Brexit cannot define us, says UK PM's deputy as ratings dip

webfact

12 hours ago, puipuitom said:

How many voted for" leave, whatever the consequences/costs might be"? 

polls Brexit till Feb 2019.jpg

Enough evidence over the last few years to demonstrate the 'people' have changed their minds, now knowing so much more about the disaster that Brexit would bring to the UK. In which case a second referendum is essential rather than push a deal through that would be out of date with modern consensus of opinion.

Albeit, I wouldn't want any UK government to be complacement, and it is Britain's job on a global scale to champion a EU bloc on planetary environmental issues like global warming and oceanic plastic refuse, that Trump refuses to accept as being factual.

And at home, to invest in the UK, create job openings that would benefit the poor, support key industries, and completely overhaul what is not working owing to increasing and ineffective control, e.g. the education system.

Whether any current UK tory or labour government could accomplish anything other than political infighting is as a result of the 'first past the post' undemocratic voting system. Proportional representation is a future must if the UK is to bring itself up to modern times and bring about the need for parliamentary consensus to pass key acts.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Enough evidence over the last few years to demonstrate the 'people' have changed their minds, now knowing so much more about the disaster that Brexit would bring to the UK. In which case a second referendum is essential rather than push a deal through that would be out of date with modern consensus of opinion.

Albeit, I wouldn't want any UK government to be complacement, and it is Britain's job on a global scale to champion a EU bloc on planetary environmental issues like global warming and oceanic plastic refuse, that Trump refuses to accept as being factual.

And at home, to invest in the UK, create job openings that would benefit the poor, support key industries, and completely overhaul what is not working owing to increasing and ineffective control, e.g. the education system.

Whether any current UK tory or labour government could accomplish anything other than political infighting is as a result of the 'first past the post' undemocratic voting system. Proportional representation is a future must if the UK is to bring itself up to modern times and bring about the need for parliamentary consensus to pass key acts.

Well now..you could stand as an independent mp come the next GE..or as no doubt shortly a " we luv the eu" will be formed..trying to rival the mighty Brexit Party.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

48 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

In which case why is Farages new party doing so well?

If you seriously think that Brexitism is a far right movement..exactly what do think of unelected eu commissioners and their entourages..they were not voted into their positions by the general voting public of eu member countries..yet the power they have is unbelievable !!
I suggest to you that the eu commission..drunkard..the fat putty faced belguim guy..barnier..macron, tell the TRUTH re their ultimate aim.. ...namely

"a united states of europe."
Perhaps if every person of voting age in the eu had been asked to vote on all eu commission proposals on an annual basis and whatever way the voting went..eg..for 6 proposals and against 9 proposals..the commission would immediately BIN their 9 proposals.
Their is a massive very distant gap between the eu top kiddies and the general eu public.
Too late now for them to consult the eu general public.
One instance..merkel letting in islamic immigrants..bombings..murders..asaults..rapes..and you honestly wonder why the afD Party is going from strength to strength!!!
Me..I hope that the afD.. the french rally and every eurosceptic " populist " party make massive gains in the forthcoming mep elections.

And it will be all the eu top kiddies fault..because for many years..they did not even pay lip service to the eu voting public.
Last point..people like merkel will have 24 hour armed protection squads around her to her dying day.
My german friend here in Thailand obviously keeps in touch with family and friends over in germany.
Since merkel opened the door to massive numbers of islamic immigrants..in his own home city..armed cops on duty around schools..a and e depts of hospitals etc.
No problem for merkel and the other chattering class however.

Rant over..except to say that I will immensely enjoy the fall if the corrupt autocratic shambolic eu " empire "

Have a wonderful day

Cheerstapatalk_1554542882860.jpegtapatalk_1553645964109.jpeg

53 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Well now..you could stand as an independent mp come the next GE..or as no doubt shortly a " we luv the eu" will be formed..trying to rival the mighty Brexit Party.

You need to understand that our planet is at risk. All this Brexit rubbish is small beer in comparison, but unfortunately occupying the minds of politicians throughout the UK and EU. 

36 minutes ago, evadgib said:

In which case why is Farages new party doing so well?

I couldn't care a toss about Farage or his disillusioned followers, nor any political party who is incapable of pursuing a global agenda. brexit is a poisoned chalice and should be exterminated.   

27 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

If you seriously think that Brexitism is a far right movement..exactly what do think of unelected eu commissioners and their entourages..they were not voted into their positions by the general voting public of eu member countries..yet the power they have is unbelievable !!
I suggest to you that the eu commission..drunkard..the fat putty faced belguim guy..barnier..macron, tell the TRUTH re their ultimate aim.. ...namely

"a united states of europe."
Perhaps if every person of voting age in the eu had been asked to vote on all eu commission proposals on an annual basis and whatever way the voting went..eg..for 6 proposals and against 9 proposals..the commission would immediately BIN their 9 proposals.
Their is a massive very distant gap between the eu top kiddies and the general eu public.
Too late now for them to consult the eu general public.
One instance..merkel letting in islamic immigrants..bombings..murders..asaults..rapes..and you honestly wonder why the afD Party is going from strength to strength!!!
Me..I hope that the afD.. the french rally and every eurosceptic " populist " party make massive gains in the forthcoming mep elections.

And it will be all the eu top kiddies fault..because for many years..they did not even pay lip service to the eu voting public.
Last point..people like merkel will have 24 hour armed protection squads around her to her dying day.
My german friend here in Thailand obviously keeps in touch with family and friends over in germany.
Since merkel opened the door to massive numbers of islamic immigrants..in his own home city..armed cops on duty around schools..a and e depts of hospitals etc.
No problem for merkel and the other chattering class however.

Rant over..except to say that I will immensely enjoy the fall if the corrupt autocratic shambolic eu " empire "

Have a wonderful day

Cheerstapatalk_1554542882860.jpegtapatalk_1553645964109.jpeg

About time he focused on global warming or ocean plastic refuse instead of banging on about the EU. 

2 hours ago, stephenterry said:

"Enough evidence over the last few years to demonstrate the 'people' have changed their minds"

If that were true, brit. MPs would be pushing for another referendum.....  And yet they're not......

Edit - they're clearly not as confident as you ????.

4 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

"Enough evidence over the last few years to demonstrate the 'people' have changed their minds"

If that were true, brit. MPs would be pushing for another referendum.....  And yet they're not......

You might ask yourself why? Could it be they're afraid of losing their seat, or even being deselected if they vote for a new referendum. 

All out for themselves...

22 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

15 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

You might ask yourself why? Could it be they're afraid of losing their seat, or even being deselected if they vote for a new referendum. 

All out for themselves...

Not sure of your point.

You agree that more than a few would likely lose their seats if they opted for another referendum?  Surely they wouldn't worry about this if (as stated in your post) -  "the 'people' have changed their minds"?

1 hour ago, stephenterry said:

Perhaps a fifth ice-age might be appropriate, then, before we all get swallowed up without a Noah's ark to save us.

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

When it's time to go..it's time to go..best just live it daily and enjoy it..after all..everyone is only here on earth for a " look ".

Not to fuss about it but we are in an ice age at the moment. We are just in an interglacial period where it gets warmer for 20 to 50 thousand years. There have been a few of them. We are not coming out of this ice age which may still last many 100k years, but we are expected to come out of the interglacial back into the colder part of the ice age within the next 20k years. Of course we may have fried ourselves to a crisp long before then if we can't control our emissions. (No farting please the cows are doing enough damage that way already). I may not have all the facts exactly right but it is very interesting, look it up (Avoid Brexiteer websites where facts are at a high premium!).

2 hours ago, stephenterry said:

I couldn't care a toss about Farage or his disillusioned followers, nor any political party who is incapable of pursuing a global agenda. brexit is a poisoned chalice and should be exterminated.   

On 4/18/2019 at 11:30 AM, dick dasterdly said:

Not sure of your point.

You agree that more than a few would likely lose their seats if they opted for another referendum?  Surely they wouldn't worry about this if (as stated in your post) -  "the 'people' have changed their minds"?

The question brings up several issues and apart from those already mentioned the findings of the Electoral Commission would have to be addressed and in doing so MPs are likely to come under criticism for the failings first time round. As far as MPs are concerned, it is avoid criticism at all cost.

However the biggest fear among MPs would be a remain result based on one vote.

On 4/18/2019 at 11:30 AM, dick dasterdly said:

Not sure of your point.

I'm sure the MPs who had represented a leave constituency majority in 2016, would be targeted as traitors or worse.  Anyway there are more important issues facing the world than debating 'what could happen if'.    

On 4/15/2019 at 12:14 PM, welovesundaysatspace said:

Significantly more than anyone in the WTO or the UK‘s head of state and commander-in-chief. 

The WTO do not choose to dictate every day law to the UK or meddle in sovereignty. WTO do not decide on how many people can or cannot enter the country. WTO do not choose who we can and cannot trade with or set our tariffs. Who is the UK head of state, the prime minister you mean? If so neither do the EU. Or commander in chief. Bullshit observation

On 4/17/2019 at 2:17 PM, welovesundaysatspace said:

Not sure if I should be amused or feel sorry for you still living in your little lala land but I hope you won’t be too devastated when reality kicks in, whether that’s a customs union, full membership or begging for help after crashing out. 

I wish for you to feel neither. While you haven't actually stated, I would guess you are not from the UK in which case it is none of your business anyway. Why you would find such glee should things become difficult is hard to understand, unless you are simply a sad gloater as your post suggests, but there are many stronger arguments predicting success once we (if ever) finally do leave the EU than the puerile scare stories attached to those wishing we remain. Including yours. If you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all may be something you should consider.

Archived