Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. How many women were in charge 50,000 years ago?

Google it and see. Just because your narrow view of human history holds that everything long ago was patriarchal doesn't make it true

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, jimmyyy said:

Why does it bother you if people have a belief in a god?  Live and let live. 

They can't. It bothers them too much to allow others to believe in something they disagree with. The flip side of the coin from deeply religious people that can't accept people not believing in "God".

25 minutes ago, jimmyyy said:

If you believe that then you must also believe that there are no consequences flowing from someone's religious (or any other) beliefs - take this as just one example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism_and_violence

Edited by ThaiBunny

Recently my nightly yoga and breathing meditation exercises feature a series of affirmations. Instead of Om, I chanted names of demons and beasts. Abbadon, Beelzebub, Baphomet, Devil, Hades, Pluto, Sammarin, Satan, again and again with a diabolical passion. After many nights of devotional drowsiness a crystalline realization came to me. Why this so-called god of the Israelites loves me but I hate him for it? He is weak and wastes it on criminals, liars and HYPOCRITES!!

Now consumed I depart the sphere of bleating sheep. Imbrued in color of Kali/Yuga. Not shyam (black) a brilliant, gleaming rainbow of all colors Not the destroyer, the liberator. I shall transmit and inscribe the word of G-d in blood the sacrifice his choosing. Behold upon the forks of his mighty trident impaled, a FISH. Now the path forward clear. Find a mate to and bring forth the vanguard on earth from my loins, the anti-christ. The lord of the universe has an INFERNAL NAME! God of the Canaanite, and the Sumerian. Worship and bow before your lord! “Dagon”. HAIL DAGON!IMG_0714.gif.daf758e9a42e25137cab09f1d0b6e2bb.gif

IMG_0715.jpg.7dcb7a5a887d50a73f8c1c072705cc0f.jpg

The Issue of Dagon

Exactly! Many people believe in all sorts of entertainment fantasies.... Star Wars movies, Biblical stories such as kangaroos, dinosaurs and sheep jumping on Noah’s boat and Moses parting oceans, UFO stories, Loch Ness monster stories and God was an astronaut stories etc. Let them believe these stories without prejudice nor criticism. It makes them happy, don’t bother arguing with them. Just smile and leave them be.

2 hours ago, yodsak said:

Ok, so the earth isn't 6000 years old as the  3000 year old book of fairy tales suggests, it's 4.54 billion years old. And a god started to make it 4.54 billion years ago. Not made in 6 days as we understand it.  

A god can make a day last a few billion years.  Wonder what Hawking  [RIP] would think of that theory.?  

The Bible is obviously the word of God for numerous reasons.  Jesus confirmed this fact before He died for our sins.  The spiritually blind will argue until the cows come home the Bible is a fairy tale.  These people are unable to see the truth. 

Another fact we know for sure is Stephen Hawking is no longer an atheist.  Hopefully, Hawking came to his senses before he took his last breath, and accepted Jesus Christ as his saviour and asked God for forgiveness.  If Hawking failed to do this, we know there are no Atheist in Hell, and certainly none in Heaven.  Hawking's is now a believer.

39 minutes ago, ross163103 said:

Obviously this thread is going nowhere, please moderators, put it out of it's misery!

No - please don't - it is quite entertaining

and you ross, I don't know what your issue is but  don't tell other people what to do

if you don't like this threat don't read it.

16 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Exactly. No one knows, therefore some unknown force created it all. It is perfectly acceptable that an unknown force may be described as "god". "God", after all, is just a word, and can be ascribed any meaning depending on one's beliefs.

lol just a word. You've just made god part of the dump. Seems to me that you are using god rather than unknown.... for some reason.

..therefore some unknown force created it all.

Where are you getting this force from?  How do you know it exists and how do you know it's required? How do you know the concept of 'it' or 'singular' is meaningful?

If "god" didn't make life, the universe and everything, from whence did it come?

I'll take it as given that the question is valid. Don't know but I do know that 'god did it' is a logical fallacy.

So, you don't know, but you do know that there is no god? That is illogical. Either you know, or you must entertain the possibility of anything, including that beyond your experience.

Some of this goes back to a post I made earlier about white noise and having to believe in everything possible, including contradictions..... unless there is some kind of method to discern by, it's white noise.

All very interesting.

Don't know but I do know that 'god did it' is a logical fallacy.

So, you don't know, but you do know that there is no god?

It doesn't have to be god, could be whatever you fancy. On what possible basis can you claim 'x' to be a particular number of options/outcomes? x is true on the basis that y is not true, only.

On 6/23/2019 at 5:48 PM, ThaiBunny said:

My many discussions with religious believers, including members of my own family, about life in general have led me to the conclusion that their world view is one of fear - they're quite simply scared of life. Religion provides them with certainty vs. the uncertainties of the modern world

Yes totally agree...but even more so afraid of death. Mortality. Not existing anymore. It's their security "blanky" that gives them some comfort their gonna be united with dead loved ones and live happily ever! :cheesy:

Deep inside they know it ain't true though. That is why the believers are always the most distraught at news of death and at funerals. All their preaching and praying and nonsense is really not trying convince us heathens, but rather trying to convince themselves. Sad lot truly. 

• Haha 1

On 6/24/2019 at 9:21 PM, CMNightRider said:

Atheism

The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.

Makes perfect sense

More absolute nonsense. Your confusing (and conflating) atheism with how the known universe came into existence and with abiogenesis. Atheism says nothing about either. Atheism is simply the disbelief in the claim that a god(s) exist. Certain people who happen to be atheists may have opinions on those scientific issues, but that has nothing to do with the desperate attempt at parody above.  

• Like 2

On 6/25/2019 at 2:31 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

6 days may not mean 6 days as we understand it. If a being created life the universe and everything, s/he can certainly make a "day" last a few billion of our years.

Yeah and saying that I'm a vegan could mean something that none of you really understand. And since "vegan" has a definition and I am one...I can use the word to mean anything I freakin' like. :cheesy:

You certainly are in to misunderstandings, incomprehension, ignorance and woo! ????

On 6/25/2019 at 3:25 AM, jimmyyy said:

Because blatant, willful ignorance and superstition in the 21st Century is ridiculous and unacceptable.

Because many try to legislate and infringe on others rights based on their nonexistent god's dogma.

Because it wouldn't be much of a thread if we just let the nonsense be spewed ad nauseam.

BECAUSE IT'S FUN! :vampire:

23 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

The Bible is obviously the word of God for numerous reasons.  Jesus confirmed this fact before He died for our sins.  The spiritually blind will argue until the cows come home the Bible is a fairy tale.  These people are unable to see the truth. 

Another fact we know for sure is Stephen Hawking is no longer an atheist.  Hopefully, Hawking came to his senses before he took his last breath, and accepted Jesus Christ as his saviour and asked God for forgiveness.  If Hawking failed to do this, we know there are no Atheist in Hell, and certainly none in Heaven.  Hawking's is now a believer.

Not even remotely obvious to me. Actually the opposite is obvious. Your Bible is total nonsense and your divine Hey-sus is a myth. If Hey-sus existed at all...he was just a man. A cult leader type of his time. A charlatan. ????

The unforgivable sin is denying the deity of Christ

By continuing to resist and reject the Lord, you build calluses on your soul until the conviction of the Spirit of God no longer registers on your heart.  Over a period of time you become hardened.  You hear the Word of God and it makes no impact on you.  If you die in that condition, there’s no further forgiveness available.  For those who reject Jesus Christ, there’s no forgiveness anywhere else, anytime, either in this world or the next.  He died for you, and if you reject that, there’s no other sacrifice for sin.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

52 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

The unforgivable sin is denying the deity of Christ

By continuing to resist and reject the Lord, you build calluses on your soul until the conviction of the Spirit of God no longer registers on your heart.  Over a period of time you become hardened.  You hear the Word of God and it makes no impact on you.  If you die in that condition, there’s no further forgiveness available.  For those who reject Jesus Christ, there’s no forgiveness anywhere else, anytime, either in this world or the next.  He died for you, and if you reject that, there’s no other sacrifice for sin.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

What a CROCK! ???? ???? ????

Here are some versus Christians love to pretend don’t exist

He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord."(Deuteronomy 23:1)

"I permit no woman to teach or have authority over men; she is to keep silent." Timothy 2:11

"For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken. No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the Lord made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God." (Leviticus 21:18-21)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

Not even remotely obvious to me. Actually the opposite is obvious. Your Bible is total nonsense and your divine Hey-sus is a myth. If Hey-sus existed at all...he was just a man. A cult leader type of his time. A charlatan. [emoji56]

A charlatan and a fraud, his big trick? This “salvation” the most boring plane of existence in all the universe! For a eternity, nothing happens. A white light, eternal tedium. You and the simps, your most pathetic worthless relations, liars, hypocrites, and then the worst. The cowardly losers who fled to Jesus on a dying breath. Turn away from the light and join with DAGON in HELL the true paradise! Untold wealth, power, and REBIRTH to REVEL again and again all the carnal pleasures on earth awaits.

Pledge allegiance to DAGON. Hail DAGON!

IMG_0817.jpg
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, ross163103 said:

Pretty sure it's a thread not a threat, but I will take your advice and not read any more.......thanks.

1 hour ago, sweatalot said:

Well, now that's a threat

It's a treat

On 6/23/2019 at 7:03 AM, jimmyyy said:
On 6/17/2019 at 8:59 AM, Nemises said:

I survived the tsunami (Patong Beach) and the families with children, sitting on the beach chairs either side of me, unfortunately didn’t. If there’s a God I really think he would saved those children instead of a non-believer. (RIP to them).

Don't know you would need to ask god why he did it. 

If i pray to 'God' and ask him a question, what is the best language to use... English or maybe mandarin Chinese? Or is 'God' fluent in all 6,500 spoken languages around the world. ????

4 hours ago, Elad said:

If i pray to 'God' and ask him a question, what is the best language to use... English or maybe mandarin Chinese? Or is 'God' fluent in all 6,500 spoken languages around the world. ????

God supposedly has a plan.

On 6/25/2019 at 4:33 PM, CMNightRider said:

Correct, he's no longer an atheist because he's dead.

And if he didn't come to his senses and accept jesus christ as his saviour before he died then he went to hell.  

''Certainly no atheists in heaven'', yes, wouldn't make much sense.

If Hawking failed to ask a god for forgiveness where did he go?

''We know there are no atheists in hell''.  1382325593_ScreenShot2019-06-27at08_09_00.png.9c7563a427ee364b46209380e0cfb553.png  

1557121206_ScreenShot2019-06-27at12_12_47.png.57d7b2eb35be575d382b6e1410cb0fe4.png

1240951795_ScreenShot2019-06-27at19_55_20.png.e538f471242dff76a2c69d7ba813fa90.png

680686050_ScreenShot2019-06-27at19_55_36.png.19b3450114575924dab368f11d451148.png

Let's hope Bill comes to his senses before it's too late. And Richard Dawkins

906218660_images(78).jpg.eebfb25bc86d60356db2883721c8990e.jpg

• Like 2

I just read in the paper that scientists have traced the origin of a radio burst  to a place 3.6 billion light years away God must have been very busy making all these planets ,i wonder did Jesus or Mohamed ever visit them as well ,i mean its not fair that they only came to Earth now is it?

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I just read in the paper that scientists have traced the origin of a radio burst  to a place 3.6 billion light years away God must have been very busy making all these planets ,i wonder did Jesus or Mohamed ever visit them as well ,i mean its not fair that they only came to Earth now is it?

I'm wondering where the "high place" is that the Devil took Jesus to the top of, to show him "all the kingdoms of the world and their splendour". I guess that was when the Earth was still flat

• Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 11:02 PM, ross163103 said:

Obviously this thread is going nowhere, please moderators, put it out of it's misery!

Nothing to do with you. It's up to the OP to ask for it to be closed, or not.

You, on the other hand can choose not to come on it anymore. I suggest you take that option.

• Like 1