Big Joke latest: Embattled former top cop takes off for America

webfact

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Poor Big Joke. I hope US immigration don't cavity search him. Saying that - you can never be too careful when it comes to 'foreigners'. 

If someone were to anonymously contact US immigration with his name and an alleged concern, surely they would be obliged to check him out, surely? (wink-wink) ????

After standing in line for hours, BJ's passport was ceased...then he was selected to be searched...found to be in violation of article 44 and lese majeste...He is currently on his way to a tent city near the Mexican border to await trial...the backlog of cases now taking less than a year to be heard...

When asked if he had sufficient funds to influence his case...he replied "no tipping" allowed... ????

2 hours ago, ocddave said:

I hope he is hammered by US Immigration when he gets off the plane, hopefully denied entry.

It is very obvious that the US Immigration will have more credible information than most TVF members.

5 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

Funny how things turn,  I feel a bit sorry for him now.

Overzealous and naive and now paying the price. 

Yes, always a good idea for the deputy PM to appoint an "overzealous and naive" person to the top job of a department that is responsible for foreign visitors and workers, in a country where both are very important to the economy.

1 hour ago, Kasset Tak said:

Well, my Thai friend was not approved for a visa to US when he wanted to go and visit his sister (naturalized US citizen), the US embassy sited not enough money and the likelihood of my friend going to US to work as the reason... My friend only had 1million Bath in the bank and his family have 3 businesses, including the largest pig farm in the district, employing about 30 people. So with those strict rules for Thais going to other countries, then I can really understand if the Thai immigration don't allow you in if you can't show that you have 20k Baht for your stay.

This is just one incident how the Western Immigration works. Most westerners are not aware of how their countries immigration harass other foreigners... do a genuine, unbiased research and publish the results here without feeling ashamed, many will agree that the Thai immigration officers are good.

24 minutes ago, inThailand said:

DT hired him to build the wall and get illegals to deposit money in US banks for a cut of the action? 

Yes, he'll come back and build a wall between Thailand, Burma, Laos and Cambodia!

1 hour ago, KPG59 said:

I certainly hope that the U.S. Immigration officer makes sure he has cash in his pocket AND a return ticket before admitting him...

Definitely he will have more money in his pocket than many around here!!! ????

6 minutes ago, ravip said:

Definitely he will have more money in his pocket than many around here!!! ????

And hopefully he will be able to show that such funds are from legitimate sources..... not the rewards of racketeering, extortion, corruption, etc.

55 minutes ago, docwjw said:

Please help me!  I have a Thai friend, who has many reasons to return to Thailand, denied a US tourist visa last year!  That travel would have been for less than 3 weeks and time would have been touring with a married, same sex, Thai national living in Arizona.  Why should a US visa be so easy for "Big Joke" to obtain!  What should my friend do differently should they decide to reapply in the future?  I very sincerely desire your comments!!!

I wish I could help.

But US tourist visas for Thai's are a bit of crap shoot. 

Before my wife got her green card she was denied a tourist visa, when we wanted to go visit my daughter who had just had a baby

Professional woman, plenty of money in the bank...but NO

My only conclusion was that since she had lived in th US as a teenage, gone to college there, they thought she might have been a flight risk!

Unlike the Brits we get no letter stating the reasons for the denial, it's the CO at the interview saying Yay or Nay, and thats it.

55 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

So has he actually gone to America or simply made a request for leave. Cant think the Bigs would approve having already put him on a v short leash.

It may be a little like Thaksin being given permission to attend the Beijing Olympics while the judges deliberated on the verdict of his trial. Thaksin "forgot" to return, as was the wish of those in power. Let's hope Big Joke gets the hint.

2 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

I wish I could help.

But US tourist visas for Thai's are a bit of crap shoot. 

Before my wife got her green card she was denied a tourist visa, when we wanted to go visit my daughter who had just had a baby

Professional woman, plenty of money in the bank...but NO

My only conclusion was that since she had lived in th US as a teenage, gone to college there, they thought she might have been a flight risk!

Unlike the Brits we get no letter stating the reasons for the denial, it's the CO at the interview saying Yay or Nay, and thats it.

it's the CO at the interview saying Yay or Nay, and thats it.

Lovely!

Next...

As Big Joke and his entourage were in San Fransisco they took the boat over to Alcatraz.   As they were shown round, Joke turned to Somchai and said " Hey Somchai, we think these foreigners are dumb schmucks....... but their modern prison technology knocks the spots off anything we've got back in Thailand."

I sincerely ask, was there collusion with the US Embassy in Bangkok???  PLIASE, PLEASE tell me the Embassy is above collusion!!!  BETTER YET, prove it.  This is not a "BIG JOKE" with me!!!  My friend is an ordinary Thai, is that the reason their 3 week US holiday request was denied??? I welcome ALL your replies!!!

Big Pom as Prawit is known. (Seriously)

Has indicated to Thai Media that Big Joke has made 6 mistakes which have landed him in the current predicament.

This is what the wife is telling me from media reports.

No idea about the 6 wrongs.

Maybe this is old news. 

24 minutes ago, ravip said:

This is just one incident how the Western Immigration works. Most westerners are not aware of how their countries immigration harass other foreigners... do a genuine, unbiased research and publish the results here without feeling ashamed, many will agree that the Thai immigration officers are good.

You must be comparing Thai Immigration officers to North Korea's Immigration officers.  I have traveled to over 50 countries, and Thailand's immigration is second to none when it comes to harassing westerners. ????  

12 minutes ago, Chang_paarp said:

It may be a little like Thaksin being given permission to attend the Beijing Olympics while the judges deliberated on the verdict of his trial. Thaksin "forgot" to return, as was the wish of those in power. Let's hope Big Joke gets the hint.

Yes, Chang_paarp: exactly what I thought immediately.

He has been 'let go' - in every sense of the phrase!

At my Thai friend's personal US Embassy, Bangkok interview there was neither a Yay or Nay comment. Only pleasant smiles were exchanged during and after three simple questions: Why do you wish to go to the US?---To see tourist sights., How long will you stay?---No more than three weeks., Where will you stay?---I will be touring with a married Thai friend who lives in Arizona.    The Thai Passport was retained  and they were told it would be returned by mail.  The Passport was kept for OVER five weeks!  It was then returned after a phone call stating the request was denied, with no reason given!   I would appear that "BIG JOKE'S" Visa went easier than my friend's.  Is it because one is just a simple Thai!!!  I seek your sincere comments!   I for one am disgusted with both the "system" and the US Embassy Bangkok!

maybe donald can ask him to make the same rules of thai people moving to USA... not being able to buy land, report every 90 day to police, make sure they come to begg every year for an extension of stay with 10x more savings the average joe has on his bank account and no more thai restaurants in USA with at least 4 REAL WHITE / BLUE / BLACK / RED AMERICANS per thai restaurant worker or massage parlour

4 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Poor Big Joke. I hope US immigration don't cavity search him. Saying that - you can never be too careful when it comes to 'foreigners'. 

Hope he is carrying at least 20,000 baht on him.????

4 hours ago, ocddave said:

I hope he is hammered by US Immigration when he gets off the plane, hopefully denied entry.

it would be nice if they ask him to show bank book with 25K on it deposited (depending on the US IMO) 2-3 months ago

Archived