Mueller finds no conspiracy, but extensive Trump-Russia contacts

webfact

19 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

it is astounding after nearly three years of believing far fetched lies

One assumes you are talking to trump enablers / supporters

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/03/04/president-trump-has-made-false-or-misleading-claims-over-days/?utm_term=.1a2c322a0e25

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, simple1 said:

They all lie. The only difference is the dems think their side tells the truth all the time. trump supporters know he says what is politically expedient on any given day. I could link you to many lies from the dems which go ignored, 

the libs act like your crap doesn’t stink.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

please keep up the delusional attempt to impeach. it will be another epic failure, just like the phony investigation.

this is going to backfire in tremendous fashion, and it will be hilarious to watch the left meltdown even more

http://https//theintercept.com/2019/04/18/robert-mueller-did-not-merely-reject-the-trumprussia-conspiracy-theories-he-obliterated-them/

Glenn Greenwald, no fan of the president, produced what I consider the most detailed, fair response to the Mueller report:

In sum, Democrats and their supporters had the exact prosecutor they all agreed was the embodiment of competence and integrity in Robert Mueller. He assembled a team of prosecutors and investigators that countless media accounts heralded as the most aggressive and adept in the nation. They had subpoena power, the vast surveillance apparatus of the U.S. government at their disposal, a demonstrated willingness to imprison anyone who lied to them, and unlimited time and resources to dig up everything they could.

The result of all of that was that not a single American -- whether with the Trump campaign or otherwise -- was charged or indicted on the core question of whether there was any conspiracy or coordination with Russia over the election. No Americans were charged or even accused of being controlled by or working at the behest of the Russian government. None of the key White House aides at the center of the controversy who testified for hours and hours – including Donald Trump, Jr. or Jared Kushner -- were charged with any crimes of any kind, not even perjury, obstruction of justice or lying to Congress.

These facts are fatal to the conspiracy theorists who have drowned U.S. discourse for almost three years with a dangerous and distracting fixation on a fictitious espionage thriller involved unhinged claims of sexual and financial blackmail, nefarious infiltration of the U.S. Government by familiar foreign villains, and election cheating that empowered an illegitimate President. They got the exact prosecutor and investigation that they wanted, yet he could not establish that any of this happened and, in many cases, established that it did not.

As he noted, here are some of the press accounts obliterated by the report:

Paul Manafort never visited Julian Assange in the Ecuadorian embassy; Guardian reporting otherwise is utterly fake.
Buzzfeed’s claim that the President told Michael Cohen to lie about negotiations to build a Trump Tower is Moscow -- FAKE.
CNN’s claim that Cohen asserted that then-candidate Trump knew in advance about the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting (bruited by Carl Bernstein, Jim Sciutto and Marshall Cohen) -- FAKE.
Rachel Maddow’s charge that “the Russians may be controlling our government” -- FAKE.
Claims by Marcy Wheeler (repeated by others, including the Washington Post) that the post-election contacts between Trump and Russia were evidence of a conspiracy -- FAKE.
Also FAKE: the Steele Dossier, pee-pee tape stories, secret meetings in Prague, and corrupt financial dealings with Russia going back years before the election. 

Claims about the Trump Tower meeting in 2016 fell flat -- there was nothing criminal about it.

In Greenwald’s words:

One can debate whether it’s unethical for a presidential campaign to have dirt about its opponent released by a foreign government, though anyone who wants to argue that has to reconcile that with the fact that the DNC had a contractor working with the Ukrainian government to help Hillary Clinton win by feeding them dirt on Trump and Manafort, as well as a paid operative named Christopher Steele (remember him?) working with Russian officials to get dirt on Trump.

In sum, neither during the investigation nor at its conclusion did most of the American press cover itself with glory. Neither did the Democratic Party and the intelligence community. They deserve our scorn for deluding Americans for years, and I predict they will get it

6 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

They all lie. The only difference is the dems think their side tells the truth all the time. trump supporters know he says what is politically expedient on any given day. I could link you to many lies from the dems which go ignored, 

Awful lot of assumptions. On the other side of the coin trump articulates already proven lies and misinformation every day, with increasing frequency, which his base invests heavily in supporting / justifying as demonstrated on this forum.

20 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

It is true all human beings lie but not on such an epic scale and that’s the plane truth of the matter and it seems to me the trump supporters sound more desperate every day

16 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

Glenn Greenwald, no fan of the president, produced what I consider the most detailed, fair response to the Mueller report:

Right now Greenwald and Taibbi are the only journalists left on the left who are trustworthy

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

It is true all human beings lie but not on such an epic scale and that’s the plane truth of the matter and it seems to me the trump supporters sound more desperate every day

Well here, make it easy on us then.

Did Trump win the election fair and square?

Was there collusion?

Was their misconduct on the part of the government that deserves to be investigated?

Bet you either dont answer, or spout the usual.

1 minute ago, Tug said:

Well as an American inside of America I will say that I don’t think you are in touch with what is going on. The Democrats don’t have an agenda anymore. It isn’t the trump people crying about it now. The impeachment movement is in tatters and now what do the dems offer?

Higher taxes, an outrageous regiment of stupid social rules? 90 trillion in spending? The election will happen in four states in the rust belt. None of which will like the future without cars or airplanes. 

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

like lying about russian collusion for 3 years and still refusing to believe it even after it is proven false....yeah like that.

In sum, Democrats and their supporters had the exact prosecutor they all agreed was the embodiment of competence and integrity in Robert Mueller. He assembled a team of prosecutors and investigators that countless media accounts heralded as the most aggressive and adept in the nation. They had subpoena power, the vast surveillance apparatus of the U.S. government at their disposal, a demonstrated willingness to imprison anyone who lied to them, and unlimited time and resources to dig up everything they could.

The result of all of that was that not a single American -- whether with the Trump campaign or otherwise -- was charged or indicted on the core question of whether there was any conspiracy or coordination with Russia over the election.

that is irrational and desperate. and you look really stupid.

Pelosi herself won’t let it go to impeachment either. She knows it’s a lost cause and that it is a great reason to hold the whole Mueller investigation in question with anew special counsel to oversee it all. She knows it is better to just whine and ramble and continue to cast doubt then speak up and remove all doubt about the entire thing. 

Otherwise it it will go back to Obama and his admin who were sure of no Russian involvement in the elections until Trump won. The narrative changed at that point. Not just by a little bit but 180 degrees. The dems need to stop whining and come up with a real candidate.

This is not my own thought but me thinks it makes sense, The first half of report was the legal stuff where Mueller knew Trump wasn't guilty of anything, had he released that report prior to mid term elections or said "Hey Trump doesn't work for Putin" the results would have been different.

When this election comes around be prepared for sound bites of the rabid left telling all the damning evidence Mueller had before report became public. "Nothing short of Treasonous" was uttered over and over again. 

14 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Well here, make it easy on us then.

Did Trump win the election fair and square?

Was there collusion?

Was their misconduct on the part of the government that deserves to be investigated?

Bet you either dont answer, or spout the usual.

Donald won with help from a hostile foreign power he lost the popular vote and won the electoral vote by a narrow margin did Donald’s team actively plan with the Russians no did they encourage and try to use the info illegally hacked by the hostile power yes by Donald’s many many actions the cia fbi dis nsa ect ect would be grossly derelict in their duty not to look at him really really closely I sincerely hope they continue to do so 

11 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Pelosi herself won’t let it go to impeachment either. She knows it’s a lost cause and that it is a great reason to hold the whole Mueller investigation in question with anew special counsel to oversee it all. She knows it is better to just whine and ramble and continue to cast doubt then speak up and remove all doubt about the entire thing. 

Otherwise it it will go back to Obama and his admin who were sure of no Russian involvement in the elections until Trump won. The narrative changed at that point. Not just by a little bit but 180 degrees. The dems need to stop whining and come up with a real candidate.

Pelosi knows the Congress is terrified of Donald that’s why she isent going for it

Just now, Tug said:

Donald won with help from a hostile foreign power he lost the popular vote and won the electoral vote by a narrow margin did Donald’s team actively plan with the Russians no did they encourage and try to use the info illegally hacked by the hostile power yes by Donald’s many many actions the cia fbi dis nsa ect ect would be grossly derelict in their duty not to look at him really really closely I sincerely hope they continue to do so 

no, there is ZERO evidence that there was any effect on votes. 

You are still whining about the popular vote? 

304 to 227 IS NOT a "narrow margin"

the reckoning for the attempts to unseat a elected president is coming, and it will be hilarious to watch the left try and justify the actions 

8 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

the reckoning for the attempts to unseat a elected president is coming, and it will be hilarious to watch the left try and justify the actions 

I can remember demonstrating against the spying on lefty, even comminist groups, that was prevelant in the 1960s and 1970s. We called the government fascists. How dare they spy on American citizens! Even communists, dedicated to the destruction of the American system, an ideology with the blood of millions on their consciences, deserved not to be spied on by the government. And the Press was with us. What a proud moment when they published the stolen Pentagon papers. And Sen. Frank Church, a Conservative Democrat from Idaho, ran roughshod over the government to expose the abuses of the Alphabet Agencies.

Fast forward then. We now know we have a ginned up abuse of process by the Govt. We have demonstrable misconduct on the part of government agents. We have them consortign with politicians and foreign agents to influence the electoral process. We got them again with their fingers in the cookie jar, just like Frank Church did all those years ago. Whats the difference? The difference is that the Dems lack the courage to investigate their own. 

Absent the full cooperation of the Dems in a new investigation, their party will be finished in the eyes of right minded, freedom loving Americans, even liberal ones like me. I didnt leave the Dems, they left me.

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

He's clearly deteriorating. He speaks 4th grade level English but that's not fair to 4th graders that are generally much more COHERENT than he is. What this says about his diehard supporters, that still support this hot orange mess of a president is not at all pretty.

Forum rules

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members,

3 hours ago, elmrfudd said:

no, there is ZERO evidence that there was any effect on votes. 

You are still whining about the popular vote? 

304 to 227 IS NOT a "narrow margin"

I’m not wining but it sure sounds to me that you are lol

You guys sound more desperate every day we all know Donald is one flakey guy and now he is being exposed the only thing that’s keeping him out of jail is because he is potus if it was you or I we would be in jail

4 hours ago, elmrfudd said:

here we are again, berate who you hate and berate who support him, all based on an arrogant pseudo intellectual superiority complex.

One doesn't need to have a "pseudo intellectual superiority complex" to despise Trump. After all, he is a despicable human being. I think many of his supporters would even admit that. The problem isn't with the Trumps and Clintons of this world, they are always standing by to exploit the gullible. The problem is with the people. They've stopped caring about each other.

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

He's clearly deteriorating. He speaks 4th grade level English but that's not fair to 4th graders that are generally much more COHERENT than he is. What this says about his diehard supporters, that still support this hot orange mess of a president is not at all pretty.

I did read another post which suggested that the voters knew all that they were getting when they voted for the orange clown; a cheat, a liar, a misogynist etc etc, but what I don't think they realised was that this poor excuse for a human was so unintelligent and is basically as dumb as a bag of rocks.

Now that is becoming increasingly clearer, they are unfortunately stuck with him and can do nothing about it, which irks them somewhat.

The signs of it are all around and his recent tweet with regards to sending condolences to the 138 million people killed in Sri Lanka is laughable.

Go the Covfefe clown!!!!

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

He's always spoken 4th grade English. When he starts speaking 3rd grade English we'll know his mental faculties are deteriorating.

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

This is not my own thought but me thinks it makes sense, The first half of report was the legal stuff where Mueller knew Trump wasn't guilty of anything, had he released that report prior to mid term elections or said "Hey Trump doesn't work for Putin" the results would have been different.

Had the report been published before the mid term elections, you would have shouted that it was an attempt by alleged Democrat investigators to influence elections. 

I am sure you would have claimed afterwards that it had been the cause of the Republican failure and that Mueller should be indicted for political bias.

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

One doesn't need to have a "pseudo intellectual superiority complex" to despise Trump. After all, he is a despicable human being. I think many of his supporters would even admit that. The problem isn't with the Trumps and Clintons of this world, they are always standing by to exploit the gullible. The problem is with the people. They've stopped caring about each other.

Your opinion is merely that. It goes as far as anyone else's 

6 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Yes, that's my opinion, but I've got a lot of evidence for it. BTW, which part of my opinion do you object to?

You despise the potus, that view is reinforced hourly by the media with an agenda. 

If you think you are being objective in your evidence, that is all there is to say. 

I despised the last 3 potus, but I didn't condone relentless unfounded investigation, without actually having the evidence to support it. 

3 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

You despise the potus, that view is reinforced hourly by the media with an agenda. 

If you think you are being objective in your evidence, that is all there is to say. 

I despised the last 3 potus, but I didn't condone relentless unfounded investigation, without actually having the evidence to support it. 

Sure you didn't. We all believe that.

I recently read a very funny comment on Slate.

There are two kinds of people:

"trump" haters and WRONG. 

20 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

Your opinion is merely that. It goes as far as anyone else's 

I totally agree people have the right to have the opinion to support 45. But people also have the right to have the opinion that support of 45 after all we know now about his utter moral depravity is VOMIT making. Cheers!

10 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

Hey, listen man. I've voted in every presidential election since I was 18. Not once did a candidate I voted for get elected.

Don't get me wrong, I think Trump's only slightly worse as president than several of the presidents we've had in recent decades. I object to him as a person. He's a contemptible human being. A piece of shit who intentionally sets out to hurt others. A narcissist and possibly a sociopath. No one's going to grieve if he died tomorrow and many will celebrate his demise. Not because of his politics, because he has none, but because he's a despicable person and the world's better off whenever a despicable person leaves it.

Archived