HCMC Non O Schedule

Quick question please.

The HCMC Consulate Website states there is a 2 day processing time. In other threads I'm reading you can pick it up the next day. 

My plan is to fly out on the 7th of May arrive late at night. Go to the consulate in the morning on the 8th with my paperwork. Come back the next morning on the 9th to pick up my visa And fly back on the 9th at 15:50.

Is this a viable plan?

Thanks for your input.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Apply the morning of one day between 8.30 to 11.30 and pickup the next afternoon 13:30 to 15:00.

Source: http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/80791-Before-submit-visa-|-Lưu-ý-trước-khi-xin-visa.html

I did read the opening times there, but got confused by #4 on the 'Non-Immigrant Visa "O" -- Accompanying Thai spouse or family members' page:

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/2886/46902-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O"---Accompanying-Th.html

But thanks for the clarification. :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

Not sure if it would give you time to make a 3.30 flight. Very tight on timing and at times hcmc traffic can be bad.

It will be tight and under normal circumstances I would have taken the extra day, or maybe just have a week holiday there. However my wife is 8 months pregnant, so I want to get back as soon as possible.

I checked the route on google maps and estimated 30 minutes to get to the airport, do you think this is realistic?

Thanks for your input.

In general the pick up is quick from the embassy. so with luck you could be at the airport at 2pm-ish.  Can't imagine you will have check in luggage so that makes it easier at the airport.

The letter from your wife should be hand written on the lines of requesting the embassy to issue the visa to you to allow you to visit/stay with her in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

Great thinking mentioning the hand written letter. I was going to make her write it on the computer. 
You most likely just saved me from a nasty surprise in HCMC ????

I will be at there for pickup at 1pm to try and make sure I'm first in line.

Edited by elcaro
added words

26 minutes ago, elcaro said:

Great thinking mentioning the hand written letter. I was going to make her write it on the computer. 
You most likely just saved me from a nasty surprise in HCMC ????

I will be at there for pickup at 1pm to try and make sure I'm first in line.

Scan a copy of her ID 2 sides on A4 and get her to write the letter on that page in addition to the required ID copies.

Edit.

Not a lot of shade for you while waiting for the doors to open.

Edited by overherebc

47 minutes ago, elcaro said:

Thanks again overherebc:thumbsup:

Just to make sure I understand correctly. On one side of the A4 will be her 2 sides of the ID card, and on the other side she will write the letter.

Not essential, just a good idea.

Both sides at the top or bottom and write on the same side.

The Ho Chi Minh City consulate can sometimes be very accommodating to applicants when given good reasons. Alongside the letter from your wife, I suggest you write your own letter to the consul (English OK) explaining that your wife is eight months pregnant, that you are keen to get back to her as quickly as possible, and asking if they could give you back your passport with visa late morning rather than early afternoon. The consul does not need to say yes, but I think you would have a good chance. Otherwise, good luck with the early afternoon traffic. No guarantees you will make it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

Alongside the letter from your wife, I suggest you write your own letter to the consul (English OK) explaining that your wife is eight months pregnant, that you are keen to get back to her as quickly as possible, and asking if they could give you back your passport with visa late morning rather than early afternoon. 

Thanks for the suggestion BritTim. That possibility didn't cross my mind at all. I will make the request and hope for the best.

Worst case scenario, I miss the flight and fly back in the morning.

No problem @overherebc, It's only 2 nights. Thanks for all your suggestions.