Anger over Brexit sparks new grassroots drive for Scottish independence

webfact

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, aright said:

I wasn't aware the article was comparing Davidson and Thatcher but it's a good deflection from Sturgeons record and problems.

The article you linked to was written by Alan Cochrane - if you knew anything about Scottish politics you would realise that she has few supporters more slavering in their adulation than him. That said, I don't have access to a paywalled article so cannot comment on the contents per se, however my experience of his writing is that objectivity has never been one of his strong points. 

Which of Sturgeon's problems in particular does he refer to?

As for her record, here are some SNP deliverables: https://www.snp.org/record/

Please, I urge you to take a look. Maybe it will open your eyes to all the media lies fed by the tories and labour, both running scared because they see that their days of cushy troughing and corruption are coming to an end. 

Stop being paranoid I published the article for information not as criticism that's the province of the author. As I have said previously if the majority of Scots want independence they should have it. I'm surprised you couldn't get the article through flipboard.

If I see the article on another website I will forward it.

"if you knew anything about Scottish politics you would realise that she has few supporters more slavering in their adulation than him. " …….. reading your posts, no different to yourself, I would have thought, doing a little "Sturgeon slavering"

3 minutes ago, aright said:

Stop being paranoid I published the article for information not as criticism that's the province of the author. As I have said previously if the majority of Scots want independence they should have it. I'm surprised you couldn't get the article through flipboard.

What about the British wanting independence , the majority of Brits voted for independence , I trust that you also agree that we should get independence as well ?

12 minutes ago, aright said:

If I see the article on another website I will forward it.

"if you knew anything about Scottish politics you would realise that she has few supporters more slavering in their adulation than him. " …….. reading your posts, no different to yourself, I would have thought, doing a little "Sturgeon slavering"

I am not being paranoid, but you made reference to Sturgeon's record and her problems. I supplied you with a link to her record and asked you to elaborate on her problems. No need to search for the article if you can summarise those problems here.

20 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I am not being paranoid, but you made reference to Sturgeon's record and her problems. I supplied you with a link to her record and asked you to elaborate on her problems. No need to search for the article if you can summarise those problems here.

The problem with me elaborating is I would be subconsciously selective and that would not be fair to you...see what a nice guy I am.

Pay walls do highlight the problems with the fair use policy which limits full debate. 

35 minutes ago, sanemax said:

What about the British wanting independence , the majority of Brits voted for independence , I trust that you also agree that we should get independence as well ?

If you are referring to Brexit it's yes I'm a leaver. If it's something else you need to elaborate. 

6 minutes ago, aright said:

The problem with me elaborating is I would be subconsciously selective and that would not be fair to you...see what a nice guy I am.

Pay walls do highlight the problems with the fair use policy which limits full debate. 

Hmmm what was that you were saying about deflection?

21 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Hmmm what was that you were saying about deflection?

Did you miss my earlier post

"I published the article for information not as criticism that's the province of the author. As I have said previously if the majority of Scots want independence they should have it."

I'm not looking for an argument nor precis work either and if I want clarification and the real story I will go to the SNP website as advised.????

7 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Nice guys don't abuse others when they are not strong. Nice guys challenge people when they are strong. 

If you wish to abuse people or ideologies who are weak, well.. do know that you'll get some other people with different forces of ideologies against you. 

Speaking the language of children is one thing - attempting to learn from them quite another.

4 minutes ago, oilinki said:

That's cute, but I'm not a person to be set one's goals for or against, nor I wish to be. 

Find your own way of being content with yourself.

????

22 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Alright..oily can't help himself..probable cause..being a citizen of one of the eu subsidy junkie countries

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

As Ollinki has stated frequently he's from finland.

In 2017 the UK contributed 11.82 percent of the EU budget

Finland contributed 1.48 percent. 

The UK's population is 11.8 times that of Finland.

I'm going to make a huge leap of faith here and let you do the rest of the math.

It's no wonder you support Brexit.

11 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

As Ollinki has stated frequently he's from finland.

In 2017 the UK contributed 11.82 percent of the EU budget

Finland contributed 1.48 percent. 

The UK's population is 11.8 times that of Finland.

I'm going to make a huge leap of faith here and let you do the rest of the math.

It's no wonder you support Brexit.

Isnt the amount Countries pay based on their GBP ?

15 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Isnt the amount Countries pay based on their GBP ?

It's more complicated than that but it does have a direct relationship to the economic strength of a country. Which still makes malgateeddy's comment look ridiculous. Here it is again: "Alright..oily can't help himself..probable cause..being a citizen of one of the eu subsidy junkie countries"

13 hours ago, oilinki said:

Our Putinist friends like this.

Ahh - Putin - The orange turd's puppet master, and a man who's best foot soldiers in Europe are the Brexiteers. No surprise that he said a number of times in live interview that the UK should get on and deliver Brexit. This ex KGB agent understands democracy well, which is why opposition figures and journalists are killed openly or mysteriously disappear.

Is there no end to Ruth Davidson's midas touch? Not one to be outdone, the brave Colonel has managed to go one step further than Big Theresa, who looks like she will limp home 5th in the EU elections. Yes, the Scottish Branch of the Conservative and Unionist party is currently polling 6th in Scotland for the EU elections, based upon the most recent YouGov survey:

SNP 38%,

Brexit Party 21%,

Liberal Democrats 11%,

Labour 10%,

Greens 9%,

Conservatives 6%,

Change UK 2%

It is probably worth pointing out that explicitly remain parties are polling at 60% with Labour being all over the shop so hard to say what their voters want. The Tories are similarly conflicted, as both Snackbeard Mundell and the Colonel herself have made clear.

(If anyone is wondering why the Scottish Secretary is affectionately known as Snackbeard north of the border, this little clip will explain all).

)

DdUD9oYWAAAvTCl.jpg

Yes, Ruth Davidson has really got the nasty Nats running scared:

Prof John Curtice: SNP heading for 'all-time record' in EU elections

"Writing in the Scotsman, Prof Curtice said: "If polls of how Scotland will vote in the European elections on 23 May are at all correct, the political mood north of the border could be about to be reset once again.

"The nationalists look set to emerge from the elections as winners with momentum, while the Conservatives could look like sorry losers whose recent revival has been stopped in its tracks."

Yes, Ruth Davidson has really got the nasty Nats running scared:

Prof John Curtice: SNP heading for 'all-time record' in EU elections

"Writing in the Scotsman, Prof Curtice said: "If polls of how Scotland will vote in the European elections on 23 May are at all correct, the political mood north of the border could be about to be reset once again.

"The nationalists look set to emerge from the elections as winners with momentum, while the Conservatives could look like sorry losers whose recent revival has been stopped in its tracks."

R/r..SO WHAT?????

If I were you I'd take a 6 month break from work and go back home and have a good look at the SHAMBLES that is Scotland.!!
Re the eu mep elections in coupla weeks time..watch the Brexit Party..a British Party run amok.
It will gladden my heart BIG TIME.
Also watch for all the " Populist Partys" doing rather well over in mainland europe.
Great fun for me in coupla weeks[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]tapatalk_1557406540998.jpegtapatalk_1554542882860.jpegtapatalk_1556504588916.jpeg

R/r..SO WHAT?????

If I were you I'd take a 6 month break from work and go back home and have a good look at the SHAMBLES that is Scotland.!!
Re the eu mep elections in coupla weeks time..watch the Brexit Party..a British Party run amok.
It will gladden my heart BIG TIME.
Also watch for all the " Populist Partys" doing rather well over in mainland europe.
Great fun for me in coupla weeks[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]tapatalk_1557406540998.jpeg.85a745770f82ec7faba8420d1d694da2.jpegtapatalk_1554542882860.jpeg.958b2ed63a2ef9f61830769612f61951.jpegtapatalk_1556504588916.jpeg.36364899d4b092d0093b56c16f7aaaf1.jpeg

I genuinely hope that you are right, Teddy. I would love to see the Brexit Party wipe the floor with everyone else down south (apologies to English and Welsh remainers for my naked self interest).

With pro remain parties in Scotland polling at 60% minimum and an unknown number of Labour and Tory stalwarts also pro remain, this will hopefully open everyone's eyes to the fact that the only way for Scotland to remain in Europe is to back independence; the EU is much more important to us than the UK is.

If the tories can also shoehorn Boris into No. 10 in the not too distant future, it would be like all my Christmases come at once. Actually, that said, I don't think it matters who succeeds Theresa. They are all unpalatable in their own unique ways.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I will be back in July and August - looking forward to it.

Here is another statistic for you - more people in Scotland voted to leave the UK than voted to leave the EU.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

How many were taxpayers???[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I am not sure what the Times is getting at here (emphasis below, mine) - are they suggesting that some in the Tory Party in Scotland want to create a Scottish party ready for independence, or simply a Scottish poodle to follow obediently at the heels of London's Tories in Westminster but capable of distancing itself from Johnson's worst excesses?

The Times view on the Tory leadership: Union Blues

The prospect of Boris Johnson as prime minister raises worrying questions for Scotland and leaves Ruth Davidson facing a difficult dilemma

"While Mr Johnson sees himself as a latter-day Winston Churchill, to Scots eyes he is more of a Billy Bunter.

"As the odds shorten on a Boris Johnson premiership, what should Ms Davidson do? Some of her fellow parliamentarians are urging a radical response. They want her to cut ties with the UK Conservative Party and allow the Scottish Unionists, a throwback to a previous incarnation of the party, to forge a distinctively Caledonian strain of centre-right politics, free of Westminster taint. "

4 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

I am not sure what the Times is getting at here (emphasis below, mine) - are they suggesting that some in the Tory Party in Scotland want to create a Scottish party ready for independence, or simply a Scottish poodle to follow obediently at the heels of London's Tories in Westminster but capable of distancing itself from Johnson's worst excesses?

The Times view on the Tory leadership: Union Blues

The prospect of Boris Johnson as prime minister raises worrying questions for Scotland and leaves Ruth Davidson facing a difficult dilemma

"While Mr Johnson sees himself as a latter-day Winston Churchill, to Scots eyes he is more of a Billy Bunter.

"As the odds shorten on a Boris Johnson premiership, what should Ms Davidson do? Some of her fellow parliamentarians are urging a radical response. They want her to cut ties with the UK Conservative Party and allow the Scottish Unionists, a throwback to a previous incarnation of the party, to forge a distinctively Caledonian strain of centre-right politics, free of Westminster taint. "

Rudy, d' you know what, I am starting to give in. I want a United Kingdom. I don't want Scotland to leave and consign the rest of us in the North of England to eternal Tory rule. I am quite desperate, in fact. 

But in a way who can blame the Scots these days? Were I a Scot, I would probably join you. Who wouldn't want to be rid of Westminster these days?

Archived