Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

Although we quite agree on principle, I would say "relative" truths, or "temporary" truths.

I hope i don't sound pedantic here, it's just for the sake of clarity of speech ????

Btw, it's quite possible that the word "abstract" is the best one for you to explain your thought.

Like in natural science, the use of certain words to define specific concepts, should be peer-reviewed.

But then, the same word can produce infinite shades of impressions on every single human being.

This should be a serious clue for materialistic science to accept the fact that we have at the very least, 3 "bodies" , physical, soul and spirit.

The soul retain the emotions,the impressions, the experience of a whole life time, and it's directly connected to God, or the spirit, or the absolute, or the source, you name it.

To say that soul and spirit are a product of the physical body would then be completely wrong, a real nonsense.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sunmaster said:

I have no <deleted> clue and I honestly don't care...

Well give it some thought, as you usually do with this religious subject, why do males have nipples that do nothing, while you're at it, why do we have toe nails, ever growing nose hairs when humans don't need them, well I can understand nose hairs, they are filters, but toe nails, tree climbing perhaps, but nipples.....Hmmmm, we are made in gods image, so it is written...:whistling:

14 hours ago, transam said:

Not so sure, I mean, why did "God" give me, you, and all males 2 nipples that do sod all. 

Strange that, BUT, not strange to believers because they will come back with a reason....????

Yes, and a telephone pole is high too!

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

physical, soul and spirit.

The soul retain the emotions,the impressions, the experience of a whole life time, and it's directly connected to God, or the spirit, or the absolute, or the source, you name it.

To say that soul and spirit are a product of the physical body would then be completely wrong, a real nonsense.

Interesting thought, and if so, then animals have souls to. Since they also have emotions, impressions and get experience of a whole life, and should be directly connected to god. Can not state one animal Only have soul, and not another who also for sure feel, think, experience, this is abstract thinking at its best ???? 

Edited by Tagged

Also yet abstract belief is life travelled space and infested earth, and have been infested many times durings its time, and highly possible still being infested, but now the atmosphere protects us against some impacts with help from Jupiter. Before atmosphere I find it highly possible that life came from outside. Or it must have been coming from outside and not just started here. Life travel space, abstract truth ????, and maybe possible to prove one day. 

I doubt god or a soul will be proved. 

Edited by Tagged

9 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Also yet abstract belief is life travelled space and infested earth, and have been infested many times durings its time, and highly possible still being infested, but now the atmosphere protects us against some impacts with help from Jupiter. Before atmosphere I find it highly possible that life came from outside. Or it must have been coming from outside and not just started here. Life travel space, abstract truth ????, and maybe possible to prove one day. 

I doubt god or a soul will be proved. 

Life did come from outside this planet, and God was the creator.  The Bible explains everything to us God wants us to know.  Many of the posters on this site appear to be spiritually blind.  Reading the Bible which Jesus confirmed was the word of God, and praying to Jesus to forgive your sins, will restore your spiritual blindness.

Jesus died on the cross for our sins.  This gift from God is free but you have to ask for it and repent of your sins.  This is not rocket science to figure out.  Everyone will have until their last breath to do this.  After that there are no more chances.  God made us where we will live on for eternity.  Our choices where to live are limited to two destinations, Heaven with God or Hell with Satan.  Only a fool would reject God.    

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

Life did come from outside this planet, and God was the creator.  The Bible explains everything to us God wants us to know.  Many of the posters on this site appear to be spiritually blind.  Reading the Bible which Jesus confirmed was the word of God, and praying to Jesus to forgive your sins, will restore your spiritual blindness.

Jesus died on the cross for our sins.  This gift from God is free but you have to ask for it and repent of your sins.  This is not rocket science to figure out.  Everyone will have until their last breath to do this.  After that there are no more chances.  God made us where we will live on for eternity.  Our choices where to live are limited to two destinations, Heaven with God or Hell with Satan.  Only a fool would reject God.    

Very good example of abstract belief CMN

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

I am confident that 2 plus 2 equals 4 in other worlds and for other more or less evolved species, absolute truths exist.

I am also confident that two, human-imagined entities, equals four human-imagined entities.

For example, we might observe a tree to be a single entity, separate from all other trees and life-forms. But is it?
We can make a distinction between one tree and another tree because of our sensory perceptions, but perhaps in complete ignorance that the tree roots are connected to other tree roots, and that the observed '4 trees' are in reality one tree.

It's a major principle of Buddhism that everything is interdependent and that no thing spontaneously exists all on its own.
Animals in general have a mental capacity and characteristic that allows them to separate connected entities for the purpose of survival. One has to be able to separate the fruit from the tree in order to recognize the fruit, harvest it and eat it. But that separation and identification is a mental process.

Mathematics is a very useful human construct that has enabled us to achieve so much in science and technology. It's an abstract concept that can be applied when we separate things into an 'either/or' situation, with boundaries. That's human reality but not necessarily 'absolute reality'.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, VincentRJ said:

Mathematics is a very useful human construct that has enabled us to achieve so much in science and technology. It's an abstract concept that can be applied when we separate things into an 'either/or' situation, with boundaries. That's human reality but not necessarily 'absolute reality'.

Good post, but I disagree, mathematics doesn't need me or you to exist. It existed before humans, and it will exist after humans. At the moment I can't provide evidence for my assertion, and I'm afraid you can't either, so that's just a safe bet imho.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

Interesting thought, and if so, then animals have souls to. Since they also have emotions, impressions and get experience of a whole life, and should be directly connected to god. Can not state one animal Only have soul, and not another who also for sure feel, think, experience, this is abstract thinking at its best ???? 

As said many moons ago, while humans, well, let's say most of humans, are individual souls (jivas) , animals have a "group soul", you can see it with your eyes if you pay attention to patterns of behaviour.

Evolved mammals like dogs, horses, elephants can evolve something similar to an individual soul, when living in close proximity/interaction with humans imho.

Then, it's much more complex than this, because even countries, populations or associations can be said to have a "soul", you can also see that very clearly observing patterns of behaviour in people.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

As said many moons ago, while humans, well, let's say most of humans, are individual souls (jivas) , animals have a "group soul", you can see it with your eyes if you pay attention to patterns of behaviour.

Evolved mammals like dogs, horses, elephants can evolve something similar to an individual soul, when living in close proximity/interaction with humans imho.

Then, it's much more complex than this, because even countries, populations or associations can be said to have a "soul", you can also see that very clearly observing patterns of behaviour in people.

Im so surprised you are so sure about your way of thinking. Like no doubt at all.  Another good example of abstract thinking, indeed. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Good post, but I disagree, mathematics doesn't need me or you to exist. It existed before humans, and it will exist after humans. At the moment I can't provide evidence for my assertion, and I'm afraid you can't either, so that's just a safe bet imho.

Mathematics is the base of our existence. Its the nature of law base on mathematics

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

That which exists is what we can provide evidence for. The word 'mathematics' exists only in the human mind. The numerals, one to infinity, exist only in the human mind. All languages, all written texts, all scientific theories, exist only in the human mind, although written texts, whether fiction or non-fiction, have a material existence outside of the human mind, as paper does, or papyrus, or rock carvings, or the computer. However, the meaning attributed to such texts exist only in the mind.

Edited by VincentRJ
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, VincentRJ said:

That which exists is what we can provide evidence for. The word 'mathematics' exists only in the human mind. The numerals, one to infinity, exist only in the human mind. All languages, all written texts, all scientific theories, exist only in the human mind, although written texts, whether fiction or non-fiction, have a material existence outside of the human mind, as paper does, or papyrus, or rock carvings, or the computer. However, the meaning attributed to such texts exist only in the mind.

If there is a creator, the creator must have know physics and mathmatics, as engineering and medicine just to mention something. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tagged said:

If there is a creator, the creator must have know physics and mathmatics, as engineering and medicine just to mention something. 

Don't be silly. ????

If there is a 'Creator', of the entire universe, his (or it's) knowledge of matters which we describe as 'physics, maths, engineering, medicine, and so on', would rationally be around a trillion times more advanced than the current, combined knowledge of all human-developed scientific disciplines.

At the present time, scientists are still struggling with the mystery of Dark Matter and Dark Energy, which is claimed (by a consensus) to represent around 95% of all the matter and energy in the universe.

After centuries of scientific development, we have now 'think' we have reached the stage of potentially being able to detect just 5% of the matter and energy which surrounds us, using the most sophisticated scientific instruments currently available. Wow! ????

When or if we eventually discover how to detect Dark matter and Dark Energy, we might also discover evidence which suggests that 95% of the universe is expanding at a speed greater than our 'human-defined' definition of the speed of light, and therefore cannot be detected, but only speculated upon. ????

Edited by VincentRJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, transam said:

Well give it some thought, as you usually do with this religious subject, why do males have nipples that do nothing, while you're at it, why do we have toe nails, ever growing nose hairs when humans don't need them, well I can understand nose hairs, they are filters, but toe nails, tree climbing perhaps, but nipples.....Hmmmm, we are made in gods image, so it is written...:whistling:

You're confusing me with some other "religious" person, which I'm not and neither is this subject. The topic of this thread is "God". Religion is just a part of it.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, VincentRJ said:

Don't be silly. ????

If there is a 'Creator', of the entire universe, his (or it's) knowledge of matters which we describe as 'physics, maths, engineering, medicine, and so on', would rationally be around a trillion times more advanced than the current, combined knowledge of all human-developed scientific disciplines.

At the present time, scientists are still struggling with the mystery of Dark Matter and Dark Energy, which is claimed (by a consensus) to represent around 95% of all the matter and energy in the universe.

After centuries of scientific development, we have now 'think' we have reached the stage of potentially being able to detect just 5% of the matter and energy which surrounds us, using the most sophisticated scientific instruments currently available. Wow! ????

When or if we eventually discover how to detect Dark matter and Dark Energy, we might also discover evidence which suggests that 95% of the universe is expanding at a speed greater than our 'human-defined' definition of the speed of light, and therefore cannot be detected, but only speculated upon. ????

I do not find it silly, and I did not refer to the dimention of it, just stated mathmatics is the core of existence, it might be more to it than we ever will know before everything restarts or going to a new dimention beyond our imagination, but I think we can se whats happens out there and believe it will be a new big bang or many big bang in our universe. We might as well live in a cell in a living creation for that sake, that will finely die. The question is open. 

59 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Im so surprised you are so sure about your way of thinking. Like no doubt at all.  Another good example of abstract thinking, indeed. 

I'm not surprised of your shallow interpretation of my post. That's spiritual science, it's not "my way of thinking".

As I said, you can see it with your eyes, but you need apparently to put on a little effort. I'm quite sure that a couple of posters here, which I'm not naming, have enough developed "spiritual eyes" to understand very clearly the difference between individual soul and collective soul.

If you know some dog who is a music composer, or some horse who is building temples, I am ready to reconsider "my way of thinking".

21 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I'm not surprised of your shallow interpretation of my post. That's spiritual science, it's not "my way of thinking".

As I said, you can see it with your eyes, but you need apparently to put on a little effort. I'm quite sure that a couple of posters here, which I'm not naming, have enough developed "spiritual eyes" to understand very clearly the difference between individual soul and collective soul.

If you know some dog who is a music composer, or some horse who is building temples, I am ready to reconsider "my way of thinking".

This is what I find problematic with your replies, you are rude and you are shameless when answering people who take you serious, And ask you questions. You start with "im not surprised you are (stupid you did not say) shallow, as you prefer to use this time. Hidden insults all the way, and you take it for granted that everyone have to understand there are other dimentions, like how you se it, and how you explain it? It is dangerous when poeple use such techniques when debating. Such behavior leeds to dissaster when Someone convinced in a surten theology, feel they carry the truth, and the only truth, and who also gets to power over other people. It is an ilness among humanity. You taking this debate out of concept. 

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

"Not developed spiritual eyes".....????...........You mean, not brain washable.....????

An Elephant, Dolphins and a few others have a bigger brain than you/humans, but they are not capable of doing human things because of their physical structure. ????

6 minutes ago, Tagged said:

This is what I find problematic with your replies, you are rude and you are shameless when answering people who take you serious, And ask you questions. You start with "im not surprised you are (stupid you did not say) shallow, as you prefer to use this time. Hidden insults all the way, and you take it for granted that everyone have to understand there are other dimentions, like how you se it, and how you explain it? It is dangerous when poeple use such techniques when debating. Such behavior leeds to dissaster when Someone convinced in a surten theology, feel they carry the truth, and the only truth, and who also gets to power over other people. It is an ilness among humanity. You taking this debate out of concept. 

Well, I'm really sorry you take it that way.

Feel free to ignore my posts then ☺

5 minutes ago, transam said:

"Not developed spiritual eyes".....????...........You mean, not brain washable.....????

An Elephant, Dolphins and a few others have a bigger brain than you/humans, but they are not capable of doing human things because of their physical structure. ????

Huhu, it's not just about physical structure, but I'm just been accused to be rude for trying to explain something, so all i can do is taking note of your opinion.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

Huhu, it's not just about physical structure, but I'm just been accused to be rude for trying to explain something, so all i can do is taking note of your opinion.

Well I cannot imagine a brainier than us Elephant or Dolphin using a screw driver. ????

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Well I cannot imagine a brainier than us Elephant or Dolphin using a screw driver. ????

I am reasonably sure that no animal could have such a twisted thought.

Thanks for proving my point.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, I'm really sorry you take it that way.

Feel free to ignore my posts then ☺

Does it make you feel good! Extra points in the carma box? Im not ignoring you, Im adressing it, so be mature enough, and have some pride as respect when you reply! It cant be that hard?

you always blaim my spelling and my misunderstanding, but I feel Im right on this one!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, transam said:

Not so sure, I mean, why did "God" give me, you, and all males 2 nipples that do sod all. 

Strange that, BUT, not strange to believers because they will come back with a reason....????

Maybe God was hedging his bets just in case the LGBT lot come along :giggle:

• Haha 1