Big Joke latest: Embattled former top cop takes off for America

webfact

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

I would not be surprised if once on US soil he claims political asylum.

My first thought as well.  For a Thai government/military guy, it's not a routine outlay of money, flying all the way to the US and back for a mere 2 week visit.  Not sure how much his salary is but recall hearing Prayuth's former salary, as head of the entire Thai Army, was very modest. 

4 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

You must be comparing Thai Immigration officers to North Korea's Immigration officers.  I have traveled to over 50 countries, and Thailand's immigration is second to none when it comes to harassing westerners. ????  

Actually I was referring to the western IO 's. So, it seems East ,West,  North or South all IO's are the same.  No one likes aliens! 

4 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

My first thought as well.  For a Thai government/military guy, it's not a routine outlay of money, flying all the way to the US and back for a mere 2 week visit.  Not sure how much his salary is but recall hearing Prayuth's former salary, as head of the entire Thai Army, was very modest. 

They all seem to have very rich wives it appears!

2 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

My first thought as well.  For a Thai government/military guy, it's not a routine outlay to fly all the way to the US and back for 2 weeks.  Not sure how much his salary is but recall hearing Prayuth's former salary, as head of the entire Thai Army, was very modest. 

Does this guy have a family, wife, kids, parents etc, cant go on holiday on your own if you are a family man.

4 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

I think it's great Mr. Big Joke will have an opportunity to see what professional immigration officers look like when he visits the U.S.  TSA is another story.  TSA staff is a good example of unprofessionalism. ????  

Please be kind to read post #21. This is solid proof of how authentic are some posts here. Is that what BJ and the TH immigration officers should learn?

Really,  without first hand experience, what some post here are fairy tales. 

Basically that 'loosing face' syndrome that is oft mentioned here.

Just now, Tilacme said:

Does this guy have a family, wife, kids, parents etc, cant go on holiday on your own if you are a family man.

Of course you can, although I would expect some wives wouldn't be pleased about it, but that's a different subject. 

I'm just saying the circumstances and timing is interesting.  1 high viz politico in recent years was in the dock but was given permission to go abroad on leisure travel, and Surprise Surprise, he never came back.  Another was under surveillance but managed to escape over the border, right out from under their noses.    Sometimes it's easier this way.

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Maybe we think you are down right pathetic, for saying that.

Maybe we think that the many pidgin english antagonists which have suddenly appeared on TV should be ignored.

Thats funny he can't speak a word of English? And to  go on a Holiday to America. 

He isn't gone yet there is a reason why he's been put where he is ??

Hell have a second coming standing  next to the Rooster  it's amusing that he may well be with the PM with his  corrupt cronies as the say  can't beat them join them. 

6 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

Well, my Thai friend was not approved for a visa to US when he wanted to go and visit his sister (naturalized US citizen), the US embassy sited not enough money and the likelihood of my friend going to US to work as the reason... My friend only had 1million Bath in the bank and his family have 3 businesses, including the largest pig farm in the district, employing about 30 people. So with those strict rules for Thais going to other countries, then I can really understand if the Thai immigration don't allow you in if you can't show that you have 20k Baht for your stay.

When my wife applied for her US tourist visa she was given a 10 year visa with no questions asked.  At the time, we had been married two years and she had been to several countries in Europe and neighboring countries around Thailand.  

She was not deemed a flight risk.  Evidently, your Thai friend was deemed a flight risk.  I suspect he was telling you stories about the money he had in the bank, and his pig farm.  

1 minute ago, CMNightRider said:

When my wife applied for her US tourist visa she was given a 10 year visa with no questions asked.  At the time, we had been married two years and she had been to several countries in Europe and neighboring countries around Thailand.  

She was not deemed a flight risk.  Evidently, your Thai friend was deemed a flight risk.  I suspect he was telling you stories about the money he had in the bank, and his pig farm.  

Off topic, come on invigilators!

3 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

I wonder how fat is his bank account  and did he transfer enough money to his overseas account?

1 Way ticket?

Applying for political asylum like the top cop who fled to Australia because he feared for his life?

Archived