Do You Know (or Suspect That You Know) Anyone Off These Boards

leisurely

Whenever i'm sat in a bar or restaurant or even walking down the street, I often wonder if the farang sat opposite me could be a TV member? It's kinda fun trying to guess who it might be! Ha haa!

Yes.....It's true, I must be very bored!

Mark

Great minds think alike.

I was just posting mine which is the same as yours!!!! :o

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know for a fact that ex PM Thaksin regulary posts on TV under the alias runrabbitrun. I tend to ignore him when he posts as he is always complaining about how Thailand was better in the old days.

Wow. That sounds like a deluxe fast food whammy of me with cream cake thrown on the side.

Wei shemma, ni shuo shr? Wo shiang ni shuo de bu hao.

Bakanayatsu jya nai to omo, kedo...anata no kangae wa do yuu imi desu ka? Watashi o kirai no?

So, TV members cannot have other skills or abilities? Or cannot share any bits of their learned skills?

If you want to hit me, do it in the open, like a real person.

Onegaiitashimasu.

Remind me, what language is this forum restricted to?

Sorry, GH, the only other ones I know and better to throw words than stones.

Poor attempt at Mandarin and Japanese.... Must try harder.

Please, as your humble servant, correct my errors, Acquiesce Sensei and Lao Shi. :o If you can respond in kanji, hiragana, or katakana, even better. At least you knew it was Mandarin (actually Beijing da) and not Cantonese.

Great minds think alike.

I was just posting mine which is the same as yours

!!!!

The really sad thing is I often think up a mental picture of what certain people might look like and keep an eye out to see if i can spot them!!!!

Mark

Edited by markreed

Wow. That sounds like a deluxe fast food whammy of me with cream cake thrown on the side.

Bakanayatsu jya nai to omo, kedo...anata no kangae wa do yuu imi desu ka? Watashi o kirai no?

So, TV members cannot have other skills or abilities? Or cannot share any bits of their learned skills?

Onegaiitashimasu.

Please, as your humble servant, correct my errors, Acquiesce Sensei and Lao Shi. :o If you can respond in kanji, hiragana, or katakana, even better. At least you knew it was Mandarin (actually Beijing da) and not Cantonese.

I lived in Japan for several years and studied the Japanese language while i was there, my sister infact is now a Japanese lecturer at a university in England.

Both Mandarin and Cantonese were compulsory learning at the schools i attended and when i did my masters at SOAS in London Mandarin was my chosen language though i wish now i had chosen Thai.

Onegaiitashimasu.

You're not rattling people cages again Jet? Already nearly got rubbed out once today.

You're not rattling people cages again Jet? Already nearly got rubbed out once today.

He o hitte shiri tsubome :D

i got a native speaker next to me and she says ur jap is crap. can not understand it. :o

I was a Japanese major and lived in the land of wa for seven years, Acquiesce. Studied at Heilongjong Da Sue, too. Dont f** with me on Asia stuff. Did I make mistakes in pinyin? Ohhh. Send me errors in pms in kanji. There were none in grammar.

Wanna compare haiku in the rottenburro? Or do you know any? Ara umi ya...

you should be able to complete that sensei.

Bakanayatsu ja nai ka na

I am actually living in Madagascar, on a raft tied to the dock, with a wireless that connects to my yacht which I found superflous. I am a 99 year old warrioress from the Falklands war, and my white tresses are tangled in the seaweed, and the sand crabs speak perfect Etruscan to me about sunlit nights along the Nile....could I trouble you for a trifle of truffle, por favor?

I think a cup of tea and a lie down could be in order... :o

I probably know a heap of you as I've worked here in many places for years.

No one knows me though - my name means "anonymous" in Thai.

I've been in the company of some people when my TV name's been mentioned, something like 'he sounds like a real tosser", of course I never let on.

Edited by Neeranam

i got a native speaker next to me and she says ur jap is crap. can not understand it. :o

Tell her to google it if she has trouble with her native tongue.

I was a Japanese major and lived in the land of wa for seven years, Acquiesce. Studied at Heilongjong Da Sue, too. Dont f** with me on Asia stuff. Did I make mistakes in pinyin? Ohhh. Send me errors in pms in kanji. There were none in grammar.

Wanna compare haiku in the rottenburro? Or do you know any? Ara umi ya...

you should be able to complete that sensei.

Bakanayatsu ja nai ka na

Don't f*** with you on Asia stuff :o Sweet pea i have lived in Asia since i was 7 years old, apart from the time spent with studie in the UK. Most of my time has been spent in Hong Kong, Tokyo, Mumbai and Bangkok.

Fell free to PM me if you must dear. :D

:D but it must be a pretty obscure proverb if a native speaker doesn't know it.

so can u read newspapers?

He o hitte shiri tsubome :D ??? what dialect is that? okinawaben?

Send it in kanji.

Zen zen wakaranai no. Jya jizai! Just watching a film about the Aizu and Satsuma clans fighting during Tokugawa early times; oh yes I am a stupid farang gaijin and know nothing about nothing.

:D but it must be a pretty obscure proverb if a native speaker doesn't know it.

so can u read newspapers?

Nani ga iitai no

...the language of TV is English (apart from the Thai Language forum).

And there was I, thinking these people were posting in some regional English dialect :o or, as some people do, in old-style texting (SMS) jargon.

--

Maestro

I am easy to track down. Just look for my avatar’s banana leaf in the garden of a Swiss house, then check the name on the letter box. Ring the bell and I invite you in for a cup of tea, a glass of wine, or a beer.

Oops, looking out through the window I see that the leaves have wilted during winter and new ones are sprouting. Perhaps when they are fully grown I should take a new picture and use it as my avatar.

post-21260-1173190224_thumb.jpg

--

Maestro

I am easy to track down. Just look for my avatar's banana leaf in the garden of a Swiss house, then check the name on the letter box. Ring the bell and I invite you in for a cup of tea, a glass of wine, or a beer.

Oops, looking out through the window I see that the leaves have wilted during winter and new ones are sprouting. Perhaps when they are fully grown I should take a new picture and use it as my avatar.

post-21260-1173190224_thumb.jpg

--

Maestro

If you had taken that picture in the twilight it would look positively creepy. Nightmare on Banana Street material.

Soundman.

I think I've had a few drinks with a moderator in a bangkok pub once and there's one other guy who I think I've met. Not sure though and to be honest the subject of TV or other internet forums has never come up while on a bender :o

I got sussed by an ex-(bitter) employee who lives in the UK...God knows how he found this site...he posted some very defamatory remarks about me and was promptly banned.

But mostly I do not take myself seriously enough to care if people know my identity or not...I have met countless people on Thai Visa in person...many of whom I am proud to have as friends.

We all need friends and this forum is an excellent medium for making them...if you want to that is.

But I totally respect some peoples wish for annonimity...each to his own.

TP

Mina-san ni wa, oshirase:

Kokugo wa, nanoni omoshiro no koto desu ga, zannen desu ga, kono "threado" no "topicu" ga dewa arimasen, yo. Soshite, ichiban no "topicu" ni wa sugu ni kaerite no ho gai ii, desu ne?

Dozo yoroshiku onegaishimasu.

For the rest of you, I've asked the "Nihonophiles" to restrain themselves. Let's get back to the topic of people we may or may not know from the forum. It's no secret that I know PB, and I know at least 4-5 other member posters as well as a fair number of the mods.

"Steven"

Mina-san ni wa, oshirase:

Kokugo wa, nanoni omoshiro no koto desu ga, zannen desu ga, kono "threado" no "topicu" ga dewa arimasen, yo. Soshite, ichiban no "topicu" wa sugu ni kawarite no ho gai ii, desu ne?

Dozo yoroshiku onegaishimasu.

For the rest of you, I've asked the "Nihonophiles" to restrain themselves. Let's get back to the topic of people we may or may not know from the forum. It's no secret that I know PB, and I know at least 4-5 other member posters as well as a fair number of the mods.

"Steven"

Impressive, IJWT, respect! Keep up with your lessons. Getting back to the topic, I don't think I've met any board members personally but it may well be. There are quite a few from my birthplace Manchester and also from N. England and I have actually run into people I know from England and Germany in Thailand

As far as the anonymity thing goes it's not too important in a reasonably safe environment like TV but, as some of you will undoubtedly know, the wilder shores of the internet are a different matter. P*ss someone off on Usenet and you could find yourself in real danger if your identity becomes known.

As far as the anonymity thing goes it's not too important in a reasonably safe environment like TV but, as some of you will undoubtedly know, the wilder shores of the internet are a different matter. P*ss someone off on Usenet and you could find yourself in real danger if your identity becomes known.

Fortunately usenet has become such a mess few go there anymore except some of us dinosaurs from bygone days. :o

I happened to be reading on of Bernard Cornwell's Anglo Saxon vs the Danes series when I joined TV and was very taken with the name Sceadugenga so used it for a board name on an impulse. It gets a few laughs in the chat room.

Anyway my name's Julian and I live in Hoysen and I don't give a rats who knows it. Just ask at the police box for the fat farang with the small black dog if you want to come down and beat me up over a post.