Anger over Brexit sparks new grassroots drive for Scottish independence

webfact

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, david555 said:

@Nauseus...let me cheer you up a little :tongue: ..And not all counted yet...

So know what is waiting you next election Conservatives...

2019-05-03_233328.png

Oh, happy days! Thankyou!

10 minutes ago, oilinki said:

So EU Parliament and not an unelected folks, like you previously stated.

That's an improvement. 

Our EU folks are actually quite good and fair folks. 

Wait for the EUP elections.

32 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Wait for the EUP elections.

So you want some more of this... as a confirmation  ….? :tongue:

BTW -1105 1150 is the number now 235  239 out of 248 councils declared

42 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

A nice slap in the face of Brexit. ???? 

36 minutes ago, oilinki said:

It's a huge slap in the face of Brexit. Huge one!

Yes it is!

ukip2.PNG.10aaf7d97f7d995967749e2989e2f835.PNG

4 hours ago, Basil B said:

Can't wait...

Clearly the Brexit parties have been hit hard, Tories and sitting on the fence Labour just had a bloody kicking in the nuts, UKIP annihilated...

The Lib Dems & The Greens both very clear remain parties done extremely well.

Yes 20 day to go, Brexiteers will be very nauseous.

My feeling from listening to the debate throughout today is that most Brexit supporters didn't bother to vote. No point in supporting UKIP because they're pretty much finished as a political force since they went ultra right, and since Farage launched the Brexit Party. 

Now, if the Brexit party had had enough time to field candiates for the locals, they would have smashed the other parties out of sight. Without the Brexit Party in the locals there was no place to go for true Brexiteers. Whereas remainers were spoilt for choice with the Lib Dems and the Greens. 

7 hours ago, aright said:

Yes it is!

ukip2.PNG.10aaf7d97f7d995967749e2989e2f835.PNG

A thread about Scottish independence and you publish a chart that ignores the 2nd largest UK party by membership, the 3rd largest by MPs, largest by MSPs and the only player of note in Scottish politics for the past decade.

Allow me to add some much needed thread based context to the subject. My understanding is that this will likely equate to 3 SNP MEPs and 1 each for Labour, the Tories and the Brexit party. The gulf between Scottish and English thinking on Europe seems to be ever widening. 

Annotation 2019-05-04 093149.png

5 hours ago, david555 said:

Final results I think as 248 out of 248 councils declared

2019-05-04_025652.png

There are few things in life sweeter than seeing the nasty party get humped; and this within 24 hours of Ruth Davidson's triumphant speech at the Scottish branch conference of the Tory party to their 120 loyal attendees, where she declared that only the Scottish tories could beat the SNP. This vacuous, tedious and utterly unimpressive politician thinks she will be the next FM! Nobody can be so deluded as to believe this garbage, surely?  

Capture.JPG

19 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

A thread about Scottish independence and you publish a chart that ignores the 2nd largest UK party by membership, the 3rd largest by MPs, largest by MSPs and the only player of note in Scottish politics for the past decade.

Allow me to add some much needed thread based context to the subject. My understanding is that this will likely equate to 3 SNP MEPs and 1 each for Labour, the Tories and the Brexit party. The gulf between Scottish and English thinking on Europe seems to be ever widening. 

Annotation 2019-05-04 093149.png

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/1b70ce1trk/TheTimes_190430_EuropeVI_Trackers_w.pdf

9 hours ago, oilinki said:

On EU elections I expect more moderate ideologies to prevail. There might be some EU sceptic folks, who behave like children to get some seats.

In EU scale, UK childish folks are annoyance. This is why I wonder, why do you wish to send these children to us to represent UK?

You know, you could send your best folks to make sure that your country's best interest are being taken care of. You could do just that.

So we have 27 adult member states and 1 member state, which is in her teenager years. 

Nobody takes UK seriously anymore.

Don't worry, our child MEP's will have playmates from all over Europe.

8 hours ago, oilinki said:

What the most of us want, is to work and find solutions TOGETHER.

We are aware of our differences. We still wish to find solutions, compromises, which make us all happy and better off. 

That's how we like to do our co-operations with our friends. 

Nice sentiments, Jean Claude.

16 hours ago, billd766 said:

I never served in Scotland though I did a couple of weeks at Lossiemouth on detachment back in 1975. 

I did Lossie a couple of times in 75 with 12 sqdn, in the mobile accommodation other side of the airfield. As I lived in Forres they let me drive up there, rest of the sqdn went on the train. I went home most time I was off shift.

Elgin still benefits a bit from Lossie but Forres has become an old folks home, about the only business left is small and just to provide for the locals, most now make the 45 minute drive to Inverness for their shopping. Only recent bit of good news is that it has been chosen as the HQ for the space station.

In the recent hot spell there were hill fires in Moray and once the peat starts to burn it becomes a problem. The local MP is a conservative and I saw him bring the issue up in PMQ's, no answer from TM, just blamed the SNP. Talk about fanning the flames.

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

There are few things in life sweeter than seeing the nasty party get humped; and this within 24 hours of Ruth Davidson's triumphant speech at the Scottish branch conference of the Tory party to their 120 loyal attendees, where she declared that only the Scottish tories could beat the SNP. This vacuous, tedious and utterly unimpressive politician thinks she will be the next FM! Nobody can be so deluded as to believe this garbage, surely?  

Seen on GMB yesterday:

Seen on GMB yesterday:
[/url]  
This is clearly a stage managed return to the public eye. She kept her head down during the worst of the Brexit fiasco, presumably thinking that all would have been resolved by now, and is now trying to reinvent herself as the saviour of British conservatism.

The reality is, though, that she is little more than a Scottish Mark Francois - full of jingoistic soundbites, hot air and unnecessary rage.

But it is more sinister than simply a tale of a mediocre politician rising to a position they are clearly incapable of adequately filling - call me a crank, but there is a clear and well orchestrated plan in place across multiple media outlets to paint her as a future UK leader.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

This is clearly a stage managed return to the public eye. She kept her head down during the worst of the Brexit fiasco, presumably thinking that all would have been resolved by now, and is now trying to reinvent herself as the saviour of British conservatism.

The reality is, though, that she is little more than a Scottish Mark Francois - full of jingoistic soundbites, hot air and unnecessary rage.

But it is more sinister than simply a tale of a mediocre politician rising to a position they are clearly incapable of adequately filling - call me a crank, but there is a clear and well orchestrated plan in place across multiple media outlets to paint her as a future UK leader.

You're a Crank(ie) ????

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

Can you post up one example of this clear plan in the media? Otherwise you know what I'll call you! ????

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

You're a Crank(ie) ????

Here is a link to her at the Tory conference earlier in the week when she was recorded, unaware, trying, amongst other things, to rig an interview with the BBC so that she isn't asked any questions:

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Can you post up one example of this clear plan in the media? Otherwise you know what I'll call you! ????

One? Why limit yourself to one when there are many to choose from?

4 minutes ago, nauseus said:

But to be fair to her, she does need cosseting - she is hopeless when facing real scrutiny. Here is a wonderful example where she is incapable of identifying a single thing that she has accomplished for the people of Scotland.

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Here is a link to her at the Tory conference earlier in the week when she was recorded, unaware, trying, amongst other things, to rig an interview with the BBC so that she isn't asked any questions:

I'm out of time but will listen to the full clip later.

Getting caught on live mic happens to everyone in public life and only makes her human.

One? Why limit yourself to one when there are many to choose from?

[/url]  
R/r..

Can you remember the man due to appear quite soon in court on the following charges,
2 attempted rapes
7 attempted sexual assaults
2 attempted indecent assaults
1 breach of the peace,
telling all and sundry on tv before indyref 1 about the just wonderful Gers figures..knowing full well he WAS LYING thro his back teeth.
Happily he was shown up to be a sociopath.

Ps..his name is alex salmond..former leader of the snp and former 1st minister.tapatalk_1548815629899.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

I can give you the SNP plan.....

At the last General Election they lost a third of their seats and in the popular vote they were 13% down..

The results meant that the SNP lost its Westminster leader, chief whip, foreign affairs spokesman and international trade spokeswoman.

I'm no Mystic Meg so you will have to wait for the next GE to see if everything is still going to plan.

43 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

R/r..

Can you remember the man due to appear quite soon in court on the following charges,
2 attempted rapes
1 breach of the peace,
telling all and sundry on tv before indyref 1 about the just wonderful Gers figures..knowing full well he WAS LYING thro his back teeth.

Give it a rest, one politician is not a party, about every party in the land has had its black sheep at one time or another.

If alleged or proven offences against a politician were an impediment to voting for a party, then voting would have come to an end a long time ago.

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

R/r..

2 attempted rapes
1 breach of the peace,

Ps..his name is alex salmond..former leader of the snp and former 1st minister.tapatalk_1548815629899.jpeg

i wonder what windsor would of thought of these lot. 

Six British army soldiers arrested over alleged sexual assault _ UK news _ The Guardian.html

At the last General Election they lost a third of their seats and in the popular vote they were 13% down..
The results meant that the SNP lost its Westminster leader, chief whip, foreign affairs spokesman and international trade spokeswoman.
I'm no Mystic Meg so you will have to wait for the next GE to see if everything is still going to plan.

In case you want a hint of how the next Holyrood and GE results might play out, see below. IMG_20190504_163644.jpeg

55 minutes ago, aright said:

A GE is a bit academic as the referendum bill would be pushed through by the Scottish parliament and they are in place till 2021,

A GE could alter the outcome if a new government was less autocratic.

I don't think you have to be Mystic Meg to see the Tories and Labour take a hiding, why would Scotland be any different.

Archived