Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

5 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Interesting post, perhaps you can start to define what "holy spirit" (which personally i would accept as a synonym for "God") means to you.

I think my position is clear, i cannot prove it by the parameters imposed by science, yet i believe it exists.

The deniers get it easy, saying that they have not to prove anything, but for me, it's like admitting that their scientific theories are flawed, or at least incomplete (and that's being generous)

I belive in Unicorns

I think my position is clear, i cannot prove it by the parameters imposed by science, yet i believe it exists.

The deniers get it easy, saying that they have not to prove anything, but for me, it's like admitting that their scientific theories are flawed, or at least incomplete (and that's being generous)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sirineou said:

We have no theory, You have one. we just fail to believe your theory because you have not provided any evidence to support it.

My theory is obvious to me because my spiritual senses are open.

If you don't even try to open your spiritual senses, i cannot help you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

Food for Thought

There are more historical records regarding the existence of Jesus Christ than the Roman Emperor Julius Caesar, yet no one doubts the latter walked the earth.  

During the decades immediately after Jesus crucifixion — when the New Testament was written and the Gospel was being preached by those who knew him — there would have been ample opportunity to refute the accounts of his resurrection.  This didn't happen.  

Most of Jesus’ 12 original apostles died violent deaths for their faith.  People will die for what they believe to be true, but dying for what they know is a lie is not likely.  Keep in mind, the 12 original apostles witnessed Jesus healing the sick, making the blind see, saw Jesus walking on water, and bringing back the dead, along with seeing Jesus alive after his crucifixion.  

To deny God and Jesus, will be the biggest mistake anyone could ever make in their lifetime.  When I read some of these anti-Christan comments on this site, is makes me wonder why so many would want to spend eternity in Hell.  Heaven or Hell, it's your choice.  

Matthew 10:33 - But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 10:32 - Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Pure brainwashing, you need help! There is no proof of Jesus as one person walked the earth, but Ceasar, there is written down by officials, and many more. Jesus is a myth, and thats all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I think we are on the same page in regards to the existence of God but on separate pages in regards to our definitions of God.You separate God from the Universe where as I do not which to me is not a semantic difference. 

I can see but a very small proportion of the known Universe in fact if the Universe is eternal what I can see could not really be considered a proportion,because there are no numbers that go any where near infinity except infinity.

I cannot detect atoms with any of my five senses but apparently they exist and what about neutrons and those other really small things I watch scientist discussing on youtube?What's lurking way out beyond where our instruments cannot see?

I did not separate God from the universe, because God is everywhere. The universe is the body of God. Me and you are also the body of God, also that tree you see outside of the window is body of God.

2) Correct, we can detect only a part of the universe, yet i believe that it's composed of countless solar system, and many of them, i believe are hosting some kind of life. Some similar to us, some not much.

3) in a previous post i compared our solar system to an atom, as a great master used to say: As above, as below.

Ok, perhaps you are right, we are not on the same page.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

What makes you think I have not tried?

I am not talking about your past, i am talking in the present.

If you tried and you stopped trying is irrelevant, the fact is that you are not trying now.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

I am not talking about your past, i am talking in the present.

If you tried and you stopped trying is irrelevant, the fact is that you are not trying now.

You mean like a fly at the window pane?

A definition for insanity is "trying the same thing over and over again but expecting different results."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

A definition for insanity is "trying the same thing over and over again but expecting different results."

Up to you.

If you want to talk silly, you can find somebody similar to you :smile:

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

did not separate God from the universe, because God is everywhere. The universe is the body of God. Me and you are also the body of God, also that tree you see outside of the window is body of God.

2 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

About God/Universe.. my point was that the Physical Universe, which we are able to see, it's not God, but his creation..Thus, if THIS physical universe (i don't doubt there may be many, similar or not) ceased to exist, God would still exist, being eternal, thus inside and also outside of everything physical.

Fair enough I may have misunderstood your meaning.By "This physical universe" you mean as the physical matter of the universe i.e. planets and stars atoms etc as distinct from a metaphysical universe or spirit?I think I get your drift then and is a fair point.So maybe we are on the same page after all.Well played.

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

Well, what did you do, how long have you tried and how serious were you about it?
You can't expect to get any kind of breakthrough by meditating 10 minutes a week.

The fact that none came to you only means that you didn't pursue it long enough. It's like giving up playing chess because after 2 lessons you still can't win a game. ????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Fair enough I may have misunderstood your meaning.By "This physical universe" you mean as the physical matter of the universe i.e. planets and stars atoms etc as distinct from a metaphysical universe or spirit?I think I get your drift then and is a fair point.So maybe we are on the same page after all.Well played.

Yep, as i said, i know for experience that, in this kinds of debates, we should take the time to establish very clearly the meaning of every single word we use.

Not my fault, not your fault.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

The fact that none came to you only means that you didn't pursue it long enough. It's like giving up playing chess because after 2 lessons you still can't win a game. ????

Perhaps.

How long is long enough oh great arbiter of "long enough"

5 minutes ago, sirineou said:

How was anything I said silly?

If silly does offend you, i am sorry. Let's say not pertinent.

I suggest you to read the whole thread again, in various posts i made examples of what i mean by "spiritual senses".

..So at least you'll know what i'm talking about.

I am tired to explain again.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

I used to play chess and was the only one to have a drawn game against the guy who won our district championships,but I could never beat Thelma,everybody else could beat Thelma and I could beat everybody else except the guy who won the championship and Alex the blind guy and not many could beat Alex the blind guy who would  look you in the eye over his glasses.More books written about chess than any other subject!

Still ploughing through Freedom from the Known,which is to deep to go to quickly.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

26 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Pure brainwashing, you need help! There is no proof of Jesus as one person walked the earth, but Ceasar, there is written down by officials, and many more. Jesus is a myth, and thats all. 

You should really think twice about what you said, and take time to read this passage from the Bible.  Matthew 10:33 - But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Yep, as i said, i know for experience that, in this kinds of debates, we should take the time to establish very clearly the meaning of every single word we use.

Not my fault, not your fault.

Nah definitely my fault for reading to quickly.

Just now, mauGR1 said:

If silly does offend you, i am sorry. Let's say not pertinent.

Silly does not offend me. you can stay with the "oh that's silly" argument, many debates have being won with that one.:cheesy:

3 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I suggest you to read the whole thread again, in various posts i made examples of what i mean by "spiritual senses".

I thought this thread was about "Do you belive in god and why"   I said I don't believe  because there is no evidence, You say I don't need any evidence, . I guess time to close this thread then, because other than intelectual mastubation, this conversation is over. 

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I guess time to close this thread then, because other than intelectual mastubation, this conversation is over. 

Well, it seems that you don't like this thread, but nobody is forcing you here.

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

Silly does not offend me. you can stay with the "oh that's silly" argument, many debates have being won with that one.:cheesy:

I thought this thread was about "Do you belive in god and why"   I said I don't believe  because there is no evidence, You say I don't need any evidence, . I guess time to close this thread then, because other than intelectual mastubation, this conversation is over. 

Lol, I guess it's a good thing that you're not the God of this thread then. 

Extinction event avoided ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

Long enough is when you can reap some benefits from your hard work.
No need for you to get defensive, I'm just trying to understand.

I am not defensive, I just ridicule the "you have not looked long enough" argument.

it is a red herring argument to distract from the fact that you have nothing. so you introduce a subjective term. 

True story.. It is like when my Mom was smoking and she told me she was going to quit. I told her "I will believe it when I see it" to which she replied " I bet you I will never smoke again"

I said "Mom I will take that bet and I will give you 100 to 1 odds"

Do you know why I took that bet and at such unfavorable odds?  Understanding this will go a long way towards understanding the "Not long enough" argument

As to the "benefit" argument, Come on, realy?