Documents for retirement extension

10 minutes ago, pagallim said:

This link is from the Phuket Immigration Volunteers website.   In theory at least, there should be no difference between any Immigration Office.

http://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/retirement/

Yes they seem to want a picture in front of house and a hand drawn map. Not usually needed on retirement extensions.

No leniency on the 12 months of 65,000 allowed. Unclear if non UK/USA/Oz  people can use the 65,000 income without an Embassy letter, but it reads as though it is required.

At least there is some clarity here, although it does differ from some other offices.

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

What option for financial proof will you be using?

Where would you be applying for the extension?

Jumping on this bandwagon, I have the last letter from UK embassy late December; applying at Jomtien. 

Besides form/photo/copies of passport/money do I need anything else?

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

Jumping on this bandwagon, I have the last letter from UK embassy late December; applying at Jomtien. 

Besides form/photo/copies of passport/money do I need anything else?

Yes sort of proof of address. A rental agreement or utility bill in your name. Or a copy of wife's blue book and id card if married and living in her house, lol.

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes they seem to want a picture in front of house and a hand drawn map. Not usually needed on retirement extensions.

No leniency on the 12 months of 65,000 allowed. Unclear if non UK/USA/Oz  people can use the 65,000 income without an Embassy letter, but it reads as though it is required.

At least there is some clarity here, although it does differ from some other offices.

For retirement, Chaengwattana Div 1 Immigration are also is asking for a map... They didn't ask for one for the last 9 years. I told a friend to take a map and a  photo of the front of the house earlier this month but they did not ask for the photo of the front of the house, just the map.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Estrada said:

For retirement, Chaengwattana Div 1 Immigration are also is asking for a map... They didn't ask for one for the last 9 years. I told a friend to take a map and a  photo of the front of the house earlier this month but they did not ask for the photo of the front of the house, just the map.

And why specify hand-drawn? Does this prove this is your home for real. Personally I could make something much clearer doing a screen copy from Google Maps where there is a nice dropped pin on my printer!