please enlighten to me as how I can do the TM30 online (when I rent a house from a Thai owner who is not my wife or my wife's family) and I have already asked the IO if it could be done online. 

The answer was "no, we do not allow online TM30 reports at this Immigration Office".

This tm30 is new to me. My wife and I built a house on her land. Both our names are on the paperwork but I assume she is my 'landlord'. I don't need to check in every 90 days with my io as I leave every 89 days in accordance with my marriage visa. So my question is do I need to advise them of our New address and what paperwork do we need

Sent from my SM-J250F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

As far as I understand it -

A TM28 is required anytime you move to another address. 

You will need the filled out TM28 form and copies of your Passport (info page, latest TM6 card, your permission to stay such as your Visa or extension and latest arrival stamp into the country).  You will also need proof of your residence such as a tabian ban and copies of same (plus a rental contract if renting) and possibly the chanote for the land your wife's house is built on (depending on which Immigration Office you must report to) and a signed copy of your wife's ID card. 

All copies of the ID and passport should be signed (in blue ink I believe).

You might also have to submit your first TM30 at the new address (if you haven't done one there yet).

I'm sure someone will be along that knows better than I but that's a start anyway.

• 3 months later...