Went to the waterfalls for Songkran but only Thais get in free, not foreigners.

6 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Surely you are not suggesting that the lowest earners shouldn't get the discount because the rich have paid in more?

Sorry..I am a little perplexed..

Are you (annd your confederates here) saying that the wealthier Thais should pay more for entrance into the national parks?

..and that you (and your confederates) think that might be a good thing?

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

Who's to say that the cashier(s) are being honest and not just pocketing the extra money?

You get a ticket (once i got 40 Thai children tickets instead of two adult foreigner tickets, probably they were out of other tickets) when you pay, so if they want to pocket the money there would have to be at least two persons involved.

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

too over sensitive mate. 

Nothing wrong with being offended by racism and xenophobia. Where would we be if middle america thought black people were being 'too oversensitive' during the civil rights movement of the 1960's? Stuck somewhere in the 1700's, that's where!

Racism is racism, regardless if it is black/white or whatever color person is experiencing it. It creates hardships and ill feelings for all involved. 

Edited by Despondent Foreigner
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

In the UK many attractions and transport firms, including bus and rail,  theatres and cinemas, offer a lower entry price for those on a UK state pension and those on UK benefits, including work related benefits.  By definition these are always UK citizens, or those with 'indefinite Leave to remain' in the UK, a designation not available to expats in LOS.  

Those are pensions.

Are you referring to pensioner discounts and equating them to Thai double pricing?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

In the UK many attractions and transport firms, including bus and rail,  theatres and cinemas, offer a lower entry price for those on a UK state pension and those on UK benefits, including work related benefits.  By definition these are always UK citizens, or those with 'indefinite Leave to remain' in the UK, a designation not available to expats in LOS.  

Not even remotely comparable to what I experienced today, but try again if you like!

Edited by Despondent Foreigner
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Those are pensions.

Are you referring to pensioner discounts and equating them to Thai double pricing?

Disney World has different prices for natives of Florida. That's what the Thai guy told me. 

Edited by marcusarelus

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Disney World has different prices for natives of Florida. That's what the Thai guy told me. 

Please...

See the excellent post of Richard Smith (above)

I am done with the level of denial about this topic-or any other,for that matter.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1

I encountered one of these double pricing scenarios once visiting some Thai version of Madame Tussaud’s with some Thais. Coincidently I saw a bar adjacent so made a point of letting them know my indignation at this atrocious policy. 

Couldn’t have given a hoot really but win win.  

1 hour ago, Despondent Foreigner said:

Nothing wrong with being offended by racism and xenophobia. Where would we be if middle america thought black people were being 'too oversensitive' during the civil rights movement of the 1960's? Stuck somewhere in the 1700's, that's where!

I’m sure once you explained that to your kids they fully understood why they didnt go. 

Edited by Kadilo

6 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

They charge Brits more than Florida residents.  I think that's the same.

Okay, let's say for a moment that they charge brits more than florida locals, does that make it right? Why can't Thailand lead the way and show they are all about equality instead of extortion? Why not set the good example by charging everyone the same fee, regardless of nationality?

Many countries around the world do not operate a two tier pricing system. The choice of which way to go is up to Thailand.

1 minute ago, Despondent Foreigner said:

Okay, let's say for a moment that they charge brits more than florida locals, does that make it right? Why can't Thailand lead the way and show they are all about equality instead of extortion? Why not set the good example by charging everyone the same fee, regardless of nationality?

Many countries around the world do not operate a two tier pricing system. The choice of which way to go is up to Thailand.

"Disney brings back ticket deal for Florida residents"  Google it.  It is marketing.  Thais are giving natives a price break just like Disney is.  Extortion?  Look up the definition. 

You are barking up the wrong tree. 

• Like 1