Obese US tourist who ‘forced flight attendants to wipe his bum while he moaned with pleasure’ dies in popular Thai resort

webfact

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Aforek said:

Can an airline refuse a passenger if he has paid already his seat ?

Yes, for obese people the following statement: Flyers who can’t sit comfortably with both armrests lowered call in advance to reserve a second seat. If you don’t do this, the airline will try to find a suitable alternative, but if this isn’t possible, you may not be able to fly on your originally scheduled flight.

Plus, if you occupy two seats, but have ticket for one,  and the plane is fully booked then it is either one passenger have to give up their seat or you have the get the next flight, and mostly have to pay for the second seat.

14 minutes ago, randy723 said:

how do you know so much about what happened? were you on the plane with him if so why didn't you wipe his bun?

Hmm,..I prefer to believe somebody that knew the guy vs. the version of a lousy journalist of the SUN !!!

1 hour ago, animatic said:

Most of this Sun story is total crap.

Yes he died, of complications of Diabetase. Many people have it and it is harsh in the later stages. It can cause amputations from circulation problems and yes un-controlled weight gain.

He was a lovely guy who just needed help in this case. He normally planned on not needing the lavatory or such assistance on any flights. But this time got unlucky. Likely because his health was deteriorating more than expected.

He also regularly bought multiple seats when purchasing tickets, all in his name, so his bulk did not discomfit any other passengers. He may have insisted he get all the seats he paid for. But they were his. He’d been buying multiple seats for years for this reason. He was 6’6” so big by any standards.

He did NOT ‘moan in pleasure’. Never was his style.... He may have sighed in relief to not to finish the flight in such a bad state. It would have been an emergency situation like getting sick in flight.

Eva Air could ban him, but that’s just being churlish. They could just insist he bring a care giver along for the return flight.

No obvious working girls / boys / etc at this resort, ever. He was not a sexpat. He was staying at what has become a health spa, but it was always a respectable resort. One of the oldest old school resorts here.

He had a steady caretaker of decades here. And many friends who helped him out. But he also gave back to those friends every year for decades. 

I really found this Thaivisa pig-pile disgusting and offensive, but not as much as the spurious Sun hatchet job.

Thank you for the balanced response.

Somehow this topic has brought out the worst in 'some' of the worst ThaiVisa members, who I'm sure make the rest of us ashamed to be part of this ThaiVisa community - there are a number of posters who should be ashamed of themselves, I wouldn't wish these over opinionated and sorry scum on anyone... 

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

In over 20 years of regular flying I've never had to sit next to someone obese.  Someone who's drunk and loud, yes, a few times... but never someone so large they take over my space.

IMO the loud inconsiderate drunks are more of an issue. 

Specifically on this subject - An airline surely has options as flights are rarely 100% full. 

It shouldn't be an issue give the guy two seats so someone doesn't have to be squeezed up next to him. OR, if economy is full there's no reason not to upgrade him to business. 

IF the flight is full, offer an alternative flight with more space. 

With the exception of the most extreme and rare circumstances there are always options to handle a situation like this in a more dignified manner. 

You have been very fortunate, some of us have actually been squeezed out of our seat. It happened to me on a Qatar flight to Doha. Resulting in spending most of the flight standing.

46 minutes ago, JAG said:

I have. London to Mumbai (Jet) in the middle of three seat. The man in the aisle seat was very overweight, must have been 25 stone plus. Stank of stale sweat and snored like an old diesel train. Whenever a trolley came past he covered me like a stinking jelly. The staff were very solicitous, but the flight was full and there was little they could do. At one stage he waddled off to the toilet, where he stayed for a good twenty minutes. The staff immediately apologized, and brought me a couple of industrial strength gin and tonics!

Can't be pleasant...  But its a one off... Just like the one off I had when I was woken up by the Flight Attendant and warned to protect my son (1.5 yrs old at the time and asleep on my chest) and be conscious of a drunk man a few seats in front of me who was becoming aggressive and violent and had thrown a couple of things - it was a scary experience: I'd choose the overweight nice guy instead of an aggressive drunk any day of the week. 

If the man did not have an organic disorder that caused his obesity then it was due to severe psychological problems and issues I.e. he was not a well man.

eating to the point of such mass indicates a very troubled individual.

Despite what obese people sometimes say e.g. I’m happy the way I am is pure denial.

how can someone be happy (other than from the endocrine released hormones from eating) ‘the high’ possibly be happy?

unable to walk, stuck to beds all manner of bodily problems 

hygiene problems

huge difficulty attempting to have sexual relations rapid onset of increased morbidity etc etc etc

its very sad when we read n think on such things for others who suffer and become trapped in their obesity. A self imposed prison and self harm which usually begins as an attempt to soothe deep inner pain and turmoil.

Many more Troll style posts removed.

There will be NO further warnings issued, post in a Trolling manner, with derogatory, disgusting or profane content and you will be suspended without further notice.

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

4 hours ago, thequietman said:

Also, think of the turd that guy would leave behind in the aircraft toilet!

Doesn't bear thinking about. It probably had its own gravitational pull !

That sounds awfully dangerous. The earth might collapse with the plane.

14 minutes ago, Thairealist said:

It would seem that many grossly overweight people, put there condition down to it being genetic. What I cannot understand, is why when I’ve seen pictures of the Nazi concentration camps. Japanese POW camps,famine in  places such Ethiopia, there are never any fat people.

From Ricky Gervais I learned that the secret is to consume less calories than you burn. 

50 minutes ago, Yme said:

Then very simply if his health was deteriorating to that extent he shouldn't have been on a plane jetting off to enjoy his final days with Thai whores. Can't believe that someone has the gall to come on here and criticise the airline, The Sun, or this forum over someone travelling and not able to wipe their own arse. 

<removed>

Can't believe someone has the gall to come on here believing a story from The Sun

3 hours ago, animatic said:

I really found this Thaivisa pig-pile disgusting and offensive, but not as much as the spurious Sun hatchet job.

sorry about your friend.

some of the tvf members seem to be roads scholars, that is scholars from pattaya 2nd and 3rd roads

Archived